AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-02-08, 00:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 855 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's get this thing started! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "Rumbling" (more specifically, the onomatopoeia for a growling stomach). No splash info yet.

-Charlotte Bobbin recovers from Sanji's attack. It's revealed that he has a bounty of 100,500,000 berry, and seems to have a DF ability that causes people to fall asleep. He uses that ability to knock out the surrounding soldiers, and decides to hunt down Sanji himself....

-In the mirror world, Chopper's gang finally discover Big Mom's room! Peeking inside, they spot her holding Brooke in her hands while she's slumbering. However, before the gang can make their move..... Big Mom shatters the mirror! As it turns out, she was only half asleep! Furthermore, her three personal homies are awakened by the noise, and proceed to further destroy the mirror!

-Meanwhile, outside the castle, Sanji is running through town, bento in hand. The food ends up attracting a hungry dog. Back in the mirror world, Chopper's group come up with a new plan: They head to an execution site, where they gather bones of the deceased. They then use those bones to create a fake Brooke! The gang then returns to BM's room (summary didn't specify if they came back via mirror or not), and this time, manage to successfully switch Brooke with the decoy skeleton....

-Back in the town, Sanji arrives at the location where Luffy promised to wait. However, he has trouble finding his friend amidst the heaps of defeated soldiers. Back in the mirror realm, Brooke is finally reunited with Chopper's gang. And that's not all..... as upon opening his skull, he reveals that he obtained the copy of the Poneglyph, as well! Everyone celebrates the mission's success, noting that the only task left is to bring back Sanji. Back at the promised place, the chef in question hears a loud rumbling noise in the distance. He soon discovers that it came from none other than Luffy... who now has a face like a mummy due to suffering from starvation. Nonetheless, Sanji is glad to properly reunite with his friend again, to the point of tears....!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 01:58   Link #2
WyrdMonger

This is gonna be a chapter of raw feels.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 13:03   Link #3
Rainbowman

Things are certainly looking better this chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 09:16   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Such a fun chapter!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 09:31   Link #5
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Sanji arc literally Brook rule arc
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 11:06   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I almost give up in saving Brook but seems like they did a right thing to do such a high-risk task to save him from Big Mom
and how did he stuffed those papers on his skull
Brook... you're the MVP of this arc
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 11:51   Link #7
marvelB

So, it did take multiple attempts to rescue Brooke, after all. And yeah, it's great to see our bone man was successful in his task. Heck, that's not even counting the fact he faced off against a Yonkou and lived to tell the tale (guess him being dead already helped, lol ). Yep, Brooke is the man this arc, even despite his battle against BM being off-screened....

Anyways, time for a proper Luffy/Sanji reunion!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 13:30   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Bobbin was actually 155 million in bounty.

I do hope that his sleep ability render straw hats "immune" since becasue of Brook's Lullaby Flan that brings enemies to sleep.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 15:05   Link #9
necrolyte

Finally some real development. Really liked this chapter and well Brook really is the MVP in this arc I just hope that they will succeed now to escape without fighting BM cuz it will be too unbelievable to beat her now when Luffy is so wasted.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 16:48   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Based Brooke. He sure knows how to use his brain. I loved the multiple attempts to rescue him. They're lucky Big Mom never actually woke up.

I can't wait for Sanji and Luffy's reunion next week.
Old 2017-02-09, 19:16   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Also... Bobbin is Luffy's natural enemy... if he follows Sanji to him, I think it will be up to Sanji to take him out... But how will he avoid falling asleep as well? Hmm...

And with everything now Favoring the Strawhats, it would seem like they could make an easy escape... Of course I doubt that will happen and Sanji may return to the wedding to try and save his sister or warn the Germa... Or maybe Luffy will just end up wanting to start a fight with Big Mom

Last edited by Tommy; 2017-02-09 at 19:34.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 20:26   Link #12
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Also... Bobbin is Luffy's natural enemy... if he follows Sanji to him, I think it will be up to Sanji to take him out... But how will he avoid falling asleep as well? Hmm...

And with everything now Favoring the Strawhats, it would seem like they could make an easy escape... Of course I doubt that will happen and Sanji may return to the wedding to try and save his sister or warn the Germa... Or maybe Luffy will just end up wanting to start a fight with Big Mom
Straw Hats was quite immune to sleep spell you know.. Just how Brook are doing with Lullaby Flan that puts everyone to sleep which Sanji need to kick Luffy ASAP to snap him out while he's quite unaffected by it because of Brook's Lullaby Flan.
Old 2017-02-10, 00:32   Link #13
The Small One

A comic chapter once in a while.
However it doesn't really make sense that none of the homies rang an alarm when intruders get into BM's bedroom.
Technically the SH now have everything they came for. And by using the mirror world they can even escape safely. But I doubt it will go this way.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 01:15   Link #14
itachi-san314

Haha! That Brooke rescue scene was hilarious! Also great to see that Bobbin will be highlighted soon. He's my favorite BM underling so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
However it doesn't really make sense that none of the homies rang an alarm when intruders get into BM's bedroom.
Because they're idiots?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 20:39   Link #15
noktown

Damn, Nami really needs to show some panties to my homie Brooke right there.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 16:25   Link #16
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He should get Reige and say: "Why should I listen to you" (like what he did with Robin)
Old 2017-02-12, 05:29   Link #17
Gilly

Bobbin was in the Enraged Army's front line, and he was still standing (and apparently unharmed) after Luffy got taken down. So what's up with that low bounty?

And I wonder how he's able to put people to sleep. There's a non-canon DF called Nemu Nemu no Mi that can do that, so Bobbin can't have eaten it.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 10:21   Link #18
Ramero

Is Hypno Hypno fruit already introduced in this story? I suspect that he may have hypnotize abilities.
Old 2017-02-15, 01:57   Link #19
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I think Kaido's devil fruit power is a dragon.

1.) It could explain why he cannot die or take any damage, since dragons are known to have scales that can not be pierced. Also being the king of beasts/mythical creatures, a dragon would fit that title well.

2.) Kinemon also having dragon powers could be the key to defeating Kaido as dragons (atleast in some western cultures) also have the myth that only other dragons can harm them eg dragon claws, teeth.

3.) Dragons also usually come in pairs representing some kind of duality. So if there is one dragon already tied to his story line it would make sense that he is somehow the opposite or opposing force to this young dragon as an old/invincible dragon you hear about in epic tales.

4.) Crackpot theory slightly but it could also show us that Ceazar and Doflamingo were up to something on Punk Hazard regarding Kaido's devil fruit powers. Kinemon ate a fruit developed there and also the mechanical dragon at the island as well. They could have either been working with Kaido trying to further research his powers/help him kill himself...or they could have been working behind his back trying to develop counter measures.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote