AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-14, 16:33   Link #61
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is the crime Ren stopped so bad that the audience shouldn't know it? I think he stopped a sexual assault (didn't play the game) but I don't get why the woman didn't say anything. I liked his interaction with Ryuji but Morgana and Ann are still a big mystery
the women made a face like she didn't want to get more involved or want to help him out

Last edited by G0rd0; 2018-04-14 at 16:51.
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 16:43   Link #62
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is the crime Ren stopped so bad that the audience shouldn't know it?
There... no way to answer that without it being spoiled, because it isn't and it is at the same time.
Old 2018-04-14, 17:07   Link #63
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If there are any questions about the show, the deal is basically this: If the show does its job well, there are questions that will not be answered until later. A lot of questions are therefore very difficult to answer without spoiling something, and even saying "the answer to that is a spoiler" can in and of itself be considered a spoiler.

Now, I don't really like telling people to not ask questions but... Try to let the show answer your questions on its own time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 18:44   Link #64
bakato

As shit as that fight scene was, I learned that Morgana is actually wearing a mask.
Old 2018-04-14, 19:15   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I expected the animation to be bad since that was the case for P4, so I guess I'm not really disappointed. References to the game were neat though.

I found a few of the changes odd and unnecessary, but it's not like they'll affect anything in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If there are any questions about the show, the deal is basically this: If the show does its job well, there are questions that will not be answered until later. A lot of questions are therefore very difficult to answer without spoiling something, and even saying "the answer to that is a spoiler" can in and of itself be considered a spoiler.

Now, I don't really like telling people to not ask questions but... Try to let the show answer your questions on its own time.
Anime only watchers should be free to ask any question they have, so long as what they're looking for is discussion/speculation and not an answer in the form of spoiler. If they want the latter, they're also free to go ask them in the game thread, although I wouldn't recommend it. Better to let the show answer them in due time, as you said.
Old 2018-04-14, 20:54   Link #66
xeviouses

So, apparently we won't be getting the actual OP until ep4. Can't blame them for the extra time, they're rushing enough as it is and the P5 game OP was too awesome to top.
Old 2018-04-14, 22:56   Link #67
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

What....is this fighting animation? It looks so cheap. The all-out-attacks and Joker's pose after that was laughable. It would be way better if they just stuck the game one into it. Much more stylish
Old 2018-04-15, 02:04   Link #68
bercerus

i think the OP visual is just temporary. since it just compilation of existing scene + reuse of animation in anime announcement teaser.
bercerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 02:56   Link #69
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Guys, when we first meet the girl in the game she was already bruised. They changed the order of events to see how she ended up bruised in the first place. I don't think there's a reason to jump the gun here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I expected the animation to be bad since that was the case for P4, so I guess I'm not really disappointed. References to the game were neat though.

I found a few of the changes odd and unnecessary, but it's not like they'll affect anything in the long run.

Anime only watchers should be free to ask any question they have, so long as what they're looking for is discussion/speculation and not an answer in the form of spoiler. If they want the latter, they're also free to go ask them in the game thread, although I wouldn't recommend it. Better to let the show answer them in due time, as you said.
All I'm trying to do is prevent situations where people have to respond "I can't answer that without spoiling", which is a spoiler in and of itself.
Old 2018-04-15, 03:18   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trying to watch this disregarding my knowledge of the game events, the story is rushed AF. While not exactly skipped, Ryuji wraps up Kamoshida's crimes in less than a minute, and shadow Kamoshida just skims through Ryuji's backstory with the track team. Igor's segments are also quite fast, he never stops between his lines.

Animation-wise...well, if they're going for such a gamey feel, couldn't they just use the animation from the game? At least this first attempt was rather poor, and the fight looked like something out of the 90's.

Thinking about the whole project, even if it's rushed to the limits, there really is too much to cover. Taking 4 episodes per arc would still be cramming exposition into every episode, but I am also against overlooking the side characters - the social link stories are 50% of the game's plot, and Daybreakers showed that a single mementos mission can turn into a standalone episode, so who in their right mind would disregard so much plot material?

P.S: Kawakami is more of a delinquent than Ryuji; she dresses too casual for a teacher and has that perpetual look of doing something troublesome.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 05:10   Link #71
Random14

Ugh, the artwork. I know their budget can't be that big, but for their first group fight, that was ugly. The game looked much better, although that's partially due to how bad this was and how good the game animation was. And still no opening? At least I hope that's not the opening, since like half of it was just scenes from the first episode. And the ending wasn't good either (unless that's just temporary too).

Huh, they had a Kanami cameo. Well, those cameos were in the game too, but I'm kind of curious if they'll keep it up. And its kind of fun to keep an eye out for the foreshadowing.

They're sure rushing, but they do have a lot of story to cover (and probably have to cut back to the interrogation framing device occasionally too). Kind of silly that they go through all of that, and Ryuji forgets to introduce himself until the end, but then that's partially due to the rushed pacing. At least at this speed its easy to rush past all the "He's horrible" moments. Its so one-sided its boring.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 07:15   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think the earliest parts will get hit the hardest by the "trimming". Really, once the plot gets going, the game starts having a lot of useless fat. I mean from a narrative perspective. It works for the game, not so much for an animated work. I expect more or less the same deal as Persona 4. Skipping the dungeons for the most part to get to the boss faster. Condensing the confidant stories, in particular the ones for side characters. And sticking to what's important.
Old 2018-04-15, 07:47   Link #73
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

QUALITY hit a bit too fast here. Some parts were corny to watch, hope next episode is better.
Kamoshida, totally not a bad individual .
Old 2018-04-15, 10:33   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Hmm? The rape is retconned?
Maybe they expect people assume it occurred. If a guy is in a back room and a girl is actively refusing, then a rape is in progress. If no interruption is shown in the next episodes, then the rape happened. He pretty much slugged her once. It's game over if he gets another one in. Showing the rape elevates the maturity rating level of the anime and decreases its audience exposure for disc sales imo.
Old 2018-04-15, 10:59   Link #75
Twi

I thought it was just coming next episode since we see the bruise before the incident that led to the really bad thing.
Old 2018-04-15, 11:32   Link #76
Wandering Soul

Definitely not impressed animation wise, but I guess that was to be expected. I also expect that quite a few of the early arcs will rushed through to get to the real meat of the story. It might work for the story, but characterization will suffer a bit for it.
Old 2018-04-15, 12:54   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is pretty bad. P4 and the Golden anime were actually pretty decent. Had to hurry some things, but it still worked pretty well. This is like watching someone speed run the game on youtube with 144p visual quality. The first episode was painfully rushed. You could have easily added some action to that starting scene and end the first episode before the persona awakening scene.

P5 may just be too dense for a 2-cour run. Maybe 3 or heck just a full year might make more sense. The story itself takes place over a long period of time and there's more than enough side stories to pace it out.

I feel as if the story is teleporting at time with no room to breathe. Boom they trapped Kamoshida in the jail, then boom they are out of there, and then boom the MC is being confronted about being late. Take a breathe story!

This is just not going to be very good. There is a lot to cover, but the decision to cram this story into too few episodes is the core of the problem. Try to cover the entire LOTR trilogy of books in a 90 minute movie. It's going to be a mess. Adaptations need to consider what is feasible. This is going to be 2 cours that feel rushed the entire time.
Old 2018-04-15, 14:11   Link #78
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

First episode didn't feel all that rushed to me. Arguments can be made for the second. Anyway I don't believe it'll be a train wreck. Persona 4 was "rushed", but still an amusing watch.

Also, you really have to wonder if it looks rushed from the perspective of somebody who doesn't know what was trimmed out. Do the things that get left out leave any questions that needed answering?

I would also note that the first 3-5 hours of the game are painfully slow. Not as slow as Persona 4, but still slow.
Old 2018-04-15, 16:20   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Something I don't get: why do they care so much about volley ball?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 16:22   Link #80
Twi

The same reason American Schools and Colleges care about Basketball and Football. I mean, I don't like sports in general, but I can understand why. Still stupid considering people are getting hurt.