AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 16:30   Link #661
Qilin
Romanticist

I guess this chapter explains how all of them were able to eat the bubble fruits a few chapters back. Nice save!

Whatever the case, this current fight has been superb so far, so I'm at the edge of my seat.
Old 2012-08-02, 16:52   Link #662
Battler-kun

So Coco got the toughest "limb".

But that doesn't matter. Those "limbs" should be easy to defeat for all 4 of them but then the main dish follows!
Maybe they have to work together.

Also Terry detected the main body for sure.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 18:07   Link #663
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Woah Zebra is going to fight with hand to hand? That's frigging awesome. I feel Kenpachi wibes from him which makes him really special character for me in this series. So voice attacks didn't work? Don't worry I will give you my falcon voice PAWNCH!

And also is that thing I mean that main body of four beast... looks a bit like Nitro? Or my eyes are deceiving me? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Also Terry detected the main body for sure.
Yeah that explains why she stopped and distracted from fight while he is fighting with that lion looking four beast.
Old 2012-08-02, 19:24   Link #664
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
OH MAN !
REALLY ?! O_o
Old 2012-08-03, 12:27   Link #665
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think at this point its safe to say Toriko has surpassed One Piece in sheer magnitude and scale of things.

Oda played around with size alot, but even Oz is tiny compared to the monsters here.

And the power levels are going exponential, everyone from now on are walking WMDs.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:37   Link #666
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
MB's spoilers are correct for once
Hey! When have I messed up the spoilers during these recent times!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
So Coco got the toughest "limb".

But that doesn't matter. Those "limbs" should be easy to defeat for all 4 of them but then the main dish follows!
Maybe they have to work together.

Last I recall, we still didn't get the turtle's capture level, so we still don't know for sure which "limb" is the strongest. And I kind of doubt that they'll have the easiest of times taking out monsters that can cause apocalyptic levels of destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I think at this point its safe to say Toriko has surpassed One Piece in sheer magnitude and scale of things.

In scale and magnitude sure, but as much as I love it I also admit that it's a little thin on the story side of things (or to be more precise, character-development wise). I'm totally legit serious when I say that I'm looking forward to a full, detailed flashback of the 4 kings' past just as much as the upcoming epic battles against those planet-crashing beasts from the gourmet world.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 11:01   Link #667
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

If Toriko's universe is the parallel world of us Earth then I wanna teleported and get to start live in here as soon as possible. Or wait. This series like a heaven. Only you can find that sort of gourment tastes in heaven. Sometimes I wanna taste those unique foods so much that my tears starts to shed its own, without my consent. I don't care if there are gourment cell which enables you turn into a super human. But even normal humans can able to taste such a delicacies. I just can't think what kind of new delicacies we are about to see once our Kinds enter the Gourment World. Things will be fun from here on.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:38   Link #668
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Last I recall, we still didn't get the turtle's capture level, so we still don't know for sure which "limb" is the strongest. And I kind of doubt that they'll have the easiest of times taking out monsters that can cause apocalyptic levels of destruction.

Yeah, you are right about the Turtle.
But it wouldn't be surprise if Coco got the highest level, as in the most dangerous one because of the poison.
The rest of 3 wouldn't be able to handle Coco's opponent at all. Wouldn't make sense.

Well, not the easiest, but they will still win easily as in are still fresh enough to fight the Main Body and even the one controlling it maybe.

Apocalyptic levels maybe for the inhabited human world , which is actually smally compared to the whole Earth of Toriko Universe.
Otherwise the real beasts in the Gourmet World would have already destroyed the Earth.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:01   Link #669
marvelB

And in this oh-so-early Toriko spoiler:

Spoiler for Toriko 199:
Old 2012-08-12, 18:22   Link #670
ShiroiRyu

Don't be cocky.
This power ... **
Old 2012-08-12, 18:54   Link #671
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i find it funny how everybody needed like 5 pages of bullshitting their new abilities whereas zebra just punched him in the face xd
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:14   Link #672
Qilin
Romanticist

I like how this series never drags on with its fights while at the same time condensing each chapter into a super-dense package of badassery.
Old 2012-08-12, 20:03   Link #673
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i find it funny how everybody needed like 5 pages of bullshitting their new abilities whereas zebra just punched him in the face xd
[Sarcasm]I bet him and Teppei would get along famously.[/sarcasm]

Anyway, chapter 199; we're very nearly at 200 chapters! I wonder how the mangaka will celebrate.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:17   Link #674
Battler-kun

Just as expected...the 4 limbs were nothing.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:10   Link #675
marvelB

You know, upon giving it some more thought, I think this is one of those times where the series' super-speedy pacing actually works AGAINST it. Like, even if they're just the "limbs" of an even greater monster, the 4 beasts are still our first real introduction to Gourmet World-level monsters. So I'd kind of think that the battles against the limbs alone would last a weeeee bit longer than 3 chapters. I'm not saying that it should be dragged out to 50 chapters or something, but I just figure that maybe each individual fight could have taken their time and at least had 2-3 chapters of focus to make them more interesting. Heck, part of the reason why I loved the Ice Hell arc was that the fights actually took their time (and mind you, most of these fights were focused on side characters who WEREN'T one of the Four Heavenly Kings).

So tl;dr, while dragging out fights may not be the best option, rushing them isn't really the best decision, either. So here's to hoping that the upcoming battles against the main body+mastermind will actually have a more reasonable pace than the limbs did.....
Old 2012-08-13, 11:38   Link #676
Sik-07
Chuu~

I agree it would have been better to draw it out over a few more chapters, they probably kept it short to emphasize the growth from learning Food Honor (and that Zebra's OP), but I'd have liked to see the Four Beasts put a bit more into the fights.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-13, 16:24   Link #677
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, upon giving it some more thought, I think this is one of those times where the series' super-speedy pacing actually works AGAINST it. Like, even if they're just the "limbs" of an even greater monster, the 4 beasts are still our first real introduction to Gourmet World-level monsters. So I'd kind of think that the battles against the limbs alone would last a weeeee bit longer than 3 chapters. I'm not saying that it should be dragged out to 50 chapters or something, but I just figure that maybe each individual fight could have taken their time and at least had 2-3 chapters of focus to make them more interesting. Heck, part of the reason why I loved the Ice Hell arc was that the fights actually took their time (and mind you, most of these fights were focused on side characters who WEREN'T one of the Four Heavenly Kings).

So tl;dr, while dragging out fights may not be the best option, rushing them isn't really the best decision, either. So here's to hoping that the upcoming battles against the main body+mastermind will actually have a more reasonable pace than the limbs did.....
Nope. It ended when it had to. It wasn't either dragged or rushed, and the buildup doesn't matter as well, I've seen plenty of short, very short battles that had a huge buildup and foreshadowing. What matters is the meaning it holds, because afterall, these 4 beasts were all mindless, they had no control over their bodies.

To put it bluntly: the 4 beasts just served to showcase how strong the kings got, as well as their new improved movements.

Now, with the big foe and the mastermind in the shadows, is where the real big battle begins.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 09:55   Link #678
marvelB

^The fact that the beast limbs were beaten so quickly despite all the buildup they had is EXACTLY the problem I have, though. I mean, these are monsters that were hyped up as being more than capable of driving mankind into extinction. We just had a whole chapter where they instantly destroyed a bunch of the past locations that Toriko and co. visited during their adventures, and proved how useless the human world's military might was against them. So is it really asking so much for them to actually give the 4 kings a proper challenge, even if they're not the "true" bosses of this arc? At least Shima could have made it so that they had to be beaten in a specific pattern, like with the sphinx in the Gourmet Pyramid.....

And before anyone brings up the Food Honor training again, while I do agree that it's expected that the training would provide all the kings with a huge-power-up, that still doesn't necessarily mean that they should be able to instantly curbstomp their first new enemies (that monster Toriko beat at Chin's temple was acceptable since that WAS just a random monster). Heck, you can even look back at old-school manga like Dragonball and Kinnikuman where the heroes still had a rough time against their enemies despite having emerged fresh from training....
Old 2012-08-14, 10:09   Link #679
Qilin
Romanticist

This chapter was meant to look cool, and it worked. I fail to see the problem.

(But yes, this chapter really is just some lame excuse to show off just how much stronger they've become all of a sudden. It's plot convenience, a staple of the genre since the beginning of time. So I'd rather just sit back and enjoy what I'm given.)
Old 2012-08-16, 18:49   Link #680
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I loved Coco's new ability. He looks cool as always and that bow that sends arrows at the speed of light. SUPPAAAAAA cool.

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen