AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-12, 22:21   Link #101
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I see, that makes sense..I guess it can't be up to 300+ but maybe 200 lol.
but episode 3 makes me question this system. That robot guy killed people so that his CC goes down to safe zone, why doesn't Mido being so ? Not to mention, the robot guy (I really doesn't remember his name) has killed 3 people and being paralyzed, when the guy in eps one only killed one IIRC and raped one girl , thus blown to bits already.

Does that mean this system itself decide whether the person can be "treated" or not?
Old 2012-11-13, 01:53   Link #102
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
but episode 3 makes me question this system. That robot guy killed people so that his CC goes down to safe zone, why doesn't Mido being so ? Not to mention, the robot guy (I really doesn't remember his name) has killed 3 people and being paralyzed, when the guy in eps one only killed one IIRC and raped one girl , thus blown to bits already.
This is a source of constant confusion I wished the series would do more to clear up. The factory worker's CC was not reduced by the murders he committed. In fact, it was probably shooting way up with every person he killed. It was his Hue reading that returned to a "normal" muddy green each time he murdered a co-worker, not his CC. Recall that the factory was literally outside of the Net, which meant that the workers' Psycho-Pass readings were not being monitored by the Sibyl System.

As of now, I'm still not clear what the Psycho-Pass reading consists of. It's strongly implied in Ep3 that it's not the same as the Hue reading, which appears to measure short-term stress. The Psycho-Pass number, on the other hand, appears to measure a person's long-term psychological profile, and likely incorporates both Hue and CC readings.
Old 2012-11-14, 02:15   Link #103
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh my god, that's such a twisted sense of humor lol. There's that scene where those cute little forensics robots are taking evidence back. And then you realize that they're scraping up body parts and pieces from the drainage. Yikes. Also, the alcohol bottle became an epic plot device. Sweet!

Also, we have a pawn and there's a villain that's one hell of a troll. Although that brings up a certain idea that many people aren't able to create-- they just copy and end up being empty and hollow. I wonder if that's someone's commentary on the entertainment industry,

And ah, decent character development as well. It's not the type of job where you want to get attached to others.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-14, 03:11   Link #104
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just caught up with the newest episode today, have been in my "not watching anime" mode for the past few months. Pretty good series so far though the society is a bit too dystopian for me. Feels like a mix of Minority Report and Ghost in the Shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, we have a pawn and there's a villain that's one hell of a troll. Although that brings up a certain idea that many people aren't able to create-- they just copy and end up being empty and hollow. I wonder if that's someone's commentary on the entertainment industry,
Feels more like a statement regarding society than just the entertainment industry.

I think we are all just copies of others but then again, no copy are similar. Each copy are altered according to individual's perception much like how all the Avatar are altered to suit the viewer's perception instead of the creator's in this case.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:54   Link #105
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally....about time the psycho nerd got turned into bloody mist....was really starting to annoy me.

Was the dragon mimicking necessary though? Can't you just use the Dominator to scan for the target? After all it should have better sensors than mere visual.

Quote:
Just wondering about at what crime coefficient level the gun enters what mode, from the episodes so far if it exceeds at least 100 it enters paralyser mode, but what about lethal mode?
The woman in the first case had a crime coefficient of 190 when it entered lethal mode, but the factory worker exceeded 200 and it was still paralyser mode? Any other thoughts?
I say plot hole....because the staff needed first impressions of the Dominator mediated system to have a strong enough impact on the audience.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:56   Link #106
Terizent
Nonsense!

Actually, the Dominator will only "automatically" go to Lethal Eliminator if the CC is over 300.

However, Lethal Eliminator may be authorized at a lower CC considering the circumstances. The Dominator must have registered that the girl was going to set the gasoline (and with it, Kogami) on fire.
Closed Thread