AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 15:37   Link #561
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yet I would ALMOST prefer to watch an anime with a psychotic axe-swinging girl. They should get to work on it
2nd'ing JediNight, they should totally make Mirai Nikki: the Anime. That girl makes psycho hot.

More on Taiga: maybe the novels did a little too good of a job sticking to Takasu's viewpoint (don't worry, LKK, I'm not going to spoil stuff and I won't continue much longer), or perhaps it's because I didn't approach the pieces thinking "tsundere" in my head, but I really started out having a really hard time figuring her out, like Ryuuji did and like many of first-time watchers in this thread apparently do.

It took the manga and a reread/more reading of the translated light novels [why are we calling them light novels and not novellas again? Is it a Japanese genre thing or...?] to let me get a glimpse of what she really feels when she shouts out them abusive words that everyone's protesting against.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:20   Link #562
Hakuryu
Klutz

Freebie avatars from Episode 1.

Old 2008-10-06, 16:28   Link #563
Physco Fish

Send a message via AIM to Physco Fish
Am I the only one here who noticed similarities between Ryūji and Kenta Usui from Karin? Well, what ever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Freebie avatars from Episode 1.
I'm gonna use this one k?
Physco Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:29   Link #564
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physco Fish View Post
Am I the only one here who noticed similarities between Ryūji and Kenta Usui from Karin? Well, what ever...
No you aren't.

I don't really like Kenta though. Meh. Dunno why myself.

Hakuryu: Nice av's.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:31   Link #565
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
I'm gonna use this one k?
Sure, go ahead. ^^

I keep seeing Aisaka as Chiaki from Minami-ke. >.>;
Old 2008-10-06, 16:36   Link #566
matteas
Member Member

Aisaka as Chiaki? Me too, it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw her: "Hey, that girl looks like Chiaki..... And she is behaving a little like Chiaki too."
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:10   Link #567
JediNight
キズランダム

I can't stop laughing whenever I think of the scene where Ryuji first bumps into Taiga and gets socked in the face:

"Ah... Palmtop Ti--"

"Whatt'ya know-- it fits her perfectly..."

lmao...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:22   Link #568
Traece
:cool:

I sort of saw that one coming, unfortunately.

To begin with I was really reluctant about watching Toradora!, for whatever reason.

However, I'm very glad I let myself become a fan of this series, because it's fantastic. Even if it is cliche and a tad on the predictable side, it's beyond hilarious. It quickly impressed me with the good qualities put in it, as well as the fantastic hairstyling. The hair is beautiful, I'm loving it. I don't know why, but something about the hair in this series is just great.

Plus, the romance in this somehow strikes me as being a little unique. There's something about it that just has this unusual flare. Sure, two people relying on eachother for their individual crushes and falling in love with eachother instead isn't exactly new... But I suppose they way it all works out is somehow unique in its own.

I don't know. But Toradora! is definitely a fun show.

Edit: Who else noticed the presence of the Umbrella Corporation in Toradora!'s ending song?

Last edited by Traece; 2008-10-06 at 17:58. Reason: ZOMBIEEEEEEZ!
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:51   Link #569
JediNight
キズランダム

That's all you can really ask from a good series nowadays, IMHO. It's extremely hard to come up with a truly unique story unless you are going 100% mindfark on people. A good story is able to take familiar elements and populate it with interesting characters and enough of their own spin on things to make it their own.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:14   Link #570
Ketro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I sort of saw that one coming, unfortunately.

To begin with I was really reluctant about watching Toradora!, for whatever reason.

However, I'm very glad I let myself become a fan of this series, because it's fantastic. Even if it is cliche and a tad on the predictable side, it's beyond hilarious. It quickly impressed me with the good qualities put in it, as well as the fantastic hairstyling. The hair is beautiful, I'm loving it. I don't know why, but something about the hair in this series is just great.

Plus, the romance in this somehow strikes me as being a little unique. There's something about it that just has this unusual flare. Sure, two people relying on eachother for their individual crushes and falling in love with eachother instead isn't exactly new... But I suppose they way it all works out is somehow unique in its own.

I don't know. But Toradora! is definitely a fun show.

Edit: Who else noticed the presence of the Umbrella Corporation in Toradora!'s ending song?
Hmm, what gave that away, the appearance of umbrellas? XD
Hopefully there will be no zombies coming into the show
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:44   Link #571
LC
Shocking Pink

IMO, Toradora had a great first episode. I was really worried that the show was not going to be good, but now my fears have mostly disappeared.

Taiga and Ryuuji are hilarious to me. Taiga is often compared to Shana and Louise (I've never watched Zero no Tsukaima, but I know what it's premise is), but Shana is a lot different than Taiga. I didn't like Shana very much even after reading the novels, manga, and watching the show. (And I really tried to make myself like her.)

The animation could have been better, but the expressions were great. My favorite part was when Ryuuji found Taiga in the classroom.

When does the next episode come out? Tomorrow?
Old 2008-10-06, 20:53   Link #572
Ketro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
IMO, Toradora had a great first episode. I was really worried that the show was not going to be good, but now my fears have mostly disappeared.

Taiga and Ryuuji are hilarious to me. Taiga is often compared to Shana and Louise (I've never watched Zero no Tsukaima, but I know what it's premise is), but Shana is a lot different than Taiga. I didn't like Shana very much even after reading the novels, manga, and watching the show. (And I really tried to make myself like her.)

The animation could have been better, but the expressions were great. My favorite part was when Ryuuji found Taiga in the classroom.

I believe it airs every thursday, so your going to have to wait a bit longer
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:59   Link #573
typhonsentra

Hakuryu is my hero!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:59   Link #574
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Am I the only one here who noticed ...
Generally, typing that means that yes... many many people also noticed it, sometimes long before. One is always better off typing - "Hilarious how he reminds me of Kenta..."

Kenta was the first person I thought of when I saw the two student's hand him their wallets.
Old 2008-10-06, 22:10   Link #575
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post

As mentioned, Thursday.

I wonder if they'll ever explain the classroom scene. I'm not really of the understanding as to why they had that scene to begin with... But it was fantastic. Personally I think the animations are great, and especially the comical animations like the funny facial expressions and such. But then, I'm not even remotely picky about animations, as long as the series is presentable and doesn't have turn-off animation style.

I thought it was hilarious that she actually was portrayed as being dizzy after apparently being thrown across the classroom in a locker and then rolling out, then QUICKLY standing up. That was just beyond priceless. That's the sort of minor stuff that really makes the series worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Generally, typing that means that yes... many many people also noticed it, sometimes long before. One is always better off typing - "Hilarious how he reminds me of Kenta..."

Kenta was the first person I thought of when I saw the two student's hand him their wallets.
I laughed a great deal at that scene, especially when he gave the wallets to the school's Lost & Found. I watched this episode of Toradora! only this morning (Like... A little more than twelve hours ago) and the Sunday night I watched Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. It's just so hilarious to go from one anime with a misunderstood badass to another with a considerably more misunderstood badass.
Old 2008-10-07, 00:31   Link #576
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I laughed a great deal at that scene, especially when he gave the wallets to the school's Lost & Found. I watched this episode of Toradora! only this morning (Like... A little more than twelve hours ago) and the Sunday night I watched Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. It's just so hilarious to go from one anime with a misunderstood badass to another with a considerably more misunderstood badass.
so i suppose misunderstood (badass) main characters are now an "in" thing
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 01:08   Link #577
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

So I ended up checking this show out, and so far it certainly feels eerily similar to Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima, as pretty much everyone in this thread has already pointed out. I don't want to pigeonhole Rie Kugimiya into the wrathful loli role, but it's just so hard not conjuring up images of Shana or Louise when listening to her shouting Urusai x3 and treating people like dogs. I guess I'm still on the fence for this show, but I'm willing to give it a shot and stick with it for a few more episodes.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 05:41   Link #578
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Just wondering what day/timeslot does this series air in Japan?
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 11:30   Link #579
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Thursday, at late-night, or so I heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
but it's just so hard not conjuring up images of Shana or Louise when listening to her shouting Urusai x3 and treating people like dogs.
It's 2 times, not 3. And the treating Ryuuji (not everyone) like dog is thing in the novel, not because of Rie or J.C.
Yes, I'm going to nitpick about people who keep comparing Louise/Shana and Taiga. Really got tired about it.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:40   Link #580
Nitast

I think it airs Wednsday nights at 25:20(1am Thursday)
Nitast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen