AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 09:05   Link #1521
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Iv bin wondering, whats the diffrence between the Novel, anime and manga? I know the novel is the orginal, but what I want too know is how far the anime and the manga drift from it?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 11:39   Link #1522
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Comparing anime and novel is like comparing Britney Spears music with Metallica's. There are some minor similarities but on the whole - they are very different.

Anime takes out all the drama and majority of romance parts from the novels and replace it with fanservice and comedy.

As a result anime's plot feels pushed into the background and characters feel incredibly shallow. Novels aint work of Shakespeare yet, compared to anime it feels like it. Like anime simplifies Louise's character, while in novels she develops and actually can be a very sweet and kind girl (as long as Saito does not screw himself up) in anime it looks like impossibility.

The best example is how anime and novels dealt with volume 7 ending and volume 8. Its Saito's grand battle from season 2 if you remember - in novels he is wounded severely and is found by the Tifa and cured but looses his powers so does not return to Louise, while Louise thinking that Saito is dead tries to kill herself. And only later after a lot of trails they find each other again, and their reunion ends up with one hot night where they almost had sex with each other - in anime he is instantly revived and comes back to Louise and starts blabbering about huge breasts and is beaten up. Quite different huh?

Thats how different they are. Manga though is closer to novels, have a horrible artwork that is so bad that even doujin authors should be ashamed (well the author of the manga was/is doujin maker, and pretty bad at that, so no wonder). I have no idea how such pitiful doujinshi maker got the rights to make ZnT manga. I can name at least few hundred of doujin makers (not talking about actual mangaka's) who are miles better in terms of artwork.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:50   Link #1523
Hubb

For the most part I agree with Darknemo2000 and on the parts I don't, they are just different opinions...

Basically I don't mind the manga art at all. Sure, it isn't the best/groundbreaking/award winning/ or even all that close to the light novel art but for one reason or another I find it fitting. I must say I really like the art work done for the light novel and I would probably buy all the manga volumes if they were done in a similar/same fashion.

The other part would be music... but lets not go there.
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 03:20   Link #1524
tsunade666

I like the anime for fan service. That's all I can think up. They also mess up with tifa when she attends the school. The order is messed up, HEAVILY. I think its from volume 12 but they start
it before volume 9 then 10. Poor 11. I'm hoping for a great 4th season but its impossible for them. I wish the one who create shana and index are the one who create ZnT.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 03:52   Link #1525
scrumly1

I think Saito's problem goes a little something like this. Louise's actions, words, and feelings don't all match up. Most people seem to be viewing this through the lens of what a female friend of mine referred to as "Nerd Chivalry". Let's look at Saito: low self-image, Average teenage boy's empathy(none), Stranger in a strange land, girls throwing themselves at him, inexperienced in love. It's not that he doesn't love Louise, It's just that with her actions and words not matching her true feelings most of the time leaves him confused and hurt, which Henrietta and Siesta use to their full advantage(the other girls aren't really competition). Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Louise's "reward" offer as proof of her love for him, I'd have to say dying for, and putting yourself back in harms way after your resurrection, beat that by a long mile. The fact that after he comes back, she still beats him like a drum cause she feels like it, has to make him feel like a real idiot for doing any of it to begin with. Heck, if she could be honest or he could ask some questions instead of assuming all the time, 90% of the problems would disappear.
Thing is I like SaitoxLouise, so maybe this time they will get their heads out of their rears and we get some relationship resolution here. Which won't happen, as torturing us is what keeps us coming back for more. Sorry so disorganized and hopefully no one takes offense at anything I've said.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 04:40   Link #1526
Darknemo2000

Thing is after his act of awesomeness almost instantly almost instantly follow a screw up. Like he confesses to Louise and she gets much closer to him after that, but on the same day she learns that he spent a night with a drunk maid.

Could you trust a girl, if you would learn that she spent a night in other guys house (who has a feelings for her) drinking.

And the same thing happens all the time.

Does Louise act like bitch when they meet in vol 8? Not at all, in fact she is all over him, she goes back to the bitch mode only when Saito screws himself up with Tifa and Siesta. And this way it goes always like that.

Her acts are not that confusing if you have at least some brains. A prideful girl who is willing to give you her virginity which in their world is pretty meaningful, just for a reward? Give me a break, you have to be an idiot to believe it.

And Saito being new to the world does not excuse him being a total retard as far as general social rules go. If he would have been living in some cave in Japan I would believe it, but he did not, and since he obviously has zero understanding in that one can conclude that he is a retard.
Old 2009-07-15, 05:43   Link #1527
digger314

Just read vol 7 and vol 8 and I liked them. But it sounds like afterward the plot degenerates into a loop of bonehead moves and communication breakdowns. Is it even worth reading if you are looking for development on SaitoxLouise or simply just Louise's character? I get the feeling vol 8 is where it peaked...

Do they make progress on finding a way to Earth?
digger314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:17   Link #1528
Darknemo2000

I would say it peaked where Louise had her last date with Saito smiling whole day just for him (translations are not really up to taht part of the novels) as Saito was about to return home.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:02   Link #1529
Hubb

Hrm, interesting spoiler. Does Saito almost go home again? I'm actually really interested in how that plays out; not another eclipse is it?
Old 2009-07-15, 10:36   Link #1530
Darknemo2000

no there is an actual door, that Julio leads him to, but standing to the door/gate he cannot step through them and comes back to Louise anyway, but Louise unable to bear the thought of living without Saito asks Tifa to erase her memories... Then some shit about manipulating pope and finally Saito kisses Louise bringing her/his memories to her (yes Louise knows about saito's world after the kiss too and some of his embarrassing thoughts).

By the way, Julio was lying about the gate, and would have killed Saito in his back if he would have tried to return to his world.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:26   Link #1531
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wait what? why? would Julio do that?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:03   Link #1532
Darknemo2000

Of course. Julio is bastard. Well not as complete as the Pope and he may have his own reasons behind it, but it doesn't change the fact that, Julio is the last person to whom you would turn your back.
Old 2009-07-15, 17:52   Link #1533
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Of course. Julio is bastard. Well not as complete as the Pope and he may have his own reasons behind it, but it doesn't change the fact that, Julio is the last person to whom you would turn your back.
i still hasn't forgiven him for what he/the pope did to manipulate charlote(ex:tabitha)'s felling for her first love;but it seem this time you'll find it hard to put the blame on Saito since it was a doll(who was impersonating him).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 20:39   Link #1534
Darknemo2000

Nah, Saito is not that bad. Most of the time thse are misunderstandings, and other girls coming at him. The problem is that he does not develop some brains during more than a year of attention to actually avoid thse situation or at least cut their numbers.

He can be fully blamed for what he does with henrietta behind Louise's back though.

And yes Julio is a pig (though in that case it is more like Pope is one).
Old 2009-07-16, 04:59   Link #1535
tsunade666

the pope is a big plot boss to me. He well devised things like a chess player. Being played on his palm. btw I forgot to ask on what volume derf broke? is it 16 or 17?
Old 2009-07-16, 11:21   Link #1536
digger314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I would say it peaked where Louise had her last date with Saito smiling whole day just for him (translations are not really up to taht part of the novels) as Saito was about to return home.
Hmm sounds like there is further development. I'll continue to read then (I'm reading Chinese translations which are up to date).
digger314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 15:14   Link #1537
Hubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the pope is a big plot boss to me. He well devised things like a chess player. Being played on his palm. btw I forgot to ask on what volume derf broke? is it 16 or 17?
I'm pretty sure it was volume 16...
Old 2009-07-16, 17:43   Link #1538
tsunade666

then what happen to derf? did they try to repair it? When I looked in the illustration of vol 17. I saw saito fighting someone and cuts it down. Then did he just used a simple sword?
Old 2009-07-16, 22:08   Link #1539
Hubb

You'll have to get that answer from someone else (sorry for being no help). I just believe from what I remember reading, that the sword was broken in 16.

PS. If anyone does spoil what happens to derf please tag it for me ( pleaseeee). That is an aspect I'd like to read about myself.
Old 2009-07-17, 02:02   Link #1540
tsunade666

hmm and hope someone enlighten us. Then again another question in the end of vol 16 ( I think ) Their is julio again plotting something with the pope tell a cute nun that she will be the next void. What happened after that?

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen