AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-28, 01:59   Link #121
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wasn't really following the news, but my friend notified me that all the VAs are changing, like Urusei Yatsura.
Bruh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well nobody has actually said that, that’s just a theory going around. All we know for sure are that Kenshin and Kaoru have new seiyuus.

But at the same time they’ll have to change some of the seiyuus at the very least. Some of them like Aoshi’s are pretty dang old. I also expect a lot of newer blood in the cast list.
Old 2022-09-28, 02:34   Link #122
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well nobody has actually said that, that’s just a theory going around. All we know for sure are that Kenshin and Kaoru have new seiyuus.

But at the same time they’ll have to change some of the seiyuus at the very least. Some of them like Aoshi’s are pretty dang old. I also expect a lot of newer blood in the cast list.
And one of them is already dead.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 05:05   Link #123
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They're gonna change all of them or close, guaranteed. New studio, new director, new leads - it makes no sense to do some kind of hybrid.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 05:15   Link #124
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And one of them is already dead.
Yes, I know. Hirotaka Suzuoki remains one of my favorite seiyuus to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They're gonna change all of them or close, guaranteed. New studio, new director, new leads - it makes no sense to do some kind of hybrid.
Like I said, yes I also expect a lot of new blood in the cast. I’m just saying they haven’t officially said anything.
But I think Narita has a good chance of staying on as Saito since he’s already succeeding that role.
Old 2022-09-28, 09:34   Link #125
Frontier

Yeah, I'm expecting this is going to be more of a Fruits Basket situation than Shaman King as far as the cast goes.
Old 2022-09-29, 09:09   Link #126
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Suwabe voice is too cool for Shishio
Not sure that would be a huge impediment since, IMO at least, Masanori Ikeda already sounded wicked cool in the role.

Junichi Suwabe was also one of the seiyuu I thought might be good for Shishio, along with Kazuya Nakai and Nobuyuki Hiyama. But they might get someone more trendy from a slightly younger generation (and I am not as familiar with those).

Akio Ohtsuka was mentioned for Shishio earlier too, but I’ve just remembered he already voiced Jin-e in the original so that seems unlikely.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 11:17   Link #127
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Not sure that would be a huge impediment since, IMO at least, Masanori Ikeda already sounded wicked cool in the role.

Junichi Suwabe was also one of the seiyuu I thought might be good for Shishio, along with Kazuya Nakai and Nobuyuki Hiyama. But they might get someone more trendy from a slightly younger generation (and I am not as familiar with those).

Akio Ohtsuka was mentioned for Shishio earlier too, but I’ve just remembered he already voiced Jin-e in the original so that seems unlikely.
That wicked part is what I'm referring to. As far I experienced antagonist voiced by Suwabe (Atobe from Prince of Tennis, Aomine from Kuroko no Basket, Undertaker from Black Butler, Reinhard from Dies Irae), they doesn't came out as someone wicked so I found Suwabe unfitting for him. Even so, I could understand reason why some found Suwabe is fitting (Sukuna from Jujutsu Kaisen and his base voice can do for Soujirou flashback).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Okay, how about Takahiro Sakurai as Shishio and Suwabe as Saito instead?
I would put Takahiro Sakurai as one of Enishi candidate.

Won't be full-on stressful like Yuki Kaji who got experience of frustrated screaming with Eren but he got Suzaku.

Old 2022-09-29, 11:31   Link #128
Frontier

I wonder if they'll have Rie Takahashi do a cover of "Freckles." I feel like she'll end up having to do a theme at some point .
Old 2022-09-29, 19:20   Link #129
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All I know is they should bring back It's Gonna Rain as the ED, either to kick off the series or for the Kyoto Arc. Iconic doesn't even begin to cover it where that one is concerned.
Old 2022-09-29, 20:09   Link #130
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's Gonna Rain is my jam.
Old 2022-09-29, 20:10   Link #131
kiak666

Quote:
All I know is they should bring back It's Gonna Rain as the ED, either to kick off the series or for the Kyoto Arc. Iconic doesn't even begin to cover it where that one is concerned.
I get what you mean. Personally I want Heart of Sword to return as part of the reboot's soundtrack.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 22:56   Link #132
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Majority of the tracks in the OST are great, a few are iconic at this point. 1/3 no Junjou no Kanjou was pretty great too as far as EDs go.

The only one I can't particularly enjoy was the ED they used in the final arc. It felt weirdly out of place, though the entire final arc was itself out of place.
Old 2022-09-29, 23:43   Link #133
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I mean, Liden already has limited resources as is and you want them to buy the rights to use the old song too?
Old 2022-09-30, 01:49   Link #134
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think this show will be hurting for budget, or they wouldn't have bothered in the first place. The RK franchise is enormously profitable across many channels.
Old 2022-09-30, 01:53   Link #135
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The unfortunate thing is that since it's meant to be a fully fledged reboot, it's uninown if they'll reuse some of the iconic theme songs (even if they're just covers) or if they'll discard all of it to only make all-new songs.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 02:10   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If Bastard!! & Arslan are any indication, Liden will scrap most things (if not all) from the previous anime versions & start totally fresh. Unless Watsuki wants some things from the old RK anime to stay.
Old 2022-09-30, 02:38   Link #137
EroKing

With a new generation of people getting into anime and the huge success of the live action movies, hopefully we get a huge boost in Kenshin fans.
Old 2022-09-30, 07:03   Link #138
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I had forgotten about the song but now I'm listening to it on loop. Don't @ me
Old 2022-09-30, 09:32   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If Bastard!! & Arslan are any indication, Liden will scrap most things (if not all) from the previous anime versions & start totally fresh. Unless Watsuki wants some things from the old RK anime to stay.
Their Bastard!! did have some great theme songs though...
Old 2022-10-31, 16:47   Link #140
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Full details coming at Jump Festa 12/18, unsurprisingly. A year after the announcement, LOL.