AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 22:03   Link #81
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ayumi just so cute as a maid with those spiked brass knuckles and I wounder if Ika have to pay for the floor
Old 2011-10-04, 00:01   Link #82
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Lighter again, just like (most) of season 1. All is well.
My very thoughts - whew! Not that I was worried, but it's nice to know last week wasn't the canary in the coal mine. This ep was full of classic moments, like the iron fists, Queen Esquidabeth with her boy beefeaters and Chizuru going all Chizuru on the scale.

Oogyoogyoogy!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:17   Link #83
EroKing

Episode 2

Freebie of the week~

Plenty of funny moments with Ika-chan again, Sanae brings out the worst best out of her

Old 2011-10-04, 02:55   Link #84
calorie

This one was much more true to the first season, I agree. Looks like our invader is on the right path to a successful comeback .

T'was nostalgic to hear the first OP on the radio...
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 04:01   Link #85
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
After baseball, now she's invading the sport of football/soccer...not very well though without use of her tentacles. Sebastian Squidlacci she is not (if anyone knows a better pun name of real football players, go right ahead). How old is Takeru anyway? Second grade?

Next is crossdressing, I like regular Ika much better than Queen Ika though. Good to see Ayumi again, and Nagisa really makes for a convincing reverse trap - much more believable than Charlotte or Subaru actually.

In the last segment, we may have finally found Chizuru's weakness...or not, since it looks like it only makes her more dangerous. But seriously, what manner of bizzare creature is Ika Musume? There's the tentacles, the white 'hat', the ink, the glowing, and now the seemingly normal bracelet is capable of to alter the mass of the whole body, to extreme amounts no less? For some reason this seems less believable than the rest...is it really biological? Or because it's something she wears, it's actually very advanced high-tech gadget from the future? Maybe even something magic or spiritual? Well, this is a comedy, no need to think too hard about that...she got quite an interesting power set though.
Old 2011-10-04, 07:57   Link #86
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I NEED one of those bracelets!
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:05   Link #87
TCman

Wow, episode 2 is so much better and funnier. I think it's now confirmed that Ika-musume is an alien, that bracelet has to be alien technology. And that teacher is kinda funny, and she's pretty nice, I don't see every teacher buying ice cream for the kids at school these days (I guess there are exceptions, right?).
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:04   Link #88
Sixth
Hu Tao

Apparently, everyone love Ika Musume. I can't believe those brats actually worried for being jerk on Ika Musume.

Ika has such a convenient power to alter her own weight. It is a super unique relic that every women in the world would want to possess it. So, I guess this episode answered the mysterious question on why Ika can fly during the opening scene. Too bad she got "conquered" by a hawk...Haha

Also, Sanae's slap is godlike.
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:19   Link #89
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Also, Sanae's slap is godlike.
haha that was the most unexpected thing

eps 2 is very funny, watching it really can make u happy

i am also surprise about the bracelet, they actually applying physics...
Old 2011-10-04, 11:44   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say Ika has a great power to draw children into her cause. After all easy to appeal to them with the terrible things being done to the ocean and the simple idea of defeating the evil polluting humans. If a child army could get something done she would be leading it to victory. It's really quite touching how much children love her . Her cuteness is a weapon all by itself and probably her most effective one.

The fin slap is still good comedy . Sanae taking a beating in her short appearance in this one.

Finally found an enemy that Chizuru can't topple. No amount of power will take down her issues about her weight. Though can still kill the innocent scales.

Who would have guessed that Ika Musume actually had solid reasons behind weight shifting? Handy bracelet. Though seems like conquering the sky is a risky venture.
Old 2011-10-04, 11:57   Link #91
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She could conquor the world quite easily...she just has no clue how to go about it...nor can she be everywhere, gathering the children to her cause. She needs more of herself (Three idiots could do that if they can replicate jellyfish).
Old 2011-10-04, 13:17   Link #92
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
After baseball, now she's invading the sport of football/soccer...not very well though without use of her tentacles. Sebastian Squidlacci she is not (if anyone knows a better pun name of real football players, go right ahead).
Well, she's good at anything where her tentacles, but as football's a game that specifically require you to use your feet... Well, it works better for her in a games that requires hands, apparently (tennis in the manga and baseball in the anime) - or at least I guess it's easier to classify her tentacles as "hands" in those games (at least under lenient conditions ) thna it is to classify them as "feet" in others XD . She'd be an excellent goalkeeper if she wasn't scared of the ball though . Can't really blame her though - I was terrified of being hit by the ball as a kid... .

Anyway, overall a nice episode! Ika-queen, flying Ika... Pure gold, IMO . Pity she lost her army to ice cream though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:09   Link #93
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
After baseball, now she's invading the sport of football/soccer...not very well though without use of her tentacles. Sebastian Squidlacci she is not (if anyone knows a better pun name of real football players, go right ahead). How old is Takeru anyway? Second grade?
I'm sure there's a wiki somewhere, but I'd guess older than that. Maybe 5th grade? Old enough to be developing a crush on Ika-chan, anyway...
Old 2011-10-04, 16:07   Link #94
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Japanese Wiki says he's a third grade elementary student.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:45   Link #95
jcdietz03

It looks like it will take a little practice to use the tentacles like normal and fly at the same time. Falcons haven't got nuthin on Ika's tentacles.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:11   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Japanese Wiki says he's a third grade elementary student.
Split the difference!
Old 2011-10-04, 19:30   Link #97
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

That was a really enjoyable 2nd episode. I am...surprised at the fact the bracelets actually did something.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 21:19   Link #98
FateAnomaly

Technically the tentacles are a part of her head though....

I always though Ika is a (un)natural creature of the sea but now she shows us that she actually has advanced technology. Maybe she is from Atlantis or something.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 20:48   Link #99
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ep 2 sure was lots of fun, and agree on the fact that Sanae probably bring either the best or the worst of Ika out...

Hmm that bracket is interesting, surely high tech gadget, i wonder if she is really an alien afterall
Old 2011-10-07, 00:28   Link #100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...Atlantis (or one of the other lost civilizations) was suppose to be advanced...at least to the Greeks.

Tags
comedy, slice of life