AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 10:38   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY (July 2008)

Well! the true "Big Red Machine" is back and better than ever.This sequel looks awesome, especially since the one directing the movie is Guillermo Del Toro who did "Pan's Labyrinth".Take a look:

http://www.hellboymovie.com/

http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/v...qthighwide.mov
Old 2007-12-23, 12:36   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Why is summer so far away, the only season that really matters? What ever the critique said about the prequel, I enjoyed Hellboy, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 15:57   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Why is summer so far away, the only season that really matters? What ever the critique said about the prequel, I enjoyed Hellboy, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.
It was enjoyable, but not that entertaining to me.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:26   Link #4
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I was not impressed with Hellboy, but I did love Pan's Labyrinth. As much as I loved Pan's Labyrinth, I can't really use the fact that Hellboy II being directed by Guillermo Del Toro will help it out. The trailer looks interesting, but then so did the trailer for Narnia and we all know how that turned out. Will try to keep my mind open though, but I won't watch the movie until it comes out on DVD.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:03   Link #5
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I was not impressed with Hellboy, but I did love Pan's Labyrinth. As much as I loved Pan's Labyrinth, I can't really use the fact that Hellboy II being directed by Guillermo Del Toro will help it out. The trailer looks interesting, but then so did the trailer for Narnia and we all know how that turned out. Will try to keep my mind open though, but I won't watch the movie until it comes out on DVD.
Whoa wait a minute there, What's wrong with Narnia? I thought it was an awesome movie, how come you didn't like it, to me they did a terrific job at bringing it to the big screen and I can't wait for the second one Prince Caspian. That just reminded me that I have to put a thread for Prince Caspian as well.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:46   Link #6
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
Whoa wait a minute there, What's wrong with Narnia? I thought it was an awesome movie, how come you didn't like it, to me they did a terrific job at bringing it to the big screen and I can't wait for the second one Prince Caspian. That just reminded me that I have to put a thread for Prince Caspian as well.
Narnia was overall good at presentation, but there were too many boring cut scenes, that's what I believe.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-07-11, 10:51   Link #7
Nemu

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

I have seen the preveiw for it a couple times, I really want to see it. It looks like it's gonna be cool. It looks like it might be better then the first Hellboy movie.

Signature by ganbaru

Last edited by Nemu; 2008-07-11 at 11:13.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:49   Link #8
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

It's coming out this week so after hearing my cousin blah blah blah about it, i'll go see it with them. Not like I got anything this weekend to do ^^

Old 2008-07-14, 17:33   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Saw it last night.... I thought it was an entertainingly funny good adventure of a "B" film. And I mean that as a compliment. The Hellboy motif of comedy amidst the Cthulhu-ism is retained pretty nicely. Some of the sub-plots are kind of soap-opera-like but I think that's intentional ... in some way it was like watching an action sci-fi anime with romantic twists.

Some very nice stunt work - I understand the character Mr. Goss plays worked for seven months with swords and spears (and wire) to get that skill level of choreography.

Probably the worst thing I could say is that to someone steeped in this sort of stuff - the plot will be predictable and there's a fair amount of MiB smirking in the first part.
And O gods, I *love* the tooth fairies...

Spoiler for not really plot points but just my opinion on certain characters:
Old 2008-07-14, 22:48   Link #10
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Saw it last night.... I thought it was an entertainingly funny good adventure of a "B" film. And I mean that as a compliment. The Hellboy motif of comedy amidst the Cthulhu-ism is retained pretty nicely. Some of the sub-plots are kind of soap-opera-like but I think that's intentional ... in some way it was like watching an action sci-fi anime with romantic twists.

Some very nice stunt work - I understand the character Mr. Goss plays worked for seven months with swords and spears (and wire) to get that skill level of choreography.

Probably the worst thing I could say is that to someone steeped in this sort of stuff - the plot will be predictable and there's a fair amount of MiB smirking in the first part.
And O gods, I *love* the tooth fairies...

Spoiler for not really plot points but just my opinion on certain characters:
Agreed. Saw this Friday, and it was an amazing movie due to the super creative costumes and especially that plant monster. They had some amazing creation in this movie.

I overally enjoyed this one myself, I'd say one of the best summer movie so far. And i've watched over 8 of them already. That's a high number for me ^^

Old 2008-07-15, 23:09   Link #11
Daughter!

I'm not a fan of Guillermo Del Toro's work. I was not a fan of this movie, even though I am a giant Hellboy fan. I thought the movie's intention was more to show us cool monsters than tell a story.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 00:10   Link #12
Tetra Vaal
Banned

I watched this earlier today on bluray -- easily the best comic book/graphic novel adaption in the last 10 years or so. Forget all the mumble jumble about 'The Dark Knight' or 'Iron Man', this is how it's done.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 07:26   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The ghost guy really stole the show on certain parts XD
Old 2011-07-20, 13:35   Link #14
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The ghost guy really stole the show on certain parts XD
Who? Are you talking about Agent Krauss?
Old 2011-07-20, 13:48   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Who? Are you talking about Agent Krauss?
Presumably Kyero is talking about Seth McFarlane's character. Persoanlly, besides Hellboy, the twins were my favourite characters in the film. I especially liked Abe's relationship with the female twin. I was disappointed, though, by Jeffrey Tambor's character; he seemed to have taken a strange step back from the development he experienced in the first film. And, I was a little annoyed that Rupert Evans didn't come back as the agent in charge of Hellboy (from the first film). (Bear in mind, this is just what I recall from last seeing the film 2.5 years ago.)

Hellboy is an interesting film series (it's a stretch to call two films a series), and I wouldn't mind others. When del Toro dropped out of The Hobbit he alluded to Hellboy 3 being one of his next two features, but so far nothing has come fo that...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 13:53   Link #16
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Yeah, that would be Krauss then, lol. I thought he was a welcomed addition and provided some nice humorous moments with Hellboy. Usually characters like that can tend to be a bore -- or worse, an annoyance, but he served his purpose. I think my favorite aspect of 'Hellboy II' is how even Prince Nuada is likeable. The funny thing is, he doesn't get much screen time as his sister or the film's protagonists, but there's so much personality to him that you kinda forget that. It's a hard thing to do to make a conveying antagonist when his presence is limited and you narrow his ideas down to something conventional. But with Del Toro being the talented director that he is, he knows how to maximize even the smallest details.

Anyway, Del Toro won't be working on a 'Hellboy III' any time soon. He's currently prepping 'Pacific Rim' -- a mecha VS. kaiju film. It begins shooting this November and will get its theatrical release in July 2013.