AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 19:36   Link #4421
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'll play...

Nothing else to do but lament over a team that could only muster 1 first down (49ners) barely beating a team we (The Saints) put 50 points on(Giants)...What a cruel world...
Then I will PM the idea to you.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:03   Link #4422
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
49ers had 15 first downs in the game. And the Saints didn't score 50 points on the Giants. Way to exaggerate the truth.
LOL, Correction: 1 3rd Down Conversion out of 13

Saints 49-24 over the Giants in 2011...Have you said hello to Nicholas Cage yet?
Old 2012-01-24, 02:12   Link #4423
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
LOL, Correction: 1 3rd Down Conversion out of 13

Saints 49-24 over the Giants in 2011...Have you said hello to Nicholas Cage yet?
And the 49ers defense held the Saints offense to 5 third down conversions out of 15 attempts the previous weekend. What is that, 33%? Not too far from the 49ers average of 29% for the entire season. The almighty Saints offense you wouldn't stop talking about all season long.

49 isn't 50. That is the truth.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 12:48   Link #4424
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ Jumpin Jack Jesus... The Saints had the greatest 3rd down conversion rate in the HISTORY OF THE NFL...Who would not talk $hit about this if they had confidence in their team? With 3 Injured starters out (Thomas, Meachum, and Moore), that was the exception to the rule vs. that good niners' D where we still scored 32 points, but who needs 3rd down anyway when we kick a$$ on first and second down too? We were an almighty offense, ain't no getting around that...

It sickens me that a team that could only muster 1 3rd down conversion, 1 pass to a WR for 3 yards (Jesbow!), against a team we blasted for 50 points...It's sickening, but them the breaks...Thank God they didn't make it to the Superbowl to even more embarrass us...My anger and hurt has turned into shame now...
Old 2012-01-24, 12:53   Link #4425
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

considering the weather, I'm amazed the Giants ultimately pulled out a win with how much Eli was getting hit/sacked.

Just because you put up a ton of points on them before, doesn't mean you can do it again...unless you're Tom Brady and facing the Broncos
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:17   Link #4426
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Look my team was great...We somehow loss to a team that made 1 more play than we could, but I have no delusions on how great and historic my team was this year...Most of America saw it in countless national TV games...It f*ckin hurts and to make matters worse, the team that beat us played so poorly against a team we destroyed...Its just a lost meaningless season when we accomplished so much...For the niners give them a pat on the back, no one expected jack$hit from them, for the Saints, we were on the cusp of a dynasty, and the window closes slightly on that now...
Old 2012-01-24, 13:33   Link #4427
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

shit happens C'est la vie
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:05   Link #4428
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Look my team was great...We somehow loss to a team that made 1 more play than we could, but I have no delusions on how great and historic my team was this year...Most of America saw it in countless national TV games...It f*ckin hurts and to make matters worse, the team that beat us played so poorly against a team we destroyed...Its just a lost meaningless season when we accomplished so much...For the niners give them a pat on the back, no one expected jack$hit from them, for the Saints, we were on the cusp of a dynasty, and the window closes slightly on that now...
You'll get a chance to settle the grudge with us in 2012. And as for our loss against The Giants, that was due to our utter lack of a receiving corp worth shit. Hell, Vernon Davis was only able to make the catches that he did because he's the only receiver left from Alex Smith's first season. I generally blame Nolan and Singletary's utter lack of understanding of the air game and the fetishization of style of football that isn't really played anymore for The Niners past and present ills.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:40   Link #4429
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I know I'm a little late with this comment but, woooot! Go Giants! My heart soared when they made that conversion in OT. Hears praying for the Super Bowl (b ^_^)b
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 02:47   Link #4430
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
^ Jumpin Jack Jesus... The Saints had the greatest 3rd down conversion rate in the HISTORY OF THE NFL...Who would not talk $hit about this if they had confidence in their team? With 3 Injured starters out (Thomas, Meachum, and Moore), that was the exception to the rule vs. that good niners' D where we still scored 32 points, but who needs 3rd down anyway when we kick a$$ on first and second down too? We were an almighty offense, ain't no getting around that...

It sickens me that a team that could only muster 1 3rd down conversion, 1 pass to a WR for 3 yards (Jesbow!), against a team we blasted for 50 points...It's sickening, but them the breaks...Thank God they didn't make it to the Superbowl to even more embarrass us...My anger and hurt has turned into shame now...
Yes, you were great at converting third downs, until you ran into a wall. And that wall was San Francisco's D.

Quote:
New Orleans is going to have to learn how to win games away from the dome if they want to reach the Super Bowl again. The only exception to that is is they consistently have the number one seed over and over and over. Or if the seeds above them are dome teams. Because if they have to go outside they'll probably lose again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
You'll get a chance to settle the grudge with us in 2012. And as for our loss against The Giants, that was due to our utter lack of a receiving corp worth shit. Hell, Vernon Davis was only able to make the catches that he did because he's the only receiver left from Alex Smith's first season. I generally blame Nolan and Singletary's utter lack of understanding of the air game and the fetishization of style of football that isn't really played anymore for The Niners past and present ills.
The 49ers receiving corps is God-awful. Crabtree is approaching bust-status too. That guy gets no separation. Personally I think his days are numbered with the 49ers. Mario Manningham, the Giants third receiver would probably be number one on our depth chart. Free agency is LOADED with high profile wide receivers this offseason. We might just make a run at them. Also in the draft I'm hoping we use our first pick on a wide receiver. Maybe Alshon Jeffery. Josh Morgan is coming back too and he in my opinion is definitely the best receiver on our roster. He was off to a great year until he broke his ankle.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-25, 03:35   Link #4431
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Yes, you were great at converting third downs, until you ran into a wall. And that wall was San Francisco's D.

New Orleans is going to have to learn how to win games away from the dome if they want to reach the Super Bowl again. The only exception to that is is they consistently have the number one seed over and over and over. Or if the seeds above them are dome teams. Because if they have to go outside they'll probably lose again.

The 49ers receiving corps is God-awful. Crabtree is approaching bust-status too. That guy gets no separation. Personally I think his days are numbered with the 49ers. Mario Manningham, the Giants third receiver would probably be number one on our depth chart. Free agency is LOADED with high profile wide receivers this offseason. We might just make a run at them. Also in the draft I'm hoping we use our first pick on a wide receiver. Maybe Alshon Jeffery. Josh Morgan is coming back too and he in my opinion is definitely the best receiver on our roster. He was off to a great year until he broke his ankle.
Actually Crabtree didn't too badly this season, he actually leads The Niners in receiving yards this season and could very well manage at least 1,000 next season, the problem with is just that he choked in the playoffs. I agree with you about Josh Morgan having potential. And I do think that we should go for more depth on the receiving chart, because that's what utterly killed us during the regular season.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:19   Link #4432
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Actually Crabtree didn't too badly this season, he actually leads The Niners in receiving yards this season and could very well manage at least 1,000 next season, the problem with is just that he choked in the playoffs. I agree with you about Josh Morgan having potential. And I do think that we should go for more depth on the receiving chart, because that's what utterly killed us during the regular season.
Yes, but he wasn't a game breaker. He didn't dominate games. When you take a receiver that high in the draft with all the hype that surrounded him coming out of college, you expect AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones production. Crabtree is barely looking like a decent number two receiver. He never gets separation down the field unless it's against the Rams defense. Morgan can at least do that. Honestly I'm about done with Crabtree as a fan. For all of the crap he pulled as a rookie with holding out and continuously getting hurt up until year, missing training camps, he's definitely not looking like he was a top ten pick. 49ers should have traded down and got Hakeem Nicks instead.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-25, 09:09   Link #4433
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd just like to say one thing about the NFC 'who made it and who didn't" argument going on here - you can be stellar for a whole season and light up the screen. But if you're not up to scratch on the one day that matters - then it doesn't mean much when all is said and done aside from certain individual accolades.

The Giants may have been mediocre during the regular season. But they considerably lifted their game in the playoffs. Uncharacteristic errors cost San Francisco, New Orleans and Green Bay on the day. Pressure and other factors in the leadup can turn any seemingly invincible team into a beatable one. And frankly that's what I've liekd with how the NFC has turned out. A team not many were considering a legitimate contender this year was able to perform when it mattered most. There's a lot of healthy competition in both conferences - which is very unlike the current state of the AFL where only 2-3 sides are real contenders and everyone else is literally just making up the numbers come the finals. I've been into NFL more lately because the game has a better spread of talent and that come the playoffs, a lower ranked side does have a chance at beating the favourite.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:16   Link #4434
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Yes, but he wasn't a game breaker. He didn't dominate games. When you take a receiver that high in the draft with all the hype that surrounded him coming out of college, you expect AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones production. Crabtree is barely looking like a decent number two receiver. He never gets separation down the field unless it's against the Rams defense. Morgan can at least do that. Honestly I'm about done with Crabtree as a fan. For all of the crap he pulled as a rookie with holding out and continuously getting hurt up until year, missing training camps, he's definitely not looking like he was a top ten pick. 49ers should have traded down and got Hakeem Nicks instead.
I agree with you in that he hasn't lived up to his promise, but I think that Crabtree's separation issues do stem from the fact that most teams were prioritizing on shutting him down use to the fact that they knew that Alex Smith only had one other viable receiving target: Vernon Davis. This is why I think that The Niners really need more depth in their receiving corp.
Old 2012-01-25, 12:42   Link #4435
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I agree with you in that he hasn't lived up to his promise, but I think that Crabtree's separation issues do stem from the fact that most teams were prioritizing on shutting him down use to the fact that they knew that Alex Smith only had one other viable receiving target: Vernon Davis. This is why I think that The Niners really need more depth in their receiving corp.
Crabtree is just slow. He wasn't a burner coming out of college and it's showing. He's a poor man's Keyshawn Johnson.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-26, 16:30   Link #4436
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://gridiron-league.com/

^Some of those are pretty neat. Carolina's logo is one the worst of the bunch, though, along with the Jaguars and Rams.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:15   Link #4437
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
http://gridiron-league.com/

^Some of those are pretty neat. Carolina's logo is one the worst of the bunch, though, along with the Jaguars and Rams.
That's cool. The Patriots one reminds me of the Revolution a bit, though (soccer team).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 12:08   Link #4438
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

It's not as good as some of the others(the entire AFC West. NFC North and NFC East), but the Ravens on is pretty good.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:21   Link #4439
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yall loving the Probowl? Pretty good game considering the D-lines are rushing the Quaterbacks like Pacman ghosts out there...

My last chance to see the great Breesus and Jimmy Graham...Looks like NBC Television loves them even more than saints fans^^...A little something to get me thru the offseason...

Oh... and...

LMMFAO @ NBC Halftime show...You could drop a 90lbs cinderblock on Tom Brady's lap and he wouldn't move an inch with how stiff he is in that interview with Bob Costas...Aw man $hit is too funny xD...Rep points to anyone who was laffing at how stiff he was on TV...
Old 2012-01-29, 22:01   Link #4440
Alchemist007
*Author

Marshall - play of the game.

Tags
american football, sports