AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-08-08, 10:56   Link #1
Aya-tan

Arrow MP4 Playback issues in MPlayer

I don't know how to play and MP4 in Mplayer...most of the time it gives me an blank black screen...some times only audio....other times it hangs up...

anyone know how to fix this?
Old 2009-08-08, 14:59   Link #2
greg-
libass developer

Try to disable the cache (-nocache). Alternatively, try to use the libavformat demuxer (-demuxer lavf). In general, the cache shouldn't be enabled by default for best compatibility. Check your MPlayer configuration file.
Old 2009-08-08, 17:08   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
simple and first up questions first, you are using CCCP right? lol
Old 2009-08-08, 21:26   Link #4
Aya-tan

I have CCCP installed
Old 2009-08-08, 22:15   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You're running mplayer on Windows, but you also have CCCP installed? Why don't you just use one of the players that's bundled in CCCP? mplayer has its own decoders already built in. It doesn't use any of the CCCP libraries, but the players bundled with CCCP like Media Player Classic do.

If you really want to run mplayer on Windows, I suggest you remove whatever version you have now and install smplayer. The version of mplayer that's bundled with smplayer includes a number of recent patches, and the interface is much easier to navigate than vanilla mplayer.
Old 2009-08-08, 23:04   Link #6
Aya-tan

Unhappy

the thing is i found mplayet is lot better than MPC-HC and Zoom Player...
I'm using this SMPlayer
http://mulder.dummwiedeutsch.de/home/?page=projects

1 thing i can't play MP4 and MKV in both SMPlayer and MPUI....(tried with CCCP Mplayer build also)
I have CCCP installed and i have CoreAVC too...i still can't figure out what the problem is
Old 2009-08-08, 23:54   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You're running mplayer on Windows, but you also have CCCP installed? Why don't you just use one of the players that's bundled in CCCP? mplayer has its own decoders already built in. It doesn't use any of the CCCP libraries, but the players bundled with CCCP like Media Player Classic do.

If you really want to run mplayer on Windows, I suggest you remove whatever version you have now and install smplayer. The version of mplayer that's bundled with smplayer includes a number of recent patches, and the interface is much easier to navigate than vanilla mplayer.
not sure what you mean by it but
I've been using Mplayer for as long as I can remember, never used the other 2 mediaplayers, and everything works just fine over here and always has
this as long as Mplayer = WMP ofc if not ignore my post
Old 2009-08-09, 07:59   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

@-KarumA-
Oh, you mean Windows Media Player? No, that's not the same as "mplayer."

@Aya-tan:
I don't what version of smplayer that is, but you should always use the actual project versions at http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/. If that's the only player you use, I'd uninstall CCCP and CoreAVC just to insure there are no conflicts. mplayer uses neither of those. Of course, there's always VLC, but that's not a favorite around here.
Old 2009-08-09, 10:49   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
@-KarumA-
Oh, you mean Windows Media Player? No, that's not the same as "mplayer."
I thought so D: thanks for clearing that up
uugh there's so darn many of them
Old 2009-08-09, 12:02   Link #10
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'd uninstall CCCP and CoreAVC just to insure there are no conflicts. mplayer uses neither of those. Of course, there's always VLC, but that's not a favorite around here.
I don't think having CCCP and/or CoreAVC installed will create conflict with mplayer.

Still, Aya-tan, why don't you try using Media Player Classic for a bit to see how things work. Unlike mplayer, MPC will use the filters installed with CCCP, and CoreAVC (depending of your configuration). So it's worth the try to see how things work.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:25   Link #11
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

The problem is that CoreAVC is not compatible with most fansubs (using hardware acceleration, CUDA) due to the nature of how they encoded and they need to be compatible in order to use it and it's not free. It should work fine if you don't use hardware acceleration.

If you have a compatible graphics card like nVidia Geforce 8xxx, 9xxx series or higher or ATI Radeon HD series, you can probably take advantage of DXVA which is supported under Media Player Classic and should be compatible with all the fansubs out there. I suggest trying the instructions at the MPC HC website: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html
Old 2009-08-09, 22:56   Link #12
Aya-tan

Talking

u r right chikorita157
with my ATi Graphic card it works....my other computer dosen't have a GFX card
so that may be the problem..

anyhow thanks all to
Old 2009-08-10, 12:30   Link #13
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
The problem is that CoreAVC is not compatible with most fansubs (using hardware acceleration, CUDA) due to the nature of how they encoded and they need to be compatible in order to use it and it's not free. It should work fine if you don't use hardware acceleration.
I don't remember Aya-tan saying s/he needed hardware acceleration, so I don't think that's a problem.
Old 2009-08-10, 13:56   Link #14
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't remember Aya-tan saying s/he needed hardware acceleration, so I don't think that's a problem.
With most integrated graphics solutions out there like the Intel GMA 950 or X3100, they are not efficient enough and will depend on the CPU alot more. It's going to struggle with high definition video (which most fansubs are, either 720p or 1080p), especially with subtitles since they have zero acceleration with that content.

Also, try playing a different file in MPlayer to see if you don't have the same issue.. if not, the MP4 you are trying to play may have a high bit-rate. Also, It will also help if you posted the specs of the CPU and graphics card to see if that is a issue (it might not be, but...)

You can also try a different player like MPC and CCCP, but don't bother with CoreAVC unless you are still having slow playback.