AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-05, 01:10   Link #5781
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

God, I love this fandom >:3
Thanks for the pics !
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 06:12   Link #5782
HuNGaricum

just finished

i'm just finished with reading zsbm 2 aaaaand
I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
thanks to you all! selily feisty hunter misterv(kudos:P)
*yaaay* and *crying* over? NO! short stories YES anime F*ING HOPE SO!

THUMBS UP FOR KITT-Al!!!
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 06:55   Link #5783
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
i'm just finished with reading zsbm 2 aaaaand
I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
thanks to you all! selily feisty hunter misterv(kudos:P)
*yaaay* and *crying* over? NO! short stories YES anime F*ING HOPE SO!

THUMBS UP FOR KITT-Al!!!
Oh no, the first FMP withdrawal symptoms are kicking in ! Quick, a Fumoffu intraveinous !

Teehee ;D
And yeah, the world needs more KITT-Al love. Really.
Old 2010-09-05, 10:15   Link #5784
AlaAlba

sigh.. > >
I need my doses of fmp, and a new one too. I cant wait for the after zsbm short stories (not that it will be out 100% either, ugh).
I dont like fanfic so no way I'd read those. maybe I should read zigma but it's just like rereading the novels, but with pics > >.
So in desperation I ve read that Cop Craft, hoping for some FMP similarities in it.
Spoiler:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 10:58   Link #5785
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn... I've finished the reading of ZSBM 2. Well, although it has a "nice" end, I really hoped for something more "dark" than that bright and cheerful final. But that was Gatoh's will, and I really understand why he wanted to give a happy end for the characters that have been his family through all those 12 years.
It reminded me of Mugen no Ryvius: great serie, with a awesome development and a "nice" end.
I enjoyed much more reading COMO and BOMF than the final book. Mainly because of the expectation created by the plot in the previous novels.
Well, FMP! is a incredible story with a great number of epic moments, a great plot development and a final that, although make justice to Sousuke's words and Gatoh's will, in my opinion was just "nice" and common ( in a novel where we grew used to great events that made the plot twist so many times, in unexpected ways).

That said, I would like to give kudos, in order of meeting in internet, for: protik09, Brandi, Shutazen, HunterSeeker and MisterV.
Also, I really hope that evebody keep coming to the forum. It was really nice meet you all XD
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:58   Link #5786
mikhail21

I just finished reading ZSBM 2 and kudos to the story XD. It was great actually though it was missing a bit of some details (like what happened to the relationship of Wraith and Lemon, Mao and Kurz, what happened to Sir Mallory), but I guess it's just common sense that we all know what happened to them (what bugged me is what Al did to escape the nuke when it hit Merida which I assumed that they may have "teleported" to a safe place).

I want to thank FeistyDreams,HunterSeker,shutazen, MisterV and all the other guys who did a great work on this XD.

I liked the part that Sousuke engaged Kaname into a kiss after they met up again even without thinking where they were (if it were turned into an anime, I'm sure this would have been a great scene).

The action was non-stop. I couldn't stop reading LOL. Putting some humor in the middle of the action was a good ice-breaker.

If I'm a critic, I'd say there were some flaws but if the readers loved and enjoyed it, I guess criticism doesn't matter ne?
mikhail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 13:24   Link #5787
Hobbit
. . .

Al used the Lambda Driver. That's why he asked Sousuke if he (Al) was a human or a machine. Being a human, he would be able to create the force field.
Old 2010-09-05, 14:57   Link #5788
mikhail21

Well, it's obvious Al used the Lambda Driver. What I meant was that they were found on the side of the beach right (When they were supposed to be found, oh, in the center of the island since it's inside the base that they were in when the nuke hit Merinda). Unless they were thrown off from the center then to the beach when the forcefield was activated.

And I love this work woot!

http://fmp.abstratica.org/images/man...-mag-vol5i.jpg

Too bad she died in the story. I really liked that character :sob:
mikhail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 15:52   Link #5789
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
*stares for 5 minutes* Wait... Did i just hear a cli "BOOOOOM!"
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
God, I love this fandom >:3
Thanks for the pics !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Oh no, the first FMP withdrawal symptoms are kicking in ! Quick, a Fumoffu intraveinous !

Teehee ;D
And yeah, the world needs more KITT-Al love. Really.
See below :P...

----------------------

Please see the following telecommunicated message from an unknown authoristed personel
of a unit-fraction code name : U7.

To all Full Metal Panic!? enthusiast. If you or someone you know is experiencing withdrawls, depression, anxiety or low-blood sugar hypertension in the result of the finale book. This message is for you.

The following steps are recommended.

Step 1.

If you are lost of breath, please call the local emergency department.

Step 2.

If you have survived the hypertension. Please give regards and enthusiastic appeal to the author Gatou Shoujo on his website. This is highly encourage however any threats, flames, or anti-appeal is discourage.

Step 3.

Thank your translators/scanlators in a timely manner. This will not only encourage more enthical fandom but will help hypertension blood levels. Note that any type of threats such as blackmailing, flames, harsh demands, hacking, begging more material, planting a hostage situation, or any terrorist behavior will be eliminated against your will. Make sure you do the right thing.

Step 4.

Fanarts, Fanfictions, and AMV (Anime music videos) are highly encourage and will not be violating any international regulations. This will not only express your emotions correctly, but in a safe manner. Flaming others for not doing the same with either a weapon or pyscological warfare is distasteful and discourage. Give credit where credit is due. And also discourage Amalgam followers or any GarounxSagara storylines. That is all.

Step 5.

Also see my latest armslave unit in action as it tests the grounds for not only warefare but also anti-gravity. Using only a Glock9 to bring down enemies in great accuracy from the sky.
(i still dont know why they didnt sell!?)

See the following videos.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cCDkjZT726c

http://www.youtube.com/v/PB_0p6DSbNo

http://www.youtube.com/v/hq4PvnO2GGU

Also, a secret mission of SRT Mithiril team vs. "Black Knights".

http://www.youtube.com/v/n7IXJeIvfrY

This team although their armslaves were small in design compared to our units, they were challenging.
However, they were not a problem. (Mondai Nai.)

Step 6.

Lastely, if any terrorist activities appear in your area, use a non-lethal items such as brassknuckles, semtex explosive material, MK-6---! *spot of blood shown here*

Please disregard Step 6. Violance is not the answer. Peaceful solutions are the best solutions.

Regards,

S. Sagara

End of transmission. This message shall now self destruct.

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-09-05 at 16:19.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 16:10   Link #5790
Hobbit
. . .

Sousuke said that the warhead was design so that even the foundantions of Merida would withstand the damage. Also:

"she saw that the island had become nothing more than a lump of halfmolten
rock. She saw a straight piece of coastline, probably the remains of the underground base."

And

"... they noticed what appeared to be a large pile of rubble, half-submerged in sea water. This were definitely
the ruins of the base itself - somewhere close to the drydock and corridor zero."

Probably all the island's structure was somewaht weakened by the complex build there; the nuke wiped out part of it. Well, at least it what I think
Old 2010-09-05, 18:50   Link #5791
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

You gotta wonder what the police will do once they find out Kaname came back after a year. I guess Mithril, or what's left of it, did some string pulling to stop the investigators from sniffing around. But there's no guarantee that someone won't do their own private investigation. It would be hilarious if this "someone" is the half-crazy female Traffic enforcer from fummofu!

Got plot for a side story? [y/n]
Old 2010-09-05, 19:30   Link #5792
FeistyDreams

Check out Shiki's blog for some more pictures. Tessa kissing the TDD, and Sousuke... Sousuke.... Oh god, I cried looking at that picture (yeah, okay, I'm a big baby, hush ToT)
Old 2010-09-06, 00:48   Link #5793
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
I wonder why didn't they include the drawings in the novel. Sousuke's cry is heart breaking.
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 01:20   Link #5794
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
So in desperation I ve read that Cop Craft, hoping for some FMP similarities in it.
Spoiler:
Yep, read it too... Well, I mean... leafed through it. I just could not get into it. I dunno why, it didn't work for me. Meh, too FMP contaminated ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
XD

See below :P...
----------------------
Please see the following telecommunicated message from an unknown authoristed personel
of a unit-fraction code name : U7.
(...)
End of transmission. This message shall now self destruct.
Ahahahah, cute! Thanks, SelilyChidori
I am ashamed to say I'm working on a crack fic, with "KITT!Al" in it... I'm thoroughly contaminated :C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Check out Shiki's blog for some more pictures. Tessa kissing the TDD, and Sousuke... Sousuke.... Oh god, I cried looking at that picture (yeah, okay, I'm a big baby, hush ToT)
Ogods... The "Kaeritai" one is heartwrenching :/
Old 2010-09-06, 01:54   Link #5795
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Sousuke D:

It was so sad that part of the novel - Sousuke is so alone in those moments, and the way Al just tells him he has 30 seconds left it's so awful... I really got choked up in those moments! I almost regret reading the spoilers now, because I imagine that must have been devastating reading without knowing things were going to work out in the end!

I finally got done reading part 2 last night, I can't thank MisterV enough for giving these translations not only so quickly but so well written too - they were a joy to read.

My only complaint is that the ending is a bit abrupt, although if they do make this an anime I can imagine some sort of montage to go with the credits of their life after the epilogue... perhaps have some shots of Lemon and Tessa visiting Tokyo and Mao beating on Kurz... *sigh*

If only... KyoAni have to do it... they have to, surely the guys there were pumped after reading the ending for themselves! I know I would be dying to do FMP after years of Haruhi! :P
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 03:09   Link #5796
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I salute MITHRIL for still standing up to Leonard and Kalinin. Too bad Mike Kleinhetz's gone. No one can match his voice.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:13   Link #5797
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I salute MITHRIL for still standing up to Leonard and Kalinin. Too bad Mike Kleinhetz's gone. No one can match his voice.
What do you mean his voice is gone!?!? He's dead?! SHIT! OMG...
Old 2010-09-06, 12:23   Link #5798
Frostbitten

He suffered a heart attack and died on July 11, 2008.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 20:55   Link #5799
angeluxlvl100

Waaa~
finally... i can't believe it...
i almost forgot to write in english due to the excitement.... (in fact i wrote 4 lines in spanish before i remembered that this should be in english...)...
i even registered here...so i could comment something...
i have read many comments...since page >100

first thanks HunterSeek really.... thank you....
Shutazen, Ravyn and Phoenix, Boku-tachi, MisterV.... i hope i'm not missing anyone that helped in the translation...
and there many people that help to keep the thread alive (not like someone here writting now x___x) and just want to say thanks to them too...
and sorry for just laughing when you wrote something like... there are a lot of views in the thread but no ones comments... xDuuu

I really want the anime to continue u___u
the ending seems fine... i really would say perfect once i have the book or a translation :P
but for now this is enough...

let's hope the best for fmp! and that it gets the anime so much deserves....
sorry for my bad english.... xDuu...
angeluxlvl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 01:32   Link #5800
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluxlvl100 View Post
Waaa~
finally... i can't believe it...
i almost forgot to write in english due to the excitement.... (in fact i wrote 4 lines in spanish before i remembered that this should be in english...)...
i even registered here...so i could comment something...
i have read many comments...since page >100

and there many people that help to keep the thread alive (not like someone here writting now x___x) and just want to say thanks to them too...
and sorry for just laughing when you wrote something like... there are a lot of views in the thread but no ones comments... xDuuu

let's hope the best for fmp! and that it gets the anime so much deserves....
sorry for my bad english.... xDuu...
Yeah, we're all pretty much giddy with this last novel
I de-lurked last month too, because I just couldn't handle it anymore, I... had... to... comment... urrhh ;D

And don't worry about your English ! It's perfectly fine ! A good portion of the ppl posting in this thread are not native English speakers (I ain't either, I must make native speakers cringe sometimes too ;D). That's the great thing about fandom, we come from all over the world. I know for a fact that there's quite a bitova FMP fandom in France, for example.

So really, don't fret it

Glad you joined ! The more, the merrier !

I've got a couple of questions for you all, I missed two bits of information and I don't know where to look for answers.

1/ What's the deal with Leonard (or should I say...Renaldo, urh uhr uhr. Ok, shutting my mouth :9 ) and what did Tessa say about their mother ? I'm kinda lost :v

2/ Is there a valid reason for Atsunobu to wear a white uniform ? Is it mentionned somewhere ?

thanks a bunch !

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-10 at 00:36. Reason: ETA questions :D

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen