AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 00:35   Link #1921
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Then is Melqart dead ?
No, unless another campione killed him.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:37   Link #1922
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

ohh, then there still a chance from a proper rematch against Melqart.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:43   Link #1923
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
ohh, then there still a chance from a proper rematch against Melqart.
Godou did fight Melqart twice.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:51   Link #1924
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Godou did fight Melqart twice.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Did he fight him twice in the same vol??
Old 2012-07-22, 01:02   Link #1925
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

ohhh, Thank whsie for the info, some time i wish Godou would kill the god instead of letting them go.

after watching eps 3, yup NL is way better..

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 01:43   Link #1926
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Did he fight him twice in the same vol??
Yes he did.But the truth about Melqart is that after Godou 'defeated' him, Godou relaxed his guard, which allowed Melqart to unleash a powerful attack on Godou--leaving the bloke unable to continue the fight either--thus drawing the match.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:02   Link #1927
whx_epic

I think it is mentioned somewhere that witch is able to live a very long life. So, it is possible for Godou's harem to accompany him for quite some time (except maybe Yuri Mariya), or he can use the power of Youth to artificially lengthen the life of his harem ^^.
There is also another possibility that Godou will lose his Campione power at the end of the series and become normal high school boy who lives with his harem. It is not unheard of to have the protagonist lose his power at the end of stories, and if pulled well, will give the ending more depth.
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:08   Link #1928
Kadi
知識の探求者

Technically, Erica and Ena shouldn't be witches, so I don't know if Lucretia's method of perpetual youth works for them... and I also don't know if that method actually extends her life or if it only keeps up appearances.

Among all the endings I've thought of, the "Godou breaks the god/campione-system and becomes a normal human again, living one lifetime with Erica/his harem" seems the most likely to me. Suddenly discovering the Youth incarnation has a lasting side-effect of immortality would be sooo lame. Unless it's through sleeping with them, that is. "As long as your seed is in the girl, she won't age". ....duhhh.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:45   Link #1929
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Technically, Erica and Ena shouldn't be witches, so I don't know if Lucretia's method of perpetual youth works for them... and I also don't know if that method actually extends her life or if it only keeps up appearances.

Among all the endings I've thought of, the "Godou breaks the god/campione-system and becomes a normal human again, living one lifetime with Erica/his harem" seems the most likely to me. Suddenly discovering the Youth incarnation has a lasting side-effect of immortality would be sooo lame. Unless it's through sleeping with them, that is. "As long as your seed is in the girl, she won't age". ....duhhh.
The ending I've thought of was that after killing/defeating the last King, Godou founds himself face to face with Verethragna once again, but this time with his entire harem, with the light novel concluding as a Bolivian Army ending--thus leaving who won to your imaginations. Verethragna no longer fits in with the plot, meaning that the only place he should be at would be the end. Moreover, no one is more challenging than someone with powers identical to your own.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:45   Link #1930
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whx_epic View Post
Spoiler for The Last King:
Spoiler for LAst king:
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:21   Link #1931
Spica

I agree with kadi's ending but how would he end it since its a curse by killing or satisfying the creator of the curse?

In Volume 1
Spoiler for Lines:

Didn't these line indicated magician age very slowly? Does that only applied to true witches or the elders there?
Sigh..loves between mortals and immortals are sweet but could hurt.
Oh..if Godou don't age and the girls age....shit that not good to think about.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:22   Link #1932
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The ending I've thought of was that after killing/defeating the last King, Godou founds himself face to face with Verethragna once again, but this time with his entire harem, with the light novel concluding as a Bolivian Army ending--thus leaving who won to your imaginations. Verethragna no longer fits in with the plot, meaning that the only place he should be at would be the end. Moreover, no one is more challenging than someone with powers identical to your own.
This is more likely, that kind of situation was hinted various times in the novels.

Also, I disagree with those who says Godou lose his powers and lives a somewhat normal life.

I find that lame, to not say cliche there are a lot of series when the main characters loses his powers after the great fight. I think is better to leave him with his powers, afterall its not like heretic gods will stop appearing because of that. Time is something trivial for them.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:32   Link #1933
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This is more likely, that kind of situation was hinted various times in the novels.

Also, I disagree with those who says Godou lose his powers and lives a somewhat normal life.

I find that lame, to not say cliche there are a lot of series when the main characters loses his powers after the great fight. I think is better to leave him with his powers, afterall its not like heretic gods will stop appearing because of that. Time is something trivial for them.
I think it was never mentioned that a Campione can die of old age. Considering Campiones have high vitality recovery to begin with, it is not surprising they won't die of old age. I really prefer Godou to stay as a Campione as an ending, maybe coming into terms of what he is. Though he will try to keep his normal life when he was human, he will also know when it is time to take responsibility for becoming a Campione. I rather think it is about time he gain new powers, we already know all his 10 forms I believe. I don't think he Last King will be coming anytime soon, maybe 3 volumes more than maybe we will see the end. Still there is one thing that bugs me, does Godou's father and mother know that their son has 4 girlfriends or wives (might as well, they been acting like it)?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:30   Link #1934
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
does Godou's father and mother know that their son has 4 girlfriends or wives (might as well, they been acting like it)?
If they do find out all that needs to be done is a little hypnotizing.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:35   Link #1935
Kadi
知識の探求者

No, they don't know. They're never home after all. Not even for Christmas, or birthdays, or... they just aren't home. And if they knew... I don't think they'd mind.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:57   Link #1936
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
No, they don't know. They're never home after all. Not even for Christmas, or birthdays, or... they just aren't home. And if they knew... I don't think they'd mind.
They're almost like the Yuuki(TLR) parents
Old 2012-07-22, 12:13   Link #1937
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

Spoiler for lastking riddle guess:
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:32   Link #1938
Miraluka
Banned

There sre various things out there that haven't been touched yet, some of them are:
-The oldest campione.
- Match against Melqart.
- Rematch against Verethragna.
- Rematch against Vobban.

And they aren't even half of the list. If the author wanted to finish the series just like that the fans will be deep disappointed and wouldn't any different from the average Japanese novel writer that pretty much suck with their endings.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:53   Link #1939
Richocet
Lover of Purity

To name a few more
1. a proper fight with Salvatore that has a more meaningful conclusion than wht we hv rite now which is the "wonderful night" they had
2. Athena's return, though I wonder how that will pan out
3. The girls' meeting with the in-laws

I believe there is still plenty more to come and hopefully he can cross 18-20 novels
Old 2012-07-22, 13:58   Link #1940
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
To name a few more
1. a proper fight with Salvatore that has a more meaningful conclusion than wht we hv rite now which is the "wonderful night" they had
2. Athena's return, though I wonder how that will pan out
3. The girls' meeting with the in-laws

I believe there is still plenty more to come and hopefully he can cross 18-20 novels
Just wondering if Athena can be part of the harem when she comes back, although that will make the harem too powerful. I think there will be a short story in the future when the harem meets Godou's parents.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem