Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-03-13, 21:40   Link #881
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
Seems like the chances of finding anything out about CC and VV and company are getting lower and lower this season. It sometimes seems like the first half and second half of the season are 2 separate shows. A lot of the stuff they have been setting us up for, and the stuff we have been waiting for since the early stages, seems non-existent now (for this season).
if you're talking about 20, then there was similarly little on the whole geass situation in 5 and 9.

but looking at the last few episodes, we've had:
-Mao arc (the fate of geass users)
-V.V.
-Mental elevator (obvious reveal that Wakamoto is conquering the world for geass artifacts)

it's hardly as if they've dropped the Geass plotline. but obviously its going to be a late/end of the show portion of the plot, so it's not as if they'll give us too much in the first half of the story. >_<
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 23:50   Link #882
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
if you're talking about 20, then there was similarly little on the whole geass situation in 5 and 9.

but looking at the last few episodes, we've had:
-Mao arc (the fate of geass users)
-V.V.
-Mental elevator (obvious reveal that Wakamoto is conquering the world for geass artifacts)

it's hardly as if they've dropped the Geass plotline. but obviously its going to be a late/end of the show portion of the plot, so it's not as if they'll give us too much in the first half of the story. >_<
i meant as a general feel of the show and the dynamics of the characters/ interactions, considering what you as a viewer were expecting after watching the episodes that got you hooked. I'm not suggesting it's not following the story, the elements just seem different from when i started til now.

Of course we expect new things to appear, but some of the happenings were just out there. Suzaku wasn't as emo in the beginning but that's development; just much different from the beginning is all i'm saying. I had really liked Shirley as the naively jealous classmate, but that changed big the 2nd half. Every episode since except 19 i think has been giving us "hints" that Shirley is not gone yet. I think most of us figured it out after the first hint. Cornelia has basically been tossed aside. The rest of the team was rounded up (save Kaguya and Sayoko *sigh*). We saw more of the Britannian side (Orange, Viletta, Diethard) besides Euphemia in the beginning. CC outside of the Mao arc has not really had much of a part. It's like they just make sure she shows up in an episode, just to remind us about the Geass. That thing with VV was just too vague, we have no idea what's going on with it. Outside the Mao arc, Lelouch's geass is not used much. Kallen has only been directly addressed by Zero like thrice since ep 14 on. Pizza Hut is still there though. On the thoughts elevator, I'm more interested in what the Emperor plans to do as opposed to his reasons for conquest.

Since i mentioned it, what got you hooked, and what did you expect to happen in the show when you got hooked?

Things in the beginning of the show that got me hooked: Mysterious power, and mysterious dead girl comes back to life. Twice dead exiled prince using nothing save his wits and newfound power to take down his family's empire. I'll admit the mechs weren't the biggest draw, but were still fun, especially when the odds were evened. Disparate lifestyle of driven boy out for revenge and a somewhat normal school-boy.

Thins I wanted to see: Kaguya and Ninja Sayoko (I blame the OPs). Nunnally getting suspicious of something at the very least. Lelouch playing battles like chess games (ep 2), or at least matching wits against someone else (vs Kallen ep 3, the monologues were a very nice touch). After ep 7, it basically focused on the mechs. I think it would have been awesome if the battles were more focused on tactics, and we could see his mind at work, either in monologue, or even visually as a chess game. I mean it was suppose to be his strength after all, right? Outmaneuver your opponent, not beat him in a fire fight. A find out zero's identity episode, or find out where Lelouch goes ep, since it seems they were mixing light hearted and heavy episodes in the beginning. Anything revealing about CC's past (after 11). Lelouch trying to find out about CC/her kind. Defeating Cornelia. Cool Geass tricks (i want to see the bird do a barrel roll). Pizza Hut as the true mastermind.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 02:51   Link #883
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I think we all need a laugh from time to time.

~Removed at Celiss' request~

ROFL at Sayoko believing that Lelouch became a crossdresser. XD
Looks like C.C.'s presence is causing more and more irreparable damage by the day...

But anyway, one thing we can more or less conclude from this is that
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-17 at 04:02.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 04:10   Link #884
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Oh my god that's funny! But look on the bright side. At least she doesn't think that he's bringing home girls to have wild sex with on his rumpled bedsheets. And the overwhelming smell of cheese implies some horrible kinkiness too bizarre to name here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 06:11   Link #885
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I ROFL at Sayoko believing that Lelouch became a crossdresser. XD
omg that was hilarious, if only she knew ROFL
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:59   Link #886
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Is this ever posted? Picture Drama 3, pics and translation by Celiss Galvea.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8...edrama1im7.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6...edrama2tm8.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4...edrama3sq9.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1...edrama4za9.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6...edrama5pu6.jpg

Spoiler for Stage 6.75:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:02   Link #887
Destinyblade

Hmmm.... I found something interesting regarding the production of Code Geass and the whole doroku timeslot topic. I found this on another forum; it's an interview with some of the Code Geass staff, including Director Goro Taniguichi and Oukouchi Ichiro, who is in the Main Series Composition. The forum states that this was in Animage, Dec. 2006:

Q : And that was the point you decided to ask CLAMP-san for the character designs, and Teraoka-san for Knightmare Frame designs?
A : The series was done in a very concrete way. The scenario, too, was already ready for episode 1-3. However...at first, the series was meant to air on Saturday evening, but it was changed to late night. Since the audience for late night and evening are quite different, there's no reason for the contents to remain the same. So we rethought our plans, and that's how the framework for the current 'Code Geass' was built.

Q : What are the things you changed at that point?
A : Well, for starters, we thought that moreso than a hero type, an evil-looking protagonist would be more suitable for a late night programme. So we made changes to the protagonist. And from being robots-only, we added a taste of unique special abilities. We were thinking the main characters would gain special powers from an angel, and those powers would be close enough to relate to the audience. That's how 'Geass' originated. As the Geass came about, the series image was set at once. But instead of simply an angel who watches over the world, C.C. is changed, and she's a little different.

If you want to read the entire interview translated, here's the link to it:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Hunterhq...ter&f=50&t=803

^I remember many people were wondering and even complained about why Code Geass was put onto late night and not on primetime. Maybe we should be more thankful that the series did get late night. It sounds like a lot of stuff that fans like about Code Geass (particularly Lelouch's character and the series' focus) would've gotten changed if it succeeded Blood+ as a doroku show.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:07   Link #888
zalem

I must say, I am VERY thankful for the change. Don't know if it was just some whim that made CG go to late night but it turned about to be a very good thing. CG wouldn't be half as good as it is I don't think...
Old 2007-03-24, 15:00   Link #889
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I must say, I am VERY thankful for the change. Don't know if it was just some whim that made CG go to late night but it turned about to be a very good thing. CG wouldn't be half as good as it is I don't think...
Agreed. Otherwise it would probably just be another generic mecha anime...
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 09:57   Link #890
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

If it hasn't been mentioned,

CONGRATULATIONS to Jun Fukuyama [Lulu's seiyuu] and Ami Koshimizu [Karen's seiyuu] for winning Best Actor in a Leading role and Best Actress in a Supporting role, respectively, in the First Seiyu Awards held last March 3. Omedetou~! ^_^

Anyway, I hope gg releases subs for PB 3 real soon It sounds really funny!
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 21:08   Link #891
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
Find this funny fan Made OP by Mad not sure any post it here before but i feel like to share with u guys (might require to install a program to watch it, but this one is High quality version, there might be a version on YouTube but i didn't check it out since i can watch the HQ version. ) well here is the link
The video is well done. i like it alot

Edit: well i find the one on youtube there is the links
What If Code Geass is a harem anime (HQ version)
What If Code Geass is a Harem Anime (YouTube)

Last edited by liujeffqi; 2007-03-28 at 21:19.
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 03:43   Link #892
SinsI

That video has already been mentioned six or seven times.
Anyone want to bet if this number will reach 20?

What other specials came with DVD 3 besides the picture drama?
Any interesting interview or other info?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 08:18   Link #893
cf18
Mecha Pilot

From MBS official page:

http://www.mbs.jp/geass/index2.html
Quote:
特報・Stage24&25放送について

いつもコードギアスをご覧いただきありがとうございます。
レギュラー放送は今回の『Stage23・せめて哀しみとともに』で終了となりますが、続くエピソード、『 Stage24&25』を2007年・夏、各局にて放送するべく調整中です。詳しい放送日時は決まりしだい 公式ホームページ等でお知らせしますので、今しばらくお待ちください。
引き続き、コードギアスの応援、よろしくお願いいたします!!

毎日放送
サンライズ
コードギアス製作委員会
So, they will not air episode 24 & 25 until sometime in the summer? Damn that would be a long wait, almost as bad as BSG.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 10:48   Link #894
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
wow summer?? omg... that is a really long wait... so they skipped entire spring session..... /sigh long wait
may be they will release Code Geass two in the same time or extent the number of eps (i don't think it will happen but that what i will hope for if i have to wait 3 month to see the next 2 eps)
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:48   Link #895
WhiteWings

Really? I heard episodes 24 and 25 is going to be on April 5th and 12th. Maybe it's the season 2 that's going to begin in summer.

Then again, I'm just being hopeful and can't read a single word of Japanese...
Old 2007-03-30, 15:38   Link #896
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
From MBS official page:

http://www.mbs.jp/geass/index2.html

So, they will not air episode 24 & 25 until sometime in the summer? Damn that would be a long wait, almost as bad as BSG.
Now that is just being mean. >.<
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 18:01   Link #897
flou
That's no lady

And so it returns......XDDDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29pvN26lPl0
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 21:23   Link #898
Kite14r2

What's that, a dating sims game for it or something? There's no way in hell thats a promo for the second season since it's just a bunch of scenes from the first combined with a song.
Kite14r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 21:24   Link #899
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite14r2 View Post
What's that, a dating sims game for it or something? There's no way in hell thats a promo for the second season since it's just a bunch of scenes from the first combined with a song.
No, its a music video made by MAD (who're famous for making some of the best music videos). This is the second eroge Code Geass intro by them.

& haha Lelouch singing --- just genius!
Old 2007-03-30, 21:57   Link #900
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
And so it returns......XDDDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29pvN26lPl0

Oh dear lord...

That's fricking awesome! But for some reason didn't have the same effect as the first one... I love the music though, is it from the same singer as the first?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote