Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-14, 21:41   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Witch Craft Works [manga]

Witch Craft Works

Story & Art: MIZUNAGI Ryuu

Description: The main character (Takamiya, Honoka) is a regular student whose only problem seems to be that he sits next to Kagari, Ayaka, the school's #1 beauty. They have never crossed words before, and even a small interaction between them results in her fan club beating him. Yet when a falling part of the school's building is about to send him to the afterlife, it was her who came to his rescue. Except, she was dressed as a witch, carrying him in her arms and floating on a broom. She continues to protect him using her fire magic until the attempt on his life ends. She tells him it is her mission to protect him, and that now she can finally protect him openly (she used different means to protect him "undercover")

Why was Takamiya attacked, who asked Kagari to protect him, why does she refer to him as "my princess" and what is her fan club going to do to him now that she will be close to him openly?

We'll need to wait to find out! (Source: MangaUpdates)

Genres: Action Comedy Drama Fantasy Romance School Life Seinen

Categories:
Spoiler:
Links: MangaUpdates
Get this manga thread template!
----

This is a pretty cool series. The characters are all cool and it's got some good comedy, if you ask me.
Old 2011-06-14, 23:53   Link #2
Greenish Growth

I like this manga. It's monthly right?

I often wonder how tall she is supposed to be. She is a little too tall for my taste, but I like her character.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 09:47   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hehe was wondering when I'd see a thread for this series and I thought it would be you, Drago

I actually really like this one, I do recall not being sure what to expect going into the 1st chapter but I was surprised in a good way and really like it, love it even!

I like the odd dynamic of the couple, rather odd in it's ways I guess.

Plus I like the art, oh so wonderful to look at~

And then theres Kagari <3, whats not to like about Kagari~!
Old 2011-06-15, 21:58   Link #4
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I like this manga. It's monthly right?
It's bi-monthly actually. Scanlation is one chapter behind. Chapter 9 is due on July 7th.
Quote:
I often wonder how tall she is supposed to be. She is a little too tall for my taste, but I like her character.
Yeah, she really is tall. She's got a nice rack though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hehe was wondering when I'd see a thread for this series and I thought it would be you, Drago
What's that supposed to mean? And you can always make a thread,
Quote:
I actually really like this one, I do recall not being sure what to expect going into the 1st chapter but I was surprised in a good way and really like it, love it even!

I like the odd dynamic of the couple, rather odd in it's ways I guess.

Plus I like the art, oh so wonderful to look at~

And then theres Kagari <3, whats not to like about Kagari~!
I can't really get into this series to be honest. I enjoy when I read each chapter but the bi-monthly thing really kills the momentum. I do like the addition of his sister though. Always fun.
Old 2011-06-15, 22:22   Link #5
jzmagic
flargansbog

Thanks for making this thread Drago, this piqued my interest. The gender reversal of roles is very noticable with how big the heroine is.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 19:47   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I can't really get into this series to be honest. I enjoy when I read each chapter but the bi-monthly thing really kills the momentum.
This. I stopped reading after four chapters because of it. I also stopped reading several other series (including Full Metal Alchemist) because they were coming out too slowly to hold my attention. I'll wait till the series is over then pick it up...if I haven't forgotten it exists by then.
Old 2011-06-26, 02:26   Link #7
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I've read the first few chapters... and while good, there's only one thing that bugs me at the moment:

Spoiler for spoilers:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 02:37   Link #8
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^There's no big fight yet ("just" a dangerous encounter), but there's an enemy witch walking around who seems to have more than enough power to totally pwn our uber fire witch. She's clearly planning something insidious (they always do, don't they?), and she knows the secret to the fire witch's invulnerability. I think she'll play a major role in the plot for some time to come.

I lol'd a bit at the introduction of the little sister. Ah, otaku culture. No siblings go around without a complex. Normal relations? Ha! The absurdity! What's the point of a little sister without one?

Spoiler for last chapter so far:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 10:22   Link #9
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I've been keeping an eye on this series, and I quite enjoy it. It has great art and character designs, and the plot seems OK from what we've seen so far.

The real pity is that it's bi-monthly. Makes it harder to get into.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 11:33   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I lol'd a bit at the introduction of the little sister. Ah, otaku culture. No siblings go around without a complex. Normal relations? Ha! The absurdity! What's the point of a little sister without one?

Spoiler for last chapter so far:
Hahaha it's always either complex or conflict, never normal is it

I like the imouto quite alot here, also I think there might be some great interest in the mom as well later(hopefully)

I've never really had trouble getting into a series other than just forgetting about previous chapters cause of my sieve like memory, I can wait as I've got patience thats miles long.
Old 2011-09-08, 12:27   Link #11
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
new chapter up!
The Protagonist release his true power ....o.O!

and all enemy is like ...
"Holy Shit! Motherfucker Run for your life!"

the power he hid actually beyond insane, blow up a huge mansion along with the mountain below it to smithereen with single light stroke, not to mention Kagari can be powered up by him with just a kiss on her cheek while the power is fully released.

Remind me of Mai HIME anime scene, while Kagutsuchi first appeared
Gentle first like a puppy toward it's master...then when it's eyes caught a glimpse of enemy..it turn violent blow everything up with huge fireball just for small fry....talking about Overkill
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:22   Link #12
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which is why Kagutsuchi was so awesome. AND it still had limiters placed upon it too - but I digress. (Who wouldn't want a huge whale/dragon/phoenix thing that spits fire, flies, and has space flight capability? ) Kagari - tall, dark-hair, fire witch who is surprisingly affectionate and WILL try to destroy anyone who harms her male 'Princess'...and has a nasty penchant for blowing sh*t up = Kagutsuchi (female personification)
Old 2011-09-11, 10:31   Link #13
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Which is why Kagutsuchi was so awesome. AND it still had limiters placed upon it too - but I digress. (Who wouldn't want a huge whale/dragon/phoenix thing that spits fire, flies, and has space flight capability? ) Kagari - tall, dark-hair, fire witch who is surprisingly affectionate and WILL try to destroy anyone who harms her male 'Princess'...and has a nasty penchant for blowing sh*t up = Kagutsuchi (female personification)
I'm just wondering what did the Chairwoman do to her daughter so she grow so affectionate to a boy that never look or talk to her (until the Bunny witch attack)

Kagari said that she felt that deep down in her heart, she feel a connection to him and want to protect him, and he also feel the same , may be it's their Previous life Vow?

And the Chairwoman capture the one responsible to infuse 'bomb' (candy that awaken Evermilion), and sent it (Takamiya) to her house, already

To be called "the Torturer", I wonder how she's doin in the past and catch Takamiya's Mom heart
(Takamiya mom even state that she and Kagari Mother is so close that they would be married if not for their gender)
Old 2011-09-11, 12:16   Link #14
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

My guess is that Kagari's mother did some kind of spell to bind them together or at least, put a 'compel' on Kagari to always watch out for and protect him (forgot his name already)
Old 2011-09-11, 15:23   Link #15
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... so wait a sec. The part I'm confused about- is Evermilion a representation of Takamiya's (that's his name, Tempest... well, family. Honoka being his first) hidden power? I'd already gathered that he had a ton, considering that it's his power that gives Kagari practical invincibility (and considering how much damage she can take... damn that boy's a huge reservoir)... and Evermilion is his power going on the offensive?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 08:17   Link #16
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... so wait a sec. The part I'm confused about- is Evermilion a representation of Takamiya's (that's his name, Tempest... well, family. Honoka being his first) hidden power? I'd already gathered that he had a ton, considering that it's his power that gives Kagari practical invincibility (and considering how much damage she can take... damn that boy's a huge reservoir)... and Evermilion is his power going on the offensive?
yeah! look like Takamiya is the Vessel of Evermilion, an Insanely Huge Tremendous power, that answer to her vessel desperate call.

The bunny witch mentioned about "white things" inside Takamiya's body (which mistranslated by Takamiya) that they want, as the reason why they attack him. Probably want to use Evermilion, they want to kill Takamiya, and force the power reside within, to move to their hand.

But I deduct the power is a picky one about her Vessel. Evermilion even test Takamiya heat by lying to him, to hand over his eyes in exchange of Kagari de-Petrification. And he pass, after answered instantly

That's why the bunny witch want to take it by force, from Takamiya body for her Master (Medusa)

oh! and Evermilion have similar trait as Kagari, fond to blow off things
Next chapter...Kagari and Honoka life under the same roof. Can't imagine what will Kagari fans do to him now if they know it

btw,
when Evermilion blow Kagari mansion, are all maids dead? including the three that petrified by Medusa? I mean, not even a door remain except part of floor Evermilion and Honoka stand on
Old 2011-09-12, 22:56   Link #17
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

My guess is that Evermillion had her 'soul' put into a 'vessel' and Honoka was chosen and Kagari was chosen to be his 'bodyguard'. In addition to protecting him, whenever she's near him, she gets unlimited mana as well so its quite the bonus that all three of them are connected. Medusa looks to be on par with Evermillion though...I mean, she took that huge blast in her sealed state and was down for only a minute before coming back rip-roaring mad.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:28   Link #18
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
My guess is that Evermillion had her 'soul' put into a 'vessel' and Honoka was chosen and Kagari was chosen to be his 'bodyguard'. In addition to protecting him, whenever she's near him, she gets unlimited mana as well so its quite the bonus that all three of them are connected. Medusa looks to be on par with Evermillion though...I mean, she took that huge blast in her sealed state and was down for only a minute before coming back rip-roaring mad.
not quite.
Evermilion told Honoka that there's no way Kagari can lose to that bitch (refer to Medusa) after Kagari petrified and Evermilion released. In other word, the power ranking run like this:
Evermilion >>>Medusa = Kagari > other lesser witch

Evermilion even state that Kagari petrified because lack of trust in Honoka part, mean if he trust her enough, she can beat Medusa in one on one fight, and it proofed after Honoka remember the last scene before he's faint is Kagari in her Flame Demon state fought off Medusa that aided with other five witches ...and win without a scratch
Old 2011-11-09, 10:28   Link #19
surerman
Banned

new chapter up!
The Little sister extremely angry to found The Princess rode her brother on his bed in cowgirl position while he is in such defenseless sleeping posture and two of his upper button opened

And the dictatorship of Kagari come to surface. She get rid of all eyesore at her sight in instant
She made Honoka as Student Council President, after Fired the present one (for her order to the Teacher Advisor to persuade him to stay away from Kagari)................ and make Kasumi even angrier than before........ I smell a blood rain in the next chapter (from Kagari nose, since there's a shota Honoka at the last page)

Last edited by surerman; 2011-11-09 at 10:49.
Old 2011-11-09, 12:30   Link #20
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Nice~, I like this dynamic of such a strong (if not, scary) woman in Kagari. She's basically made her boyfriend the 3rd most influential person in the school, second to only her and to her mother, the Chairman. XD

"Rejoice. Now all the people who oppose us have disappeared."

I fear for the world if she ever gets loose in politics. XD

Tags
manga, romance, seinen