Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 13:38   Link #641
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I don't know, maybe the fact that it reminded me of those terrible plot twists in Kimi no Iru Machi just rubbed me off the wrong way.
While I can understand where you're coming from,my hate for most misunderstanding type scenario is that they're just generally badly handled because they're due to coincidences/bad luck but that's not the case here.I feel that's the big difference between this and most other mangas/animes that use misunderstandings.
For example if this were Kimi no Iru Machi I feel that Tsubaki would have accepted to be the boyfriend and Urabe would have shown up at the festival out of nowhere for no reason,however here she has a reason,she was tipped off before hand.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:45   Link #642
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
While I can understand where you're coming from,my hate for most misunderstanding type scenario is that they're just generally badly handled because they're due to coincidences/bad luck but that's not the case here.I feel that's the big difference between this and most other mangas/animes that use misunderstandings.
For example if this were Kimi no Iru Machi I feel that Tsubaki would have accepted to be the boyfriend and Urabe would have shown up at the festival out of nowhere for no reason,however here she has a reason,she was tipped off before hand.
It's not that I think MGX's case is done badly it's just that I didn't expect them to use it all. It's still slightly well done (I just don't like that Hanazawa girl at all) and nowhere near KNIM levels of logic. It's just that I was really shocked that my favorite anime of the season is reminding me of that trash.

Also I'm kinda scared that this will go into melodrama territory (Oh god please no.) with the way this episode is building up on. But knowing MGX, they'd have a solution you wouldn't expect and I'm just really hoping for that.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:50   Link #643
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Well duh, but to use it as some sort of plot device to complicate or spice up the plot isn't something I expected from MGX. Don't get me wrong that I think that lies and misunderstanding are things that we shouldn't see in TV but I really saw MGX as something that tried to prove a point on how relationships work. It already showed the rocky sides of their relationship but I just felt that this episode was just cheap.

Well they might prove a BIGGER point in the next episode (I hope) but this really is the first time I didn't find MGX to be amazing. I don't know, maybe the fact that it reminded me of those terrible plot twists in Kimi no Iru Machi just rubbed me off the wrong way.
If anything, MGX is the show that tries to remove the rose-coloured glasses on the views of relationships in the most sensible way possible. Take away the drool and you have something completely plausible, up to and including the Hayakawa scenario.

Without going too OT, KNIM's issues lie in the fact that the scenarios Seo comes up with to spice up the plot are so out there (and plain dumb) that it contrasts heavily against the very realistic (albeit generally uninteresting) scenarios of plain, everyday life. Doing this repeatedly has caused this mess of imbalance which to date, is only really fun to look at now.

TL;DR it's a pity you feel betrayed, but you seem to have a misconception about this series. I stick by a comment I made earlier that Hayakawa's plot/scenario is brilliant, and effective compared to what most romance rivals usually offer in a story like this. The plan itself isn't exactly genuine, but the way she's developing it certainly is.
Old 2012-06-11, 14:06   Link #644
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
IAlso I'm kinda scared that this will go into melodrama territory (Oh god please no.) with the way this episode is building up on. But knowing MGX, they'd have a solution you wouldn't expect and I'm just really hoping for that.
I'm not scared of that at all,the drool never lies so I'm sure the misunderstanding won't last long.
I don't think this plot was brought in to "spice up" the show,it's just something that happens a lot and if you're going to do a show about teenage realationships it's something that should come up,but it should be used to build the relationship of the lead couple and make them grow closer (that's what I expect here) not to drag out the plot endlessly (a lot of other mangas).

Hell for all I know Urabe will see right through Hanazawa's ploy and there won't be much of a misunderstanding at all
Old 2012-06-11, 14:43   Link #645
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Tsubaki is an idiot. Good thing he stopped at the last second this time, but i hope he can control himself next time. Urabe should definitely cut him up if something happens.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:54   Link #646
arowsmitt
Fuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow Tsubaki is an idiot. Good thing he stopped at the last second this time, but i hope he can control himself next time. Urabe should definitely cut him up if something happens.
Agreed, i think the idea of the " panty scissors " is very funny and unique to her character.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:56   Link #647
arowsmitt
Fuer

Lightbulb Group

I didn't see a group for Mysterious Girlfriend X, so i made one if you want to check it out and start a discussion/ ask a question, feel free
Old 2012-06-16, 13:53   Link #648
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2012-06-16, 14:47   Link #649
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Episode 11 is a near pefect adaptaion of the source material!

The first thing I've gotta say is, damn censorship shadows. Though not as bad as some of the other types of stupid censorship we've seen recently, it was still censorship. I just hope the DVD or Blue Ray versions won't be censored.

Spoiler for Episode 11 RAW and Manga Chapter comparison spoilers:
Nonetheless, from what I saw, I'd have to say that the episode was about as good an adaptation as you could get. Once again, the anime staff has brought to life one of my favorite arcs.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 16:29   Link #650
konart

Two(actually three) words:

totally worth it
Old 2012-06-16, 18:00   Link #651
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Two(actually three) words:

totally worth it
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:56   Link #652
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I don't really mind the shadow censorship. Much better than those damn sun beams some other animé force down our throats-.-.
Old 2012-06-17, 00:56   Link #653
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler for Episode 11 images:
Old 2012-06-17, 01:10   Link #654
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Strangely, those gender bender toles fit them. Not that I think that Urabe is not girly, but she does wear the pants in that relationship nearly 100% of the time. And Tsubaki, well, yeah-v-;;.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:42   Link #655
ookamigirl

The cultural festival forbidden fun.
Tsubaki sure was incredibly naive and wimpy too.
The flashback part was kinda nice.
Getting busted by Ayu & Urabe was interesting.
Wow, I'm still amazed by Urabe's capabilities to prove a point.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:14   Link #656
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

My god.. I need to take a shower, my pant barely survive watching this episode 11.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:42   Link #657
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Several times, I felt like kicking Tsubaki in the nuts because of his stupidity. I can understand that he liked hanging out with his former crush, but did he really have to lie to Urabe, especially when he knows that she often hangs out with his best friend's girl?

I wonder what would have happened if Tsubaki had tasted Ayawa's drool first when both girls were standing naked before him. I found it a little convenient that Urabe got in first and that Ayawa then didn't want to press on anymore. Maybe she would've stopped before she could give him a sample of her drool, but it's also possible that she could actually connect with him and give Urabe a run or her money.

I knew right away that Ayawa's intentions were anything but clean, especially after Tsubaki rejected her. I knew the 'be my boyfriend for a day' thing was a ruse to try and seduce him, and I also knew that Urabe would get wind of that and let Tsubaki know his place. I didn't expect her to do it like that, but it worked in the end.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:45   Link #658
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
My god.. I need to take a shower, my pant barely survive watching this episode 11.
And that's despite the cencorship!!
Imagine the state they'll be in once the Blu ray version comes out
Old 2012-06-17, 11:31   Link #659
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And that's despite the cencorship!!
Imagine the state they'll be in once the Blu ray version comes out
Yeah, they manage to kept the episode being sexy despite the heavy censorship.. Goodness that might be the sexiest thing that I ever see in any media, far more effective than toothbrush episode in certain anime IMO

I could die if they "loosening" thing in blu-ray.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:02   Link #660
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Urabe's disguise was great, she even had a flap to open for her mouth. Tsubaki really is a lucky guy having 2 naked girls right in fornt of him. Glad Tsubaki didn't lick Hayakawa's finger after all. Urabe's smile was a great way to end a great ep.

Tags
romance, seinen