AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-22, 04:35   Link #321
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-chan View Post
DCPC = Original game + 6 extra characters.

There is a PS2 version of DCPC called Four Seasons. But PC version came before it, most any VN that get on the ps2 are always ports from PC. Something you will get more content but not alot of the times. A good example of this would be the PS2 port of Utawarerumono.
the ps2 version of dcpc is called dcps (da capo plus situation), four season is a sort afterstory of it.
Old 2008-11-22, 07:55   Link #322
stsaturn

Thanks Rin-chan, you've been a great help. Sorry about last question, the page you linked earier in the thread answered my question. Looks like I'm paying about $65 bucks and thanks to time zones downloading it sometime X-mas eve.
Old 2008-11-23, 02:16   Link #323
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn View Post
Thanks Rin-chan, you've been a great help. Sorry about last question, the page you linked earier in the thread answered my question. Looks like I'm paying about $65 bucks and thanks to time zones downloading it sometime X-mas eve.
Just hope it doesnt get pushed any further back, It already got delayed a few times already. They been saying there was some not so great proofers so they decide to go over all the scripts again because they have a bad rep for being grammatically inaccurate.
Old 2008-11-27, 02:27   Link #324
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-chan View Post
Just hope it doesnt get pushed any further back, It already got delayed a few times already. They been saying there was some not so great proofers so they decide to go over all the scripts again because they have a bad rep for being grammatically inaccurate.
I had sent an email asking about the currency conversion and after they assured me that my american visa or master card would work they went on to tell me that I should keep a look out for delays in the launch date. I think that's a bad omen considering I dident even ask about any delays it might have. I would rather have the polished product so I can handle some minor delays.
Old 2008-12-06, 13:34   Link #325
nave4pres
Da Capo Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to nave4pres
Apparently, D.C.P.C. has been licensed by MangaGamer.. I don't know much about H games, patches, etc, but I think that means that someone picked up the translation and is going to sell it. (http://www.mangagamer.com/) I read the sample of the translation project, and it said
Spoiler for D.C.P.C.:
I'm not sure if that's how it was like in the alpha patch, (I didn't really notice anything) but I just felt like crying when I read that. I hope they don't butcher the game by dubbing voices....
Old 2008-12-06, 16:58   Link #326
stsaturn

Is Da Capo an adult game? I really know nothing about the game at all.
Old 2008-12-06, 18:00   Link #327
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

All entries of this series that have been released for the PC are all 18+. There are however 3 all-ages titles for the PS2.
There is Da Capo Plus Situation, an enhanced port of the original. Da Capo Four Seasons, which combines Da Capo White Season and Da Capo Summer Vacation together and adds Fall and Spring scenarios as well, and then there's Da Capo II Plus Situation, an enhanced port of Da Capo II released just a few months ago.
Old 2008-12-07, 15:56   Link #328
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nave4pres View Post
I read the sample of the translation project, and it said
Spoiler for D.C.P.C.:
I'm not sure if that's how it was like in the alpha patch, (I didn't really notice anything) but I just felt like crying when I read that. I hope they don't butcher the game by dubbing voices....
Well, voice dubbing they won't do. Too costly, and it just isn't worth it at all.

And in terms of the use of "Brother" vs. "Nii-san"... most people in the fan-translation scene choose to stick with the Japanese naming and honorifics because: a) it's a preference, and b) you aren't worried about limiting your target audience (since it's free, you expect people to get used to it). I assume they figure here that they don't want to alienate outsiders who might not appreciate that there's Japanese left in the English game they purchase. I mean "Nii-san" isn't some magical word -- it's just another way of saying "brother" (granted, a very specific way). I personally think that it's very hard to re-create the same feel when you translate every honorific and metaphor, but it's a stylistic choice. There are some people who think that it's absolutely wrong and lazy to leave any Japanese words or sayings in a translation (every metaphor should be replaced with a local equivalent, and so on)... I guess it depends on your goal. If you're approaching this as "this work is fundamentally Japanese, and the best we can do is help English-speakers see it from a Japanese perspective", or "English-speakers shouldn't perceive this work as being fundamentally Japanese, because we want the reader to be able to personally relate to the story". Or, of course, "I don't care anything about the characters or the story, and am just translating the words in the script without regard for the audience"... but I like to believe that's the less likely of the options.
Old 2008-12-07, 21:01   Link #329
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
I believe they decided to go back to orginal Honorifics, I am positive they are doing this with Suika but not positive about D.C. But I am pretty sure they changed their scripts as well.
Old 2008-12-08, 06:11   Link #330
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think the honorifics look better as well, but who knows. I could get used to it either way.

I just read your older post, Rin-chan. Thanks for contacting mangagamer. I'll make sure Arkanos hears about that.
Old 2008-12-15, 14:04   Link #331
w190487

just one question, so the game has been licensed, does that mean there are no free english patches downloadable anymore?
Old 2008-12-15, 21:18   Link #332
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w190487 View Post
just one question, so the game has been licensed, does that mean there are no free english patches downloadable anymore?
Well, if there are, we wouldn't be allowed to link to it here anyway.
Old 2008-12-18, 14:40   Link #333
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Then should you close this thread, relentless? It's pointless as of now.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:36   Link #334
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Then should you close this thread, relentless? It's pointless as of now.
I guess you're probably right. I was thinking we could leave this thread to discuss the official patch, or that people who purchased the Japanese game and had the patch could discuss it (even though we're not allowed to link to it, sort of like other AS discussions of licensed stuff), but I guess that doesn't really make that much sense since this thread is specifically about the fan-translation patch. So I guess I'll close it for now -- if it ever should be re-opened, people can PM me.

Thanks to Arkanos for all of his diligent work to help those of us who did purchase the Japanese game (and now, for better or worse, will have another opportunity to buy it again ). Thanks to you too, AvatarST, for helping out.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation