AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-13, 01:19   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Well, I think Yuuji should stop accepting the bento, because it strikes me as inappropriate, unless he were actually dating Kazumi. Maybe making lunches for non-family members is ordinary in Japanese high schools, but it strikes me as way too loaded a form of interaction, and it gives Yoshida false hope. That was, after all, Ike's point in season 1. Now that I think about it, though Yoshida would probably be really upset by this, and it's not like she has any other way of showing her affection for Yuuji--unlike Shana who always has training and fighting to fall back on.
Didn't he want to refuse the lunches at one point, but then Ike dissuaded him? I guess they thought Yoshida would be too hurt.
Old 2007-11-13, 01:52   Link #122
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't he want to refuse the lunches at one point, but then Ike dissuaded him? I guess they thought Yoshida would be too hurt.
Well, pretty much, Kazumi's just an emo disaster waiting to happen.
Old 2007-11-13, 03:20   Link #123
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nothing is said to end her arc, but there will be different focuses.

And from what it seems:

Spoiler for The Margery Daw episode:
Ahaha.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-13, 04:10   Link #124
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Well, I think Yuuji should stop accepting the bento, because it strikes me as inappropriate, unless he were actually dating Kazumi. Maybe making lunches for non-family members is ordinary in Japanese high schools, but it strikes me as way too loaded a form of interaction, and it gives Yoshida false hope. That was, after all, Ike's point in season 1. Now that I think about it, though Yoshida would probably be really upset by this, and it's not like she has any other way of showing her affection for Yuuji--unlike Shana who always has training and fighting to fall back on.

Anyhow, regardless, what needs to happen eventually is Shana needs to be honest about her feelings, and Yuuji just needs to choose her over Kazumi. Presumably that'll happen at the end of the series.

I think you're understating Yuuji's affections for Shana. It's clear he finds her attractive as early as ep. 4 in season 1, and before he finds out about the reiji maigo, there's all the business about meeting a girl who would always remember him. And then there was the kiss he clearly wanted, but didn't get during the twins arc. All of this is well before he decided to leave the city.
Yeah i'm probably understating their relationship, but I personally find that though now Shana and Yuji's relationship are obvious.. The deciding factor for Yuji's initial attraction was undoubtedly Shana's unique entrance, the sense of mystery surrounding her and the fact that he is a torch.... Off course curiosity eventually turned into love for Yuji but the initial attraction were a combination of chance and circumstance. That's why i say that it's Shana or nothing. I'm thinking would Yuji feel more attracted to Yoshida if she were to confess to him before he realises he's a torch? (which consequently is also when he met with Shana..) Really the writers never gave any room for compromise, Yoshida never had a chance.
Old 2007-11-13, 04:48   Link #125
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Hi,

I'm a newbie but i still want to participate.

Spoiler for Did anyone alse noticed:
Old 2007-11-13, 05:02   Link #126
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
Hi,

I'm a newbie but i still want to participate.

Spoiler for Did anyone alse noticed:
Welcome.

We discussed the possibilities of the bracelet in the Episode 5 thread. Unfortunately, none of us can be too sure.
Old 2007-11-13, 09:04   Link #127
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Sure there something amiss with this bracelet because it appeared too many times already and they could spare a lot of time drawing Konoe without it.

Guess all we have to wait is that bracelet to be removed.
Old 2007-11-13, 14:36   Link #128
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
Sure there something amiss with this bracelet because it appeared too many times already and they could spare a lot of time drawing Konoe without it.

Guess all we have to wait is that bracelet to be removed.

Wouldn't Yuji have sensed that the bracelet was a Hougu? Konoe kept tugging him with her right hand where the bracelet hangs on her right wrist.

Hougu items might not be the only artifacts in the Guze. The bracelet might be some sort of suppression device of a different nature.
Old 2007-11-13, 14:40   Link #129
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Wouldn't Yuji have sensed that the bracelet was a Hougu? Konoe kept tugging him with her right hand where the bracelet hangs on her right wrist.

Hougu items might not be the only artifacts in the Guze. The bracelet might be some sort of suppression device of a different nature.
Yuji's never sensed a Hougu before. At best he's noticed Crimson Denizens.

no reason to discount it being some sort of Hougu, though of course it may indeed be something else.
Old 2007-11-13, 17:18   Link #130
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:

Had Yuji been able to sense Hougus in the first place, he would have already known that Kazumi was holding one back at the Misago Festival arc.
Old 2007-11-13, 17:28   Link #131
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yeah Yuji never had the ability to sense Hougo... Why do you think Hougo are so rare in the world of Shana? Because they are hard to find, among the millions of torches.
Old 2007-11-13, 19:31   Link #132
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Had Yuji been able to sense Hougus in the first place, he would have already known that Kazumi was holding one back at the Misago Festival arc.
Well, he did once he took it in his hand. I guess he could detect a Hougu only upon physical contact?
Old 2007-11-13, 19:56   Link #133
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Well, he did once he took it in his hand. I guess he could detect a Hougu only upon physical contact?
I think that was more of a case of Yuji using his momentary deduction skills.

it's this old monocle looking thing and Kazumi just freaked out when she looked into it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it was something special related to the one thing about Yuji that would freak Kazumi out.
Old 2007-11-13, 21:25   Link #134
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I think that was more of a case of Yuji using his momentary deduction skills.

it's this old monocle looking thing and Kazumi just freaked out when she looked into it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it was something special related to the one thing about Yuji that would freak Kazumi out.
yep odd how he's able to put alot of things together that most of the others didn't think of, but this season he's as thick as a plank of wood maybe all that train is making him lose brain cells more than usual
Old 2007-11-13, 22:39   Link #135
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
yep odd how he's able to put alot of things together that most of the others didn't think of, but this season he's as thick as a plank of wood maybe all that train is making him lose brain cells more than usual
its just because the last few episodes have been relationship material, and Yuji has always been bad at that.
Old 2007-11-14, 01:00   Link #136
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
its just because the last few episodes have been relationship material, and Yuji has always been bad at that.
Too true. And I don't want to see the excuse where Yuji sensed love out of Yukari. To me, Yukari made it too obvious.
Old 2007-11-14, 01:30   Link #137
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Too true. And I don't want to see the excuse where Yuji sensed love out of Yukari. To me, Yukari made it too obvious.
right, she went right ahead with "I was wondering if Ike had a girlfriend or not." and even then it took Yuji like 10-20 seconds to get it.

Shana's the forceful one in this relationship. (unless Yuji suddenly goes crazy or something...Shiki Tohno anyone?) She's going to have to go ahead and tell Yuji straight up or he'll just keep assuming Shana means it when she tells him she "just" respects him or "just" is happy with how he's doing. Too bad she's apparently still figuring that out for herself. >_< (damnit, can't we like...I dunno have one of them almost die again?)
Old 2007-11-14, 01:48   Link #138
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
right, she went right ahead with "I was wondering if Ike had a girlfriend or not." and even then it took Yuji like 10-20 seconds to get it.

Shana's the forceful one in this relationship. (unless Yuji suddenly goes crazy or something...Shiki Tohno anyone?) She's going to have to go ahead and tell Yuji straight up or he'll just keep assuming Shana means it when she tells him she "just" respects him or "just" is happy with how he's doing. Too bad she's apparently still figuring that out for herself. >_< (damnit, can't we like...I dunno have one of them almost die again?)
I believe the 17th novel should handle that.
Old 2007-11-14, 03:08   Link #139
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Actually the Yuji of S2 would probably not even noticed she asked it. Instead he correctly knew that she was interested in Ike and did something about it.

Anyway using just that one scene as yard stick for Yuji's awareness is a bit out of context. Personally I think it is far better suited to the argument does Yuji understand romance.
Old 2007-11-14, 03:48   Link #140
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Actually the Yuji of S2 would probably not even noticed she asked it. Instead he correctly knew that she was interested in Ike and did something about it.

Anyway using just that one scene as yard stick for Yuji's awareness is a bit out of context. Personally I think it is far better suited to the argument does Yuji understand romance.
You're kidding me, right? Just to clarify, we knew that Yuji knew Yukari liked Hayato, but we don't know of the conversation between the gasp and the planning of the rendezvous in Episode 1, so we can't exactly say that Yuji picked it up mere moments after Yukari acted awkwardly in asking where Hayato was.
Closed Thread