AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-31, 20:49   Link #281
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
From what i gathered she didnt know she was pregnant till after she was married. Logically she probably assumed it was her then husband. But im sure after she went to have a check up or to confirm that she really was pregnant the doctor told her how far along she was, thats standard proceeder. So if she had sex with sensei 3 months ago but has only been married for 2 months and she about 9 weeks along then she could assume for sure that it was senseis child. Also, the husband showed that he suspected a little but let it go. At one point when Nanaka's mom is defending herself, the husbands states "so thats why Nanaka looks so much like him" To say this statement meant that on some level he noticed how similar they looked to one another but felt he was being paranoid or over thinking things because as far as he knew she had been faithful. Lets be honest here looking at facial features on a child as they get older you can tell who they look like, its if we choose to believe it or not.

I still maintain the fact that Nanakas mom and sensei had a night of passion but nothing more and things got carried away, the three were close for a long time and its possible that feeling developed for both guys. If she didnt think she was pregnant and she cared about sensei so much she didnt have to marry the other guy. She married him because she chose him. Either way to me they were both bad choices and in the end Nanaka an innocent paid for it.
i got the idea that she was in love with both of them but kept the one with sensei from her husband......story not fleshed out enough to make any more assumptions....but thats all i got from that flashback
Old 2007-12-31, 20:53   Link #282
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

^I definitely think that she had feelings for Sakuraba. She was devastated at his funeral, way more than Nanaka was. The fact that she belittles the husband makes it seem that she regretted marrying the wrong man.
Old 2007-12-31, 22:43   Link #283
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
^I definitely think that she had feelings for Sakuraba. She was devastated at his funeral, way more than Nanaka was. The fact that she belittles the husband makes it seem that she regretted marrying the wrong man.
Someone's really good friend dies and they can't collapse from grief? I bet that if Nanaka's dad didn't hear the confession he would have been very supportive of her. My music teacher died, or one of my best friends died (well father of my child too )

It is all about the way people view each of their actions. Personally my stance is that of as long as it doesn't hurt Nanaka in any way. The parents are old enough to screw up their lives in what ever way they wish to, but they really should try not to drag her life through the mud too. The only one who did anything which we were shown that didn't badly impact on Nanaka was her mum saying she didn't want to abort. The rest of them were just self centred and crazed. <- Not defending her mum or her nights of hot passion, just that one action of not wanting to abort. That baby isn't an unknown bunch of cells, but it is Nanaka.
Old 2008-01-01, 06:34   Link #284
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I give this series a 7 overall.

It was obvious that he tried to commit suicide. I quickly realized she had issues because of her parents death way before the creepy letters in the mailbox. However it as an interesting show overall.

Sidenote: Whats with all the tragedy romances in 2007? Sola, Myself/Yourself, ef= a tale of memories, clannad..... If you air them back to back on the same day you can have "Depressing Wednesdays" or some other funny lineup.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-01-01, 19:15   Link #285
Pink_Freud
Rock Meets Psychology

Wow, the ending almost brought a tear to my eye. I think the series wrapped up nicely, if a bit inconsistently. I think the ending theme could have been cut for a little more of "Myself; Yourself" and some flashbacks to the years in between the time-jump, but oh well. I gave the episode a 10, because it was really good, and the series overall an 8.
Old 2008-01-01, 22:05   Link #286
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Freud View Post
Wow, the ending almost brought a tear to my eye.
Really? Wow I didn't feel that way at all and it is not because I am not the type that never feels moved in anime, on the contrary, I am a cry baby, but I didn't feel any thing with the end and it gave it a good rating too.
Old 2008-01-02, 00:54   Link #287
ironbomb

Tear probably from a happy ending after all the bad drama that the characters have been through.. at least I think thats why he/she might have teared from...
Old 2008-01-02, 02:34   Link #288
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Tear probably from a happy ending after all the bad drama that the characters have been through.. at least I think thats why he/she might have teared from...
That's not nice at all. Even though I do agree that the ending doesn't bring any tears to my eyes, a lot of series touched me even though it's not well-known/others hate it.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:51   Link #289
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
That's not nice at all. Even though I do agree that the ending doesn't bring any tears to my eyes, a lot of series touched me even though it's not well-known/others hate it.
I almost teared up in episode 10 during the scene of Shuusuke telling Shuuri that he was going to run away with her. That was the only time during the whole show and it was mostly because Shuusuke was so damn GAR when he did that.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:58   Link #290
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
how is that not nice?..dont think I stated anything rude -_-;.
There are times that people tear/get watery when HAPPY things occurr after all the conflicts/troubles they experienced and been through...
Old 2008-01-02, 15:05   Link #291
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I almost teared up in episode 10 during the scene of Shuusuke telling Shuuri that he was going to run away with her. That was the only time during the whole show and it was mostly because Shuusuke was so damn GAR when he did that.
For me it has to be either the letter box end or the train get away end...man this series had some powerful ends

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-01-02, 16:36   Link #292
ironbomb

Personally, the scene where you twins on the train..that whole scene from the point where Sana ran to the train station to where he tried to tell Shusuke what he once stated to him...that actually got me watery but not tearing or crying.
Old 2008-01-02, 22:34   Link #293
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

With this show I spend too much time with my jaw hanging open so it distracts the tear glands.
Old 2008-01-02, 22:36   Link #294
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I actually demand more romance.... This show sort of started out like a school life/romance then it seemed it completely forgot what it was about and took a nose dive into the pits of depression and emoness..

In the end we didn't even see Sana propose to Nanaka...
Old 2008-01-03, 00:17   Link #295
ironbomb

The ring wasnt enough to satisfy some of the viewers? I think they left it for you to imagine how Sana proposed to Nanaka =P, for all I know, he might not have even been able to propose and just offered her the ring. The series is short but we should accept it for how it is =).
Old 2008-01-03, 03:00   Link #296
tabun
rawr!

I am sort of disappointed with the ending of a show that started out rather promising (to me). It seemed a bit rushed, and the "10 years later" scene felt a bit lame...
Ah well, maybe it's because I am too spoiled with what I saw in ef - a tale of memories.

I'll give Myself; Yourself an 8 out of 10 points, because it had some very strong scenes, but did not go the whole distance. I was inclined to subtract a point for Aoi's voice (come on, not even close to bearable after a whooping ten years? Omigosh...), but given my high tolerance in this regard, the 8 is solid.

Cheers to you all, and I bid ye a happy new year (albeit a few days late).
Old 2008-01-05, 23:13   Link #297
kulaey

I think this one is a little too short, but the peoples' style I like. Story is good if it can stay longer!
Old 2008-01-09, 05:31   Link #298
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Soso ... gave it an 8 out of generosity... certainly did have my weeping into my beer but not horrible by any standard... I missed the boat on EF and am watching it now and I have to say EF's production values at the least seem much higher... also just on a random note, Nanaka's seiyuu is the blind kid in H2O Footprints! Talk about versatile...
Old 2008-01-10, 15:59   Link #299
Kinali

Just makes me wonder why Nanaka's mother never got a second child? The dad snapped cant really blame him (he wasnt really a bad guy until the end). He should have just left them in my opinion even though that still would have hurt Nanaka just not as much. I mean she didnt want to believe that her sensei was her father most people wont if their father was good to them. In the end the nicest person was Nanako's uncle (oh wait, its not her real uncle).
Old 2008-01-10, 20:44   Link #300
DanielSong39

In the end every single male adult in the show absolutely sucked, except for Nanaka's uncle.

One can only hope Sana does not follow in their footsteps; it may already be too late for Shuu.
Closed Thread