AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-18, 13:54   Link #18161
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I really hope Shidou goes full Spirit or becomes Da'at next volume. If has to go against Tohka (presumably it's the Tohka we know) with any new powers and forms he's gonna need it. Or has to go on a more sophisticated date with Tohka different from the normal dates he's had with her.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 14:46   Link #18162
maton456full
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Argentina
This volume was amazing , anyway I was expecting some cliffhanger in the end like Tachibana always do , in the afterword says that this was the end of love story of Mio ( aka , Mio Arc ) . No only spoilers can say you all of this volume , you have to read it by yourself .
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 15:25   Link #18163
Ginko08
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Kurumi:
Because it DOES differ quite a bit from the Shido/Shinji situation. Shido lived out most of his life while unaware of Shinji´s existence, he was his own person, who then received Shinji´s memories. But whereas Shinji´s/Shido´s memories contrast each other, with Shinji having lived a different life, Kurumi´s clone is basically just a copy of Kurumi at some point in her life. Said clone Kurumi knows exactly what she is, and has no memories outside of her existence as Kurumi. Rather than being in contrast to each other, her and real Kurumi´s memories match up until a certain point, and the rest is just real Kurumi´s memories that she gave to her clone.

Putting it into game terms, Kurumi´s case is like overwriting an old save file. You saved 10 days ago, but made a lot of progress since then, so you overwrite it. Still the same story and still the same save file, just a newer version. Shinji/Shido is like doing a new game plus. Shinji´s story is finished, and the game is rebooted to start anew. But with different choices from the very start, it becomes an altogether different story, and after a certain point the main character from your first playthrough shows up and gives new MC his knowledge. New MC is still new MC though. Kurumi´s clone however very much wasn´t anything other than Kurumi´s clone.
Ginko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 15:25   Link #18164
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
This volume was amazing , anyway I was expecting some cliffhanger in the end like Tachibana always do , in the afterword says that this was the end of love story of Mio ( aka , Mio Arc ) . No only spoilers can say you all of this volume , you have to read it by yourself .
We already have the spoilers.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 15:30   Link #18165
Ginko08
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
We already have the spoilers.
I think they meant that the spoilers aren´t enough to give a proper impression of the volume/do it justice. I.e. that to get the full picture reading the entire volume is very much necessary.


...which is rather obvious of course, but oh well. I suppose that means they enjoyed it.
Even if the Tohka spoilers make me raise an eyebrow.
Ginko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 16:02   Link #18166
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still can't believe Tohka pull something like that in the end. As expected of the idiot princess.
My guess it is the reason she was created and she is doing it without meaning to. Like maybe the world created her to recover and the worlds energy from Mio who was abusing it in her attempt to bring back Shinji. The real final fight is Shidou trying to beat fate again by stopping Tohka from being a sacrifices to r turn the energy to the world
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 16:15   Link #18167
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I actually thought Shidou would give Mio's Sephira to Mana. I hope in the next volume Tohka would give a good explanation what she just did. I'm still praying that there would be a DAB reference.

I wonder what happen to Ellen and Artemisia now that Westscott is dead ...permanently?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 16:25   Link #18168
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder what happen to Ellen and Artemisia now that Westscott is dead ...permanently?
New members for Shidou's harem?
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 16:38   Link #18169
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Spirit Dimension
Can anyone tell me if we even saw Reine in her Astral Dress in this volume? Usually, there's always that one sharper image of the focal Spirit we get each volume, but this time it was Mio again, and I don't see her wearing it in any of the illustrations.

With everything that happened at the end, it would be suspicious for it to have not shown up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
On my side I still feel like this volume was very underwhelming, even after the detailed summary and a few tl's here and there. Nothing was surprising, maybe what Tohka did at the end, most of the important parts were predictable or expected to happen, i just want to see if the next volume delivers something truly surprising instead of the usual patter DAL has been following since the first arc.
With the timing of Tohka taking that crystal right after Mio's death, it makes me wonder if that might be Dark Tohka we're seeing.

She might not be in her Inverse Form, but considering what we learned about Tohka's origins last volume, it wouldn't surprise me if Mio's death may have had a side effect on Tohka, one that's let her take control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
After all this time reading DAL there is one thing that's for sure, most of the deaths won't matter because the characters will be back anyways. Right now Wescott's death is something that will be permament (I hope) so everything that's left is fixing this whole situation, bringing back Kurumi, dealing with anything that Tohka is trying to do and maybe, just maybe Reine back to the world of the living (you know, after all she's still someone relevant for the girls and Shido).
Considering that the Kurumi we have is a clone with the original having died again, which also happened in the previous volume, I kind of see the same issue with her and Mio's deaths being permanent that you do.

It would be interesting if the only way to stop and save Tohka is by trying to avert/undo Mio's death, which he might do if he counts the original Kurumi's death as something he needs to prevent as well, which he probably does after seeing it happen once already.

Who knows? With how some volumes are titled, maybe the next one will contain "Golden End" in it.
__________________
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:07   Link #18170
Gundam Meister
Setsuna F Seiei
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 27
I wonder what kind of Astral Dress Tohka will have next volume will it be a fusion of hers and Mio's or will it be an upgraded version of her full form from the movie ?
__________________
<a href="http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/lino211/photos/4302873959"><img src="http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/46f43f33d4d533d8cbf83a731497f2131263231751_medium.  jpg"/></a>
Gundam Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:15   Link #18171
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Can anyone tell me if we even saw Reine in her Astral Dress in this volume? Usually, there's always that one sharper image of the focal Spirit we get each volume, but this time it was Mio again, and I don't see her wearing it in any of the illustrations.

With everything that happened at the end, it would be suspicious for it to have not shown up.
Yes, I believe it is. It's seen before Reine fuses with the other Reine in Kurumi's Shadow. Mio is 100% dead - she reunites with Shinji in the afterlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
With the timing of Tohka taking that crystal right after Mio's death, it makes me wonder if that might be Dark Tohka we're seeing.

She might not be in her Inverse Form, but considering what we learned about Tohka's origins last volume, it wouldn't surprise me if Mio's death may have had a side effect on Tohka, one that's let her take control.
No. Inverse Tohka and Tohka are very much on the same page a la both Origamis at the end of last volume. Inverse Tohka would have no reason to betray her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Considering that the Kurumi we have is a clone with the original having died again, which also happened in the previous volume, I kind of see the same issue with her and Mio's deaths being permanent that you do.

It would be interesting if the only way to stop and save Tohka is by trying to avert/undo Mio's death, which he might do if he counts the original Kurumi's death as something he needs to prevent as well, which he probably does after seeing it happen once already.

Who knows? With how some volumes are titled, maybe the next one will contain "Golden End" in it.
Mio's death will not be undone. This is the 'True End' - the canon timeline. The narrative doesn't treat Kurumi's clone as a clone - it treats her as Kurumi. As far as the narrative is concerned, Kurumi isn't dead. As stated above, she just overwrote her previous save.

Mio's death is treated as a conclusion, and with far, far more gravity than any other death this far. The afterword even confirms that this volume marks the tragic end of Mio's love story, and wishes her farewell. She's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I actually thought Shidou would give Mio's Sephira to Mana. I hope in the next volume Tohka would give a good explanation what she just did. I'm still praying that there would be a DAB reference.

I wonder what happen to Ellen and Artemisia now that Westscott is dead ...permanently?
The afterword to the original Date A Bullet strongly implies that there will be no nod to it in the main series. Drop it.

As for Ellen and Artemisia - side with Woodman and get unbrainwashed, respectively. We're far too late for new harem members, plus they have no plot relevance now.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:28   Link #18172
Mizo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: realm of tragedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My guess it is the reason she was created and she is doing it without meaning to. Like maybe the world created her to recover and the worlds energy from Mio who was abusing it in her attempt to bring back Shinji. The real final fight is Shidou trying to beat fate again by stopping Tohka from being a sacrifices to r turn the energy to the world
almost got me there lul ....we still don't know why but who ever read vol 19 knows that tohka had a talk with Reine before their date i don't know the exact conversation but something was off .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Can anyone tell me if we even saw Reine in her Astral Dress in this volume? Usually, there's always that one sharper image of the focal Spirit we get each volume, but this time it was Mio again, and I don't see her wearing it in any of the illustrations.
if the author describe it only in volume , but no illustrations only volume cover and another one with her saying
"Dreams are things that will wake up some time. Is that's right───SHIDOU?" which idk if she actually said it in novel ...since i didn't read the vol myself i need someone to confirm it, i guess the Reine in astral dress was just one last fan services for her fans since koushi doesn't plan on bring Mio/reine back ...like he mentioned in the after something about the end of love story of Mio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Considering that the Kurumi we have is a clone with the original having died again, which also happened in the previous volume, I kind of see the same issue with her and Mio's deaths being permanent that you do.
i keep my hopes up that shido save everyone by the end , felt so sad for him suffering suffering ...i hope the reward would be worth it .....
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:31   Link #18173
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still can't believe Tohka pull something like that in the end. As expected of the idiot princess.
What does an “idiot princess” have to do with anything? We have no idea why she took the crystal, nor has she done anything that actually says that she’s turned evil or something. Nothing has been said as to what’s going on here, so why is everybody jumping to conclusions and saying that Tohka has turned evil?
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:35   Link #18174
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Spirit Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Yes, I believe it is. It's seen before Reine fuses with the other Reine in Kurumi's Shadow.
I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
No. Inverse Tohka and Tohka are very much on the same page a la both Origamis at the end of last volume. Inverse Tohka would have no reason to betray her.
Could Mio's death still have a possible effect on her, or is that also a not possible?
__________________
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:47   Link #18175
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
I see, thanks for clarifying that.



Could Mio's death still have a possible effect on her, or is that also a not possible?
You're welcome. Like I said, Mio is 100% dead.

Highly unlikely. Tohka is noted by multiple characters, at multiple times in V19, to be 'acting odd'. So it's not related to Inverse Tohka or Mio, but something else.

Jealousy is part of it. At the beginning of the novel, Tohka asks Reine if she loves Shido - and when Reine says she does, Tohka walks off uncharacteristically coldly, with Reine noting that it's like she's 'preparing for battle'.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 17:55   Link #18176
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Spirit Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
You're welcome. Like I said, Mio is 100% dead.

Highly unlikely. Tohka is noted by multiple characters, at multiple times in V19, to be 'acting odd'. So it's not related to Inverse Tohka or Mio, but something else.

Jealousy is part of it. At the beginning of the novel, Tohka asks Reine if she loves Shido - and when Reine says she does, Tohka walks off uncharacteristically coldly, with Reine noting that it's like she's 'preparing for battle'.
Yikes... only shortly after he comes back in time? It's a scary thought to think what's paired with that jealousy to make her act that way...

Say, is the one illustration with her, Miku, and Origami showing her Astral Dress with some of Nia's traits on it? I swear her sleeves look different, but I'm not sure on it because the spoilers only mention that Kurumi gets Rasiel temporarily.
__________________
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 18:03   Link #18177
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Yikes... only shortly after he comes back in time? It's a scary thought to think what's paired with that jealousy to make her act that way...

Say, is the one illustration with her, Miku, and Origami showing her Astral Dress with some of Nia's traits on it? I swear her sleeves look different, but I'm not sure on it because the spoilers only mention that Kurumi gets Rasiel temporarily.
No. Kurumi gains Raziel temporarily before returning it to Nia. The others never get any of Nia's power at all.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 19:38   Link #18178
EvI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brazil
Man can't believe author really went for Mio/Reine death ... Dude what a fu**ing broker.... At least let's pray "Reine" comes back in some way or at least reincarneted as Shidou daughter with Tohka as a father-con.

Also i bet that in Tohka mind she probably was jealous of "Reine/Mio" with Shidou because, well she IS her mother(also superior to her) even if "that" tohka doesn't knew. She will probably fuse herself with her inverse side from now on, hope things get explained next volume. (She probably doesn't care about the others spirits because subconsciously instead of a mother, they are her sisters "equals" or "inferior" at least in her mind).
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 19:41   Link #18179
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
Man can't believe author went for Mio death ... Dude.... At least let's pray "Reine" comes back in some way or at least reincarneted as Shidou daughter with Tohka.

Also i bet that in Tohka mind she probably was jealous of "Reine/Mio" with Shidou because, well she IS her mother(also superior to her) even if "that" tohka doesn't knew. She will probably fuse herself with her inverse side from now on, hope things get explained next volume. (She probably doesn't care about the others spirits because subconsciously instead of a mother, they are her sisters "equals" or "inferior" at least in her mind).
The story confirms that Mio and Reine ARE the same - there is no distinction between them. Reine's just an older, sadder Mio. The end of Mio's story means the end of Reine's.
Reincarnation's always an option, though.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 20:00   Link #18180
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Spirit Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The story confirms that Mio and Reine ARE the same - there is no distinction between them. Reine's just an older, sadder Mio. The end of Mio's story means the end of Reine's.
Reincarnation's always an option, though.
I think a reincarnation of her is likely the closest we'll ever get to a Rio cameo.
__________________
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.