Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
New record set...by one vote.
what record?
Old 2012-10-17, 14:08   Link #1602
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh thank you thank you thank you. Of all the characters remaining, Akarin had the greatest potential to crash the Saki party.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:16   Link #1603
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
New record set...by one vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what record?
Combined total votes for Akari and Toki were 1,000.
Previous record this year was Sanya, Hinagiku and Yachiyo in Group E round 1 with a combined total of 999 votes.

However Yu Matsumi, not Toki holds the individual record this year for total number of votes in a single match.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-10-17 at 14:28.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:56   Link #1604
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Congrats to Toki!

Saki domination continues!

At this point, it looks quite possible that Saki might even have a better showing in 2012 than what Madoka Magica had in 2011!
Old 2012-10-17, 15:10   Link #1605
ion475
にこにこにー

So, we have exactly 1000 votes for the Toki-Akarin matchup. At the end of the day, Akarin was not close to winning at all with the power of Toki...

For next round...Pick & Predicting a Yayoi win. I doubt this match would even break 500 total votes...
Old 2012-10-17, 15:27   Link #1606
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I doubt this match would even break 500 total votes...
According to the tracker, we have 157 votes tallied, so this would be a quiet day. It won't get real busy again until what could be Vanguard Showdown No. 1 between Kirame and Kuro.

Actually, according to my odds, this match is going to have a reasonable turnout due to the Saki ticket.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:34   Link #1607
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The Saki faction made this year's contest even more uninteresting
Old 2012-10-17, 16:55   Link #1608
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I disagree. They are making up for the 2009 tourny where they got robbed.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:02   Link #1609
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only if they don't get annihilated by the surviving non-Saki in the end like in 2009.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:17   Link #1610
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm..... maybe I shouldn't rule out the Kugimiya reps just yet even though less votes = better odds for Saki (so far).
2009 - 2 Saki reps, Taiga wins against Nodoka in the semis and wins AST
2010 - 2 Saki reps again, Nagi (with alittle extra help) wins against Koromo in the semis and reaches the finals

Let's see if Saki decides not to gamble and eliminate Louise and Shana before the top 8.

Looking at the stats though, Toki's main competition could come from within the remaining Saki reps.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:20   Link #1611
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 0-1 (0-2, 79-67)
Predictions: 0-1 (0-2, 105-41)

With Akarin's loss, it's pretty much a lock that a Saki char will come out on top. It's just a matter of who. And I sure hope that it isn't Saki or Nodoka.
I still like this tourney since most of the remaining Saki chars are high on my list. But not Saki. She has got to go.

Pick: Yayoi
Predictions: Hisa

I can't think of a good reason to not predict another Saki win.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:22   Link #1612
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
According to the tracker, we have 157 votes tallied, so this would be a quiet day. It won't get real busy again until what could be Vanguard Showdown No. 1 between Kirame and Kuro.

Actually, according to my odds, this match is going to have a reasonable turnout due to the Saki ticket.
The issue is there's a possible chance Hisa vs Yayoi is an another Shizuno vs Cthugha as in majority of Hisa's votes are fake I feel like Hisa's votes are rather high for a "quiet day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Indeed that's why I'm horrified that Saimoe 2013 might end up like this one where one faction just overkills.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-17 at 17:56.
Old 2012-10-17, 19:24   Link #1613
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for prevoo:

To me, Kirame got this far on two grounds: 1. her catchphrase, and 2. the fact that she is a Kuroko clone, point whippersnapper antics notwithstanding. The turnout here will be big, but not that big because according to my odds, under 600 votes will be cast, and Kuro will coast over the other Kuro-er, Kirame. Not handing Subara the keys to my Subaru this time. She got her test drive, and that's all she's going to get.
Old 2012-10-17, 21:00   Link #1614
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Hmmm..... maybe I shouldn't rule out the Kugimiya reps just yet even though less votes = better odds for Saki (so far).
As long as Kugyu tsundere doesn't run into Nodocchi, they have a chance.

Of course, if they do, they're screwed...(Okay, Taiga did beat Nodoka, but Nodoka defeated Shana, Louise, and Nagi before...)

Quote:
To me, Kirame got this far on two grounds: 1. her catchphrase, and 2. the fact that she is a Kuroko clone, point whippersnapper antics notwithstanding. The turnout here will be big, but not that big because according to my odds, under 600 votes will be cast, and Kuro will coast over the other Kuro-er, Kirame. Not handing Subara the keys to my Subaru this time. She got her test drive, and that's all she's going to get.
Arai Satomi makes a girl stand out every single time. I really doubt Subara will be half as popular if not for the power of Kuroko (At max she's probably Ryuuka level. If not, she'll be Funa-Q/Nijou Izumi/Cera level...)

I doubt it'll be huge turnout, though, since it's still Saki v. Saki and it doesn't really matter who win anyway in the big scheme of things (The Yakitori Dragon Lord is far more powerful anyway).
Old 2012-10-17, 22:20   Link #1615
seemmeriast

What if Saki gets 6 characters in Top 8, but still can't reach final?
Old 2012-10-17, 22:29   Link #1616
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
What if Saki gets 6 characters in Top 8, but still can't reach final?
I think they might either get severely weakened next year or overkills it again next year most likely the former since we don't know if we are gonna get a faction that's 5x stronger than Madoka faction and Saki faction combined.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:36   Link #1617
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-17, 23:34   Link #1618
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Oh, wow. It looks like I missed the most exciting parts recently. Can't be helped that I had to miss it, though.

Managed to avoid having to eat double cardboard with my last surviving favorite Sena's win over Mio, capping K-ON's tour for this year with a performance that was marginally better than last year's disastrous shutout. Unfortunately, Sena's next clash is against fellow resistance member and veteran Shana who can't afford to give up the dream in her final year.

It's a bit surprising that Koromo lost to Saki in Saimoe, but it is rather amusing that the result mirrors their encounter in the anime.

I see the leader of the resistance Akari fell in battle against her strongest rival Toki, the true leader of Team Saki. She fought hard and well, but in the end it simply wasn't enough to threaten the ace of the Saki faction. Would've rooted for Akarin, but I was too late to witness the most awaited match of the tournament - a match that, with exactly 1000 combined total votes, had more total legal votes than last year's Final Match.

No picks for today's relatively peaceful match (compared to what transpired the day before).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I just saw the two Madoka movies. They weren't much different from the TV series, but holy crap, that was quite an experience.
That's very good to know. Will be looking forward to the girls' return to Saimoe.
Old 2012-10-17, 23:43   Link #1619
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Will be looking forward to the girls' return to Saimoe.
Seeing Mrs. Coldlight getting another go at the show in an attempt to show the doubters and turn skeptics into believers, me gusta.

The Saki Nation (given that they get the job done by three Saturdays from now) and the Madoka Nation have nothing to lose next season, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
No picks for today's relatively peaceful match (compared to what transpired the day before).
Spoiler for oh?:
Old 2012-10-18, 02:13   Link #1620
RJ TAYLER

Sorry Vash but it looks, fakes permitting, that ''Love And Peace" is in a Hellish situation - I guess we will have to wait this one out to the bitter end.
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament