AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 13:30   Link #4041
The Green One

Considering how far 12 episodes can take us, unless they create a lot of filler seeing the semifinals in the upcoming anime shouldn't be a problem. The end of them is probably where the anime is going to end.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 16:31   Link #4042
teja208
Critical fanboy

I wonder whether manga will reach halfway into the vice-captain match by the time anime starts airing. If not, I'd rather prefer a split cour to give manga time to catch up. I prefer them not doing extra OVAs episodes every month like Achiga.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:31   Link #4043
raincrow

They'd be covering around at least 60 chapters in the next anime, if they're animating both the quarter finals and the semi finals. That would definitely be enough for 12 eps, if not more (considering the first anime was 25 eps, covering roughly the same amount of chapters + filler eps).

Yeah, I can only really see it ending with the semi finals. Then they'd need a third season to show the finals, after the manga covers it. And who knows, Shinohayu might be animated too.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 04:42   Link #4044
Arcorann

Full raws are out. Not much to say without a translation, but:

Spoiler:

Also, happy birthday to Nodoka!
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 05:34   Link #4045
kantou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Considering how far 12 episodes can take us, unless they create a lot of filler seeing the semifinals in the upcoming anime shouldn't be a problem. The end of them is probably where the anime is going to end.
I think we will have the semifinals of the group B in anime and the final block B Oav 2015.someone could help me understand the play style of Kei Arakawa in saki Achiga hen portable ?
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:11   Link #4046
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
Full raws are out. Not much to say without a translation, but:

Spoiler:

Also, happy birthday to Nodoka!
wow, what a huge gap. reminds me of shiratodai's match in achiga.
Old 2013-10-04, 13:04   Link #4047
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow, what a huge gap. reminds me of shiratodai's match in achiga.
That makes me more think of the gap in the quarter final of achiga, against Senriyama. The gap for Shiraitodai was a lot bigger, at least in the sergeant match.
Old 2013-10-06, 11:52   Link #4048
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
I think we will have the semifinals of the group B in anime and the final block B Oav 2015.someone could help me understand the play style of Kei Arakawa in saki Achiga hen portable ?
Kei's playstyle in the PSP is that she gets good hands if she doesn't win for a few turns. Very nifty ability, like how Kana gets monstrous hands if she has less than few points

Also, MakoxHisa is CONFIRMED

She gets a flashback involving Hisa. I support this actually more than the one sided love of Mihoko and Hisa.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:05   Link #4049
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Kei's playstyle in the PSP is that she gets good hands if she doesn't win for a few turns. Very nifty ability, like how Kana gets monstrous hands if she has less than few points

She gets a flashback involving Hisa. I support this actually more than the one sided love of Mihoko and Hisa.
So, Kei's power is pretty much Bide. Hopefully is more useful in mahjong.

Nuh-uh, this only puts Mako in the same level as Mihoko, at most.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:14   Link #4050
night_sentinel

Quote:
No wonder Kei got second against Teru. Her ability has too much synergy with Teru's roll-out. When your fighting against the champion, you're guaranteed to lose quite a lot of turns which will of course activate Kei's ability.

And it explains Satoha's comment about Kei not losing her smile despite the drubbing. The more Kei loses the better her later position is.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 10:35   Link #4051
raincrow

I enjoyed reading your Saki blog night_sentinel I only really get mahjong basics so a lot of the tactics are lost on me, but it's always fun to read more in depth analysis of the characters.

So, I know Himematsu isn't as popular as Rinkai in terms of fan popularity (from what I've garnered at least), but personally I'd love to see Kyouko take on all the monsters in the finals. The super "normal" player theme seems to be a good antithesis to Saki herself. I see players like her, Yumi, Hisa, possibly Harue, as admirable in that regard (no offense to Saki!!!)

Shizu vs. Kyouko is funny to me as well, because there's no powers to null (at least none that have been shown).
Old 2013-10-07, 12:41   Link #4052
King-Slayer

Chapters out.

Not much to say here. Though i'm not much of a Mako fan, I did enjoy seeing her younger self. Also her grandpa seems pretty damn cool

Quote:

Me being the guy with the BuCap avatar, I have to say that nothing is confirmed. Plus it was just something we've seen in the beginning few chapters. Those two did have a preview of them talking in the snow last round.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 13:59   Link #4053
Serperior

Mako's grandpa is so damn cool that I'd be heartbroken if Mako's grandpa is dead. ;_;

Was that your blog night_sentinel? Pretty good stuff. Saki threads from /a/ are looking forward for your next match commentary.

Also, has anyone here played the Achiga PSP? It's pretty fun. Compared to the first PSP, Saki and Nodoka got nerfed.
Old 2013-10-07, 14:19   Link #4054
night_sentinel

Thanks mhazaru and Serperior. I'm glad someone is reading my blog. ^^

As for Himematsu's popularity... I do remember a poll that showed they were number 2 in school ranking. Though, that is of course in the middle of the quarterfinals matches so who knows... Shizu vs. Kyouko vs. Awai vs. Saki for the finals?

I admit that this match has a sort of charm and I personally wouldn't mind if it happened. But, we have to look at the other match-up as well, not just the captain round. And as much as I like Himematsu, I would rather have Rinkai go up with Kiyosumi based on what we know.

With the way Side-A ended, the 4th school need to shake things up and bring the tension back. If we look at it from a 3p perspective most of the matches barring the obvious (*cough* vanguard *cough*) is slanted in favor of Kiyosumi. That and I have an ulterior motive. Rinkai may or may not have a connection to the International league with it being composed of all stars foreigners. And I definitely want our favorite series to continue to the world stage...

Anyway, the latest chapter just went online. Fluffy flashback chapter. Mako's grandpa sure is cool.
And bad luck for Mako. She got a newbie and someone who plays MCR in the same match. Still, I love the way that she is going to fight sans her power. Go! Mako! I'm rooting for you!

Beside that, I also love the way Kiyosumi is emphasizing their team solidarity, subtle as it may be. Yuuki practically threw her match because it will give their team a greater chance in the finals. It isn't advertised but I believe Yuuki to have the largest pride out of all the members of Team Kiyosumi. I can't emphasize how hard that must be for her to do. And now, Mako is also fighting to give Hisa her final chance for Interhigh championship.

Beside the fleshing of the characters, I can't help but feel that this is setting up Hisa for comeback in her match. It would be travesty if she can't live up to Yuuki's trust and Mako's determination. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she won't be nerfed with nerves like last time The view of Kiyosumi's waiting room shows Hisa back to her normal self so we will see what she is made of next match.

Edit:
I am still waiting for my shipping of Achiga psp to arrive. I swear the ferry is taking way too long. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered it cheap. Sigh...
Old 2013-10-07, 14:32   Link #4055
Serperior

Goddamnit, night_sentinel, your post just made me look forward for the next match!

Hisa vs Retard Master version 2 fight + A monster and a slightly stronger Usuzan. I don't want to see Mako's fight end since I want more Hao but I'm really really looking forward for the next match.
Old 2013-10-07, 15:33   Link #4056
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Thanks mhazaru and Serperior. I'm glad someone is reading my blog. ^^
Oh man, I obsess about the characters more than I should in this manga, so it's great to read the well-written and intriguing thoughts of other people who are pretty passionate about them too

Yeah, I most likely see Rinkai being the 4th school in the finals as well. Their manager is also sort of an enigma at this point, who I'm *very* interested in finding out more about (and hot damn, I love her snazzy suit!). The international tie-in to a world tournament really makes sense.

I do also have a feeling that Ikuno will still be involved later on, even if Himematsu do fall out. I don't know, she just gives me this shady vibe, one that hints at a deeper involvement in the overall plot (Zenno's story also needs explaining). Like, she might know more about things than she lets on.

Quote:
And now, Mako is also fighting to give Hisa her final chance for Interhigh championship.

Beside the fleshing of the characters, I can't help but feel that this is setting up Hisa for comeback in her match. It would be travesty if she can't live up to Yuuki's trust and Mako's determination. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she won't be nerfed with nerves like last time The view of Kiyosumi's waiting room shows Hisa back to her normal self so we will see what she is made of next match.
This is interesting to me because, based not only on this current semi-final, but previous matches as well, Hisa seems to have a key tactic for everyone to follow. And of course, everyone listens to her because they hold her in such high regard. It definitely reminds me of Harue, and I sort of see Kiyosumi vs. Achiga as more of Hisa vs. Harue really. Kinda' in the same way a soccer fan might view a match as a battle of managers more than the teams they coach (like Mourinho vs. Sir Alex, if anyone follows that).

Hisa and Harue are also sort of similar as well. The brash, sometimes even cocky, masterminds with red hair XD
Old 2013-10-07, 16:58   Link #4057
night_sentinel

Quote:
Goddamnit, night_sentinel, your post just made me look forward for the next match!

Hisa vs Retard Master version 2 fight + A monster and a slightly stronger Usuzan. I don't want to see Mako's fight end since I want more Hao but I'm really really looking forward for the next match.
Sorry, Serp?
Still, most of the main manga is pretty exciting. Its real problem is its glacial pace. I'm currently content with the Mako arc that is happening in the manga. I'm excited how nerfed Mako will be able to go against nerfed Hao. Its setting thing up to be interesting in the sergeant match final as well.

Anyway lets add me add something to your expectation.

