AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 20:46   Link #781
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler for Chapter 46:
Old 2008-12-20, 22:09   Link #782
solarknight123

Must say i enjoyed the latest chapter but...

Spoiler for ch 46:
Old 2008-12-21, 01:06   Link #783
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great chapter. Everyone is changing, especially Yuuki.
Spoiler for ch46:
I hope the anime gets exactly this far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 01:10   Link #784
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I want to know just what is it that Kaname has done to Zero huh? He didn't want him to drink Yuuki's blood. That wasn't his idea. And giving Zero his blood was the only way to keep him sane. He wanted to give Zero Shizukas blood to help him but that didn't work out. The only thing he did was "manipulate" him to doing something he was going to do any way. Namely protecting Yuuki from Rido because he couldn't. He may not have been straight forward with him and he hates Zero, but he hasn't really hurt him. (If anything he helped him, because of Yuuki but still....)
The only thing Kaname did to Zero was take Yuuki away from him and some would argue that was a good thing. And Kaname can't be blamed for Yuuki turning into a vampire because she always was one. Even up to this latest chapter, Kaname was in the right. Zero was the one that was acting stupied. How dare Zero do that to Yuuki! And Zero lovers don't get pissed off for this, because I know that Zero has a lot on his plate. But that doesn't mean he can take it out on other people.
Spoiler for Ch 46:
He knew even before Zero did that Zero had feelings for Yuuki , but Kaname buries his anger mostly when he's around Zero because he doesn't want to upset Yuuki. (This same thing doesn't see, to stop Zero. Heck Yuuki herself isn't safe from Zero's anger at the world.
Old 2008-12-21, 01:41   Link #785
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
I want to know just what is it that Kaname has done to Zero huh? He didn't want him to drink Yuuki's blood. That wasn't his idea. And giving Zero his blood was the only way to keep him sane. He wanted to give Zero Shizukas blood to help him but that didn't work out. The only thing he did was "manipulate" him to doing something he was going to do any way. Namely protecting Yuuki from Rido because he couldn't. He may not have been straight forward with him and he hates Zero, but he hasn't really hurt him. (If anything he helped him, because of Yuuki but still....)
The only thing Kaname did to Zero was take Yuuki away from him and some would argue that was a good thing. And Kaname can't be blamed for Yuuki turning into a vampire because she always was one. Even up to this latest chapter, Kaname was in the right. Zero was the one that was acting stupied. How dare Zero do that to Yuuki! And Zero lovers don't get pissed off for this, because I know that Zero has a lot on his plate. But that doesn't mean he can take it out on other people.
Spoiler for Ch 46:
He knew even before Zero did that Zero had feelings for Yuuki , but Kaname buries his anger mostly when he's around Zero because he doesn't want to upset Yuuki. (This same thing doesn't see, to stop Zero. Heck Yuuki herself isn't safe from Zero's anger at the world.
Well... You can't actually blame Zero either. His entire family was killed by a Vampire and then he got turned into a vampire by the same person who killed his parents. He became a vampire that hated vampires with passion.

If that wasn't enough the girl he loves turns out to be a pure blood vampire. That's like adding insult to injury! No one could recover fast enough from these shocking revelations. I believe it hasn't even been a week that Yuuki turning out to be a vampire, Rido, his brother dying from his hands in VK's world. Heck... I'm surprised he didn't go insane!

Spoiler:
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 02:03   Link #786
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Wow. I read 46 at 2am. Absolutely a bad idea since I'll be thinking about it all night when I should be sleeping.

I really can't describe my feelings about this, so all i can say for the moment is that I'm glad Zero expressed his feelings for Yuuki. *sigh* off to bed.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 11:36   Link #787
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Good chapter (c46)!

Putting this in spoiler tags since the scan release is still relatively new.

Spoiler for c46:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 13:13   Link #788
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Well... You can't actually blame Zero either. His entire family was killed by a Vampire and then he got turned into a vampire by the same person who killed his parents. He became a vampire that hated vampires with passion.

If that wasn't enough the girl he loves turns out to be a pure blood vampire. That's like adding insult to injury! No one could recover fast enough from these shocking revelations. I believe it hasn't even been a week that Yuuki turning out to be a vampire, Rido, his brother dying from his hands in VK's world. Heck... I'm surprised he didn't go insane!

Spoiler:
Yuuki is in the exact same situation though.

her parents were killed by her uncle. then she had all of her memories taken away from her. after that, she is attacked by a vampire.

we don't see Yuuki going insane after learning about her past, what happened to her parents, and what she truly is.
Old 2008-12-21, 13:50   Link #789
Rubie
Haro-tan >3

Spoiler for chapter 46:
Rubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 17:39   Link #790
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So what exactly did Kaname do to Bloody Rose? When he was talking he made it sound like he was it's Master or some such thing...Well he is the oldest Pure Blood...he's the Dracula of Vampire's isn't he?

PS. I hope Zero dies.
Old 2008-12-21, 18:01   Link #791
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
So what exactly did Kaname do to Bloody Rose? When he was talking he made it sound like he was it's Master or some such thing...Well he is the oldest Pure Blood...he's the Dracula of Vampire's isn't he?

PS. I hope Zero dies.
I've heard some theories that the hunter's weapons were made by Purebloods ( using their blood or something...unless that IS a fact but I don't remember much??? ) There's also another thought that hunter weapon's have a mind of their own. They know whenever a stranger grabs hold of them and such.

Ex: When vampire Yuuki grabbed hold to Artemis, it rejected her at first but once it realized it was still Yuuki, it accepted her and transformed ( which leads that purebloods can transform whatever weapons too ) Who knows, maybe Kaname and the Chairman did something to the Bloody rose before they gave it to Zero. We still dunno the origins of that gun.

Meh, I still think Zero might die if he doesn't change his ways
Spoiler for Chp.46:
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 20:28   Link #792
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Yuuki is in the exact same situation though.

her parents were killed by her uncle. then she had all of her memories taken away from her. after that, she is attacked by a vampire.

we don't see Yuuki going insane after learning about her past, what happened to her parents, and what she truly is.

Well, at least she still has her onii-chan or Kaname. Which has been with her since who knows when.

Zero has no one now. All we know is the author is keeping him alive for some reason.

The main difference between Zero and Yuuki is that Yuuki never lived through what Zero had. Since she only recovered her memory recently. Overall she led a happy life. Compared to Zero who remembered everything that happened ever since it happened.
Old 2008-12-22, 06:52   Link #793
carmolita

Yes but kaname sacrificed himself to give yuki that happy life. So the story in itself is a tragedy. I loved chapter 46.
Spoiler for chapter 46:
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 06:59   Link #794
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Yes but kaname sacrificed himself to give yuki that happy life. So the story in itself is a tragedy. I loved chapter 46.
Spoiler for chapter 46:
Wait... what exactly do you call

Spoiler:

Or whatever he said, that line was totally unneeded and it just increases my dislike for Kaname. God I can't wait for him to end up like Reinhard and Lelouch... but than again this is shoujo
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 08:42   Link #795
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wait... what exactly do you call

Spoiler:

Or whatever he said, that line was totally unneeded and it just increases my dislike for Kaname. God I can't wait for him to end up like Reinhard and Lelouch... but than again this is shoujo
Even if he says that, the final decision is still hers - the final decision has always been hers (like going back to fight Rido with Zero, protecting Zero, and giving her blood to him). Kaname has never agreed to any of Yuuki's actions - he lets her know of his disagreement, yes, but never once has he forced her to conform to his will.

But the most important action, aside from confessing his love to Yuuki, is Zero's decision to choose his hatred over his love for her. In the end, Zero cannot accept the vampire half of her. Kaname is the one that has accepted all of her, her human and vampire selves.

This is shoujo, but that doesn't set it in stone that Kaname may not end up like Lelouch - there is still a good possibility with this story.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 08:55   Link #796
Westlo
Lets be reality

What exactly do you think Kaname would've done if Yuuki had chosen to go with Zero? Go "C'est la vie" and just let it happen? His final words made it clear what he expected to happen... and I wouldn't exactly call wiping her memory (during Zero's confrontation with Shizuka) not trying to make her confirm to his will ^^

And really what separates Lelouch and Reinhard from someone like Kaname is that they were geniuses who still suffered setbacks while Kaname's hasn't hit any barriers yet. Everything has worked out nearly perfect for him at this stage of the manga (maybe Zero's more powerful than he expected?), which if anything convinces me he'll fall hard by mangas end.

I'm sure Zero will be put into the "villain" role in the near future since he's in junting season for pure bloods, but I'm fairly confident who will end up being the main antagonist at the end of the manga... of course even if Kaname dies and Zero and Yuuki live it doesn't mean they have to end up together.

But still way too early to predict anything at this stage, I'll like too see where the manga is going in the next few chapters before really going out on a limb, wonder if they will employ the good old time skip...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 09:16   Link #797
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

How can Kaname hit a barrier? Isn't he now for all purposes the leader of Vampires? The Council is gone. Rido dead. Who is left now?

I want to see more Kaname ownage. Not once have we seen him go all out...NOT ONCE! I WANNA SEE IT!
Old 2008-12-22, 11:33   Link #798
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
What exactly did Kaname sacrificed? Everything he did was calculated. Kaname is a very intelligent person.

All he did was wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. The right time was when he was about to be set free. Free from his master known as Rido. He made Zero the sacrificial lamb to free himself and gain all his ambition.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is what Kaname has done up to now.

-He has personal classmates/dormates/friends/bodyguards that is deeply loyal to him.

-He drank Shizuka's blood to make him stronger. While blaming Zero for her death.

-He let Zero drank his blood to prevent him from turning into a level E, in order to protect Yuuki. And little did we know then that he would have a grander scheme for Zero. (Yeah he sacrificed a little of his blood there.)

-He let Yuuki awaken hereby regaining all her memories and all that is left of her love for Kaname.

-He gave Zero again his blood and made him kill Rido(well with the help of Zero's brother he became the ultimate vampire hunter). While saying something like even if he goes crazy and tries to kill all the vampires. He will never hurt Yuuki.

-After Zero killed Rido. Kaname appeared and tries to kill Zero.

All these accomplished is getting the Vampire throne. Getting Yuuki for himself. Isolating Zero.And setting himself free from his master. There is nothing Tragic about Kaname.

Kaname gained too much for it to be called tragic.

Kaname is like the prince who plotted to overthrow the King. While leaving the protection of his princess to the knight. The knight then killed the king and the prince gets all the glory. Then the knight expendable as he is then is left by the prince and the princess, thrown away like garbage after the prince gained his ambition. The knight then is left alone with no one else to hold dear, while the prince and the princess live happily ever after.
Old 2008-12-22, 12:06   Link #799
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Or the Knight takes the Princess as his own and the Kingdom falls into ruins.

I'm going with a King Arthur example here.
Old 2008-12-22, 13:04   Link #800
neoguyver3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Or the Knight takes the Princess as his own and the Kingdom falls into ruins.

I'm going with a King Arthur example here.
can't really use that example in this case. Arthur really loved and trusted Lancelot. Don't think Kaname and Zero have that type of relationship.
neoguyver3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga