AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 11:18   Link #6821
GDB

He's not going to be anything more than a wildcat QB either way. Not when you got Brady and Mallet (who isn't amazing or anything, but they've been working on him for years), unless Mallet is actually horrible and they've been able to keep it a secret. And I'm pretty sure he can play wildcat QB as a TE or WR still, since Joe Webb was able to be multi-classified I believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:13   Link #6822
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Okay, can anyone explain to me what is happening with the recent events of players getting trouble in the off season? It only been a month and now another player got in trouble. Ausar Walcott is charge with attempted murder. This kid is a rookie, who just signed a month ago. He beat up a man to critical condition in a Gentleman's Club.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:31   Link #6823
GDB

Basically, their egos infate way too much way too fast, they think they're invincible and that the money that they don't actually have will protect them.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:37   Link #6824
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

*Sigh*, If I had that amount of money, I would place 60 percent in a saving account to gather up interest, 20 percent in a checking account, and the rest in investments. Does the U.S. no longer teach business and Economics in High School or College anymore or does students these days let it go out the other ear?
Old 2013-06-26, 12:45   Link #6825
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Okay, can anyone explain to me what is happening with the recent events of players getting trouble in the off season? It only been a month and now another player got in trouble. Ausar Walcott is charge with attempted murder. This kid is a rookie, who just signed a month ago. He beat up a man to critical condition in a Gentleman's Club.
He actually punched the guy once.

I doubt attempted murder will stick, it will probably be down aggravated assault most likely (assuming the guy lives).

Quote:
*Sigh*, If I had that amount of money, I would place 60 percent in a saving account to gather up interest, 20 percent in a checking account, and the rest in investments. Does the U.S. no longer teach business and Economics in High School or College anymore or does students these days let it go out the other ear?
Just because you take a course doesn't mean it'll stick, I don't remember 9/10th of the stuff I was taught during business in high school now, and I got an A. And college, unless you were in a business-based major, obviously it's not taken.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:56   Link #6826
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
He actually punched the guy once.

I doubt attempted murder will stick, it will probably be down aggravated assault most likely (assuming the guy lives).

Just because you take a courses doesn't it'll stick, I don't remember 9/10 of the stuff I was taught during business in high school now, and I got an A. And college, unless you were in a business-based major, obviously it's not taken.
Reports are indicating that the victim, 24 years old Derrick Jones is in critical condition and is now in a local hospital. The Browns release Walcott soon afterwards, his bail is 500,000 dollars. He is not only charge with first degree attempted murder, but as well second-degree aggravated assault and third degree endangering an injured victim.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:04   Link #6827
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I know the circumstances and charges, I'm saying that the attempted murder likely won't stick if it's was one punch to the head. That implies intent to kill and I doubt that Walcott attempted to kill the guy in a club fight. This is usually what happens; the DA charges the defendant with everything they can, then remove it/plead down when necessary, because it's easier to drop charges than add charges.

And if Jones dies, then it'll likely be plead down to some kind of manslaughter.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:08   Link #6828
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I know the circumstances and charges, I'm saying that the attempted murder likely won't stick if it's was one punch to the head. That implies intent to kill and I doubt that Walcott attempted to kill the guy in a bar fight. This is usually what happens; the DA charges the defendant with everything they can, then remove it/plead down when necessary, because it's easier to drop charges than add charges.

And if Jones dies, then it'll likely be plead down to some kind of manslaughter.
True, I agree with your statements. Just wondering how and why this transaction took place.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:14   Link #6829
GDB

Quote:
Does the U.S. no longer teach business and Economics in High School or College anymore or does students these days let it go out the other ear?
The most economics or business school EVER taught me (and I was in a relatively high class area by middle class standards) was in elementary school, when they got us to open bank accounts. And even then, it was mostly "here's how to balance a check book".

Even college is more of a business or country's (or state/locality, whether in macro or micro) economy rather than personal finance. And the only ones required to take Finance classes are Accounting and Finance majors (maybe a few other business ones, but those are likely more broad and less informative versions of the class). The majority of football players are Communication or Liberal Art majors. They're lucky if they ever have to touch a calculator outside of college algebra, which many Accounting and Finance majors would've completed in high school.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:25   Link #6830
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I assume most people learn to manage their money through their parents, at least I did.

Of course, most players lost their money through being too giving with family (especially distant family who didn't pop up until the player got his signing bonus) and shitty invesments like Mark Brunell and Curt Shilling.

And then their are guys like Allen Iverson. . .
Old 2013-06-26, 13:26   Link #6831
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The most economics or business school EVER taught me (and I was in a relatively high class area by middle class standards) was in elementary school, when they got us to open bank accounts. And even then, it was mostly "here's how to balance a check book".

Even college is more of a business or country's (or state/locality, whether in macro or micro) economy rather than personal finance. And the only ones required to take Finance classes are Accounting and Finance majors (maybe a few other business ones, but those are likely more broad and less informative versions of the class). The majority of football players are Communication or Liberal Art majors. They're lucky if they ever have to touch a calculator outside of college algebra, which many Accounting and Finance majors would've completed in high school.
I must have gotten one of those dedicated professor in college for Economics, she taught me personal finance up to Global GDP. She was a total monster, everyday was 2 hours class and 3 hours homework afterwards. My business class, he was an old man, but he knew the business world inside out and even made students form a Demographics of London and Paris, then students are to choose which city is the best to start a water bottle company. My report of the Demographics and Business took up to 30 pages.

Getting back on topic, there are reports that Aaron Hernandez may be charge for First Degree Murder.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:33   Link #6832
GDB

As was said above, charge them with everything and drop what doesn't fit later. It's harder to get charges added than to drop them (by a very considerable level).
Old 2013-06-26, 13:45   Link #6833
Samari
World's Greatest

Official charge from the DA on Hernandez: Murder. Six other charges (gun related) as well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:48   Link #6834
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Official charge from the DA on Hernandez: Murder. Six other charges (gun related) as well.
Yeah, I got a bad feeling this is going to stick.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:53   Link #6835
Samari
World's Greatest

Made me chuckle.

Quote:
SportsPickle @sportspickle Aaron Hernandez's lawyers should probably advise him not to make "I want to kill you" eyes at the prosecutor.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-06-26, 14:11   Link #6836
Samari
World's Greatest

[/QUOTE]

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-06-26, 14:32   Link #6837
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
[/QUOTE]

Think you are having a bit too much fun.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:49   Link #6838
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm not the one going to prison.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-06-26, 17:24   Link #6839
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I'm not the one going to prison.
True, not talking about Aaron Hernandez, but talking about the Nike symbol on it.
Old 2013-06-26, 18:56   Link #6840
sky black swordman

The latest news is that Aaron Hernandez, has been arraigned and has pleaded not guilty on the count of murder in the first degree.

Hernandez was ordered to be held without bail and was taken to the Bristol County House of Corrections.

Quote:
Prosecutors detailed in court how Hernandez orchestrated the execution of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. He's a family friend who was found dead Monday in an industrial lot about a mile from Hernandez's home.

Prosecutors say surveillance video shows Hernandez driving the car allegedely involved in the crime. Surveillance video from his own home also allegedly shows Hernandez carrying the gun believed to match the murder weapon.

Tags
american football, sports