AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-11-15, 16:56   Link #141
Dt_Talon

I'm sure they'll release a boxset after the single volumes have been released, you just gotta be patient

BTW, who actually releases 4 volumes with 6 episodes each?
Dt_Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 06:39   Link #142
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dt_Talon View Post
I'm sure they'll release a boxset after the single volumes have been released, you just gotta be patient

BTW, who actually releases 4 volumes with 6 episodes each?
Believe it or not, ADV Films released their Blue Seed series with, I believe, five episodes per disc, if memory serves.

What I'm concerned the most about is how much "localizing" or other "adaptation" they will do to the script. I hope they don't do it to the point where the flavor is lost or worse, completely destroyed. If their subs for AIR TV are anything like what I've heard from their dub (to be fair, I have not seen them so I cannot comment definitively about them) and if those are any indication of what we can expect for their adaptation, I don't hold much hope that their Kanon 2006 will be any better.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 17:23   Link #143
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
If their subs for AIR TV are anything like what I've heard from their dub (to be fair, I have not seen them so I cannot comment definitively about them) and if those are any indication of what we can expect for their adaptation, I don't hold much hope that their Kanon 2006 will be any better.
Well, it would probably be better to watch it for yourself before worrying about it too much. Sub scripts are not based on the dub script, and don't tend to be "localized" (except maybe for things like the order of names, which some fansubbers do as well). In any case, though, this is neither a question nor an answer, so we'd better leave it at that.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 15:47   Link #144
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Question

can someone show me a link or pm me and tell me what happens in the endings of the games? because i noticed that everyone keeps complaining (specifically about the nayuki clock ending?) about certain endings....so it'd be nice if somoene can explain !
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 09:03   Link #145
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it would probably be better to watch it for yourself before worrying about it too much. Sub scripts are not based on the dub script, and don't tend to be "localized" (except maybe for things like the order of names, which some fansubbers do as well).
This is precisely why I qualified my statement the way I did. I've seen some of ADV's titles where the subtitles for the Japanese track do not precisely match the English dub, which would lead me to believe that the subtitle script was a bit more directly adapted from the original material.

If anything, I guess I've gotten a little more sensitive to that recently ever since I started fansubbing myself. In any event, that's my problem.

Quote:
In any case, though, this is neither a question nor an answer, so we'd better leave it at that.
*nod* Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
can someone show me a link or pm me and tell me what happens in the endings of the games? because i noticed that everyone keeps complaining (specifically about the nayuki clock ending?) about certain endings....so it'd be nice if somoene can explain :)!
Spoiler for the ever-infamous "clock scene":

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 13:50   Link #146
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Is there a version of the kanon game with english subs ??? if so any links to buy from to the UK, And also will there be another series of Kanon???
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 08:30   Link #147
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Is there a version of the kanon game with english subs ??? if so any links to buy from to the UK, And also will there be another series of Kanon???
Nope. There are 2 sets of people working on patching, being Haelep (SP?) and RadicalR. Haelep won't release a patch unless he obtains permission from key for an authorized translation (Kind of impossible...), and RadicalR is sort of a dead site right now.
Old 2007-12-24, 06:42   Link #148
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Nope. There are 2 sets of people working on patching, being Haelep (SP?) and RadicalR. Haelep won't release a patch unless he obtains permission from key for an authorized translation (Kind of impossible...), and RadicalR is sort of a dead site right now.
Thats annoying because i found where to buy Kanon for the PC but there is now no patch , And to be fair the official company "key" would never support this, it's like i used to create patched and mods for a soccer game and we sent them to the proper company and they didn't reply back so looks like well never see this patch then .
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 14:26   Link #149
rg4619

Whether the RadicalR patch will be released also depends on Key's answer since they merely continued where Haeleth's translation left off. That's probably why the project has halted in the meantime - no one intends to contact Key anytime soon.

Anyway, I think they plan to release the patch as long as Key doesn't tell them to stop.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 02:14   Link #150
BladeStone

I saw in one thread that Kanon will be released on Blu Ray. Can anyone confirm this, or should I just jump on the DVD bandwagon?
Old 2008-01-05, 20:56   Link #151
Takuto19
Yarrrr

This might of been answered before but i'm not sure...

At the end of episode 10 in the Anime you see Makato with Piro up on the hill, but nothing really comes of it, what was the reason for it?

I'm guessing it's part of the game and they just wanted to show the viewers she's alright?

Just wondering, heh.
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:33   Link #152
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeStone View Post
I saw in one thread that Kanon will be released on Blu Ray. Can anyone confirm this, or should I just jump on the DVD bandwagon?
It's likely, but hasn't been announced. Air TV was released on Blu-Ray upscaled, so it probably depends on how that did sales-wise. Unlike Air, Kanon was done with HD in mind too.

EDIT: And this just applies to Japan of course. ADV hasn't announced any HD plans at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
This might of been answered before but i'm not sure...

At the end of episode 10 in the Anime you see Makato with Piro up on the hill, but nothing really comes of it, what was the reason for it?

I'm guessing it's part of the game and they just wanted to show the viewers she's alright?

Just wondering, heh.
It's a CG from the end of her route in the game. There's no text or anything to go with it as far as I know, so interpret it as you wish.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:33   Link #153
Deathscyther

So did Ayu remember everything that had happened when she was 'dreaming' after finally waking up? Because at the end of the anime, when Ayu was waiting on the bench with her hat on and Yuuichi came to get her with the weelchair, I got the feeling that she and Yuuichi were 'together' as in gf and bf.
Old 2008-04-03, 19:03   Link #154
michelle21

i believe that she was regainig her memory bit by bit and yuichi is helping her for love.
michelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 01:09   Link #155
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Just wanted to ask if this series is a sad one, specially what kind of ending cause i really cant stand tragedy ending animes, more if they are good ones

Thanks
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 01:13   Link #156
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Just wanted to ask if this series is a sad one, specially what kind of ending cause i really cant stand tragedy ending animes, more if they are good ones

Thanks
I won't lie, some parts are pretty tragic. Watch up to episode 10. That's where the series hits its saddest mark. Pretty much every thing after that is less sad by comparison. As for the ending, it's a happy one
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:08   Link #157
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I won't lie, some parts are pretty tragic. Watch up to episode 10. That's where the series hits its saddest mark. Pretty much every thing after that is less sad by comparison. As for the ending, it's a happy one
Great ! If there is a happy ending i'll be fine =D

Thanks
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 20:19   Link #158
vzfox

Question Kanon 2006 series...real location inspiration

According to Wikipedia, there were two different locations/settings for the inspiration of the series. One of them is in the Osaka district and the other is in the Sapporo district. I would like to know which one of the two was the actual city/town inspiration for the Kanon 2006 series.
vzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 12:28   Link #159
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

What is this ? Someone knows ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 14:02   Link #160
kurukuru

Send a message via MSN to kurukuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
What is this ? Someone knows ?

This is a side story and short story novel regarding to Kanon and Air.
But contents are not written by Jun Maeda or another key writer.
kurukuru is offline   Reply With Quote