AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-09, 18:50   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

[possible spoilers]Itachi theory

Ok first off let me set some of you guy's straight. This thread is simply my opinion based on actual facts from the show. I am not saying that any of these things have or is going to happen. I am merely saying it is what I beleive will or has happen(ed). That does not mean you can't debate what I say, I'm just saying don't jump on back as if I'm trying to pass all this off as fact.
Now that we got that straight I can continue. I beleive that Itachi didn't slay the Uchiha clan. Itachi doesn't seem like a malicious type of person. If I remember correctly he had the opportunity to kill Kikashi, Kurenai, and Sasuke twice but passed up on all of it. Except when he ordered Kisame to kill Kikashi. This suggests that though he doesn't mind killing he doesn't take pleasure in it like Orochimaru does. Taking that into consideration I don't see him slaughtering his entire village just to test his "capacity." Another thing is, he seemed particularly upset when they blamed Shisui's murder on him. Itachi then promptly kicked their asses. Itachi doesn't have anything to fear or to gain from them, so why would he lie when he told them he didn't do it? Probably because he really didn't do it.
Here's what I think happened. Itachi is the strongest person in the Uchiha clan and perhaps the strongest person in the village, depending on the condition of the third hokage. So naturally Itachi doesn't have much to fear. But one day him and Shisui were met by the only man that's stronger than Itachi, the ak. leader. Ak. leader wants Itachi to join him in order to help him accomplish his goal of capturing the biju. Itachi refuses, and Ak. Leader warns Itachi that there will be a price to pay. The first thing is Shisui is murdered. When Itachi hears of this he automatically knows it was him. He runs off to face him and is defeated. Knowing what he must do he decides in order to not put his village in danger he acts suspiciously in order to put the blame on himself for Shishui's murder. He does this because the only one in the village strong enough to kill Shishui is him. If he told them the Ak. Leader did it then that would put them in danger. Ak. Leader decides that he cares too much about his clan and kills them all. Somehow Itachi was able to save Sasuke from this fate. He knew that he couldn't defeat the Ak. Leader so he decides to join him and perhaps gain his trust until he's strong enough to kill him. But Itachi also took into consideration the possibility that he won't be able to kill him. So he formed a plan involving Sasuke. He knew that Sasuke's strength was driven by his jealousy of Itachi. So he took the blame and added more fuel to the fire by torturing him with the MS, hoping that someday he'll surpass Itachi and avenge his clan.
Feel free to tell me what you think.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps

Last edited by cheese4u; 2006-09-09 at 19:06.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 18:54   Link #2
Yellow Flash
Banned

No one is going to read this huge chunk of text.

Put some paragraphs in there.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 19:06   Link #3
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
No one is going to read this huge chunk of text.

Put some paragraphs in there.

Oh I forgot you don't know how to read. I know you were just saying that to be a douchebag as usual. But you know what, I think I will go back and put more paragraphs in it, and maybe hooked on phonics so you can understand it.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-09-09, 19:06   Link #4
KanaKaishou

A) Paragraphs. Good. Use them.

B) Nice theory...but highly unlikely...but Kishi could pull **** like that out of his ass. I'm pretty sure Itachi is just "badass evil," not "tortured brother."
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 19:08   Link #5
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
A) Paragraphs. Good. Use them.

B) Nice theory...but highly unlikely...but Kishi could pull **** like that out of his ass. I'm pretty sure Itachi is just "badass evil," not "tortured brother."
Actually I did put paragraphs in them but for some reason it's not showing up on the screen.
Old 2006-09-09, 19:09   Link #6
.opi
whatever..

Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
thats a nice theory, but the only part i dont understand is why he wouldnt tell anyone that the akatsuki leader killed Shisui...........because by then we knew he was a competent ninja already, and i dont think he would just think "if i tell anyone he'll kill my friends so i just wont tell anyone"..........

but yea, truthfully i always thought there was more than meets the eye about itachi too...........maybe not a story this complex, but still i never thought it made sense that he would kill his whole clan but then later on u find out he only kills when he finds it necessary...........
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 19:48   Link #7
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Hmm nice theory. I was thinking about the same too, but not the part where's Itachi joins the Akatsuki just to kill the Leader it wouldnt make sense because the Leader would know already. But yah, Im probably sure he didnt kill the entire village.

Maybe yes =O but he have to explain more xD
Old 2006-09-09, 19:51   Link #8
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

someone in the Naruto topic uses facts? OMGWTF is it possible? God let me savor this day.

---the theory kinda sorta makes sense. But i doubt it over it being true.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 20:23   Link #9
minuteman

are you saying the leader of ak is from the leaf?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:11   Link #10
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It seems like you've thought this out well enough, but this theory doesn't completely explain all Itachi's actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u
So he formed a plan involving Sasuke. He knew that Sasuke's strength was driven by his jealousy of Itachi. So he took the blame and added more fuel to the fire by torturing him with the MS, hoping that someday he'll surpass Itachi and avenge his clan.
If he didn't murder Shisui, why would he tell Sasuke that the only way to gain MS is to kill his best friend?

Quote:
If I remember correctly he had the opportunity to kill Kikashi, Kurenai, and Sasuke twice but passed up on all of it. Except when he ordered Kisame to kill Kikashi. This suggests that though he doesn't mind killing he doesn't take pleasure in it like Orochimaru does.
Powerful villains are always passing up opportunities to kill good guys, that's basically a rule of shonen. Orochimaru has done it several times. Itachi did go out of his way to torture Kakashi and Sasuke with MS though, which in both cases was sadistic and unecessary. He was also about to allow Kisame to cripple Naruto before Jiraiya and Sasuke interrupted even though Naruto wasn't even resisting capture. There are different types of villains. Just because he doesn't laugh with delight every time he attacks someone doesn't mean he's not evil. I think the sheer brutality of his actions speak for themselves.

Quote:
Knowing what he must do he decides in order to not put his village in danger he acts suspiciously in order to put the blame on himself for Shishui's murder.
Earlier in the paragraph, you stated that Itachi's anger towards the three other Uchiha blaming him for Shisui's murder was grounds for his innocence. If Itachi wanted them to think he was guilty why would he get so upset?

Quote:
Somehow Itachi was able to save Sasuke from this fate.
If he knew the clan was about to be killed, why didn't he warn them? If he didn't know, how did he manage to save Sasuke?

Here's my take on Itachi's story.

Itachi always felt isolated because he was an Uchiha genius and everyone had such high expectations of him. This isolation eventually festered into a deep resentment against Konoha and the Uchiha clan in particular. He probably made contact with Akatsuki when he became an ANBU captain and found out about the organization during one of their missions. He viewed Akatsuki as a means of escape from Konoha and decided to join.
As an initation and test of his loyalty, the Akatsuki leader ordered Itachi to murder the entire Uchiha clan. Itachi agreed. However, his friend Shisui found out his intentions and confronted Itachi. Itachi was forced to fight him and most likely awakened his MS ability during the battle (thus leading him believe that one must murder their best friend to gain the ability).
Itachi carries out his orders to murder the Uchiha clan, thus permanently breaking his ties to Konoha even if one day he were to leave Akatsuki. However, having a twisted sense of honor, Itachi decides to leave the Uchiha clan one last chance to be avenged... his little brother Sasuke. He decides to strike while Sasuke is away, sparing him. He then abuses and mocks Sasuke to make sure he will have enough rage to reach his full potential.

I think that seems like a fitting story for Itachi. Tell me what you think.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:20   Link #11
minuteman

i like the whole met them on a mission thing you have going.
Old 2006-09-09, 21:20   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

The theory is good, and I have tough about some like that, but there is one big problem:

Sasuke.

Is How Itachi has handled how to get Sasuke strong thing, comom... telling him to Kill your best friend to gain power? Use Hate to get strong? this are the reason why I think Itachi is not really the saint he could be. So Yah I still think he did kill his clan and he did Kill his parents.

The reason why Sasuke has became evil is Itachi, so even if Itachi was doing all this cover up just to make Sasuke strong, I have to say it was the most stupid way to do it, and apart of this, is has backfire on Itachi.
Old 2006-09-09, 21:49   Link #13
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
well first of all itachi kiled his best friend .. that's for sure of he wouldn't get the marigan sharigan.
even though he kiled his friend he most likely killed him without knowing who he was and didn't know until after killing him ... didn't those guys from his clan made his friend spy on him !?

three ... i was wandering if no one though about how was his clan acting .. don't u think it was Suspicious the way the act ..
the want to get classified informations, the secret missions reports, the meeting on the night ... well i think his clan where planing on revolting on konoha ..

so he maybe killed them to cover that up.

the reason he kept saskua alive because he wanted someone to take revenge on him or killing him and the only one who can do that is one of his clan ... but no one strong enough to do that .. and so he though that his own bood shouldbe able to do it if he got enough hate and rage ... or even obtained the marigan sharigan.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:49   Link #14
minuteman

i dont think Sasuke is as big of a concern to him as w make it out to be maybe he just wanted to see him grow a little bit, we know he is not usally not that evil aka not killing kakashi.
Old 2006-09-09, 23:00   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

He was going to kill Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai. Not directly perhaps, but he ordered Kisame to do it. They were only saved because Gai intervened and said he had contacted ANBU
Old 2006-09-09, 23:22   Link #16
Liberta Modifica
Unknown Shinobi

Reason why Itachi killed the clan

-to test his capacity of how powerful he has become when he obtained the MS, heck he even showed Sasuke everyone being killed including their parents...and Shisui was infact killed by Itachi in order to obtain MS...

Reason why Itachi let Sasuke survive

-he himself said that Sasuke was his chosen one to take revenge on him....it wasn't because they were siblings or of the same blood...Itachi said that Sasuke was always trying to overcome all of what Itachi had done and that made Sasuke survive...think of it....if someone was trying to overcome you wouldn't he be better than you when the time comes?.....that's why Itachi chose Sasuke because of Sasuke's goals....

Why didn't Itachi and Kisame kill the four jounins(with gai's interverance)

-Kisame was about to attack Gai when he intervened, even when Gai had mentioned that he called the ANBU's....the reason why the two akatsuki member didn't kill them it was because of their mission....remember that Itachi said to Kisame that they didn't come to konoha for WAR...the came there for the kyuubi holder and that's Naruto....that's why no killing was intended....
Liberta Modifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 23:41   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberta Modifica
Reason why Itachi killed the clan

-to test his capacity of how powerful he has become when he obtained the MS, heck he even showed Sasuke everyone being killed including their parents...and Shisui was infact killed by Itachi in order to obtain MS...

That's the obvious reason, yeah. But dig a little deeper and that doesn't exactly make sense. You said he wanted to test how powerful he had become after gaining the MS correct? If his sole motive was to test his power, why did he target the entire Uchiha clan including non-combatants such as the children and the elderly (i.e. Sasuke's aunt and uncle). Also, there were several very powerful non-Uchiha ninja like Kakashi, Gai, the 3rd or ANBU squad members. If he just wanted strong opponents why not target them? That's why I believe there is more to the story than Itachi just randomly deciding to murder the Uchiha clan.

The rest of your points I basically agree with.
Old 2006-09-10, 02:22   Link #18
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Thats a nice theory, very clever.

But, I think it would ruin Itachi's whole mystique if he was really a nice guy and not an insanely powerful sociopath.

And if I were him, I would try to kill Orochimaru, for screwing over his MS Sasuke plans
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 04:43   Link #19
Kinder

Quote:
I beleive that Itachi didn't slay the Uchiha clan.
Actually we never seen itachi kill the uchihas... good point.

Quote:
Except when he ordered Kisame to kill Kikashi.
He never ordered kisame to KILL kakashi, but to take kakashi with them.

Quote:
Itachi refuses, and Ak. Leader warns Itachi that there will be a price to pay. The first thing is Shisui is murdered. When Itachi hears of this he automatically knows it was him. He runs off to face him and is defeated.
good point. I was wondering that it isn't needed to kill a friend to gain MS. Kakashi got it and i believe he didn't kill a single person for that. Perhaps remembering of Obito dying, the same way Itachi could remember of Shisui.

Quote:
He knew that Sasuke's strength was driven by his jealousy of Itachi. So he took the blame and added more fuel to the fire by torturing him with the MS, hoping that someday he'll surpass Itachi and avenge his clan.
yup, probalby
Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 06:13   Link #20
Snubben_Pierre

The theory was very good actually, and you wrote it very good.

For people who cant read it should go back to school or maybe study a harder english course, a text really doesnt need paragraphs everywhere to make it easier to read. And for those that will say something about paragraph's :P there are some certain rules for when you change paragraph, if you just change it whenever it feels good you can easily fail on the thing your writing. Atleast that's how my teacher bitches us. ^^,

Cheese4u, there is one flaw in your text and that is how did Itachi get his MS? If akatsuki leader killed shusui then how did Itachi get it? ;P Otherwise I must say its a lovely theory and would be cool if it was like that even though i doubt it very much.
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote