AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-03, 22:48   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Death Note Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 10!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!
Old 2006-12-04, 20:46   Link #2
Ptolemi
Banned

Can we get the summary up here in a spoiler tag and screen shots if possible someone?
Old 2006-12-04, 22:15   Link #3
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
Can we get the summary up here in a spoiler tag and screen shots if possible someone?
It hasn't Aired yet. Wait.. around 13 hours and it will be on TV, and just a little bit after there be be screenshots about.

It gets shown on TV Wednesday 12:56AM (Japanese time)
Old 2006-12-05, 07:57   Link #4
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Ya, what the hell? Who already voted if it's not even out...

There is still another 3 hours people...
________
Kawasaki Klx250A

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:47.
Old 2006-12-05, 19:51   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They handled the Tennis game perfectly, it helped thanks to the animation being on top form. The dark side of the game which had Light & L thinking about the outcome was also nicely done - the music helps there.

Spoiler for Next episode:
Old 2006-12-06, 21:11   Link #6
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Great episode, Light will say my favorite quote in DN series

Spoiler for a quote from manga also in the anime:

this clearly shows how confident and god-like he is
Old 2006-12-07, 23:35   Link #7
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Wow, the anime really is progressing fast.

Last edited by Papaya; 2006-12-08 at 14:44.
Old 2006-12-08, 01:27   Link #8
myopius

guiltygearxt, that's indeed is an excellent excerpt you posted. On the subject of this episode,

What can I say? An amazing episode. My favorite that I've seen so far. This is the first time that I've bothered to vote in a poll on this series, since previously I had felt that my knowledge of the manga ruined my ability to jduge the series by itself, but I just gave this one a 10. Also, very impressive work on the part of Toriyama's World getting this out so early.

The tennis scene. Really perfect. Great animation, and I love how they slow-mo'ed on a black BG L & Light as they considered the detective aspects of the match. The voice acting was also very superb, the only point at which it seemed odd was when Light asked L if there was any way to allay his suspicions near the end there. Anyway, the subtle interplay as the two of them played these mind games was completely superb.

Anyway, this is the episode which, at least in my opinion, vanquishes the myth that the series goes downhill following Naomi's death. And of course the next episode, "Crash", looks really exciting, from the scene at the end to the brief scenes you can see during the preview.

I realize I'm not in a position of authority, but all the same, I'd like to advise people that if they want to comment on what's coming up the anime (which, by the way, technically counts as a manga spoiler, since that is the source of the information, and that information has not yet been confirmed in the anime), the "Spoilers & Speculation" topic is really good for that.
Old 2006-12-08, 03:29   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I just love this series. The slowmo in the tennis game was awesome. L also has one of my fav DN quotes in this epi

"If I sit any other way my reasoning ability drops by 40%" I love that line.

Series is moving right along, I was alittle disappointed that when L and Ligh both get the phone calls they didnt add them saying "kira" to it but oh well, Im picky

Great epi though.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-08, 09:02   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Wow, this episode was realy awsome. The tennis match was done perfectly (i would have never imagined L being that competent in sports ) and the talk in the cafe was good as well. I'll tell you one thing - i got shivers running down my spine after hearing that Light's father had a heart attack

First episode i rated with 10. Light is in a very interesting situation now... i can't wait to see how this plays out.
Old 2006-12-08, 13:34   Link #11
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Can't wait to see what's going to be on the tapes, but I'm sure it'll be worthwhile :>
Third 10
Old 2006-12-08, 13:51   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hohoho well isnt light getting pinned down by L
another exellent ep and the tension given off by both is astonishing ~ feeling the death vibes everywhere :3

the preview seems shocking...how light plans for L to kick the bucket but the problem would be getting his name ~ unless he cheats does the eyes deal

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-08, 13:55   Link #13
zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinanju View Post
Can't wait to see what's going to be on the tapes, but I'm sure it'll be worthwhile :>
Third 10
Haha same here. I was a bit surprised when the tapes came in.. Was it really light that sent those ? I have my doubts...
Old 2006-12-08, 17:14   Link #14
Kisuke06
I see...

Another amazing episode. As some already said, the tennis match was done perfectly, showing what L and Light were thinking at the moment. It was Light that made his father have a heart attack? I don't think he would go that far, but he already thinks of himself as god, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2006-12-08, 17:15   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
It was Light that made his father have a heart attack? I don't think he would go that far, but he already thinks of himself as god, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Yagami's heart attack has nothing to do with his son (Kira).
Old 2006-12-08, 17:16   Link #16
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Another amazing episode. As some already said, the tennis match was done perfectly, showing what L and Light were thinking at the moment. It was Light that made his father have a heart attack? I don't think he would go that far, but he already thinks of himself as god, so I wouldn't be surprised.
If Light gave his father a heart attack, then his father would be dead right now.
Old 2006-12-08, 17:38   Link #17
Kisuke06
I see...

^Oh, that's right. I forgot that the person dies with the Death Note, I was thinking that Light may have written something like "Have a heart attack but does not die", but now that I think about it, that couldn't happen.
Old 2006-12-08, 19:04   Link #18
Pakxenon
popcorn

I don't quite get what the first rule meant during halftime. Can someone explain that rule?

Otherwise, another exciting but not quite exciting episode. I'm more hyped up for the next episode.
Old 2006-12-08, 19:18   Link #19
defrule

It means that you don't actually need the book to kill someone. You can rip a page out of the book and put it in your science file and it still works if you write a name on it.
Old 2006-12-08, 19:24   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
It means that you don't actually need the book to kill someone. You can rip a page out of the book and put it in your science file and it still works if you write a name on it.
Thats the second, Pakxenon asked about the first.

And as for your question Pakxenon: It means that the Death Gods don't know the limit that what the physically possible deaths are, so you have to find out.