AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 34 37.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-29, 14:24   Link #21
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Wait, in the last scene, shouldn't the two shinigami recognize each other? Or that happens later?
Old 2006-12-29, 14:55   Link #22
Lumir

What a great episode! The plot is deepening even further. This model shure threw a twist into the story. And finding out about a death gods "weakness" is even more intresting. Cant wait for ep 13!
Old 2006-12-29, 15:02   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
I dunno, I mean L's reaction to the video about Shinigami, well it wasn't as good as i thought. too dramatized. I mean who reacts like that?
Hmm, it worked pretty well in the manga & alright for me this time. Still i agree it could have gone better, but it worked - right down to him falling down.
Old 2006-12-29, 15:25   Link #24
-EV-
NSX Commander

Send a message via MSN to -EV-
Wow, Misa is really dumb
Old 2006-12-29, 17:42   Link #25
Sinanju
Koroshiya

I voted for 5 at this episode as it was just.. below average :P Usually in the episodes there are a large number of things that I find interesting, however in this one I only thought 2 were. The way to kill a shinigami and the fact that misa-chans shinigami said ryuk tricked the god of shinigamis and that it was really hard to do so. Anyhow, I hope it'll come a really great episode soon ^^
Old 2006-12-29, 17:52   Link #26
Xamdou
<3 Code Geass ^-^

Perfect 10 because I finnaly get to hear Aya Hirano's voice (Haruhi Suzumiya ^-^)as Misa.
Old 2006-12-29, 18:55   Link #27
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Wait, in the last scene, shouldn't the two shinigami recognize each other? Or that happens later?
I think they added that scene in, I don't recall it in the manga.

Misa didn't see Kira. Light is in that spot in the back of the cafe. If you remember a few episodes back or whenever Light and L meet in the cafe, Light told L that particular seat was his favorite spot because it's away from the crowd and in the back where you can't overhear.

I suppose if Misa was sitting on the other side of the table she might of seen Light.. er, specifically what's above him..
Old 2006-12-29, 19:42   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
funny tho...shouldnt ryuk or rem have spotted each other in the cafe? i mean the are always floating besides their "owner" so its only natural that they would have scouted each other...i guess next ep is when they truly meet ~ and probably in that same cafe ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-29, 19:54   Link #29
ThoHell

HMm....pretty good episode. Interesting and twisting stuff. Can't wait to see how this gets resolved....

LOL, they had to make the last scene rather annoying! Being close to each other and not even noticing it, how typical!
Old 2006-12-29, 20:06   Link #30
Zalith
GrimmHime

>.> L's freaking out was a little unrealistic. I mean honestly, you'd think a detective like L who can keep his cool all the time would be able to remain stable. But then again, maybe he has some odd fear against shinigamis o.O Who knows .
Old 2006-12-29, 20:09   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I think they added that scene in, I don't recall it in the manga.
Its not in the manga - can't say i really like the scene. It completely changed the set mood of the episode into something you'd see in a TV drama.
Old 2006-12-29, 20:51   Link #32
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
I agree with what other members said, it doesn't fit such a cool, calm and collected char to freak out like that, surprised me, but it didn't bother me though. Raito's acting bothers me more, I thought he would be so proud to go against L himself, but seems I was wrong. It really annoys me that he hopes Misa is going to handle that matter, because it's cowardly and I didn't think so about him.
Old 2006-12-29, 22:39   Link #33
Jaruromania

If you fast foward the "fake Kira" voice in this episode (and the previous one), you get what sounds like Aya Hirano talking really fast, but when you fast forward the "real Kira" voice, you don't really get anything but someone talking really fast. I guess it's because L and co. aren't so stupid as to leave such an obvious clue!

Anyway, hearing Misa talk for more than 5 lines like she did last episode was awesome. In Rem's little story though, doesn't that girl in the flashback seem too old to be even Misa, let alone Misa when she was younger?

Oh, and I've been wondering, how can L still not figure out that Light is Kira? There's basically no one besides them who are super geniuses and can deduce things the way they do; no one is even close to their level of thinking and reasoning, and Light has pretty much already shown his full abilities to them. Shouldn't that give L enough evidence already, or does he think that there really are that many super geniuses in the world that can match up to his level?
Old 2006-12-29, 22:48   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
Oh, and I've been wondering, how can L still not figure out that Light is Kira?
There's no 'figuring it out' when it comes to L. He's just using this time to nail more of the matters that are happening, and bringing them back to Light. Also, he needs evidence before he can do anything.
Old 2006-12-29, 22:56   Link #35
Maxtro

Most of the episode was really good as usual. But as others mentioned the last seen in the restaurant was simply retarded. Unfortunately it just about ruined the whole episode for me.

What was the anime team thinking having Light and Misa in the same room?! The Deathgods should have noticed each other. I find it to be totally illogical that neither Ryuk or Rem were with their "masters" even though that is the only explanation as to why nothing happened in the restaurant. Stupid.
Old 2006-12-29, 23:45   Link #36
Karedis
Trophy Kill

Send a message via AIM to Karedis
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EV- View Post
Wow, Misa is really dumb
Haha... that was the first impression that I had about her after watching this episode as well. After seeing how she unknowingly rattled Raito's cage by making all of those references to Shinigamis and whatnot, I almost expected her to agree to meet Kira on public television! As an anime-only watcher, Misa seems like a very quirky character so far, and I'm not really liking her. Perhaps its because I see her as an extremely dismissive Haruhi-sama who therefore feels no sadness towards Jealous' sacrifice for her. The way that Misa went from "extremely contemplative about Jealous" to "let's go meet Kira mode!!" in about two seconds really irked me. This has been her first full episode appearance, so hopefully Misa starts to sound more like Misa and less like Haruhi to me.

On a side note, I loved the color imagery again this episode. Misa's red hat when she was about to be murdered matched Raito's blood stained hair when he was thinking about how to murder Naomi. It fits the red (evil) vs. blue (good) battle very well. The funny part is that it's almost like Misa's red hat was foreshadowing her becoming an owner of a Death Note. Almost.
Old 2006-12-30, 00:56   Link #37
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
Oh, and I've been wondering, how can L still not figure out that Light is Kira? There's basically no one besides them who are super geniuses and can deduce things the way they do; no one is even close to their level of thinking and reasoning, and Light has pretty much already shown his full abilities to them. Shouldn't that give L enough evidence already, or does he think that there really are that many super geniuses in the world that can match up to his level?
This a key difference between Light and L for several reasons.

L has so far always gone on evidence and never acted unless he was reasonably sure given his current information that the outcome would be beneficial. Light on the other hand has taken chances he didn't need to in order to get ahead (killing the fake L and the FBI agents) that put him at risk of being discovered. Also, the people Kira kills have sometimes not even been convicted of a crime, it is mentioned several times that he has killed people who have gotten off on "lack of evidence." What if those people really were innocent? But Light is not concerned with the side effects as long as the end he is aiming for is attainable, the perfect world free of crime.

Light's high deductive abilities do seem to L like a trait of Kira, but if someone like Light exists, someone else with similar mental abilities could exist elsewhere. There is also the fact that L is not Kira, he cannot simply write Light's name down in a book. He has to get evidence to prove Light is Kira and then convince a court of law or some other judicial power of his claims. In that situation, he has to prove 100% that Light is Kira, not go by speculation. This is one advantage Light has over L (as well as his death god and the fact that his method of killing is unknown.)
Old 2006-12-30, 01:36   Link #38
Zalith
GrimmHime

Yes, evidence is the key. Without solid evidence, L can't do anything to Light. Or if Light confesses that he's Kira from his own mouth and there's witnesses.

Like Arkwright said, the killing of the fake L and the FBI agents were rushed and unnecessary. Light should've considered the possibility of L using the fake L on TV to trick him into something. He also should've known that someone like L wouldn't show himself on TV just like that. I mean, it'd be like L asking for death. Meh.

Misa's annoying =\...
Old 2006-12-30, 08:28   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its like Mark Hamil, no matter how good he acted, people can only see him as Luke Skywalker and can't seem to go past that.

Aya-chan left too much of an impact, our impression of her as Haruhi-sama will forever be engraven in our minds.

But I agree that her voice makes Misa sounds as though she's on helium, but still I love the bubbly character she created.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-12-30, 09:24   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Aya-chan left too much of an impact, our impression of her as Haruhi-sama will forever be engraven in our minds.
Yet again i have to mention that Hirano Aya's role in Magical Pokan left more of an impact playing Pachira. Seriously, suits the role of Misa perfectly.