AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 15:16   Link #1
cyberdemon

Assassin's Creed Unity

New Assassin's Creed for the XBone and the PS4.

The new game is set during the french revolution featuring a new assassin.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...ming-this-fall
Old 2014-03-20, 00:31   Link #2
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
New Assassin's Creed for the XBone and the PS4.

The new game is set during the french revolution featuring a new assassin.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...ming-this-fall
Strangely I am not really that excited for this one for some reason.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 06:44   Link #3
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ahh, finally some news for the new assassin's creed, i had two guesses either ancient Egypt or french revolution,
based on the screenshot my first reaction will be, the assassin's robes are too plain, they should had more gear to it and i most concerned about the environment, they should make it colorful and lively like black flag

and not repeat what they did in AC3, too much big city, too wide roads, too much large building, less parkour elements, dull environment, too much large forest, too much unnecessary running from here to there and also they should not make the interface too much technology like.

as long as they do not screw up the environment , it could be a very nice game
Old 2014-03-20, 07:47   Link #4
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
French revolution is a fantastic context for an Assassin's Creed game. From a political point of view.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:38   Link #5
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
ahh, finally some news for the new assassin's creed, i had two guesses either ancient Egypt or french revolution,
based on the screenshot my first reaction will be, the assassin's robes are too plain, they should had more gear to it and i most concerned about the environment, they should make it colorful and lively like black flag

and not repeat what they did in AC3, too much big city, too wide roads, too much large building, less parkour elements, dull environment, too much large forest, too much unnecessary running from here to there and also they should not make the interface too much technology like.

I agree. The design and color scheme on those robes make the character look more like a templar multiplayer character rather than assassin. I hope they change it up otherwise it would just look very lackluster.
Old 2014-03-20, 15:01   Link #6
blackstormattack

I hope this won't be a disappointment, I am really used to be playing the last games. I had bought Assassins Creed: Ezio Trilogy from amazon which I played endlessly. The most interesting thing was that I could actually see the buildings in game of which I studied.

I wouldn't mind the robes though, templars often were assassins
Old 2014-03-20, 15:42   Link #7
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The French revolution had been proposed by fans (me included, I've posted about it before in the AC3/AC2 thread some time ago) at the end of AC2B when Shaun notices that a Phrygian cap was among the floating symbols in the temple (though his explanation -and subsequent conclusion- was conveniently interrupted by Juno's reality-hack)...it so happens that the Phrygian cap was a recurrent symbol during the French Revolution (originally, Romans gave P-caps to slaves they wished to free, as a symbol of newfound freedom), representing the people's desire to be free from the monarchy and its excesses. I'm just surprised Ubisoft (a French company) didn't go for this a couple years ago...but maybe they preferred time periods closer to Ezio's rather than jumping several centuries down the timeline.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I agree. The design and color scheme on those robes make the character look more like a templar multiplayer character rather than assassin. I hope they change it up otherwise it would just look very lackluster.
Remember that in the Ezio games, you could go to tailor shops to change your robes' color patterns. The last AC installments (AC3/4) were more about unique (often DLC- or achievement-related) outfits rather than customizable clothes, so maybe the ability to change colors is back.
Quote:
and not repeat what they did in AC3, too much big city, too wide roads, too much large building, less parkour elements, dull environment,too much large forest,
In AC3, the cities weren't too large IMHO but the free-running was ruined by the colonial architecture, which didn't lend itself to what we were used to - that is, the long, uninterrupted rows of tall, flat-roofed houses from AC2/B/R which you could run on without slowing down overmuch. The houses in AC3 were unequal in height and had slanted roofs with a LOT of platforms with guards stationed on them. It's not bad game design, it's just that historical accuracy doesn't always make happy marriages with dynamic gameplay.
Quote:
too much unnecessary running from here to there and also they should not make the interface too much technology like.
It's true that they mucked up the fast-travel system in AC3 (a little less so in AC4, though), and they made the mistake of including the tunnel system for that one city in AC3 that unlocks FT locations. The tunnel can be a nightmare to navigate and by the time I had stopped playing AC3, I still didn't have all FT locations discovered and unlocked (problem is, it seems you can only discover and unlock them from within and not from the outside). The worst was Frontier - not enough fast travel spawn points. Maybe this will change with Unity - since Paris is built upon abandoned gypsum mines (some of which were turned into catacombs when the Parisian cemeteries became overcrowded), maybe the MC will travel through them.
Quote:
Paris at the time of the Revolution will CERTAINLY be a more scenic environment than the 1772-era British colonies or the Carribean towns. Versailles, the Bastille, the Louvre and the Notre-Dame (all of which I hope will be extensively explorable) will be more eye-catching than AC4's lackluster Nassau, Kingston, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
French revolution is a fantastic context for an Assassin's Creed game. From a political point of view.
The mere chronology is interesting enough - I mean, you have the entire episode that sees the start of the revolution, the king's flight, his capture and execution, how Robespierre and the Jacobins came to power then fell from grace, how Napoleon eventually took the state...the list stretches on. Oh, there's definitely more than enough to keep us on tenterhooks, especially if the scriptwriters want us to shift our sympathies from one side to the other (just like how they did it with George Washington and Haytham in AC3).
Old 2014-03-20, 16:34   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That better be an image of young Napoleon or I'll be disappointed in their creativity.
Old 2014-03-20, 19:09   Link #9
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
People have been clamoring for French Revolution for quite some time.

