AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-26, 06:54   Link #1
Darius Drake

Vesper Walda Vasska, The Vespidian

Vesper Walda Vasska, The Vespidian

Image copied from Royalroad site as cover art for this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author's (Sintress's) Blurb
Vesper was a social drop out who spent far too much time playing games in her underground lair, also known as her parent’s basement. Lately she had been addicted to the latest VRRPG called The Shattered Realms Online. Little did she know her world was about to be turned inside out and the safe little bubble that she had created would burst, thrusting her into a strange new world. No, not some magical adventure through a realm of swords and magic, the real world. After all, outside the safe concrete walls there were Super Heroes and Villains.

Naturally she would be surprised to join their ranks, but with the way she looks who exactly would listen to her let alone accept her rather than shooting her on sight? It is hard being a bug monster after all. Can she survive the prejudices of being a sub human monster or will it consume her? What is that thing prowling around within her mind, does it mean her harm or will it become her strength? Can she rise above and become a Hero or will she fall prey to the depravities of the world and turn to Villainy.

“I thought getting exposed to superpower stuff was supposed to make you sexy and shit!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Author's (Sintress's) Comments/Description
This is a Dark Comedy poking fun at Super Heroes and Villains a like.

Fair warning Vesper is a foul mouth so expect cursing and she is anything but a pure minded person so expect sexual content, whether that be her progressively deranged humor or acts themselves. I have not really gone into graphic detail, trying to avoid that. Just know her happy place is not what you might expect. Tentacles and dildoes oh my, you have been warned

Categories: Action , Adventure , Comedy , Fantasy , Gender Bender , Horror , Mature , Psychological , Sci-Fi , Slice of Life , Supernatural , Virtual Reality , Original
This is new on Royalroad, but Sixteen Chapters making up Two Story Parts has convinced me that this is a good story that would likely "last the distance".

My interpretation of the story:

Vesper Walda Vasska, The Vespidian is the story of a Neet becoming a Super, in a world filled with them. Except, this isn't your typical shounen style "Power-up and become awesome" story, nor is it the alternative of "If I become strong enough, people'll ignore what I look like and respect me for who I am" story. This is a lot more... real world, and a lot darker for it.

See, Vesper doesn't become the stereotypical drop-dead gorgeous, supermodel's body Super Heroine. No, she becomes a terrifying bug lady, and super's have been common enough for long enough that humanity has, by and large, regulated the "unappealing mutants", of which she appears to be a part of, to the slums.

...Oh, and I don't know how Virtual Reality is a part of the story. It's been mentioned, sure, but hasn't been anything more than a minor part of the story so far.

3 Questions:
Harem: I'm saying no. The author hasn't included it in their tags, and... spoilers. Short version, it doesn't look like she's getting a harem. Also, you know, her being a BUG GIRL does "scare off" a number of potential suitors, in various ways.
SnuSnu: Won't be described, even if it happens.
OP: Nope. Oh come on, yes she's got super powers, but she isn't in the world-leading class. Those who ARE OP have actually been mentioned in the story, and there's two of them, neither of which she could put a fight up against. Actually, she could have difficulty challenging many of the Professional Super's in her home town to a straight up fight, and they're nowhere near those two's levels.

Other comments: I'm honestly surprised to like this story. It's a bit darker than what I would normally attempt to read, but the similarities in the basic plot with another, completed, story about a person with Super Powers who can't become a typical Super Hero gave me enough interest to actually try it. The comedy managed to keep it just below my threshold of too dark for me, and cause me to enjoy it.

Oh, and the "your connection isn't secure, do you really want to go to this site" problem's popping up for me when I try to enter here, so I might not reply to comments in any reasonable time frame. FYI.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 07:56   Link #2
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

A web novel that actually sounds original? Amazing. Kind of reminds me of Worm.

Tags
monster girl, smart mc, super powers