Beside, Hisa vs. Retard Master vs. Monster from Rinkai vs a competent player from Uzusan. There is also Nodoka vs. Megan vs. Kinue vs. ace player from Uzusan. I'm also looking forward to that match. Megan was getting some hype specially since she indirectly defeated Cold Touka so she's going to be formidable. Lastly, I was reading Nodoka's last match and I think she's being set-up for some soul searching and fix her SOA troubles. Her last thought was something like "It can't be considered coincidence anymore." I think Requiem is going to love that development.

And of course there is Saki vs. Kyouko (who has anti-Saki stretegy probably) vs. Monster from Rinkai vs. Strongest Player of Uzusan (Probably the one Hayarin is wary of). The captain match is going to explode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
Yeah, I most likely see Rinkai being the 4th school in the finals as well. Their manager is also sort of an enigma at this point, who I'm *very* interested in finding out more about (and hot damn, I love her snazzy suit!). The international tie-in to a world tournament really makes sense.

I do also have a feeling that Ikuno will still be involved later on, even if Himematsu do fall out. I don't know, she just gives me this shady vibe, one that hints at a deeper involvement in the overall plot (Zenno's story also needs explaining). Like, she might know more about things than she lets on.
Yep. I believe all these coaches will have their part to tell. If there will be a pro arc or perhaps an international arc, I'm pretty sure that they will become more important. Speaking of pros, I'm leaning that Shino the MC of the new spin-off will be the pro commentator for the finals.

And I'm also a proponent of the theory that Goldfish the first is still alive and in another country due to medical reasons. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post

This is interesting to me because, based not only on this current semi-final, but previous matches as well, Hisa seems to have a key tactic for everyone to follow. And of course, everyone listens to her because they hold her in such high regard. It definitely reminds me of Harue, and I sort of see Kiyosumi vs. Achiga as more of Hisa vs. Harue really. Kinda' in the same way a soccer fan might view a match as a battle of managers more than the teams they coach (like Mourinho vs. Sir Alex, if anyone follows that).

Hisa and Harue are also sort of similar as well. The brash, sometimes even cocky, masterminds with red hair XD
I wound't say that Hisa and Harue are similar. Their coaching style is very different.

Hisa doesn't really have any tactic on how to defeat their current opponent. Most of her coaching involved getting improvement on the existing skill of her members. Yuuki get math problems so she can count points better, Mako gets more experience so she can use her ability more effectively, Nodoka gets more familiar playing in reality, Saki gets more experience as well. I would hesitate to call this a tactic. Its more like Hisa shores up the existing weakness that she has found on her team by training them in that specific area.

Harue, on the other hand, is focused on exploiting the weakness of her opponents. She set up specific tactic for fighting specific opponents. You could see that with Yuu's exploiting the tell, Ako trying to end dealer repeats and not getting dealer repeats herself, Arata luring everyone that she can only do pin tiles and Shizu's avoiding Awai's ron on the captain round. (I won't debate whether this is believable or not. Let's just say Achiga's pacing and coherence could be greatly improved if they didn't rush it and leave it at that. )
Old 2013-10-07, 17:15   Link #4058
King-Slayer

Quote:
It isn't advertised but I believe Yuuki to have the largest pride out of all the members of Team Kiyosumi.
I think your right on this. I remember her thinking she's the strongest because she got put on the vanguard spot. Also she cries when she loses.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:35   Link #4059
raincrow

Quote:
Speaking of pros, I'm leaning that Shino the MC of the new spin-off will be the pro commentator for the finals.
Oh, that'd be awesome! Hopefully she'll be happy and will have found her mother too by then.

Quote:
I wound't say that Hisa and Harue are similar. Their coaching style is very different.

Hisa doesn't really have any tactic on how to defeat their current opponent. Most of her coaching involved getting improvement on the existing skill of her members.
I think they both sort of did that, the basic coaching stuff really. For Harue, mainly playing them all herself for a few weeks, taking them around to the 2nd best schools to play, etc. In any case though, I was referring to more of their attitudes and places in their respective team dynamics as whole Although I do see Hisa as a tactician/spotting weakness type as well, especially in regards to the dialogue that followed Satoha's and Yuuki's match (when Satoha was wondering about Yuuki's tactics, and whether they were being developed to counter Teru). But yeah, maybe not to the same degree as Harue like you said.

I actually began to like Yuuki at that point too, when she said she'd always follow her president's orders. Awww
Old 2013-10-07, 23:16   Link #4060
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel
Speaking of pros, I'm leaning that Shino the MC of the new spin-off will be the pro commentator for the finals.
That will also means it will take a year from now on before the story in the main manga reach the final round as Ritz has to wait Shinohayu to end first before she can make Shino appears as a pro in the main manga.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri