AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 19:15   Link #1421
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Another reason why the NFL is becoming absolute garbage. I think this rant by former NFL player Mark Schlereth:

It has been garbage since day one when Goodell became Commissioner nor marketing started to became a deadly disease to everything in general. The PR (Inmates) are running the asylum and they said players were the crazy ones.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 23:27   Link #1422
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Here is the video.

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 08:51   Link #1423
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It's like telling a boxer not to punch his opponent's head... Yeah, it's definitely safer. No question about that. But it just isn't the same game without the hard hits. It's no longer American football. And Schlereth is right on the money in being outraged that they're fining the players for this... The players are doing their job. The sleazy execs are screwing them over and not paying a dime out of their pockets. Clearly they've never played football, because I have and despite the fact that I'm slower and less intense than an NFL player I sure as hell couldn't change my trajectory within a fraction of a second... It's just asking way too much, and the result will be lots of fines or less hits... simple as that.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 14:04   Link #1424
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I wonder who'll be the first player to get suspended.
Old 2010-10-22, 19:13   Link #1425
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Here is the video.

I listened to this video... all I see are:

(a) rich white men refusing to pay up on player retirement costs (surgeries, etc.)

(b) rich white men thinking that applying this rule will reduce player injury

(c) rich white men wanting to protect QBs and WRs more because those two positions make the NFL money

(d) rich white men who never played the game run the league
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:43   Link #1426
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
I listened to this video... all I see are:

(a) rich white men refusing to pay up on player retirement costs (surgeries, etc.)

(b) rich white men thinking that applying this rule will reduce player injury

(c) rich white men wanting to protect QBs and WRs more because those two positions make the NFL money

(d) rich white men who never played the game run the league
Have you forgot all of the above?
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:50   Link #1427
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If the Head Office wants to cut down injuries so much, why don't they make all cut blocks illegal and fine-able as well? That's just as unnecessary as helmet-to-helmet hits, and defensive players agree. They could call it the 'Shanahan Rule'.

You gotta give the defense something to work with, either above and/or making pass interference a 15 yard foul rather than a spot foul.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:44   Link #1428
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Have you forgot all of the above?
ALL is implied
Old 2010-10-22, 22:02   Link #1429
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
If the Head Office wants to cut down injuries so much, why don't they make all cut blocks illegal and fine-able as well? That's just as unnecessary as helmet-to-helmet hits, and defensive players agree. They could call it the 'Shanahan Rule'.

You gotta give the defense something to work with, either above and/or making pass interference a 15 yard foul rather than a spot foul.
The owners and money-grubbing douchebags up top are turning the sport into an all-out offensive shootout...because they assume that is what people want to see. And what people want to see if what is going to give them the most money. Screw the integrity of the game...not like it's important or anything.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:42   Link #1430
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The owners and money-grubbing douchebags up top are turning the sport into an all-out offensive shootout...because they assume that is what people want to see. And what people want to see if what is going to give them the most money. Screw the integrity of the game...not like it's important or anything.
I still remember that boggy Steelers-Dolphins game a few years ago -- where the field conditions were so soggy such that the ball would land right on spot (with no bounce what so ever).

As much as we like to see high scoring games (especially for Fantasy owners), low scoring affairs can be interesting too.
Old 2010-10-23, 15:46   Link #1431
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

^Heavy snow bowls are my favorite games.

Lol, after dominating Nebraska, Texas gets beat by Iowa State.
Old 2010-10-23, 17:16   Link #1432
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Lol, after dominating Nebraska, Texas gets beat by Iowa State.

The BCS sucks but I love college football for results like that.
Old 2010-10-23, 18:26   Link #1433
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is why LSU fans hate Les Miles...Over and over and over again the same $hit...This time luck didn't smile on him...The LSU offense is the worst $hit I have ever witnessed at this high of a level of College football...Now our Defense got ripped, but they were on the field all game getting hammered by HAM Newton...Really only gave up 17 points minus the Jefferson INT that setup Auburns first score...

LSU should be like 4-3...7-1 is the real luck...We suck and I await the next awful, mind-boggling coaching bungle...

On a good note, our starting Fullback is a better QB than the 2 slags we have faith in...
Old 2010-10-23, 18:31   Link #1434
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This is why LSU fans hate Les Miles...Over and over and over again the same $hit...This time luck didn't smile on him...The LSU offense is the worst $hit I have ever witnessed at this high of a level of College football...Now our Defense got ripped, but they were on the field all game getting hammered by HAM Newton...Really only gave up 17 points minus the Jefferson INT that setup Auburns first score...

LSU should be like 4-3...7-1 is the real luck...We suck and I await the next awful, mind-boggling coaching bungle...

On a good note, our starting Fullback is a better QB than the 2 slags we have faith in...
What a crazy end to the game... but what else should we expect. This was an AU-LSU game!

The Auburn Tigers beat the LSU Corndogs****!!!!

I'm just glad we had finally some luck go our way against LSU! Y'all have had our number as of late!

For those of you outside the SEC:
**** http://www.trackemtigers.com/2010/10...corn-dog-story
Old 2010-10-23, 23:22   Link #1435
Rajura

Wow! And another #1 goes down! Well done Mizzou, well done!
Old 2010-10-23, 23:56   Link #1436
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Me and you both know Auburn is gonna choke in the end (Be honest)...Hopefully Nick Saban will be the first smart coach who actually DARES Cam to throw the ball by flooding the line of scrimmage with extra defenders...

Why the eff we we're playing safeties back and zone coverages vs. this guy is beyond me...He had 86 yds passing and isn't very accurate which goes without saying...I woulda played Zero Coverage and forced him to pass the ball...Sure he would have forced some runs, but surely trying to make him pass has to become more than a fleeting thought for some D-Coordinator...
Old 2010-10-23, 23:59   Link #1437
solomon

Quote:
YOOUUUU SAID IT BROTHER!!!

Man, Wisky vs, Iowa was a great game. I didn't see all of Okie and Mizzou but saw the end I was like DAYUMMM!!

What'll ya bet that the regents just considered extending Pinkei's contract?

Also, WTF Texas?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 00:03   Link #1438
Rajura

I don't know... they may, but I'll keep on hoping and believing until they do (if they do) choke.

Sure this isn't the 2004 team, sure Cam is a beast and doing a lot... A LOT of the work, but week after week I see things improving. Yes there are plenty of holes... and still 3 stumbling blocks before AU even thinks about an SEC championship appearance. But, I see this team staying grounded, every team on the schedule looks beatable (definitely not easy but beatable)!
Old 2010-10-24, 00:35   Link #1439
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Their Defensive secondary is crap...Sooner or later they'll be outscored by a competent offensive team (Which an intramural flag football team is compared to LSU) ... LSU's D only gave up 17 points IMO...If Mallet doesn't get a concussion they probably get beat by the Razorbacks...

I'll give credit where credit is due...Ham Newton is a beast, but ya gotta make him prove he can throw it and it doesn't appear he's very good at doing that...I woulda rushed 7 with 8 in the box across the line and dared him to throw it on Peterson, Claiborne, and Matheiu (3 great DB's)...Have no clue what LSU was thinking there, but they wore us down today, mostly because our Offense did nothing to help the Defense...They were worn-out the whole 4th quarter...
Old 2010-10-24, 06:53   Link #1440
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
(Edited to save space)

^Their Defensive secondary is crap...Sooner or later they'll be outscored by a competent offensive team (Which an intramural flag football team is compared to LSU) ... LSU's D only gave up 17 points IMO...If Mallet doesn't get a concussion they probably get beat by the Razorbacks...

I'll give credit where credit is due...Ham Newton is a beast, but ya gotta make him prove he can throw it and it doesn't appear he's very good at doing that...
They were worn-out the whole 4th quarter...
Well, yeah the secondary is weak, but they are playing better than they were, considering how inexperienced they started out (as a whole) and the experienced leadership that is on the disabled list. Our secondary has made average QBs and receivers look like All-Americans, but they seem to bring it in the fourth and all year they have been good about not giving up too many big plays, but when they do, oh boy are they big for the other team!!! Still, you are right... Arkansas put on a clinic for how to pick our secondary APART!!!! Someone else could easily do it again!

I'll be glad when Mallet graduates, he is insane... he'll play on Sundays for sure! However, I don't feel any better seeing what the future holds at Arkansas. Wilson is already an incredible passer (sure we probably made him look a little better than he really is) and picked-up right where Mallet left off! Barring a few poor passes in the fourth quarter, they would have won. I really think Mallet could not have done any better that day. I think Wilson will be a thorn in the side of everyone in the SEC West after Mallet leaves (ack).

And anyway, yeah Cam is not the most accurate passer. His numbers look good because he only really passes when he HAS to pass or when SHOULD pass. He is GENERALLY a safe passer and he and his receivers get it done when they need to, especially in the fourth quarter. However, he needs to be careful of letting those passes sail on him or else someone's gonna get a Pick-6!

Tags
american football, sports