AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-03-01, 18:32   Link #141
DragonIsseiHyodoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
He should've at least gotten a solo cover when he was (still) the 3rd most popular character (if his popularity dropped for some reason since then). But if it hasn't dropped, then one really has to wonder why he hasn't gotten a cover.

It's not about popularity. It's probably just Miyama's own whims and bias that are to blame here.
Miyama probably just like drawing girls. Yes maybe he/she has some bias and draw males when they feel like they need to. Maybe the final cover could have Issei. For women....He could draw Issei without a shirt but with his jacket. XD Show off those muscles and abs. Lol
DragonIsseiHyodoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 18:47   Link #142
KnightShade

I was honestly turned off by the vali beefcake cover for v21 lol, was expecting classic dante ala DMC but i got donte instead.
Old 2018-03-02, 08:31   Link #143
Lucidrago

Well Miyama has improved somewhat but his male designs just seem a little too goofy in my opinion. And not macho enough. The only males that look manly that Miyama has drawn are Sairaorg and Barakiel. If the guy has soft features and isn't very handsome like Kiba or Vali then it ends up looking very weird. Even the very handsome guys look kind of weird and in some cases, girlish. Issei's illustrations have just looked weird. Especially when Miyama draws Issei with no shirt. Like someone just pasted Issei's face on a model's body. Miyama has improved somewhat on that but you can tell Miyama's strength is in drawing females.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-03-02 at 10:34.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 08:34   Link #144
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^That's true. Honestly, I think DxD's illustrations should be done by SlashDog's illustrator. That guy is much better at it. Even in drawing males.
Old 2018-03-02, 09:46   Link #145
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
^That's true. Honestly, I think DxD's illustrations should be done by SlashDog's illustrator. That guy is much better at it. Even in drawing males.
agreed, tobio and azazel especially look badass

Last edited by KnightShade; 2018-03-02 at 09:57.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 10:38   Link #146
Roxanne
メンバー

Spoiler for some illustrations of vol 2:
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 10:39   Link #147
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Violet There is a thread for Volume 2
Old 2018-03-19, 15:58   Link #148
Roxanne
メンバー

Spoiler for illustrations for vol 2:

@CCPDarkraiRules what?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 22:26   Link #149
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

He meant there was a separate thread for the second volume (now that S/D is a multivolume work), and each volume tend to have its own tread... so yeah
Old 2018-05-27, 20:11   Link #150
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

This just in: The extended ending of Volume 1.

And Ishibumi decided to go a bit Gen Urobuchi.

The scene is basically a bloodbath involving a church agent storming a devil peerage led by a 18-year-old girl in an old school building in Italy. Details will follow in about an hour, but one thing for sure, a Holy Sword was involved (my money's on Arondight)
Old 2018-05-27, 21:27   Link #151
thefreakmike

@Ariel Guess you just lost a bet
Spoiler for Holy sword:
Old 2018-05-28, 01:13   Link #152
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
This just in: The extended ending of Volume 1.

And Ishibumi decided to go a bit Gen Urobuchi.

The scene is basically a bloodbath involving a church agent storming a devil peerage led by a 18-year-old girl in an old school building in Italy. Details will follow in about an hour, but one thing for sure, a Holy Sword was involved (my money's on Arondight)
Church agent, 18-year old girl, old school building. I just thought of a hentai when I saw those words.

Wonder what became of this badass exorcist. I wonder if he's still alive in DxD. And if he is, he most likely is a Brave Saint.

But he's most likely going to die in Slash Dog. As it seems the 'badass' mentor characters to the crazy villains end up dying. Like Augusta was killed by Tobio.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-05-28 at 03:06.
Old 2018-05-28, 13:01   Link #153
DragonOsman
Dragon King

David seems like a great guy, though. But yeah, I think he's either dead or imprisoned somewhere in DxD. And either the crimson sword given to Rias is the same Galatine/Galantine (however it's spelled) that David has in SlashDog or it's a second or third generation version.

Freed was already crazy even back then. I'm guessing he got crazier because of whatever happened to David.

Anyway, I'm totally rooting for Suzaku since she wants to accept even her family darkness. She's a great person.

I'm interested in meeting Genbu, Ouryuu and Byakko because of what was said about them. Suzaku and Seiryuu seem to be good people at least which is good.

I wonder who that devil that David killed was. Too bad she wasn't even important enough to have had her name dropped.

According to Le Fay on the DxD Universe Discord, the line

Quote:
"I should give thanks to the archangel Gabriel-sama for once again slowly raising my faith!”
Actually says
Quote:
Seems like my faith will rise once again, and before long I will be able to see even archangel Gabriel-sama's breasts!
Perverted exorcist version of Ise.

And he also said that the Japanese raw for the chant for Tobio's Balance Breaker as the same as in the WN version and Jerutz just translated it differently here for some reason.

But yeah, Tobio's Balance Breaker is great. I love it. Would've been good if he could control it, but I guess you can't have too much all at once. The Balance Breaker may be too powerful to control yet. Good think Hanezu got killed, though. And that Sae is fine. The bit about the school Azazel is having them go to is interesting.
Old 2018-05-28, 13:23   Link #154
Lucidrago

Well we see how powerful his Balance Breaker is in Volume 24.
Old 2018-05-28, 14:37   Link #155
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but I just like seeing his Balance Breaker. And that chant.
Old 2018-05-28, 14:46   Link #156
Lucidrago

His Abyss-side Balance Breaker (I'm not saying that long name) is awesome. Way better than [Night Celestial Slash Dogs].

But I feel that David was most likely killed in Slash Dog. Probably by Freed.
Old 2018-05-28, 16:14   Link #157
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, of course it's more powerful. I think that's kind of the point.
Old 2018-05-28, 17:31   Link #158
Lucidrago

@Osman Some stuff that has been translated by the guys on the Discord has been doubtful or wrong at best.

It seems like David killing the devils was kind of pointing to DxD. Female high-class devil of high school age performing devils' job with her peerage in an old school building.
Old 2018-05-28, 18:35   Link #159
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@Osman Some stuff that has been translated by the guys on the Discord has been doubtful or wrong at best.
Could you provide some examples, please?
Spoiler for WN chant:

Spoiler for LN chant:

And about Freed's words. He says こりゃまた俺の信仰が高まってそろそろ大天使ガブリエルさまのお乳でも拝めそうってか! Even if you don't know Japanese, you could see 大天使ガブリエルさまのお乳. 大天使ガブリエルさま means "archangel Gabriel-sama", お乳 means "breasts". の is a particle that indicates possessive. So we pretty much have "Gabriel-sama's breasts". Not to mention that there's nothing that indicates Gabriel raising Freed's faith.
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 18:44   Link #160
Lucidrago

I just mean that nom@n is really the best translator we have. I'm not sure how accurate Jerutz's translations are, but you could be wrong.

I just really don't trust exact translations from most people unless they prove to be reliable translators. We can get a general idea of what is going on. But the details of what is said and done, now that is where the problem arises.

Tags
demons, fantasy, supernatural