AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 16:43   Link #361
Battler-kun

It's definitely rushed...with only 11 episodes we will get a rushed story and rushed single arcs.

You get a ton of information right from the start of the episode and atleast for me, it is quite hard to follow it!

But then, the solution to the case is oversimplified and rather undetailed.
It just feels strange this way and is not good.

Bones is trying to mix up various things and all that in 11 episodes....shouldn't make any wonder if this is not a too good idea.

Well, but still it is a solid anime, especially Inga is what makes the show interesting and the environment the show takes place.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:31   Link #362
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For the fifth episode, I found the real culprits' motives rather inconclusive.

Youko wanted the gold bars, and she did not believe in the sacrifice of those three youths simply because anybody wants to live and refuses to die. I believe the writers ran out of substance to properly fill in the details for the murder in the statue.

As I anyone could tell, Shinjuurou took this case too personally that he was left blinded by the illusion of truth. Kazamori throws in a valid analogy in comparison how Shinjuurou came to terms with Inga for a contract feeding people's truths, a.k.a. their souls, in exchange of not killing anyone.

In a morally rightful sense, the living have no right whatsoever to either criticize or praise the death, that's what I think Shinjuurou is getting at. At the end, when Kaishoku-san comments that he won't let Shimada go unharmed in this one it later transpired that Shinjurou let the truth spoke for itself.
The gold bars remained secured and unscathed from Shimada's vintage, but Shinjuurou true to his promise for Inga let the truth be unearthed.

Shimada maybe was not profitting economically in a strict sense of the wordk, nonetheless, he was advancing his whole campaign at the expense of those three youths' deaths by elevating or dramatizing what they accepted to do for others.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 08:45   Link #363
ookamigirl

Yuuki in the middle of a new case & a scandal over a statue.
Very, very interesting.
Gold bricks, fake heroes & murder.
So we also got some new info about Inga & Yuuki.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:24   Link #364
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
The gold bars remained secured and unscathed from Shimada's vintage, but Shinjuurou true to his promise for Inga let the truth be unearthed.
And what promise was that?
Old 2011-11-14, 05:58   Link #365
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This show is one of the most interesting this season intellectually speaking. The mysteries themselves are not that complicated, but I was never sold on this show based upon the mysteries. It really is too bad that this is only 11 episodes. I'd love to see the setting put to more use and be explored a bit more. I like Shinjurou's character as well.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 00:03   Link #366
4Tran

I still find myself liking Un-Go enough to continue, but I'm not really sure why this is the case. The mysteries have been really uninteresting so far and the philosophy is hard to take seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This show is one of the most interesting this season intellectually speaking.
I'm curious as to why you state this. Is it just for the lack of competition?
Old 2011-11-17, 13:49   Link #367
miketyson

Today's episode is great. That's all I have to say really: it's great, the strongest 1-part episode so far.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:14   Link #368
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Today's episode is great. That's all I have to say really: it's great, the strongest 1-part episode so far.
Agree, it was a stunning episode. The ending was a bit of a surprise, I kind of written the
Spoiler:

I am looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-11-17 at 16:44.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:26   Link #369
miketyson

I too am looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler for Specifics:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:43   Link #370
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Haha, Shinjurou and Inga together are great
Old 2011-11-17, 18:23   Link #371
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad the kids are alright. So is the Novelist the antagonist now, seemed like his sidekick was similar to Inga. Good thing Yajima didn't end up killing his wife. So is this the first ep where Inga didn't use some form of her powers?
Old 2011-11-17, 18:24   Link #372
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Glad the kids are alright. So is the Novelist the antagonist now, seemed like his sidekick was similar to Inga. Good thing Yajima didn't end up killing his wife. So is this the first ep where Inga didn't use some form of her powers?
Indeed, she was close to it however.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:31   Link #373
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This was also the first 100% anime-original ep, and it really shows in the pacing - the best of any arc so far, IMO. Overall, very strong.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:16   Link #374
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Excellent episode. Let's start with the easiest and yet most difficult part--the comedy. The antics of Inga, Kazamori, the head maid, and to a lesser extent Rie helped to keep things moving and were well-timed (even little things like Kazamori licking the paper to test the materials used to write the code).

Spoiler for Better spoiler-tag the rest of the comments:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:46   Link #375
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
It's interesting, Kazamori says "colored pencil," but the materials (s)he cites sounded more like what we'd call a "crayon" in the USA; I'm wondering if there's a translation situation going on there? Or do I simply not know enough about colored pencil manufacture?
The line is definitely "iro enpitsu" = colored pencil, and they can also be made with wax depending on the type.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:58   Link #376
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The line is definitely "iro enpitsu" = colored pencil, and they can also be made with wax depending on the type.
Ah, thanks. It just goes to show you, you're never too old to learn new bits of trivia. I never knew there were wax-based colored pencils.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:45   Link #377
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I'm shocked that Shinjurou would offhandedly tell a random stranger that Kazamori is a RAI. Of course, I'm equally shocked that Yajima would equally offhandedly say, "They're illegal, aren't they?" and leave it at that.
If I remember correctly, it looks like Shinjuro lives in the same building (or at least the same area) from one of the previous episodes, the one where you can't enter by foot or by vehicle. And if he is living in a forbidden area like that I suppose it's less surprising that he would have an illegal item or two lying around as well, although I did think that Yajima took that bit of information a little too calmly.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:23   Link #378
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Kaishou is enjoying this isn't he? He did on purpose isn't he? I mean he could have explained that the children were alive in the first place. He stayed silent just he can ominously make Shinjuro looks bad, isn't he!?

Though, didn't expect Betsutenou appears as the big bad. I thought her material would be mostly reserved for the movie. I guess episode 0 really is a beginning episode then. Probably ends in Shinuro's defeat in Betsutenou's hand too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:17   Link #379
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Oh god, this episode.

A sharp increase in my awesome meter.
An un-convict-able villain?
Attempted murder using others' psychological states?
Rinroku's condescending smug?
Glorious.
What now defeated detective?

Spoiler for Curtain, anyone?:

Sad thing is, with 11 episodes it's unlikely Shinjurou would be forced to deal with the villain for good.

Last edited by velvet; 2011-11-18 at 03:43.
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:03   Link #380
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Kaishou is enjoying this isn't he? He did on purpose isn't he? I mean he could have explained that the children were alive in the first place. He stayed silent just he can ominously make Shinjuro looks bad, isn't he!?
I figured Kaishou having an affair was a red herring from the way it was set up but this was too much. It spoiled an otherwise excellent episode. Why on earth didn't Kaishou just tell them sooner?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, noitamina