AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-08, 18:18   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yep, that one is instantly dropped. I'm not even talking the borderline insane opening that was just part of a story. This guy is deeply disturbed on a level that he should be on some kind of watch list. It is really no wonder his sister is pretty clearly crossdressing. Who knows what kind of insanity might be unleashed if he found that out.

At least the episode picked up as it went along and more characters got introduced. And yeah his problem seems like a pretty simplistic one. Not going to go out with the girl until he can create something better because her debut piece was so moving.

Clearly a long, long, long, road ahead for him on that front if that thing we saw in the first few minutes of the episode is his best effort.
Old 2017-10-08, 20:19   Link #22
Wandering Soul

The constant imouto stamps got pretty annoying. They really didn't need them to transition between scenes.

I can hardly blame Chihrio for cross dressing. I wouldn't feel comfortable around a sibling like that.

So far this looks like a better version of Ero manga sensei. That's not much of a accomplishment, but it looks like the characters here have a bit more depth to them.
Old 2017-10-09, 00:25   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 03:27   Link #24
rladls2121

I love the ending song.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 10:55   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I remembered I dropped the manga from just several pages... yes! due to that weird and unusual delusion toward imouto from the MC

I am glad that the first episode is extended to the point where the plot is getting interesting so I guess I'm on board for this anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 12:05   Link #26
rladls2121

Nayuta mentioned many times she has been saved by Itsuki.

But really, seeing her with Miyako like that, so much to say about the services of them both in the hotel.
This is just too much.

Too bad Itsuki is not interested in these two.

And people really do these things a hotel to get better concentrations?
For real?

Wow Itsuki, his deadline, it doesn't look fine.
Old 2017-10-15, 12:45   Link #27
AP24

It's still in the middle of LN Vol 1's story but some parts from Ep 2 occur later in the LN. The part where Chihiro is revealed as a girl happens at the end of LN Vol 1.

The service scene at the hotel is actually from Vol 2 and the anime cut out the more lewd parts that happen after Nayuta asks Miyako to fondle her butt. If the anime followed the order of the scenes exactly as in the LN, then the hotel service scene would have occured around Ep 5. Maybe they decided to split that scene by putting the early part in Ep 2 and then the rest will be in Ep 5.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 13:23   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm, it's still not entirely clear why Miyako and Itsuki are still friends, when they have such a bad first impression of each other. It was indeed shown later that Miyako envies that both Itsuki and Nayu have goals they are currently passionately working hard for, and THAT is probably why she was drawn to Itsuki in the first place seeing him work so intensely during lectures. Still, that part was shown near the end of the episode, while Miyako/Itsuki's first meeting was the first part of the episode, so they could have done that bit a lot better by adding a line or two before moving on to Miyako/Nayu's first meeting.

But apart from that? I LOVED it.

First things first, while they may have botched Miyako/Itsuki, the 'show, not tell' approach as to why Nayu and Miyako are close is exceptional. It was just a flashback of scenes with a matching accompaniment, so they didn't go into the details of Nayu/Miyako's conversation, but it conveyed how bad Nayu had it at school and that it affected Miyako pretty well. And of course how touched Nayu was at Miyako's crying for her.

As an aside, Nayu is not blind or dumb. She knows Miyako has feelings for Itsuki from the moment they met, but she was won over by Miyako's kindness. She's good friends with Miyako mostly because Miyako is in denial, but maybe partly as well knowing that if she (Nayu) can't get together with Itsuki, Miyako is a rather good choice due to her kind personality.

Then there's Haruto going out of his way to attract the yaoi fangirls, when the episode itself has a scene going out of its way to attract the yuri fanboys (and people still get butthurt by the word 'yuribait' ). Yeah, I can excuse the excessive fanservice this episode because it DOES drive the point rather well in regards to Haruto's character. XD

Which leads us to Haruto's role in this series. It seems compared to Nayu and Itsuki's prodigal writing abilities, Haruto is more the cold and calculated type who understands what the market wants and then caters to their taste. He represents the more business side of the industry, and would do anything and everything for more sales. And he's damn good at it, as evidenced to be the only character to actually have an anime series based on his books.

(As a side note: You know what Haruto reminds me of? The multitude of LN writers who made a harem battle action LN just to ride the hypewave of SAO IMO. I'm not saying all of them are like that, but I daresay quite a few did it to make a quick buck. But I digress...)

Of course, his complex seems to about being called a 'product'. He didn't win the award (Itsuki did and they debuted the same year), but it looks like he actually believed it. He may or may not have been writing for the market from the beginning, but he certainly did double down on being a 'product'. And going by him having an adaptation of his works, I bet he is making more money than Itsuki, and maybe even Nayu, but still even to this day he feels jealous.

Which I guess is the entire point of the episode; everyone wants what another one has, which to the other person, thinks nothing of it. Haruto wants to be called a talent and does his everything to succeed, but Nayu/Itsuki just gloss over how easy their writing ability got them to the top. Itsuki wants a real imouto, and Haruto does have the quintessential LN imouto but thinks she's annoying. Miyako envies Nayu's frankness with her feelings judging by the end of the episode, but Nayu envies the time Miyako spent with Itsuki at school, and neither thinks what they have is significant. The grass is really greener on the other side, I suppose.

As for Chihiro, this person looks to be disturbed upon hearing Itsuki knowing he has a sister. I can understand Haruto because he doesn't know the family well, but Chihiro of all people would know whether or not Itsuki has a sister. So probably Chihiro is the imouto of the show? Being voiced by Yukimura doesn't help things. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
But really, seeing her with Miyako like that, so much to say about the services of them both in the hotel.
This is just too much.

Too bad Itsuki is not interested in these two.
I dunno about Miyako, but Itsuki DEFINITELY has shown interest towards Nayu. It's just that he complicated it himself for the past two years, and here we are.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 13:39   Link #29
ValvraveTruth

^Yes Itsuki was actually interested in Nayuta. But he felt inferiority to Nayuta after reading her novel, so that love was closed off. Well I believe in the next episode, we will know more about those pieces.
Old 2017-10-15, 13:44   Link #30
AB079
Banned

While the episode was good I noticed the studio is moving some parts from other volumes and adding it mixed with volume 1, nothing too important but it gave me the feel that they're going to adapt at least 4 volumes in this season.

That being said, the first half of the episode was the usual comedy stuff you can expect from this series and thank god the imouto stamps are gone. The second half contained the "meat", with more of Nayu's past filled with despair and bad experiences, bullying and even more things that nobody deserves. Miyako is like the normal person that can connect with the weird ones for some strange reason, she's a really good person too and that was evident after the 2 flashbacks with Itsuki and Nayu's background, but I can't stop thinking that she loves Itsuki but up to this point is pretty obvious that Nayu is the winner and Miyako will stay in the friendzone.

Haruto on the other hand is the guy who has to deal with the bad side of Itsuki's work, being called just a "product" is some really harsh criticism to any author especially because when that statement is right, it means their work has no soul and only wants to be sold like fast food.

Anyways, this series is showing that is much better than EMS and that's a good.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 13:51   Link #31
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

itsuki is too awesome!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 13:53   Link #32
HandofFate

shame the mc is pretty garbage, credits to the studio though.
I feel the flashback style narrative is being nailed really well, and how its portraying how everyone is spending their time during the same time frame. Course its probably similar to that in the novel, gonna keep watching since I feel the way everything is being presented is smart.
Old 2017-10-15, 14:00   Link #33
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I feel the flashback style narrative is being nailed really well, and how its portraying how everyone is spending their time during the same time frame. Course its probably similar to that in the novel, gonna keep watching since I feel the way everything is being presented is smart.
Nope, the MC is one of the BEST I can get. His passion for imoutos RIVALs MINE.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 15:43   Link #34
rladls2121

To me, MC is the worst not because of his passion for "Imouto, but him calling Miyako a "bitch" back then when Miyako is confused about Itsuki's written books and calls it weird.
Itsuki might not have realized she really did not mean it in a bad way.

Still, it is still unclear why he is into "Imouto", again.
And more than that, how did he learn of the word "bitch" and thinks a female like Miyako as one?
Also having this other passion that he believes Miyako's kind of girls are bitches, I thought he is only into "Imouto"?
Old 2017-10-15, 15:57   Link #35
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wow lmao this makes Eromanga-sensei look classy. I mean I expected trashy stuff given who's doing it, but dang.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 16:47   Link #36
HandofFate

Quote:
To me, MC is the worst not because of his passion for "Imouto, but him calling Miyako a "bitch" back then when Miyako is confused about Itsuki's written books and calls it weird.

Still, it is still unclear why he is into "Imouto", again.
And more than that, how did he learn of the word "bitch" and thinks a female like Miyako as one?
Also having this other passion that he believes Miyako's kind of girls are bitches, I thought he is only into "Imouto"?
probably because Miyako looks a bit of a gal girl, thought its played more of a gag, don't really see how him and the other girl sees her as a promiscuous
Old 2017-10-15, 18:46   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Also, calling someone a “bitch” in anime isn’t perceived as the insult it is in other cultures. It’s not a compliment, sure, but you actually hear “bitch” in anime pretty often because it’s not as bad an insult as it is overseas.
In fact, in the Oreimo games Kuroneko actually described Kirino as a “bitch” to her sisters as a joke, and Kirino didn’t respond as harshly as one would in the US or some other places.
Old 2017-10-15, 19:19   Link #38
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

That bit at the end...does it mean the trap isn't actually a trap? Where the hell have I seen that befo...oh yeah, what the hell did I expect from the one who spews Haganai anyways.
Old 2017-10-15, 20:57   Link #39
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
That bit at the end...does it mean the trap isn't actually a trap? Where the hell have I seen that befo...oh yeah, what the hell did I expect from the one who spews Haganai anyways.
He's just taking the meme further
Draw a girl
Call it a boy
Say later that it's actually a girl.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 21:49   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Eh, I said it before, but I feel the MC is hiding behind his imouto fetish to turn down Nayu because he has 'issues'.

Quote:
Oh I get this one, but mainly because Oregairu has already painted a picture of an otaku/loner wanting for all riajuus to die. And how do they recognize Riajuus? Lots of friends, fashionable clothes, and dyed hair; pretty much the same reason why Hachiman called Yui a bitch as well. Which is PRETTY ironic because otaku doesn't want to be judged based on their hobbies, but they pass judgement on others because of their looks.

That's why you have the MC calling Myaa-san a 'slut', and with Nayu following suit calling the ikemen Haruto a 'manwhore'. Hell, even now Nayu has the impression that college girls are cocksuckers, so they have these stereotypes in their heads that are obviously wrong. MC has already acknowledged he was wrong, though Nayu needs to literally get out more. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem