AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-07, 18:26   Link #141
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
^ it doesn't rly happened in the manga too though..

As I said before (maybe) they look cute together. I too have no idea until Katocchi brought it up.
Yeah he/she(?) have nothing to back it up. Its an aesthetics thing. Nothing beyond the outer appearance.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:51   Link #142
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
I LOL'ed at this one
That means Maka is so hot!

Kid has been encouraged to be engaged once by his father to be his weapon ^^; but he denied it all for being not symmetrical.

I guess Soul and Maka being lived in the same apartment doesn't really count.. I think a weapon and meister pairing HAS to live in the same apartment (same goes for Black*Star and Tsubaki)

and oh my God...MakaxChrona is a no please...that's why I want Chrona to be a girl.
But after ...
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Maybe now Kid learn to accept something not Symmetric .. Uhmm, I think 'he must learn to be Normal boy'

About live in Same apartement ... That's why Meister and Weapon that have different gender usually become Couple .. Maybe Like Maka's Parents

Then .. As I said in other thread .. I think If Crona a girl, Maka is Like a Yuri since She think Crona too much .. I mean .. As a Friend, Maka too much worry about Crona, It's like more than Friend,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSmart View Post
Agreed with Reincarnated.

And katocchi, without manga spoilers (I only see the anime) what gave you the idea of MakaXKidd?

I rly dont see that happening.
MakaxKid .. Uhmm ... I just think If They become couple, They become a powerful, Cute, nice and funny couple,, ah ... what I said ..
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-08, 09:19   Link #143
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Well judging of how Maka's personality was , she's a serious and striving person. And she seemed can't leave a lone person (e.g. Chrona . And Soul for being so mysterious) She's kinda naive.

But SoulxMaka please T_T

And uh yes...Maka's parents are a good example --- except their divorce
Old 2008-11-08, 09:57   Link #144
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Okay I see know .. But I still have strange feeling about Maka and Crona ..

As I said before .. Better that MakaxKid and KatocchixSoul
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-08, 10:03   Link #145
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
But after ...
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Maybe now Kid learn to accept something not Symmetric .. Uhmm, I think 'he must learn to be Normal boy'

About live in Same apartement ... That's why Meister and Weapon that have different gender usually become Couple .. Maybe Like Maka's Parents

Then .. As I said in other thread .. I think If Crona a girl, Maka is Like a Yuri since She think Crona too much .. I mean .. As a Friend, Maka too much worry about Crona, It's like more than Friend,,

MakaxKid .. Uhmm ... I just think If They become couple, They become a powerful, Cute, nice and funny couple,, ah ... what I said ..
Kid's hair went back to normal. And if Mosquito's to be believed, he's going to gain three full stripes as he grows up, thus making his hair symmetrical. The Mosquito fight was a good example of Kid ignoring his petty obsessions for the sake of the mission (plus, he didn't seem to fully understand what was going on...). I can imagine Kid perhaps eventually toning down his obsessions out of necessity, but thanks to his parentage he's never going to be a normal boy like his peers.

Yes, Maka and Soul live in the same apartment, but it's not shown to be 'usual' in canon that Weapons and Meisters become couples. The only example we have of this is Kami and Spirit. Maka cares a lot about all her friends. I think she also sees something of herself (or what she could be, thanks to the black blood) in Crona. Generally, she's just a sensitive person (kind of like her father only without the hysterics). I don't agree that her attitude towards Crona is anything more than platonic at this stage. I can't see Maka even venturing into such a relationship considering Crona's mental state.

Between Maka and Kid I see two smart, (usually) rational people who could potentially connect on that level. In practice, they don't really talk to one another, but nor are they antagonistic to one another. Not a pairing I can really see, but not entirely impossible either.
Old 2008-11-08, 10:20   Link #146
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Yes, Maka and Soul live in the same apartment, but it's not shown to be 'usual' in canon that Weapons and Meisters become couples. The only example we have of this is Kami and Spirit.

Between Maka and Kid I see two smart, (usually) rational people who could potentially connect on that level. In practice, they don't really talk to one another, but nor are they antagonistic to one another. Not a pairing I can really see, but not entirely impossible either.
But I think BS and Tsubaki have a feeling too ..

Yes .. They dont' really talk to one other ..

MakaxSoul = MeisterxWeapon,, too Strange in fact a man be couple with weapon
Think if you marry a knife, Saw or something ..
How Kami can married with Spirit .. Too Strange ...
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-08, 10:41   Link #147
lmd_84

True, Tsubaki and Black Star might have romantic potential, but my point was that in canon the only couple who are/were Tech and Weapon were Maka's parents.

The idea of a pair marrying might be odd to us, but not necessarily to the people of Death City, especially seeing as Kami is a Tech and knows about Weapons. Now, if an ordinary girl met a Weapon boy, that might be more difficult. I reckon when it comes to the Shibusen students, it's just accepted that Weapons are a bit different.

I think when it comes to relationships with Weapons it's important to remember that for the purposes of the series they are people. They change their physical appearance, but they are people, and are apparently thought of as human.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:46   Link #148
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Weapons are human who are born with a special ability, thats all there is to it. Arachne is the reason for this "mutation"
Old 2008-11-08, 19:47   Link #149
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^If it continues better move the topic to the general discussion thread
Just reminding eventhough the topic becomes pretty interesting here.
While I too questioned how a weapon and a tech can be married..etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
The idea of a pair marrying might be odd to us, but not necessarily to the people of Death City, especially seeing as Kami is a Tech and knows about Weapons. Now, if an ordinary girl met a Weapon boy, that might be more difficult.
I think this answered my question. This is an anime after all , and anything can happen while our sense always ask "Why can it be like that??" etc.

Though I still can't understand if Arachne mutated 'all' demon weapons (I think maybe some of the weapons are generally born)

And yes , it's better to say that Maka cares a lot about all her surroundings (include her papa of course) but in my opinion , she doesn't really like to question her friend's problem farther than "Are you all right?" (you can see when she wanted to investigate Soul in the Eve's party , she thought "I don't want to keep asking and annoys him.") or when Chrona have a mind because of Medusa , Maka just stare at her in worry.

Well I could be wrong ^^;
Old 2008-11-09, 08:34   Link #150
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Now I'm Curious about new op .. why soul scream ??? and why Maka pass out ??? or maybe death ..
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-09, 09:50   Link #151
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Now I'm Curious about new op .. why soul scream ??? and why Maka pass out ??? or maybe death ..
And you have to know how insane I became when I see the scene for the first time.

There're many opinions about these.
Whether it's a symbol of "Clown" arc (I will add spoiler if you want)
Or her soul taken due to the madness (partially because black blood's fault)
Or it's just a mere illusion (of what Soul feared most)
Or she's just knocked out. (But why Soul screams?)
Or She's really DEAD. (Which I really can't think of...)

Now choose it yourself.
Someone have another opinion? I'm really glad to see that
Old 2008-11-09, 10:22   Link #152
lmd_84

I think hallucination. I can't see Soul reacting so badly to Maka merely being knocked out, and though the Clown arc is a horrible hallucination (little!Maka seeing her daddy literally drop dead, of all things...) it's not that sort of 'horrible'.

If it is the Clown arc, then the OP's final shot indicates that the anime's altered the tone of the Soul and Maka interaction within it. Which I would find a shame, because there are several stories to come I'd like them to keep to the manga, and that's one of them.
Old 2008-11-10, 10:01   Link #153
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ Well , when I read the newest episode titles , it seems they still follow the manga. At least until the BREW arc.

And uh yes lmd_84 , you have a point. (and you have said that in another forum) I too a little bit disagree if the clown arc becomes the ending (though it will be good if it becomes an opening to 2nd season)

ooh and by the way -- maybe I post this wrong. Maka's seiyuu will have her birthday tomorrow (November 11st)
Old 2008-11-11, 02:57   Link #154
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Kay .. Happy Birthday Omigawa-San ... Ganbatte !!
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-12, 05:45   Link #155
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I have said happy b-day in another forum though

Btw this hits me hard : Soul always said "I'm willing to die for my meister" "Don't touch my meister" etc etc , and you all know he can change meister. That means whoever the meister is , Soul will still protect him/her. Am I right? O_O"
Old 2008-11-12, 06:25   Link #156
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Uhmmm .. I think he'll protect all of his friends .. not only his meister ..
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-14, 15:46   Link #157
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

hmmm well personally i think its just an excuse for him to seem so protective of maka... i mean even though his "cool" image is losing its intensity he still wants to appear somewhat heroic and such

he could also say this as a form of self denial so he has an excuse for not only other people but himself as to why he wants to protect maka to such extents.

its open to however you want to interpret it and thats what i love about this pairing and pretty much any other pairing in this series
Old 2008-11-15, 11:28   Link #158
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I have said happy b-day in another forum though

Btw this hits me hard : Soul always said "I'm willing to die for my meister" "Don't touch my meister" etc etc , and you all know he can change meister. That means whoever the meister is , Soul will still protect him/her. Am I right? O_O"
Such blasphemy! To belittle Souls attachment to Maka like that >_>

Quote:
Uhmmm .. I think he'll protect all of his friends .. not only his meister ..
Soul has never talked about protecting other people, his only concern has always been Maka.
Old 2008-11-15, 12:19   Link #159
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

That just made me think, can Soul even fend for himself using his scythe it's like he can only turn his arm into a scythe but with Death Scythe IRC he could turn his arm into a scythe or make it come out of his back.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-11-15, 18:42   Link #160
lmd_84

One thing with Soul is that fighting single-handed is still something relatively new to him. Perhaps he hasn't learnt to transform anything more than his arm because he hasn't needed to, fighting together with a meister in most battles. However, his single arm thing has proved useful, tricking Blair and surprising (though not bothering, worst luck), Free.

Spirit actually materialised several blades at once in episode 1, though at the time more for the look of the thing (switching from blathering ladies man to pissed-off Death Scythe father) than anything else. Then they disappear when Shinigami tells him he can't interfere with Maka's mission by killing Blair himself.

I think if Soul took the time to learn, he could become effective at using his Weapon form on his own to fight. Considering the sorts of spots he and Maka have ended up in throughout the series, I can easily imagine this becoming a plot-point in the future.
Closed Thread