Can't wait for a legit next-gen AC game. Of course, gotta buy a PS4 and ACIV first...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 01:13   Link #10
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Remember that in the Ezio games, you could go to tailor shops to change your robes' color patterns. The last AC installments (AC3/4) were more about unique (often DLC- or achievement-related) outfits rather than customizable clothes, so maybe the ability to change colors is back.
most important is that the robes should be like an assassin, not like an soldier or a captain's uniform like in AC3, i think ezio's robes where the most authentic assassin robes, and edward's robes though little like a captain but were modified by extra gear and so it looked pretty nice.

Quote:
In AC3, the cities weren't too large IMHO but the free-running was ruined by the colonial architecture, which didn't lend itself to what we were used to - that is, the long, uninterrupted rows of tall, flat-roofed houses from AC2/B/R which you could run on without slowing down overmuch. The houses in AC3 were unequal in height and had slanted roofs with a LOT of platforms with guards stationed on them. It's not bad game design, it's just that historical accuracy doesn't always make happy marriages with dynamic gameplay.
even AC4 some slanted roof buildings, but the navigation in it was pretty nice, most important are the parkour elements, like windows,balconies, stairs, rods, hanging pots, crates on the side etc etc like in AC4, in AC3 the building were plain,so it boring to do a simple climb. and if the cities are too large they should follow AC4 and make every view point a fast travel point.
and there is also speculation that this time there is a new navigation system with something parkour up and parkour down, so i really hope it is something good.

and i think another thing is the assassin himself, i guess none of us want a naive warrior like connor, rather it should be a true assassin like ezio or a ruthless killer greedy who goes for his own goals kinda like edward. whatever it might be no connor 2 please.

and also there should be more assassins and templars conspiracies, that element got left behind in ezio games, In both AC3 there clearly was no assassin order at all, they tried to regain it in AC4 but still not that much.
Old 2014-03-21, 13:02   Link #11
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:

I loved that feature of the game and wished it had stayed for the Anvil next games. ACIII kind of had that but not really since the outfit recolors were pretty limited. I hope it comes back for these next games, but I doubt it since nowadays it seems like Ubi is trying to avoid the "old formula" of previous games with each new release, but only keeping/improving core elements like Assasination and stealth. I think it's great that they are trying to be fresh but I would love to ask them what would the harm be in keeping those old features?

Another thing I noticed was the lack of that signature beak on the hood again. Maybe the image was too low res. but it kind of looked like that to me. I thought that design was only unique to Assassins in that region of the map in IV and never complained then but are they doing this with every new assassin game now? I know it's just a aesthetic thing but still....

I also miss the kind of assassin recruiting/training they had in Brotherhood and Revelations. What they did in ACIII wasn't the same and in IV it got replaced by fleet building.

*edit* Teaser came out:

This gives me AC 1 nostalgia for some reason. I wonder how much more different the game would look visually compared to ACIV since it's next gen consoles only.

Last edited by greensoulreaper; 2014-03-21 at 18:32.
Old 2014-03-21, 21:47   Link #12
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Can't wait to see more. Thanks for the post.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:59   Link #13
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

looks like they decided to go with the leak and give out a confirmation and from the teaser, the surrounding seems pretty good and as the footage was still alpha, looks like there is going to be a more improvement.
but now we have official final confirmation of the game and it releases this year.
i really hope they make a PC version for it as i don't have the console
Old 2014-03-22, 01:11   Link #14
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
looks like they decided to go with the leak and give out a confirmation and from the teaser, the surrounding seems pretty good and as the footage was still alpha, looks like there is going to be a more improvement.
but now we have official final confirmation of the game and it releases this year.
i really hope they make a PC version for it as i don't have the console
Yeah this holiday, and by then it'll be about a year since ACIV was released. Boy, time flies.

The end of the teaser shows that it's coming to PC too. I don't know if it'll be as the same time as the consoles but either way it'll come.

The background & environment in the teaser looks amazing. This must be why it's PC and next-gen only. If this is alpha of the actual world and not some pre-rendered cutscene, then I change my mind, I am looking forward to it. Unity might feature improved graphics and a larger world than Black Flag. The teaser makes me suspect that they either got more out of the Anvil Next engine this time or they're using a new engine for this game. I bet on the former.
Old 2014-03-22, 20:36   Link #15
lightbringer
M9000

They did their best given the leak and spun it into a good direction. They even made a joke about Abstergo forcing the leak.

French Revolution will be a good setting but ultimately it won't be all that different from the Italian setting of AC2 with a mix of more guns/cannons from AC3/AC4. I was hoping for something more divorced from the past games, like Sengoku Jidai or Tsarist Russia at least, or even something more modern. We've still got a second AC title that's not been leaked yet though, so maybe something to look forward to.

Graphics wise, I would not expect a significant jump from AC4. The new tech is good but AC4 was already a big step up on PS4 from the PS3 version.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 23:03   Link #16
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
They did their best given the leak and spun it into a good direction. They even made a joke about Abstergo forcing the leak.

French Revolution will be a good setting but ultimately it won't be all that different from the Italian setting of AC2 with a mix of more guns/cannons from AC3/AC4. I was hoping for something more divorced from the past games, like Sengoku Jidai or Tsarist Russia at least, or even something more modern. We've still got a second AC title that's not been leaked yet though, so maybe something to look forward to.

Graphics wise, I would not expect a significant jump from AC4. The new tech is good but AC4 was already a big step up on PS4 from the PS3 version.
Yeah I'm a bit skeptical as well, but this time they won't have to worry about limits because of what one system can do and what the other can't. There's no need to level the playing field for the old consoles to have decent performance because now they're out of the equation. I personally think it could look a bit better than ACIV but definitely feature an even larger world this time. The guys that did ACIV paid a lot of attention to developing for next gen consoles, esp. PS4 and utilizing it's capabilities, so I got some high hopes for this new game.

Tsarist Russia is one setting I really wanted them to do, along side a setting in the Asia region, like India/China/Japan. I mean with all that rich history they could do a lot with those countries regarding colonization and internal conflicts of the 19th century.
Old 2014-03-23, 03:05   Link #17
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`m expecting Napoleon I in that game since the story line is set in French Revolution(Studied the whole thing)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 03:11   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
French Revolution will be a good setting but ultimately it won't be all that different from the Italian setting of AC2 with a mix of more guns/cannons from AC3/AC4.
Revolutionary France is pretty different from Renaissance Italy in many ways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Throne View Post
I`m expecting Napoleon I in that game since the story line is set in French Revolution(Studied the whole thing)
Napoleon was post-Revolution though...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 05:24   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Another one? Oh man this is a yearly package for AC fans indeed.
Old 2014-03-23, 08:09   Link #20
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Revolutionary France is pretty different from Renaissance Italy in many ways...
Not where it counts for an AC game, namely in the architecture of the buildings. I'm afraid it will be a reskin of Rome, maybe with buildings packed slightly more together to account for increased platform capabilities.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote