Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 15:29   Link #141
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Yeah, I don't understand what people are complaining about either... Take that genius kid, for instance. The main reason he is so strong is because of good genes, he was born inherently stronger than most martial artists could ever hope to be no matter how hard they train. So what if Shion took a pill? He still has to practice to learn stuff, and his learning speed is entirely his own talent. Plus he gets pwned like 99% of the time too.
I find it a bit funny when I see a lot of readers for this kind of manga say that when a character consistently keeps winning, they want to see him lose, and when they see a character who has a track record for losing, they wouldn't find it logical to see him win a fight.

Tbh, I think a lot of people are overrating the effects of the pill. It did give him an extremely large amount of chi when he took it, but it was initially too much for him to take all at once and it almost killed him at first. He had to train in order to master the flow of chi, much like any other martial artist would've done. The only difference is that Shioon risked his life in the process while the others didn't. I think that itself makes Shioon's talent more valuable than the pill itself. Not everything he's gained to this point is because of the pill. After all, he learned some techniques he was taught much faster than expected, especially compared to other fighters. Also, this will also be the first time he will ever fight someone with the lightning step. That being said, I think his chances of winning are actually much higher than they were if he didn't know that technique. It's too early to say exactly how much bigger that chance is right now as we've never actually seen it used against a strong opponent, if at all.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 16:02   Link #142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
The thing is, I'm thinking even though the doorman is quite good... there HAS to be some guys in the crowd who can at least show more of a challenge than the one who got sent flying. So maybe he won't be fighting alone.
Doesn't look like it. I don't think he was bluffing when he said he could take on all the other guys single handedly. At best, they'll take care of the doorman's subordinates. And possibly serve as distractions and/or meat shields at some critical moment, but I'm not too hopeful for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I find it a bit funny when I see a lot of readers for this kind of manga say that when a character consistently keeps winning, they want to see him lose, and when they see a character who has a track record for losing, they wouldn't find it logical to see him win a fight.

Tbh, I think a lot of people are overrating the effects of the pill. It did give him an extremely large amount of chi when he took it, but it was initially too much for him to take all at once and it almost killed him at first. He had to train in order to master the flow of chi, much like any other martial artist would've done.
Not really. All the others would have developed their mastery in pace with their growing chi. Shioon got the chi first, then had to play catch up on its manipulation so it wouldn't kill him.

Also, that chi growth would have followed their physical development, not the other way around. Face it, Shioon's path was completely messed up. Or at least, unconventional.
Quote:
The only difference is that Shioon risked his life in the process while the others didn't.
The difference is that they got it through years of effort. Shioon won a lottery. Which isn't actually uncommon for comic book heroes, for what it's worth.

Quote:
I think that itself makes Shioon's talent more valuable than the pill itself.
We've all seen how good of a fighter he was without it. Saehae could have taken him to the cleaners. The only one weaker than him would be Sosul.

Quote:
Not everything he's gained to this point is because of the pill. After all, he learned some techniques he was taught much faster than expected, especially compared to other fighters.
That, at least, is true. But while he's got an undeniable gift, I've already said that the pill could be partly responsible for his learning speed. Most other martial artists would need to spend time on physical conditioning and chi accumulation. He never had to bother with that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:49   Link #143
Xion Valkyrie

Well, if there wasn't some plot h4x to make him super, it'd take him like 20 story years to get to where he is now, think of how boring that'd be.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 01:03   Link #144
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The difference is that they got it through years of effort. Shioon won a lottery. Which isn't actually uncommon for comic book heroes, for what it's worth.
I guess it's like in the Discworld: when something has a one-in-a-million chance of succeeding, it happens

Chapter 55 appears to be out, as it is, Yet another who is sorta baffled by Shioon's tendency to fight even when it may be wiser to admit defeat and stay down...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 09:11   Link #145
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Actually, if Goomoonryong didn't come, Shioon would've died. He was there to neutralize his ki before Shioon's insides were going to explode and it took too much ki for him to settle down the dan's effects; and that makes it interesting because the author placed something up right after that incident.
Spoiler for 55:
Old 2010-02-01, 13:53   Link #146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not that surprising. Shioon pleaded for his life after he tried to kill him. Of course he was going to save him at some point. (I thought the guys who saved Simon from pursuit were his guys, in fact. Now, I'm not so sure.)
Old 2010-02-01, 17:54   Link #147
Xacual

I still think they were part of his gang. Obviously they knew that Shioon was going to head to the tower after his master so he decided to head out as well.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 19:56   Link #148
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Im surprised that the soul crushing strike didn't shatter that guys spine... seriously.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 15:33   Link #149
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Not that surprising. Shioon pleaded for his life after he tried to kill him. Of course he was going to save him at some point.
Yeah, he seems to be the kind of guy who repays his debts, no matter what.

Quote:
(I thought the guys who saved Simon from pursuit were his guys, in fact. Now, I'm not so sure.)
Hmm. Well, there's no confirmation yet, but there are several possibilites as to who those guys serve. After all, since he's Goomoonryong's disciple, there are quite a few people who'd be interested in helping him - or try to secure him for their own purposes/gains. The lesser ranks in the murim, Mamungi... Hyuk So Chun and the alliance boss... Heck, even the Black Defense Group and the government might have an interest in obtaining Shioon, or at least keeping him out of the alliance's claws...
Old 2010-02-11, 22:40   Link #150
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I expect Lightning Tiger to die soon ... I also hope that Shioon gets his rematch against Earth Beast =d^

Now I marathoned all the chapters today since i was bed-ridden , and I have to say it's pretty good as people have said.The first couple of chaps kinda grated on my nerves(kinda reminded me of why i didn't like Holyland), but things started to be good once he got his courage. I particularly loved the way he handled Changho and escaped those Muarim guys for that long period of time. Also, from a romantic perspective, I loved how he handled Souhn?(the loli) and Saehee. It was entertaining ever since, I couldn't even put it down. I actually like Shioon better than Veritas' Gang, but that might just be cause he's more likable. I'm just glad he isn't like Kenichi personality-wise, i just really hated that guy.

And if someone could post a list of the names of some of the primary chars(or a link thereof) and actual spelling of names, I'd appreciate it. Too much use of 'master' and whatnot make it difficult to remember names =d\

Last edited by frubam; 2010-02-11 at 23:25.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 08:20   Link #151
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I expect Lightning Tiger to die soon ...
Let's hope not .

Quote:
I also hope that Shioon gets his rematch against Earth Beast =d^
Who? I'd presume that you're talking about Gangsung though...?

Quote:
Now I marathoned all the chapters today since i was bed-ridden , and I have to say it's pretty good as people have said.The first couple of chaps kinda grated on my nerves(kinda reminded me of why i didn't like Holyland), but things started to be good once he got his courage.
Mm-hmm. Though I'd sday that I sorta miss the humour of the earlier chapters. Can't really see some of it coming back - or can you relly see Shioon starting to chase after girls the way his master does/did? . On the plus side, the further into the story one gets, the less pathetic Shioon becomes, so there's a plus and minus to everything, I guess

Quote:
I particularly loved the way he handled Changho and escaped those Muarim guys for that long period of time.
Heh, well, it's a feat. Though as far as the later goes he mostly owes it to the fact that up to a point, people underestimated him (which, as the newest chapter shows, is still somewhat true), but he was able to catch them off-guard. Might've gone differently had they known more of Shioon's true skill.

Quote:
Also, from a romantic perspective, I loved how he handled Souhn?(the loli) and Saehee.
Sosul, I think. And yeah, it's amusign to see hoe Shioon is unintentioonally becoming a bit of a ladie's man . Let Sosul become a bit more grown-up, Sahee to become aware of the Murim world and the, perhaps one more girl or so enterting the fray and we have an interesting situation . As far as Sahee goes, though, I wonder what'll happen to their relationship after the current events...?

Quote:
I actually like Shioon better than Veritas' Gang, but that might just be cause he's more likable. I'm just glad he isn't like Kenichi personality-wise, i just really hated that guy.
Don't know about Kenichi (haven't read that one), but as far as Gangryong goes, well... Gangryong's appeal is that compared to the other guys around him, he's like a straight honest nail surronded by screws. Still has quite a shitty attitude at times though (not to mention zero interest in girls, it would seem ), whereas Shioon's more polite without being seen as weak for it (and apparently beign interested in girls as well. Worth to point out that Gang was rather strong from the start as well, whereas Shioon starts out as a weakling. Not such which appeals more to people though

Quote:
And if someone could post a list of the names of some of the primary chars(or a link thereof) and actual spelling of names, I'd appreciate it. Too much use of 'master' and whatnot make it difficult to remember names =d\
Uh, that'll be hard to do. There is no Wikipedia page for the series yet, not even in Korean, it would appear (maybe they feel tat there's too much of a lack of info at the time), so...
Old 2010-02-12, 16:51   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Let's hope not .

Who? I'd presume that you're talking about Gangsung though...?

Mm-hmm. Though I'd sday that I sorta miss the humour of the earlier chapters. Can't really see some of it coming back - or can you relly see Shioon starting to chase after girls the way his master does/did? .
No, the girls will chase him. (And for this, I count Genius Kid as a girl...)
Quote:
Don't know about Kenichi (haven't read that one), but as far as Gangryong goes, well... Gangryong's appeal is that compared to the other guys around him, he's like a straight honest nail surronded by screws. Still has quite a shitty attitude at times though (not to mention zero interest in girls, it would seem ), whereas Shioon's more polite without being seen as weak for it (and apparently beign interested in girls as well. Worth to point out that Gang was rather strong from the start as well, whereas Shioon starts out as a weakling. Not such which appeals more to people though
Personally, I don't see the appeal of rude, violent delinquents.
Old 2010-02-13, 06:13   Link #153
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
No, the girls will chase him. (And for this, I count Genius Kid as a girl...)

Well, you're probably right about him being the chased one. So far he appears to be tha tkind of main character indeed.

Quote:
Personally, I don't see the appeal of rude, violent delinquents.
I guess I can only see aobut half of it, myself. However, toe ach of their own

By the way, have people here checked this out?:
http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do

This appears to be the author or artist's own blog - it would seem that he posts the chapter front covers and such here...
Old 2010-02-13, 11:41   Link #154
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I have to say I like Gan better than Shioon, sure enough Shioon has more likable traits but I thnk thats the actual appeal of Gan.
While in RL there are certain traits you just can't like no matter what doesn't always apply to anime.
For instance Ami-chan from Toradora screams bitch when she first appears, someone I would generally probablywouldn't like but I really love how she was like.
Gan has a great attitude I think, even if it's "bad" to an extent.

Thing I'm not quite getting atm is what the hell does Shioon hope to do here really?
Sure he's gained alot of strengh and is basically a human sand bag that doesn't break at all and sure maybe theres a very slim chance he could handle the door man but he doesn't really have a hope in hell against any of the really big elite guys does he?!
could be SSJ 3 time?
Old 2010-02-13, 14:34   Link #155
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Thing I'm not quite getting atm is what the hell does Shioon hope to do here really? Sure he's gained alot of strengh and is basically a human sand bag that doesn't break at all and sure maybe theres a very slim chance he could handle the door man but he doesn't really have a hope in hell against any of the really big elite guys does he?! could be SSJ 3 time?
Well, ATM, Shioon just wants to meet up with his master and that's all. Though I think it's more about that he wants to help his master, just like Goomoonryong himself wants to help shion. A tragic irony of sorts how they basically manage to sabotage each other's efforts though

Having a chance or not have never really matter to Shioon - if it had, he'd never have gone to the tower in the first place. For him, it's more about fightning what he beleive sin, whether he wins or loses. As he himself said last chapter, "Isn't it better to fight and lose rather than retreat and not fight at all?" - same thing the time he fought Hyuk So Chun...

Shioon's life would perhaps be easier if he wasn't so reckless and implusive - for example, had he kept a more cool head when those guys attempted to question him at school, it's possible that Shioon could have bluffed his way out of it (by basically feeding the federation guys some false and non-vital information about Goomoonryong), but instead he choose the most reckless route... but that's the new (post-Illwallsindan) Shioon for you

But, as far as having a chance go... Well, those MIB he fought at the school should have been elites, unless I'm mistaken, yet Shioon was able to handle them - well, much thanks to being basically more skilled than they thought he was, but still...
Old 2010-02-26, 13:17   Link #156
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Spoiler for 56-58:

Vol 9 isn't out and breaker will be released when it comes out.
Old 2010-02-26, 20:36   Link #157
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, new chapters. Still surprised how weakened he is though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 00:16   Link #158
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hahaha is that Bayonetta I spy?!!

Pity we didn't get anything from her, would have liked to see her fight

So I wonder what the SSJ "method" is to get em outta this mess, hope it ain't a Ki transfer type of thing.
Old 2010-02-27, 03:42   Link #159
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm starting to worry about the influx of men in Shioon's harem...
Old 2010-02-27, 09:58   Link #160
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol that old man is pathetic, only acting brave when erm.. dragon guy is out of energy.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves