AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-13, 03:34   Link #41
junte86

I am just speculating as it seems generally Sand Sables need time to become trully powerful(shown when It hit Yuba) but not it seems to be able to knock out Demon Guard in an instance. I dont think my assumption is that bad.
Or it might be Crocodile was not in his best condition when he fought Luffy after all he was continously attacking Yuba and well forming Sand storms but I think the battle with Luffy and now shows that it became more powerful.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:38   Link #42
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

BB coming to ID makes sense in terms of that he was the one who caught Ace and it was a hard battle at that. so he would want to see it through. can't leave it to the incompitent people on the ships. also if he has come to get some one to be apart of his crew taht is plauzable as well. he wants the No.1 title. if WB was coming to attack at some point BB would think the time they transport him would be the best chance.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:44   Link #43
james0246

@junte86: Rather than saying that Crocodile is more powerful (with very little evidience), wouldn't it be safer to say that the audience (or even Oda) simply overhyped the Animal Demon Guards? I mean, they were, more or less, going to either be mini-bosses for Buggy and his level of pirates, or they were going to be squashed (as we saw here) by Luffy and others around his level of strength (it is not like they are Vice-Admiral level creatures, or hell, probably not even Commodore level opponents, they were simply beasts).
Old 2009-05-13, 03:47   Link #44
junte86

That might be true as the only thing they have been doing was beating chained prisoners
but still I expected more for them... this just make me remember the time that All General Zomibies being obilitrated in a such a ridiculous way... but it was fun...
well I guess this just shows the true power of Jinbei Croc and Luffy...

Those demon gurads could have been useful if Wapolu ate them and merged them to a one single creature... now that might have provided soem challenge.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:51   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Funny story, BB ran into Shiryuu, who attacked him on the spot, and while they were sparring Luffy&Co escaped...nah, too good to be true
Old 2009-05-13, 05:10   Link #46
kari-no-sugata

Well now, this is certainly an interesting development - Blackbeard turning up at ID. Sengoku is clearly shocked - after all, he's clearly going against orders here. He'd have to expect to be "fired" from his Shichibukai status. So, maybe he didn't actually want to be a Shichibukai after all, and it was simply part of a bigger plan? And what's his objective? To free a particular prisoner? To kill a particular prisoner (some old score to settle?) Maybe he wants to free all the Level 6 prisoners and make them part of his gang?
Old 2009-05-13, 05:47   Link #47
junte86

Hmm Actually it seems Croc used Sables to life up the demon guard and hit that Zebra with his hook... still impressive... I guess he is hiding his more powerful move for stronger foes.
Old 2009-05-13, 06:43   Link #48
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Blackbeard must be up to something big if he's willing to forfeit his shichibukai title and a chance to take down Whitebeard for it. The only obvious reason would be to recruit the most powerful prisoners in ID. I suppose his main reason to become shichibukai was to get the necessary resources and inside info and wait for a chance such as this. Seems that chance has come up sooner than expected, as he hasn't been a shichibukai for very long yet. This also means that the WB pirates will have less opposition to worry about which could have a big impact on the outcome of the WB war.

Well, whatever the reason, this could turn into total chaos, since now there are 3 sides in an all-out brawl. And some might switch allegiances if they get the chance and it suits their purpose, like Shiryuu and Crocodile.
Old 2009-05-13, 08:02   Link #49
marvelB

Wow, it's awesome to see Blackbeard's crew again. If Lafitte has wings, then I guess he might be some sort of bird Zoan. Still, now that the spoiler's been confirmed to be true, I think I can say that I'm gonna stick with the "new recruits" theory. After all, notice that we STILL haven't seen those nasty, pirates make their grand appearance yet. Plus, by adding those 3 people to his crew, Blackbeard will have 8 members..... which is pretty close to the number of people in Luffy's crew.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that the rest of the guardian beasts were taken out so quickly, especially since it took nearly one whole chapter for Luffy to take out the minotaur. I know that he has stronger suport now, but I still think it would have been cool to see the ful extent of the guardians' abilities before they were taken out. Oh well, at least there's still Magellan and M.Bison Shiryuu (I know the latter is supposed to take care of Blackbeard, but he'll most likely run into Luffy's group first)......
Old 2009-05-13, 08:19   Link #50
kari-no-sugata

There's a full set of ULQ cam shots out now. We see Ace on one of the ships. We see Blackbeard and co walk in the front gate. We see Shiryuu's first act on being freed is to slice up the guards (!). Iwa seems to be using some new kind of "Wink". We see the 3 beast guards trashing other prisoners left and right before being knocked down (not necessarily completely out, I'd say) by a high level super-move from each of the main 3.
Old 2009-05-13, 08:22   Link #51
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, it's awesome to see Blackbeard's crew again. If Lafitte has wings, then I guess he might be some sort of bird Zoan. Still, now that the spoiler's been confirmed to be true, I think I can say that I'm gonna stick with the "new recruits" theory. After all, notice that we STILL haven't seen those nasty, pirates make their grand appearance yet. Plus, by adding those 3 people to his crew, Blackbeard will have 8 members..... which is pretty close to the number of people in Luffy's crew.
Certainly, the fact that we've had some serious bad cases in Level 6 mentioned but not officially introduced does imply we're likely to see them for real sooner rather than later. Perhaps it's more of a question of whether Blackbeard has one or more specific targets / potential allies in mind - or is looking to recruit anyone in Level 6 who'll agree to follow him.
Old 2009-05-13, 08:48   Link #52
syler321

if blackbeard is there to bring new nakama to his crew,he is defintly smart and he wants to do a crew that will be able to help him be the pirate king so its defintly makes sence that he will want to join some new charcters from level 6,im sure he can find a few with cool powers that will want to join him...

the thing is,if he does that,then that means he no longer cares about the shibubukai title or the wg plans,im sure once the goverment hears that he betray them they will send an admiral or 2,after the hole whitebeard thing of course,he might plans to even defeat him and take his place as a yanokou...
Old 2009-05-13, 08:50   Link #53
marvelB

Thinking it over now, I think that Blackbeard may have actually planned his trip to ID for a long time..... possibly before he left Whitebeard's crew. The fact that Ace was hunting him down was pretty much a blessing in disguise for him, since now that war's a-brewin', he can ask the government for permission to go to ID and gather more people there. As I said before, it shouldn't be difficult for him to recruit new people, because most of the guys in level 6 want old Newgate dead anyway.....

Speaking of that, I'm also seeing the theory of Blackbeard recruiting Shiryuu floating around now. While I suppose that's a possibility (after all, Lafitte was a former policeman himself, according to vice-admiral Tsuru), I sorta doubt it since the guy seems to have a Lucci-esque personality (has his own sense of "dark justice", gets more joy from killing than personal gain, etc.). But then again, seeing the predicament that Lucci is in right now (along with the possibility that HE might become a pirate), I guess Shiryuu joining Blackbeard isn't far-fetched at all. Plus, that would actually increase Blackbeard's numbers to 9...... the same amount of Straw-Hats, in other words.

Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot to mention this, but the cover for volume 54 is out (the pic's pretty small, though):

Spoiler:

So.... we've got Magellan, Hannyabal, Sadi, Saldeath, a bluegori and the minotaur, all in color. Pretty sweet, if you ask me. I hope the next volume cover shown Iva and Inazuma in color, as well.....
Old 2009-05-13, 09:12   Link #54
syler321

[QUOTE=marvelB;2392692]Thinking it over now, I think that Blackbeard may have actually planned his trip to ID for a long time..... possibly before he left Whitebeard's crew. The fact that Ace was hunting him down was pretty much a blessing in disguise for him, since now that war's a-brewin', he can ask the government for permission to go to ID and gather more people there. As I said before, it shouldn't be difficult for him to recruit new people, because most of the guys in level 6 want old Newgate dead anyway.....

Speaking of that, I'm also seeing the theory of Blackbeard recruiting Shiryuu floating around now. While I suppose that's a possibility (after all, Lafitte was a former policeman himself, according to vice-admiral Tsuru), I sorta doubt it since the guy seems to have a Lucci-esque personality (has his own sense of "dark justice", gets more joy from killing than personal gain, etc.). But then again, seeing the predicament that Lucci is in right now (along with the possibility that HE might become a pirate), I guess Shiryuu joining Blackbeard isn't far-fetched at all. Plus, that would actually increase Blackbeard's numbers to 9...... the same amount of Straw-Hats, in other words.

u sure blackbeard have 8 members now?

Van Auger
Burgess
Doc Q
laffite
strong

and with teach him self its 6.
so that means he needs 3 more to add to his crew in order to have 9 like the straw hats,so he needs shinouru crocodile perhaps and someone else...
Old 2009-05-13, 09:17   Link #55
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
I think that theory pretty much explains why Teach is using him as his messenger.Plus when he sneaked into shichibukai meeting no one realized him.Maybe he is some kind of a stealth bird? Crow/Hawk style zoan?

On the other hand, it is pretty weird for him to not to turn into a full bird, but simply gaining wings in his human looks.It may be some kind of wing paramecia after all.
Old 2009-05-13, 09:19   Link #56
marvelB

Oh yeah, I forgot to count the horse! Yeah, I'll bet that half-dead horse is pretty deadly as well so he should count as a member! Well, Luffy wants 10 people in his crew anyway, so I don't really think that it changes anything. It'll just mean that Blackbeard "completed" his crew first, that's all......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
On the other hand, it is pretty weird for him to not to turn into a full bird, but simply gaining wings in his human looks.It may be some kind of wing paramecia after all.

Yes, it actually does look rather odd for him to not turn into a bird or birdman, after all. Well, Pell DID say that there were only five "flying type" devil fruits, so I guess that Lafitte's fruit (be it Zoan or not) is one of them......
Old 2009-05-13, 09:23   Link #57
syler321

dont forget luffy might add someone to his crew also,i think still think bon clay will be a cool addition sence they are already freinds...
Old 2009-05-13, 10:31   Link #58
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Thinking it over now, I think that Blackbeard may have actually planned his trip to ID for a long time..... possibly before he left Whitebeard's crew. The fact that Ace was hunting him down was pretty much a blessing in disguise for him, since now that war's a-brewin', he can ask the government for permission to go to ID and gather more people there. As I said before, it shouldn't be difficult for him to recruit new people, because most of the guys in level 6 want old Newgate dead anyway.....
Umm, he definitely didn't ask for government permission to go to ID - Sengoku was clearly shocked and from what the Marine was saying it looks like they'd been searching for Blackbeard for a while. I can't see the Marines agreeing to let Blackbeard go pick up some Level 6 prisoners either.

But yes, he shouldn't have too much trouble recruiting...
Old 2009-05-13, 11:16   Link #59
james0246

^Just because Blackbeard is betraying the marines does not mean that he could be losing his title. Blackbeard works for the WG, not the marines, so him attacking marines is not quite the damning occurnace that some are making it out to be. For example, Moria attacked seemingly dozens to potentially hundreds of marines during his stay on Thriller Bark; Kuma directly disobeyed an Admiral and dealt with the Strawhats as he saw fit; and, just recently, Hancock attempted to kill an entire ship full of marines in order to evade a summons. So, it is not like the Shichibukai are unknown for doing what they want, even hurting the marines, and still retaining their titles.
Old 2009-05-13, 11:30   Link #60
junte86

He came to impel down by a marine ship he pulls out the crew members after he arrives Impel down and he is stating he is with the government and well since he is not harming any important people if he do prove to be helpful to WG he might get a pardon...after all WG is above the marine and BB betraying them now is so soon even with the prisoners of Level 6 WG is a gathering of 170 nations directly going against them is indeed not a wise thing to do unless all of those nation are like drum kingdom
Closed Thread