AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 21:33   Link #201
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My suspicion is that the "impurities" thing may get shunted aside as Nagi becomes distracted by modern life (note how she is entranced by the tv) and we'll probably see her get caught up in some idol stuff as the OP portrays. At some point, the impurities will grow til some crisis emerges. Then we may find out whether this is a bittersweet tale or not.

Pure speculation on my part of course as I've not read the manga (there are 5 volumes out --- putting it on my "getto" list).

Guilty pleasure: I could listen to Kannagi's first sound after bursting from her statue ... um, repeatedly.
Interesting...My impression was the OP was just the production team having fun or something and was pretty much unrelated to how the show was going to progress...I especially thought so seeing how Jin is portrayed in it as some sort of jerkass manager...But then maybe he has it in him somewhere to become such a person...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:05   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for idol stuff:
I'm coming to the conclusion that the underwear thing is part of the humor. We can explain that she has heard people talk about TV, bras, etc., but all these things may be meant to be WTF moments.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:26   Link #203
Falkor

I think I found my favorite show of the Fall Season...

For the past few days I have been watching a little bit of everything from let’s say Macademi Wasshoi! and Ga-rei Zero to Hyakko and To aru Majutsu no index. This show, so far, is one of the best this season has to offer—especially in the comedy/slice-of-life genre, which I always look forward to.

I wonder how different would have been the show if Yamakan was not involved in the first place—no more delicious opening/ending, I guess. But really, I would have missed this show in its entirety if I haven’t read about some of the staff/seiyuus who are working on this anime. I believe, in the end, that was primarily the reason why this show suddenly became part on my must-watch list, and now, one of my favorites…

What can I seriously say? This is an outstanding job and I have little to no complaints about it. The humor is simply great; the characters are nothing short of lovable and likeable; the animation is very smooth (much better than any other show); and the story/premise seems more promising than I first thought.

Everybody has already described parts of what I liked about the show, so there’s almost nothing I can add, or actually say without being redundant. But one detail that caught my attention—a curious thing if I’m allowed to say—is the way the hands are animated—or drawn in this case. I don’t know if I’m sort of exaggerating the attributes of this anime, because it’s the first time, I must admit, that I have paid attention to this kind of detail. In my opinion, it helps the show define the characters slightly better, or use the motion of the hands to convey the body language I always love to see.

So yeah, I’m looking forward to more…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:31   Link #204
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
about the dress thing.. i guess it goes to show that "don't judge the book by it's cover". It's like when you buy a cereal in a convenience store only to open it with flakes inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well actually, the "Puwaaaah!" SFX was in the start of the manga as well.
cept, there isn't any actual voice at all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for idol stuff:
i'm amused at how they interpret the manga.

Quote:
Nagi is forced to move in with Jin and tries to accept her new existence by taking out her anger in squashing bugs....er, cleaning the "Impurities".
no offence to them

as for the idol-thingy..
(i'll say one thing just incase)

Spoiler for manga:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:44   Link #205
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I personally love the art style of this anime, it really reminds me of an animated children's film. (Especially that first part.)
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:11   Link #206
Heresiarch

Very sweet stuff, definetly following it. Good replacement of Oinarisama.
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:32   Link #207
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

and a good comedy relief for the hard day work and i just hope it is a good ending

Spoiler for Question:
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:44   Link #208
loltan

Haruka Tomatsu has a really nice singing voice imo...

Dammit I can't stop thinking of Lala everytime I hear Nagi talk.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 10:26   Link #209
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Interesting...My impression was the OP was just the production team having fun or something and was pretty much unrelated to how the show was going to progress...I especially thought so seeing how Jin is portrayed in it as some sort of jerkass manager...But then maybe he has it in him somewhere to become such a person...
The first episode hints at Nagi feeling depressed due to people not believing in the supernatural anymore. I'm pretty sure the actual plot will be about how they must make people idolize Nagi so that her powers come back. It's a pun on the concept, probably.

Also, one of the bonus illustrations to be released on the DVD feature Nagi and her sister cosplaying as Nia and Yoko from Gurren-Lagann.

And I suppose I can't hide my bias.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 11:46   Link #210
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
...But one detail that caught my attention—a curious thing if I’m allowed to say—is the way the hands are animated—or drawn in this case. I don’t know if I’m sort of exaggerating the attributes of this anime, because it’s the first time, I must admit, that I have paid attention to this kind of detail. In my opinion, it helps the show define the characters slightly better, or use the motion of the hands to convey the body language I always love to see.…
The last time I really noticed how well hands were done in an anime was Lucky Star -- which was also directed by Yamakan.

As someone said before, I sure hope they can afford to keep up this level of animation. One of my guesses for why KyoAni fired Yamakan was that he wasn't handling the budget properly....

note re Yamakan: The guy's name is Yamamoto Yutaka 山本 寛, but he is often called "Yamakan" for short. The kanji pronounced Yutaka 寛 can also be pronounced "kan" (and then it means "lenient," or "broad"). The word for "director" is kantoku 監督. So a short form of "Director Yamamoto" ("Yamamoto kantoku") would be "Yamakan," which is also a sort of mispronunciation of the way his name is written.

Just to show how complex Japanese writing is, and especially names, at first I kept making the mistake of pronouncing his given name "Hiroshi," which is a more normal way of pronouncing 寛 as a name.

2channel: I see this show beginning to take off on 2channel. It's up to 16 threads now (15,000 posts). Toradora is at 20, To Aru Majutsu no Index is at 9. Those appear to be the most posted-about new shows, except for sequels like Gundam, Clannad, ef, etc., whose threads are continuations of before, so I can't tell how many posts are about the new show. And Kurogane no Linebarrels is at 13 threads, but it was at 8 or so before the show started: the fans are (justifiably) disappointed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:39   Link #211
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Spoiler for Question:
The manga hasn't ended yet.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:05   Link #212
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I just watched episode 1 again. Partly because I'm bored and waiting for other new stuff to come out, but also because Kannagi is enjoyable more than once. Nagi makes the funniest noises. And why does Jin have a bandaid on his nose? Will it be there forever?
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:12   Link #213
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Checked it out because I thought the plot was hilarious. Deities trying to become idols.

But it turned out to be pretty good. Good animation, moe female lead, catchy OP, classy ED. Despite only showing two characters in the entire first ep, they kept me laughing quite easily. I will follow this and Toradora for my comedy needs.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 02:17   Link #214
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Gee. I really like this one. The production values are good. Love the opening theme and the characters are bright and cheerful. Definitely among my favorites this season.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 02:46   Link #215
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
There's something in this show that just makes you want to like it. Yeah, the concept has been done to death, but after going through the first episode, the charm is definitely there and I'm liking Nagi's character quite a bit since her acclimatization to human society does offer some good possibilities. The only thing I'd take fault with are some of the fanservicey elements that were more of a distraction rather than adding to the humor.

Still, it's got a good vibe to it. Will be eager to see where this one goes.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 06:22   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
The only thing I'd take fault with are some of the fanservicey elements that were more of a distraction rather than adding to the humor.
See i like the fanservice scenes because without them it wouldn't be very realistic --- we'd be seeing a young boy who of course has these kind of situations in is head, though doesn't show it at all. It would just feel quite strange.

Also i love the Yoko and Nia cosplay. I haven't decided yet if i'll be buying this show, though i'm rather tempted.
Old 2008-10-10, 07:57   Link #217
Sho`

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
I just watched episode 1 again. Partly because I'm bored and waiting for other new stuff to come out, but also because Kannagi is enjoyable more than once. Nagi makes the funniest noises. And why does Jin have a bandaid on his nose? Will it be there forever?
Spoiler for scene:

His brother ww.
Sho` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 08:14   Link #218
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The more I watch this, the more I felt it is tree hugging by other means.
Old 2008-10-10, 16:10   Link #219
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
第二幕『玉音アタック!』
脚本(Script):倉田 英之(Hideyuki Kurata, he is probably writing the whole show)、絵コンテ(Storyboard):畑博之(Hiroyuki Hata)、演出(Director):鎌倉由実(Yumi Kamakura)、作画監督(Animation Director):沼田誠也(Seiya Numata)
Numata? Really? I like him, but I didn't want to watch his animation in Kannagi. I'll have to look to Kadowaki for his support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As someone said before, I sure hope they can afford to keep up this level of animation. One of my guesses for why KyoAni fired Yamakan was that he wasn't handling the budget properly....
It's schedule management, not budget. It seems that he did the same thing once again and that Kannagi is with a very tight schedule. You might want to prepare yourself.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 16:31   Link #220
rg4619

Quote:
Could be, but no one knows if he was even fired for performance reasons. The move was unanticipated..........made very late at night, so they were suddenly shocked and angry about something. In light of Yamamoto's rising status within the company, some speculate that KyoAni resorted to such drastic measures to avoid a potential scandal and/or set an example (therefore, rumors range from unethical handling of funds to improper flirtation with a subordinate employee. The latter sounds outrageous, but I guess anything's possible, especially if the culture is more female-inclusive than at other companies).

No one's elaborating (details could certainly hurt people's careers or give a company a bad name), so we'll probably never know.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen