5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-23, 13:18   Link #161
ReddyRedWolf

Veda being on the moon... somebody liked the Bamboo Cutters story too much as a kid.

They being called Celestial Being makes sense since the people of the moon in Kaguya hime's story are called celestial beings.

GN particles = Kaguya (shining)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:27   Link #162
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Or he finds out that one their parents (or grandparents) are part of the original CB and he gets the 00.
Actually... Don`t you think that Ian Vasty looks somewhat similar to Saji?
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:27   Link #163
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Why do soma's version would always include that angle
Cuz its the best angle!

Anyways, I have to say I was excited to see Sergei finally own a Gundam. Been waiting for that since his bout w/ Setsuna. He and Soma and the other HRL troops were awesome. Graham too, sticking w/ the Flag and being completely GAR.

Like I said weeks ago, Thrown pilots=Fail!!!

Wang, who's side are you on?

What was with that strange face Tieria was making on the Plot ship? Oh wait, that was a smile?

I laughed at how Ali just started spilling everything to Kinue. His expression changes and her face were priceless.

Orange-kun got a date. Patrick FTW!

Oh noes. Setsuna pawn'd in preview?
Old 2008-02-23, 13:29   Link #164
Wesley84

The reason I want Kinue to be alive is, not because I like her, but because I want someone to finally pay for their mistakes. Even if it's only Ali. Someone has to suffer consenquences for something sometime.

The way he ran his mouth was just stupid. He outted himself and his prospective clinent to a reporter. Sure, he thought he killed her, but he did a sloppy job of it. She has to live, because giving Saji "character developement" simply isn't good enough at this point!

And hopefully it'll be just the start of karmaic feedback. Eventually everyone who has something coming to them will get what's coming to them. All the Meisters , everyone in Celestial Being will die, they'll get their badly wanted martyr deaths, their good-bye kisses, whatever else they want in their last storyboards.

We can pick up the pieces next season. For now, just so long as it ends, and we have a clean slate to start with. And no cliff hangers!
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:30   Link #165
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06294086 View Post
Let's see, the main characters in 1st, Z, CCA, F91, V have parents who are engineer and are involved somehow in gundam type MSes' development.

Those from other series are mostly came from military backgrounds (soldier, agent, etc)

Which means that military and engineering background are 2 main characters backgrounds.
Well, not always... There are others, like the junk collectors (Judau), the martial artists (Domon), and the vagrants (Garrod).

Quote:
It seems that even though Saji might be able to pilot an MS, I doubt that he can be as good as Graham or other aces in a short time
Even Gundam main characters can't do much on their first battle (maybe except for Oliver May--who's also an engineer), but if anime teaches you anything, its that sometimes talent defeats practice.
Old 2008-02-23, 13:32   Link #166
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
We can pick up the pieces next season. For now, just so long as it ends, and we have a clean slate to start with. And no cliff hangers!
I agree: Alì and Nena are on top of my "THEY MUST DIE" list because they're just plain evil and kill just for their personal amusement.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:46   Link #167
rpgman1

Oh my gosh, this episode is moving at such an incredible pace. I just knew that Kinue would end up hurt or possibly killed for snooping too deep about CB and it was Ali so no big surprise. Saji is really a traumatized person who had nothing but bad luck in the recent episodes. I don't know what else to say about or what is going to happen to him later in the future. I just knew that the three factions would work together in the end to stop and destroy CB. Patrick in love with Katie? He is sure the cocky, flirtatious romantic type. GN-X mobile suits pawned the Trinities. What is up with Wang Liu Mei dealing with the Trinity siblings? And of course, I knew that Ribbons was responsible for being involved with Veda somehow and with that evil purple Haro.

Does anyone know what episode will end the first season of Gundam 00 since the latest episodes are moving very fast to reach some sort of cliffhanger or conclusion pretty soon?

Last edited by rpgman1; 2008-02-23 at 13:47. Reason: Add more notes
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:47   Link #168
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris
I agree: Alì and Nena are on top of my "THEY MUST DIE" list because they're just plain evil and kill just for their personal amusement.
You agree? Do you know he means that he want all the Meisters and Celestial Being dead and maybe rename the next season The Adventure of Wesley or something?
Old 2008-02-23, 13:48   Link #169

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well, not always... There are others, like the junk collectors (Judau), the martial artists (Domon), and the vagrants (Garrod).

Even Gundam main characters can't do much on their first battle (maybe except for Oliver May--who's also an engineer), but if anime teaches you anything, its that sometimes talent defeats practice.
Yes, I'm aware of that too.

That's why I call it "main" character background. The word "main" here means "majority"

Sometimes talent DO defeats practice. But Saji's characters/mentality is the main reason why I said that I doubt he will be as good as Graham/other aces in A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.

Notice the phrase "A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME". Most of the time Louise is the one who pushes him forward. He might have the talent but remember that in figthing/war, morale/will is extremely important.

Saji doesn't seem to be in high morale or have lots of will, at least for now...

Ali is definitely evil, just notice how he looks after "finishing" Kinue. He seems to
like watching other people suffer..
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:49   Link #170
mougrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ali was a MUST DIE case from the beginning, but I did'nt expect Nena to be such a bitch... She is like a spoiled 5 y.o. clild with minigun

P.S. Shinn Asuka, Suzaku, Trinity... Did Sunrise bribed psychologist is their medical team for examining new pilots or what?
Old 2008-02-23, 13:50   Link #171
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
You agree? Do you know he means that he want all the Meisters and Celestial Being dead and maybe rename the next season The Adventure of Wesley or something?
I agreed on the part where he said that someone has start to pay... the first ones are Ali and Neena, the other two thrones and at the end the Meinsters too because they're no saint.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:57   Link #172

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I agreed on the part where he said that someone has start to pay... the first ones are Ali and Neena, the other two thrones and at the end the Meinsters too because they're no saint.
No characters is PURE WHITE in this show. All are between LIGHT GRAY to PITCH BLACK if you know what I mean....

One thing for sure : ALI = PITCH BLACK
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:57   Link #173
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Ali was a MUST DIE case from the beginning, but I did'nt expect Nena to be such a bitch... She is like a spoiled 5 y.o. clild with minigun

P.S. Shinn Asuka, Suzaku, Trinity... Did Sunrise bribed psychologist is their medical team for examining new pilots or what?
The Meisters are far more screwed up than any of those guys...so yes, it's probably a good bet they're looking at psychological disorders and tossing them in when designing characters.

Quote:
No one is WHITE in this show. All are between LIGHT GRAY to PITCH DARK if you know what I mean....

One thing for sure : ALI = PITCH DARK
True, no one is spotless, but at least some of them are minding their own buisiness and aren't looking for a fight or are out to ruin anyone's day. Basically everyone in the Factions is a normal person doing their socially acceptable and publically government sponsored jobs.
Old 2008-02-23, 13:58   Link #174
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Maybe Ali will have one very sad tragic past that will move us all?

...Just maybe
Old 2008-02-23, 14:07   Link #175
mougrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Maybe Ali will have one very sad tragic past that will move us all?

...Just maybe
Nein, he is bastard for no reason - almost as Gauron from FMP... I hope he is killed by Saji. He deserves such a miserable death.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:09   Link #176
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Sometimes talent DO defeats practice. But Saji's characters/mentality is the main reason why I said that I doubt he will be as good as Graham/other aces in A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.

Notice the phrase "A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME". Most of the time Louise is the one who pushes him forward. He might have the talent but remember that in figthing/war, morale/will is extremely important.

Saji doesn't seem to be in high morale or have lots of will, at least for now...
Saji has demonstrated that he's not the spineless type when it comes to serious matters (Ep 5 when he tries rescuing Louise from tumbling onto the atmosphere, or when he took charge leading the way to safety later on that ep, or in Ep 7 when he shielded Louise during the terrorist attack, or in Ep 18 when he ditch school to fly across the world to check up on his injured girlfriend). He's really only shown the wishy-washy personality through his interaction with girls, but that's not much different from the Super-Ace, Athrun Zala, or many other anime characters, for that matter.

So really, I think he's perfectly capable of becoming a good pilot if it comes to it. The question is whether the plot goes that way.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:12   Link #177
Wesley84

Quote:
Saji has demonstrated that he's not the spineless type when it comes to serious matters (Ep 5 when he tries rescuing Louise from tumbling onto the atmosphere, or when he took charge leading the way to safety later on that ep, or in Ep 7 when he shielded Louise during the terrorist attack, or in Ep 18 when he ditch school to fly across the world to check up on his injured girlfriend). He's really only shown the wishy-washy personality through his interaction with girls, but that's not much different from the Super-Ace, Athrun Zala, or many other anime characters, for that matter.

So really, I think he's perfectly capable of becoming a good pilot if it comes to it. The question is whether the plot goes that way.
Louise is his spine. She's out of the picture now, so he is therefore spineless.

If she recovers, walks up to him and says "Avenge Mama!" Gundam Meisters beware.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:16   Link #178
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Louise is his spine. She's out of the picture now, so he is therefore spineless.
Nonsense. Louise is practically the only person he interacted with the entire series, thats why.

His sister's death should be enough to push him to the dark side.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:25   Link #179
Wesley84

Quote:
Nonsense. Louise is practically the only person he interacted with the entire series, thats why.

His sister's death should be enough to push him to the dark side.
None of that really disqualifies my statement. He's taking the whole Louise thing really hard since she's no longer a source of strength or inspiration for him.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:32   Link #180
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Nein, he is bastard for no reason - almost as Gauron from FMP... I hope he is killed by Saji. He deserves such a miserable death.
I don't know, I find him slightly deeper than Gauron to be honest. He hasn't shown any of the super villain Imma kill my own subordinates type behaviour that FMP villains are famous for. And hopefully they don't keeping him back from the dead after he seemingly dies like Full Metal Panic and The Second Raid insisted on doing constantly. We'll have none of that Gonzo style FMP/Dragonaut/Last Exile stuff here please.

Odd that that Mime guy hasn't done his little routine yet
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote