AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-26, 02:50   Link #1
PhoenixAngel
Full Meal Alchemist

Smile My Theory about Scar (possible Spoilers inside)

Okay...I've been toying around with these ideas for a long time with Scar, but I think I know how this will all pan out..just follow along with me

Ishbar (please, just bear the spelling for now ) is attacked by the military, who uses red water stones against an innocent land.

Those who remain afterwards are going to want revenge, and someone's bound to know about the Philosopher's Stone. So, after some research, they create it.

By gathering up people and adding copious amounts of red water, alchemists from the country unite to aid in creating the stone.

The stone is Scar. A homonculus like these other creatures are, only he's been imbued with the powers of Alchemy. Insert a few fake memories of a child hood in the destoryed land to keep him under control, teach him about what the evil military did to his home and family, and you have one pissed off stone who's going to want revenge.

How ELSE is he going to be able to perform alchemy without a circle? If he despises it so much, why learn it? He has the same alchemy circle that was on the walls on his arm.

Scar is the stone that Ed and Al seek.
Old 2004-03-26, 03:29   Link #2
Lavender

I'm not sure how well I can reply to your theory, but might as well give it a shot...Ur theory is probably not possible...The reason I say "probably" not possible is becuz The Philosopher's Stone still remains a mistry in both the manga and the anime, but still...it's highly unlikely

Why do I say this? Despite the fact that I'm reading the manga (so, ahead of the anime I guess), there are evidences that probably wouldn't, or would be hard to fit in to ur thoery:

*Scar's memory is too complicated for it to be created/fake. THe memory of his brother, his brother's research, the woman who resembles Lust, and so on. These are not simple childhood memories if you ask me

*There could be many reasons explaining why Scar doesnt need a circle to perform alchemy...Why doesnt Ed need a cirlce? Would you say Ed is the Philosopher's Stone too? And just for the sake for explainging this better...manga spoiler warning...
Spoiler:

Another reason that might explain why Scar can perform alchemy without a circle is the tatoo on his arm. We can almost be sure that tatoo is related to the creation of the Philosopher's Stone. That might explain to how Scar can use alchemy without a circle. A thrid possible answer is kindda far fetched, but might still be possible. The reason that ppl need a circle is becuz they do not understand The T*u*h, thus do not completely understand the core of alchemy. The circle helps them in transmuting objects, but at which stage, we don't know. The kind of alchemy Scar usually performs is onli up to the decomposition(?) stage, so that stage might not need a circle's work.

*A reason that might explain why the same tatoo on Scar's arm is on the wall is that, like I said before, we think the tatoo is closely related to the Philosopher's Stone. For further interest, I think the text on the tatoo was discussed/explored/tried to translate in another thread...it's a very intersting thread, check it out^^~
Old 2004-03-26, 03:36   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I strongly disagree.

We have seen Scar in a flashback fightning in the war. The hand he has was given to him by his brother. The reason why he can perform Alchemy is because he has that powerfull tattoo. Now we don't know why his brother gave him this tattoo, but we get hints that his brother is a very powerful alchemist (You see him standing there with his whole body tattood, if Scar is that powerful with just his arm who knows what his brother is capable of).

Mustang has his circle on his glove, so he also doesn't need to draw a circle every time he does his fire alchemy with the spark.

1 last thing: We know that Scar gets hurt just like any other human. But Gluttony and Lust both got killed and somehow came back to life.
Old 2004-03-27, 06:04   Link #4
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Hmm

The possibility to that is that Scar's brother somehow manifested the Stone within himself. If that's true, the arm he gave to Scar would have the power it does. If nothing else, I still believe his tattoos act as a circle that cuts off the alchemy process at the decomposition phase very explosively.

Another question that IS valid. Why is Scar so fast and strong? It's very not-normal. It's on-par with the likes of an inhuman like Gluttony. Is it his arm? I've not seen another Ishbal with that much physical ability. It could be like Faye Valentine's ability with pistols and just super-high for no reason though =D
Old 2004-03-27, 07:50   Link #5
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender
Why doesnt Ed need a cirlce?
but, isnt it true that they have found Ed's circle is there, he creates the circle when he claps his hands together, i dont know about the manga, but they have said that many times in the anime....sorry if this is a little
Old 2004-03-27, 10:25   Link #6
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Another question that IS valid. Why is Scar so fast and strong? It's very not-normal. It's on-par with the likes of an inhuman like Gluttony. Is it his arm? I've not seen another Ishbal with that much physical ability. It could be like Faye Valentine's ability with pistols and just super-high for no reason though =D
I've been wondering about that too, but it is possible that he's gone through some intense physical training. The fact that he isn't bulging with muscles doesn't mean he isn't an extremely powerful person; even in the real world, some of the strongest people on the planet usually aren't overly muscular.
Old 2004-03-27, 15:26   Link #7
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
but, isnt it true that they have found Ed's circle is there, he creates the circle when he claps his hands together, i dont know about the manga, but they have said that many times in the anime....sorry if this is a little
Well...correct me if I'm wrong, becuz I realli dun remember what's been said word by word...but as far as I know, they never said Ed creats a circle when he claps his hands together...And yes I'm talking strictly about the anime. If you recall in the earlier eps when Ed and Al was having their flashbacks, it was during Ed's training to become a National(state) Alchemist that Al first saw Ed simply clapped his hands and used alchemy...Al asked something like this "Brother you can do that WITHOUT a circle??"...I'm not sure where in the anime had they mention that Ed creats a circle with his hands...if you cab find that(those) eps I'd be glad and interested to check it out ~
Old 2004-03-27, 16:16   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It was when Scar was fighting with Ed. Scar gave the explanation of how clapping his hands together created a surrogate for the circle.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-03-27, 20:15   Link #9
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Yeah, they've said that Ed makes a circle with his hands, and uses that energy. The way he does it apparently is that he's such an extreme genius with Alchemy, he doesn't need more then that to force a transmutation -- just enough to get the alchemy-circle's energy moving, and he then channels it into whatever.

It seems, though, that the energy remains around for awhile, though. He slapped his hands and waited some 15-odd seconds in Episode 22. But I digress!

Scar might be physically trained, yah. Alphonse was good and he was able to move almost as fast as him - enough to intercede Scar's attack and also pwn Barry the Chopper. He's probably just l33t then. =)
Old 2004-03-28, 01:01   Link #10
saden1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Yeah, they've said that Ed makes a circle with his hands, and uses that energy.
From what I understand Ed has a transmutation circle engraved in his auto-mail hand. But if I remember correctly, its purpose is to enhance his abilities. Also, I think that Ed is good because his father was good (he has the good genes). My personal belief is that his Ed's father was one of the most powerful alchemist. My current thinking is that Ed's father either indirectly or directly had something to do with the creation of the Homunculus. In episode 22 (12th minute) Envy said Ed was alive because "he told us to keep you alive....since you carry that bastard's blood."
Old 2004-03-28, 01:52   Link #11
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
From what I understand Ed has a transmutation circle engraved in his auto-mail hand. But if I remember correctly, its purpose is to enhance his abilities.
There have been so many debates on this that it is getting tiresome. He has no sigils inscribed on his Automail. His Automail is a Winry custom made enhanced version (actually more like her experimental prototypes), plain & simple.

If someone insist there is a sigil inscribed on his Automail that bestow him this ability, show the proof. A picture or episode/time would be good enough.
Old 2004-03-28, 10:36   Link #12
liquidfyre

Oh Man FMA r0xx0rz my s0xx0rz. Hahahaha just reading up on what you guys are babblin about...and so heres my 2.3 cents:

I totally believe that Scar can use alchemy because of that tatoo. I mean, its pretty damn obvious. As far as Ed goes, that certain
Spoiler:

O and btw, im up to episode 24... and man... like i said, FMA r0xx0rz my s0xx0rz!!!
Closed Thread