AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-22, 16:16   Link #1
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Shikamaru Mistaken [Spoilers]

I thought that Shikamaru was chosen above the rest of the participants in the Chuunin exam because he was wise enough to know when to quit out of the battle. I remember reading some of the other chuunin or jounin say that someone who loses his entire team for the completion of the mission has no right being a chuunin, however that is exactly what Shikamaru is doing. Hopefully for his case no one actually dies because if they do I can forsee Shikamaru being knocked down to genin again. Perhaps Shikamaru's ascension into chuunin was only meant to show the audience how much of an honour and responsibility it to be a chuunin. Showing Shikamaru being busted down to a genin would show the audience that even if you are smart beyond your age and your peers, it is not enough to make it in the ninja world. That last part is just a theory of mine which I think will happen after Sasuke chase is finished
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 16:26   Link #2
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Everyone seems to forget Morino Ibiki's lesson, which is that sometimes you have to go ahead and fight/complete your mission despite the costs. The mission occastionally IS worth the cost of the entire team. (In this case, it isn't).
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 17:23   Link #3
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Everyone seems to forget Morino Ibiki's lesson, which is that sometimes you have to go ahead and fight/complete your mission despite the costs. The mission occastionally IS worth the cost of the entire team. (In this case, it isn't).
you never know. if orochimaru gets the sharingan, who knows what will happen. certainly sacrificing 5 genin are worth the power of orochimaru exponentionally growing.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:34   Link #4
Sethi
StormRider

I agree with hobobaggins i mean Orochimaru getting Sharingan is not something the Leaf would want so they must prevent it at all costs, otherwise there goes Oro coping Jutsu's and Doing Mange Sharingans(Scary Tought).
The only good upside of this would be that Sasuke soul would be screwed big time.
Also given the enemies, the situation they are in and the members of the team i think Shikamaru is doing a good job and if Kimimaro wouldn't showed up Naruto and Shika would be now kicking Tayuya ass all over the place.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:53   Link #5
realdeal
The Real Deal

hmmm, if this was such an important case perhaps they shoud have cancelled some of the Jounin missions and sent jounins instead of genins? Or even at least chunnins. Its weird that we havent seen any strong leaf chunnins yet, only shiki.

Or Tsunade could have at least sent her lietenant with them, thats IF this is actually worth 5 lives its worth cancelling a jounin mission for it.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 19:11   Link #6
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Preventing Oro from getting the Sharingan "at all costs" could include killing Sasuke. If all 5 genin get trashed AND Sasuke ends up w/ Oro anyway, then the mission is a total failiure.

If all 5 genin get killed AND Sasuke gets killed/eyes gouged out, then the mission is still a success (pyrrhic victory).
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 20:54   Link #7
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

i dont see why she didnt send those two chuunin that were doing paperwork for her with the group i mean seriously
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 20:59   Link #8
googol

well, you don't know if any of them did die
googol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:27   Link #9
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
I've been wondering that, if this mission was so important why would you send a bunch of Genin and one rookie chuunin to do the job.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:30   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Those ain't ordinary Genin. They kicked the royal white *** of every one of Oro's guys so far, yet two Junnin's couldn't even lay a scratch on them. So I think she picked well.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:32   Link #11
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Now that I thought about it maybe she was wise in picking them, afterall she is the Hokage.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:32   Link #12
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Those ain't ordinary Genin. They kicked the royal white *** of every one of Oro's guys so far, yet two Junnin's couldn't even lay a scratch on them. So I think she picked well.
Uh, what are you talking about? They're getting owned.

Jounins couldn't lay a scratch??

The sounds had to go curse level 2, and then they barely won.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:44   Link #13
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-chan
I've been wondering that, if this mission was so important why would you send a bunch of Genin and one rookie chuunin to do the job.
As I pointed in another thread before, because Tsunade didn't know Sasuke left the Leaf with the 4 Sounds. All she was reported is that Sasuke had left the Leaf alone. So she didn't know how dangerous the mission would be. Of course she knew there would be enemies along the way, but she would never think that Sasuke was along with the 4 Sounds, the best warriors of Oro. If she knew that, she would send a group of Jounins, obviously.

Now, regarding the topic. Like raikage-san said, the mission has to be fullfilled at all costs, which's getting Sasuke back. Do you imagine what would happen if Orochimaru acquired the Sharingan? He would be unstopable. You may consider that sacrifices will be needed in a mission, especially one as dangerous as this one. They're betting their lives by fighting much stronger enemies than them. Shika proved being a wonderful leader so far. He tricked the 4 Sounds several times, and they probably could have taken Sasuke to the Leaf if Kimimaro hadn't appeared. The appearance of Kimi got everything out of track. Shika knows the responsilibty and the burden he carries, but he can't flee the mission right now, not when the safety of all the Hidden Leaf is in game. The real mission isn't to guarantee Sasuke's safety after all- but to stop Orochimaru from meeting with him at all costs. It's the reality, after all. though the Genins don't know the relationship between Oro and Sasuke after all.

It's something much bigger than many people think. Like I said before, if Orochimaru acquires the Sharingan, he'd be unstopable. It's the end. He would easily destroy the Leaf, and would become much stronger than he is now. Many lives are in game right now, lives of all the people who live at the Leaf.

Also, we don't know if any of them is really dead yet. Don't make earlier conclusions ^^
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 21:50   Link #14
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

pffft, when you see how shika beats that sound 4 chick you would want to make him hokage

Spoiler:

or so i suppose is what's going to happen
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 06:31   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

All that Vicious said is true, but there is one more thing.
Don't forget the human factor, Shika must deal with the personality of his comrades.
Who would have accepted to listen to him if he had ordered to them to give up the mission and to flee after the first opponent?
Choji and maybe Neji but Kiba and especially Naruto? No way in hell.

Beside they couldn't flee all together against Jiroubou, he would have killed them in the back.
Shika had only one choice, fight all together against Jiroubou with still a risk of death for all the team and the complete faillure of the mission.

Or the decision he made.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 11:21   Link #16
ri0

I think this mission wasnīt that important to Tsunade. She sent one Chuunin and told him to gather a bunch of 5 people (only Genins).
On the other hand she didnīt know that there are 4 Sounds so we donīt know what she had done if she knew.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 11:47   Link #17
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
you never know. if orochimaru gets the sharingan, who knows what will happen. certainly sacrificing 5 genin are worth the power of orochimaru exponentionally growing.
Exponent?? what?? the last time I used a word search on this forum was because of Hunter's title bother

I agree, however Kakashi knew Sasuke was a flight risk and although he didn't know the sound nins were about, everyone who is anyone knows about the "cursed seal" he has and knows how dangerous that is. I think they should of used a tracking or boundary collar on Sasuke. *heck it may even match his shoes!* :fingers:

Still bothers me that when his village needs him perhaps the most Sasuke just goes off to serve his own self interests. *oh here comes the flaming- I go hide now*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 12:33   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
All that Vicious said is true, but there is one more thing.
Don't forget the human factor, Shika must deal with the personality of his comrades.

Who would have accepted to listen to him if he had ordered to them to give up the mission and to flee after the first opponent?
Yeah, exactly...he says this like 3 or 4 episodes back. In a game of chess, there's always the option to withdraw your pieces and forfeit...but in real life...not a single one of his teammates would abandon this mission, and their supposed friend.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 13:02   Link #19
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
I think this mission wasnīt that important to Tsunade. She sent one Chuunin and told him to gather a bunch of 5 people (only Genins).
On the other hand she didnīt know that there are 4 Sounds so we donīt know what she had done if she knew.
I swear either people dont actually read the manga, or they dont remember anything that has been said.

There are no chuunin or jounin available to take the mission, everyone is already out on missions. They had to close the academy and send the teachers on missions, Kakashi, who was still recovering, was sent on a mission.

The only people available are the ones who were sent. (Dunno what the score is with those two chuunin helping Tsunade though, perhaps they arent combat ninja, more of a reconnoissance speciality).
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 14:15   Link #20
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
The only people available are the ones who were sent. (Dunno what the score is with those two chuunin helping Tsunade though, perhaps they arent combat ninja, more of a reconnoissance speciality).
or tsunade is doing something else with them

yeah.

they may have gone on a mission directly after carrying the papers... it is retarded for the chuunins to carry the papers though. they could have hired some non-ninja to do it... but on the other hand, the saftey of the papers comes into question.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote