AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 08:03   Link #1
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

First fanart : Cagilly Sketch

Yes, you did not read the title wrong. This is indeed a sketch of one of my favourite crack pairing, Cagalli x Gilbert. I've asked my friends for comments, and I only get ones like "Dude, you suck", "You're sick, man. Cagalli and Dullindal?", etc. You get the point. No one loves random pairing these days, it seems.

I await some nice critics. I think it sucks, really.

My next project will either be Nina x Sergay, or a Sakura/Saber/Shirou 4 koma, FMA style.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 20:48   Link #2
LovelyLostSoul
Lost

I'm not familiar with the characters, but I think your sketches are pretty good. I would like to see them in color if you dont mind doing that for me. Heh I think it would make it better...
LovelyLostSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 22:50   Link #3
Cracknut
The Village Idiot

Let's see, its not a bad first time. Although there is some room for improvement. Here are a few pointers:

1. Anatomy- Read up and reference. So far you got some things right. But you might want to consider proportions.

2. Lines- I can never emphasize this enough. The way I look at it there are some strokes you are not sure at (Look at the veil part). It's very difficult to know what it was unless you are looking for it. You got a nice variation of thin and think lines, but if you can't help it don't multistroke. It won't make the line any better. Try using your whole arm to draw, not just the wrist.

3. Practice- Keep drawing, it builds confidence. When you have confidence on where you want your lines chances are it will you lessen your multistrokes and you'll know what elements you need to put in your composition to make it better. Look closely at the clothes. Though there are a lot of folds on the the underarm section, the apparel still looks a little stiff, though it's suppose to be formal wear it should still look comfortable and the details flush them out a bit, especially in the flowers. You draw good flowers you know that?

Face and hair doesn't look bad (Alighnment is very good). It would be great if you spruced it up a little. Remember its the chreacter's face which gives the drawing appeal.

Hope to see more of your stuff. Keep at it, your getting there. And remember YOUR DRAWINGS DON'T SUCK! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

P.S. Oh did I mention a little bit of shading to give your drawings some volume?
Cracknut is offline   Reply With Quote