AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-03, 03:49   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I say its more than platonic, otherwise Maka wouldn't be pissed at walking in on Blaire sitting on Soul in the bed.

Also, that tearful scene at the end of the first episode is extremely telling as it is. The talk about cheating and being faithful and trust, friends can't cheat on eachother can they? :P
Old 2008-05-03, 06:29   Link #22
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I say its more than platonic, otherwise Maka wouldn't be pissed at walking in on Blaire sitting on Soul in the bed.

Also, that tearful scene at the end of the first episode is extremely telling as it is. The talk about cheating and being faithful and trust, friends can't cheat on eachother can they? :P
Maybe the idea was betrayal, but the translation was cheating between lovers. I dunno. Because if it was really cheating between lovers, then they should have been canon already xD Haha!

The part where Maka got mad at Soul when Blair's flirting on him can be interpreted in two ways:
shipper's view: she was jealous.
another view: she thinks Soul's messing around so early in the morning instead of preparing for school.

I like the shipper's view though xD Soul even said in the anime that his morning has become some love comedy/scene xD LOL!

Oh I can't wait for episode 5 *_* Soul and Maka spotlight again!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! xD
Old 2008-05-03, 08:50   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Maybe the idea was betrayal, but the translation was cheating between lovers. I dunno. Because if it was really cheating between lovers, then they should have been canon already xD Haha!
But Like I've said it before, it's amusing how Maka associates Soul's Betrayal to that off her Father's cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
The part where Maka got mad at Soul when Blair's flirting on him can be interpreted in two ways:
shipper's view: she was jealous.
another view: she thinks Soul's messing around so early in the morning instead of preparing for school.

Oh come on Of course she's jealous!

She's been edgy at Blair ever since she started hitting on Soul in episode 1...
Old 2008-05-03, 09:34   Link #24
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But Like I've said it before, it's amusing how Maka associates Soul's Betrayal to that off her Father's cheating
Always thought she was jealous because of that. =P
Old 2008-05-03, 09:43   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Heres how I see it.

She lost all trust in men due to her father's lustful ways. But when she met Soul, she felt that she finally found a guy she can truly trust. I see her wanting to "create" a "better" deathscythe is more than just "quality" but also a better husband as well, to have that faithful and loving relationship her mother didn't have with her father. But, thats just my theory.
Old 2008-05-09, 03:41   Link #26
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Quote:
Heres how I see it.

She lost all trust in men due to her father's lustful ways. But when she met Soul, she felt that she finally found a guy she can truly trust. I see her wanting to "create" a "better" deathscythe is more than just "quality" but also a better husband as well, to have that faithful and loving relationship her mother didn't have with her father. But, thats just my theory.
I think so to... but i think that thoughts about husband and achievin more happiness than mother in relationship are buried very deep inside her, so deep that she isn't even realising it yet... On the other hand, soul seems more mature. Cool stuf obession is his... don't know how really describe it.... i mean, h brings it out when it wouldn,t hurt) unlike Black Star) And, i think, Soul is aware, what kind of situation he and Maka are in) the best proof - that he himself said - "this love comedy...' but he is takin it slowly)))
Old 2008-05-09, 04:59   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think Soul has his own issues, and that dating isn't really on his agenda.
Old 2008-05-09, 10:39   Link #28
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Soul protecting Maka with his own body in episode 5 was so cute
Old 2008-05-11, 21:30   Link #29
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Soul was about to go over to Blair and become her weapon, betraying Maka in the process. It's similar to 'cheating' tho I don't think she meant it in that romantic sense.

I dunno, I like Soul and Maka as weapon/technician combo, but for shipping, I can see it, I just don't go nuts over every scene. >_>
Old 2008-05-12, 01:33   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It is about cheating in the sense of a relationship, otherwise her father wouldn't have been brought up at all. She lost faith in men because of her father, but meeting Soul renewed that faith. Rewatch the scene and pay attention to the words that are being used as well as the scenes.

And I think its kinda insulting that you calling that tearful speech as any other scene. It made a big impact as to telling us what their relationship is like. This show isn't romance heavy, so we fanboys/girls eat it up every chance we get as its far and few between.
Old 2008-05-12, 21:08   Link #31
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It is about cheating in the sense of a relationship, otherwise her father wouldn't have been brought up at all. She lost faith in men because of her father, but meeting Soul renewed that faith. Rewatch the scene and pay attention to the words that are being used as well as the scenes.
Soul was about to call forfeit to their relationship WEAPON and MEISTER. She can't help but parallel Soul's actions to her father's, because her father and Soul was doing the same thing (not about going to other women, but breaching the TRUST they had between them.) She's a kid who barely hit puberty. There are signs that she likes Soul, but she has enough trouble conveying her emotions (is she even aware of them?) let alone preparing her marriage bed with Soul. >_____>

Quote:
And I think its kinda insulting that you calling that tearful speech as any other scene. It made a big impact as to telling us what their relationship is like.
All I said was I don't go nuts over every scene they appear in. I didn't say anything about downplaying the speech scene.

Quote:
This show isn't romance heavy, so we fanboys/girls eat it up every chance we get as its far and few between.
Uhhh yeah, that's why I said I don't go nuts over every scene. Because I like them better as a fighting combo. (So who was telling me to pay attention again? )
Old 2008-05-12, 23:59   Link #32
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I think seeing them trust each other, protect each other, and always be there for each other are good enough clues for a possible further relationship between them in the future.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:08   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Soul was about to call forfeit to their relationship WEAPON and MEISTER. She can't help but parallel Soul's actions to her father's, because her father and Soul was doing the same thing (not about going to other women, but breaching the TRUST they had between them.)

Nope, it's definitely about going to other women.

Otherwise she wouldn't have the flashback(s) to all the times her father went womanizing.

As for Soul, while he is referring to their relationship as Weapon and Meister, in the end, he still went along with her saying how he would never cheat. Whether a not it's in the same context as Maka...

Of course, all this is in episode 1. If there's not enough hints and nudges then, episode 5 and 6 should provide enough.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:26   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. What Soul was doing was "betrayal because of lust", like her dad. It doesn't mean they're dating, though.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:36   Link #35
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Sure, no biggie. I can see myself nodding at this pairing in due time, I'm just not sold yet. Now, the twin sisters with Kid, on the other hand...
Old 2008-05-13, 19:12   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wait... you have doubts about Soul and Maka, but suspect Kid and the twins? ...now that boggles my mind.
Old 2008-05-13, 22:50   Link #37
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Wait... you have doubts about Soul and Maka, but suspect Kid and the twins? ...now that boggles my mind.
While I don't think Maka and Soul will date for quite a while.... I agree with you suspecting Kid and twins is quite mind boggling.
Old 2008-05-14, 07:02   Link #38
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Soul was about to go over to Blair and become her weapon, betraying Maka in the process. It's similar to 'cheating' tho I don't think she meant it in that romantic sense.

I dunno, I like Soul and Maka as weapon/technician combo, but for shipping, I can see it, I just don't go nuts over every scene. >_>
I was under the impression that it was part of a plan to get Blair to let down her guard and within his blades range .
________
Portable Vaporizer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:48.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:15   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but Maka didn't know that.
Old 2008-05-14, 15:14   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, that was the power of the scene... she didn't *know* for sure whether he was bluffing or not. That's part of what makes this pair so interesting.