AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 10 19.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 25.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 19.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-13, 04:45   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-12-13, 09:09   Link #2
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Ending image for episode 11:
Old 2008-12-13, 11:36   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Otou-san! It's been a while!

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-13, 13:11   Link #4
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

What is the author of this week's ending image known for?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Old 2008-12-13, 13:56   Link #5
Sides

Wow, this episode was kind of heavy.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-13, 14:40   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Seriousness is okay by me. I thought of this as a set-up episode for however they decide to find a conclusion. I'm still hoping those idol scenes from the OP will appear in the actual show. There was plenty of Nagi this week, which is a good thing. There was still some comedy, and there were great expressions on people's faces.

The ED artist this week is YUUKI Shinichi 結城心一. I didn't know him; perhaps someone else does. He is a mangaka, and has done a number of manga that I also didn't know. Right now he has something in Comic Rex called "Space-Slave Gotouta Risako," and other titles are: "Mato-chan," "Magical Comic Heart," "Hime na Kamena," etc.

Here is his home page. The year-links at the top lead to posts with drawings in them.

The animation director of this episode was Nakaji Keiko, who did Ramen Fighter Miki (Muteki Kanban Musume). Storyboard by Kagurazaka Tokiichi, who did storyboards for Blood+, Zoids Genesis, and Persona. The director was Natori Takahiro, who directed numerous episodes of various ARIA shows, as well Sketchbook episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-13 at 15:04.
Old 2008-12-13, 14:49   Link #7
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Excellent ep, now there is movement towards something more meaningful. Let's see where is this going to. Sadly it only appears now. Ah well.

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2008-12-13 at 15:09.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:32   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well the reason why it only appears now is because it's following the manga. And to make this happen earlier so we get even more story won't work because the events after the manga material that should be used in 13 just raise more questions. We also would miss out on some fun stuff with the supporting cast...
Old 2008-12-14, 00:31   Link #9
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
So was the scene that could be taken as a jab at the recent otaku rage over you-know-what anime-original, or did it come from the manga? (I'm assuming that, if it's from the manga, the reason it didn't provoke similar outrage was because of it being imagery and not "real", with respect to the Kannagi-verse.)
Old 2008-12-15, 14:27   Link #10
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

wtf is goning on

Spoiler for just found this:
Old 2008-12-15, 14:36   Link #11
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
wtf is goning on

Spoiler for just found this:
Spoiler for Obviously...:
Old 2008-12-15, 15:40   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
So was the scene that could be taken as a jab at the recent otaku rage over you-know-what anime-original, or did it come from the manga? (I'm assuming that, if it's from the manga, the reason it didn't provoke similar outrage was because of it being imagery and not "real", with respect to the Kannagi-verse.)
Indeed...I thought that was very strange

And I can't say much for the serious parts of this episode...it was rather boring (or was it because I am feeling tired?).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-12-15, 19:54   Link #13
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Series is taking a Serious Business approach, though atleast with the sub... I nearly dropped out of my chair at the 'my precious'. (More because of a particular clip involving that phrase and a certain AMV clip)
Old 2008-12-15, 21:31   Link #14
Itlandm
Porcupine

It seems we are approaching a conclusion after all. Since the manga is not concluded yet, I guess we can expect an anime-only episode next (at least partly). It should be interesting. I hope it will involve the mysterious second Nagi, of course, since it would be meaningless to include her in such a short anime and just leave the topic hanging. But who knows.

Anyway, I liked it.

In the artwork at the end of the ED song, there is a male figure in the upper right corner. Who is he? And what's with that posture?
Old 2008-12-15, 21:54   Link #15
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Excellent ep, now there is movement towards something more meaningful. Let's see where is this going to. Sadly it only appears now. Ah well.
Amen.

I'm probably in the minority but Nagi was really getting on my nerves, but this episode did well to breath some actual life into the show, even if it is a bit late.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-12-15, 22:55   Link #16
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
In the artwork at the end of the ED song, there is a male figure in the upper right corner. Who is he? And what's with that posture?
All you need to do is to go watch the Magical Girl ED we've had a few weeks back and you'll get your answer.
Old 2008-12-16, 00:05   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, pretty heavy there after a very funny start. That change of tone was so abrupt it almost gave me whiplash. The sensei as an expository device after being almost totally absent from the anime seemed a bit tacked-on, to me. I like the seriousness, too - this thing does need to wrap itself up pretty quickly, with no obvious course in sight. Still - there was a lot of "wtf" in this ep for me...
Old 2008-12-16, 02:09   Link #18
Decel

I like Zange's father's presence in the episode, especially the reason he confronted Jin (for a parent he did seem invisible so far).

That being said, I'm more confused than anything right now. Not sure I understand what's going on nor what the father meant with his theory (I'm assuming the subs aren't screwed up )...

Great light-hearted series though. The types I can watch as-soon-as-it-appears -kinda like minami-ke.
Old 2008-12-16, 02:10   Link #19
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, but quite heavy in atmospher after the half of the episode, so it getting serious now, althought it is same as manga, but still enjoyable.
Old 2008-12-16, 02:58   Link #20
mavarek

Yeah, this episode really came out of left field for me. I felt the same way as sensei, "why are you only now starting to ask these questions?"

I had a couple theories about Nagi and her sister, but pretty much had to throw them all out by halfway through this episode... Hopefully we'll get some closure that will actually make sense =/

Oh, and WOW but isn't that a comically large belly
Closed Thread