AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 04:57   Link #261
Sakabatou77

Exclamation

[QUOTE=BadtheGuy;2560170]

I never saw much towards the Misaki pairing. Personally I dislike her design and character but even so she seemed to go better with November 11 whom she had more chemistry with.

QUOTE]

I have to disagree with that. There was never a connection with those two since 11 smoked and Misaki hated the smell. She never shied from him either. There is more of a connection with Hei and Misaki; like for one they both like to eat, and Misaki couldn't keep her cool around him whenever Hei posed as Li.

There is a connection with Yin and Hei, but in my opinion, I don't think it's really a sexual thing.
Old 2009-08-05, 08:44   Link #262
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I hope Hei is a main character and not just a side character in season 2. I always hated Gundam Seed Destiny for what happened to Kira Yamato...
Old 2009-08-05, 08:46   Link #263
dear4life
Contractor

I agree with Sakabatou77
Misaki and Hei have chemistry. It started in episode 9 when Hei had asked Saitou about Misaki, and Hei said she was beautiful. And when Saitou said she was scary, you know that sparked an interest with Hei. Hei had already met her and knew she was a cop, so it wasn't like Hei was trying to get information about who she was from Saitou. Not to mention the foreshadowing of Misaki wearing a Chinese dress, and Hei just happens to be Chinese.
Also during their date, I think Bones did a little bit of foreshadowing with them sitting next to each other on the bench, with the line between them. Meaning, that they do have feelings for each other, but they can never be together.
I think Misaki's feeling for Hei are stronger (or else she would have turned him in). Hei still needs to release his human side a little more.
But that's just a Hei/Misaki fan rambling.
I really hope their paths cross in the second season, as it looks like it would happen in the manga. I don't think Bones will do anything romantic with them, but it would be cool to see how those two would meet again, and how they would react (even if I only see it in the manga). I would love to see them sit down and eat together again.
Zizula has got my spirits up that that 'could' happen in the Anime. *Keeps fingers crossed*
Old 2009-08-05, 10:09   Link #264
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadtheGuy View Post
The promotion posters are nice, a lot of Hei/Yin closeness ftw. I'm only concerned that that Bullet hole shot doesn't foreshadow Yin dying. That would be so upsetting after seeing how far her character has come along with her and Hei's bond. I don't really think it has that meaning though (Hei doesn't look upset, Yin looks normal, there is no blood, the bullet's trajectory is toward Hei rather than Yin too). I would imagine it is pertaining to the fact that Yin and Hei are being targeted by everyone (as shown in the new manga and the end of season 1) and that girl is probably one of these people targeting them.
That was mentioned a couple of pages back when the first posters were shown.
So one theory was that Yin was indeed killed or almost killed by the sindicate.
1st Hei is actually holding Yin since she looks like she might be falling and if she was standing up normally the bullet hole is almost on top of her.
2nd On the other poster on which the new sniper girl was shown Hei has the same eyes he had when he wanted to kill.Kind of a blood lust eyes and Yin isn't on that poster.

So from those two things you can say that this plot development is surprisingly plausable
Old 2009-08-05, 16:41   Link #265
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

yeah that was what I said =) though she is now a sort of main character i doubt they'll kill her off that easily maybe closer to the end...
Old 2009-08-06, 02:22   Link #266
Ice-CooL

new scans are out...
Spoiler for size, new characters:
Old 2009-08-06, 03:00   Link #267
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-CooL View Post
new scans are out...
Spoiler for size, new characters:
I certainly hope the Russian guy's remuneration is not eating a burger

Last edited by AvianWing; 2009-08-06 at 03:12.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:09   Link #268
Iggy_Pop

Looks like MI6 and FSB are back with new agent. MI6 new agent's name is August7 and FSB agent's name is Goran.
I don't know about the other agency with the man and woman, but the woman's name Hazuki Mina and the man is Shizuma Genma. Now, if somebody could tell me the agency they are from.
Suoh's brother(?) name is Shion Pavlichenko. I don't know about her dad.
Can someone translate the name of the seiyus?
Old 2009-08-06, 03:13   Link #269
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-08-06, 03:31   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Spoiler for :
Why are you saying this in spoiler tags?

Yeah it's a huge shame. It could be they're just going for another angle with the series, and that's why they're not using Yoko Kanno.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:52   Link #271
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why are you saying this in spoiler tags?
Force of habit?

But yeah, I see what you are saying. It would make since if they had someone new composing to give the show a different feel from last season.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:01   Link #272
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No Kanno? Lol.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:33   Link #273
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So Suou will be voiced by Kana Hanazawa and her twin bro Shion will be voiced by Houko Kuwashima.

Oh I've figured out why Yin ain't on the cast list. The list only includes the characters in that scan, plus Hei.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:02   Link #274
Weils

The new characters (from DTB's wikipedia)

Suou Pavlichenko (蘇芳・パブリチェンコ, Suou Paburichenko?) Voiced by: Hana Kanazawa
A 13 year old girl who lives in Vladivostok, Russia. In the Gemini of the Meteor story arc, Suou becomes involved in the war and machinations between the various groups and Contractors, and her life is forever changed when she meets Hei. She is Eurasian, with a Japanese mother and Russian father. She also has a twin brother, Shion, who is wheelchair bound.

Shion Pavlichenko (紫苑・パブリチェンコ, Shion Paburichenko?) Voiced by: Hōko Kuwashima
Suou's twin brother. He loses his right eye due to an accident with a falling meteor core fragment, however this incident turns him into a Contractor. His renumeration is to be confined to a wheelchair every time he uses his power, which currently is not revealed.

Dr. Pavlichenko (パブリチェンコ博士, Paburichenko Hakushi?) Voiced by: Hori Katsunosuke
Suou and Shion's father. His first name is currently unknown. Dr. Pavlichenko works for a research group studying the time and space distortion effects occurring on the planet. He is also the creator of the memory exerciser.

From the Ministry of Affairs and Communications:

Genma Shizume (鎮目弦馬, Shizume Genma?) Voiced by: Miyake Kenta
A representative working for the Third Chief Clerk in the 2nd Investigative Division of the Statistics Bureau in the MIAC. He is a Contractor as well, having the ability to turn his body into hardened material similar to tank armour. The power of his punches are very powerful which can hammer almost anything into powder. He uses traditional budō.

Mina Hazuki (葉月水無, Hazuki Mina?) Voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga
A colleague of Genma's, Mina is a Contractor with the ability to turn anything into a bladed sword-like weapon. She seems to specialize in wetwork, wearing a half-faced balaclava and wields a katana.

From MI6:

August 7 (オーガスト7, Ōgasuto Sebun?) Voiced by: Masaya Matsukaze
Appearing in Gemini of the Meteor story arc, August 7 is a Contractor who works at MI6. His ability is to be able to create real magic without any tricks. He is also nicknamed "Magician", as he always wears a red coat and a black silk hat similar to one.

From FSB:

Goran (ゴラン, Goran?)
An agent working in the FSB, Goran is a Contractor who is able to move at super speed in short distances. His renumeration is to constantly eat hamburgers, and always have them handy for consumption whenever he is out on field work.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:34   Link #275
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
August 7
August 7? After seeing this and November 11, I wonder if there will be a September 11 or a July 4.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:59   Link #276
Ice-CooL

Spoiler for Hei:
Old 2009-08-06, 13:37   Link #277
Joe_fh

Lol my theory about the new girl was really close form what Weils translated (thanks a lot for that ^^ )
Well can only wait and see what else comes up.But it's starting to look really good.Not that it didn't before,being DtB s2 and all
Old 2009-08-06, 15:32   Link #278
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-CooL View Post
Spoiler for Hei:
OMG!! Where did this picture come from? His hair is so long.

Last edited by dear4life; 2009-08-06 at 15:55.
Old 2009-08-06, 15:56   Link #279
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post
OMG!! Where did this picture come from? His hair is so long.
its from the new commercial when haruhi endless eight was airred today.
want to see the full commercial >.< ahhh
Old 2009-08-06, 16:01   Link #280
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despk View Post
its from the new commercial when haruhi endless eight was airred today.
want to see the full commercial >.< ahhh
Thank you!! I want to see it too!!
Closed Thread