AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 14:55   Link #1
superslinger2007

K-ON!! (season 2) Licensed by Sentai Filmworks

This just in: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...anime-season-2

Someone may want to build a separate thread or something.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:51   Link #2
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslinger2007 View Post

Sentai, please correct the big mistake Bandai made and include the Ura-On! shorts with the release of season 2.
Old 2012-02-20, 17:43   Link #3
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Sentai, please correct the big mistake Bandai made and include the Ura-On! shorts with the release of season 2.
Bandai wasn't allowed to release the textless opening and endings. It would be logical that TBS wouldn't provide them the masters for those either. That's a licensing issue, not a release issue.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-02-20, 21:04   Link #4
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslinger2007 View Post

Now that's just fantastic! Totally made my day to see this. Now the wait begins until we see how they handle dubbing things like the class play, and the tearjerker that is the end of episode 20.
Old 2012-02-20, 21:39   Link #5
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

This is Season 2 were talking about! This better be good! I have high expectations when it comes to Dubbing of K-ON!! I also hope licensing wont be lame, and really hope they actually put extra things inside the Blu-ray cases unlike the empty Bandai versions. btw is Sentai good at dubbing? What are some good and bad example of there dubbing work?
Old 2012-02-20, 22:15   Link #6
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
This is Season 2 were talking about! This better be good! I have high expectations when it comes to Dubbing of K-ON!! I also hope licensing wont be lame, and really hope they actually put extra things inside the Blu-ray cases unlike the empty Bandai versions. btw is Sentai good at dubbing? What are some good and bad example of there dubbing work?
Sentai is using Bang Zoom Entertainment to do the Season Two dub . . . so if you liked the Season One dub, you'll like the Season Two dub too.

Also, Sentai seems to have a reputation for somewhat spartan releases, although Sentai has been good about releasing Blu-Rays with lossless audio, so we could be really hopeful that dubbed Season Two will get good audio, especially since Sentai supposedly has a really good working relationship with TBS, being the successor company to ADV and Geneon and all.
Old 2012-02-20, 23:16   Link #7
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hazaa finely some one picked this up just to bad it wasnt Bandai
Old 2012-03-14, 15:50   Link #8
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

A quick update: the first half of K-On!! is slated for a June 19th release date, with it up for pre-order at RightStuf.

DVD
Blu-Ray
Old 2012-06-05, 06:59   Link #9
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Don't know about you guys, but my pre-order shipped yesterday from RightStuf. The Postal Service alleges that it'll show up tomorrow. Reviews will be forthcoming.
Old 2012-06-06, 20:11   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ARgh!!!! Off to the Order Cave, Robin!!!

edit: ordered....
Old 2012-06-16, 18:44   Link #11
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Does anyone have a list of the voice acting cast of the english dub? I know its the same form Bandai, but I just want to make sure Nodaka is Laura Bailey, she rocks! The character I always use in Soul Calibur V Pyrrha, sounded very familiar..
Old 2012-06-16, 20:07   Link #12
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Does anyone have a list of the voice acting cast of the english dub? I know its the same form Bandai, but I just want to make sure Nodaka is Laura Bailey, she rocks! The character I always use in Soul Calibur V Pyrrha, sounded very familiar..
Yes. Sentai Filmworks used Bang Zoom Entertainment to dub the second season of K-ON!! BZE used the same exact same cast as they did last time around . . . so Laura Bailey is still Offdensen Nodoka, and hers is still one of the strongest performances of the whole dub. Although I will say that the overall quality of the dub seems improved this time around, since there's none of the character-finding/settling in to the role that seemed to be going on for the first few episodes of the first season. I had a far, far, easier time accepting the dub cast as the English voices of the characters. Well, except for Karen Straussman's Sawako, which is the weak spot on an otherwise solid dub.
Old 2012-06-23, 10:25   Link #13
Goggen

My review of the Blu-Ray release. I've also compared it to the Japanese BDs.
Old 2012-06-23, 10:49   Link #14
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
My review of the Blu-Ray release. I've also compared it to the Japanese BDs.
good review, you know if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-06-25 at 10:15.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:29   Link #15
Goggen

Quote:
good review, you if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.
Well I'm European so I don't have immediate access to those stores, but when I went to California back in November, every BestBuy I went to had the season 1 DVD volumes but none of the Blu-Rays. Don't know if I was just unlucky or what.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:35   Link #16
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well I'm European so I don't have immediate access to those stores, but when I went to California back in November, every BestBuy I went to had the season 1 DVD volumes but none of the Blu-Rays. Don't know if I was just unlucky or what.
At least they had the DVDs; in Canadian Futureshop and BestBuy, they don't even have the season 1 DVDs.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:58   Link #17
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
At least they had the DVDs; in Canadian Futureshop and BestBuy, they don't even have the season 1 DVDs.
I'm not surprised... Guess online stores really are the best option for anime.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:01   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
good review, you if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.
Seriously, I don't depend on *any* United States brick'n'mortar store to carry anything but the "top 10 best sellers we've already decided what they are" in video or audio any more. They pretty much are committing suicide in that regard because I've stopped even bothering to look before heading to -

rightstuf.com, amazon.com, ...
Old 2012-06-25, 10:16   Link #19
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

oh gosh darn it! Well thank you for the advice
Old 2012-06-26, 05:15   Link #20
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Yup, don't expect Best Buy retail stores to carry any new recent anime shows, especially on blu-ray anymore. Well, with the exception of some stores that still carry updated anime releases on their shelves. There is one Best Buy store, out of the two thats located here, that still updates their anime library. I was surprised to even see that they had the recent Blu-ray releases as well. But your best bet would be amazon. I started to buy from amazon almost a year ago after places like Sam Goody and Borders were closing down. I like their prices for their animes, especially for the blu-rays. Plus free shipping with purchases of $25 and up! hahaha steals!
Closed Thread