AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-09, 15:49   Link #821
HegemonKhan
Banned

not only did trainee clare sense something was wrong (clare sensed the yoma's yoki)... but didn't she also push that other claymore trainee out of the way of the yoma's attack ?

(too lazy at the moment to re-look through the section)
Old 2009-11-09, 16:23   Link #822
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
not only did trainee clare sense something was wrong (clare sensed the yoma's yoki)... but didn't she also push that other claymore trainee out of the way of the yoma's attack ?

(too lazy at the moment to re-look through the section)
that would be a no.

Spoiler for image:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post

I pretty much take Irene's word there, and think that Claymore's don't age and thus are Immortal. What she is saying is either the awakened consciousness takes over, becoming stronger than your consciousness, or you get killed, otherwise you don't age and thus are immortal. The big question is: can the human mind remain stronger than the Awakened mind? I think for some cases like Irene, Yes. So I do think that Claymores are immortal.
If we are going to go strictly by the definition of the word, than no, a Claymore is not immortal. they are subject to death.

Irene is simply saying a Claymore ceases to age after maturity.

Last edited by Vinak; 2009-11-09 at 16:40.
Old 2009-11-09, 17:01   Link #823
HegemonKhan
Banned

ah, nevermind then about trainee clare pushing the other claymore trainee out of the way. hehe.

my bad. HK was wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

well immortal has two interpretations:

1. immortal: does not die of-from old age.

(this is more of a vampire or other fictional works, such as Highlander, usage)

2. immortal: impossible to be killed or to die

(this is more of a greek mythology, and other such mythologies or other "historic"-cultural stories)

personally, INVINCIBLE should be used for #2, and immortal should only be used to mean #1, as this removes any confusion.
Old 2009-11-09, 19:23   Link #824
greyhame6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
well immortal has two interpretations:

1. immortal: does not die of-from old age.

(this is more of a vampire or other fictional works, such as Highlander, usage)

2. immortal: impossible to be killed or to die

(this is more of a greek mythology, and other such mythologies or other "historic"-cultural stories)

personally, INVINCIBLE should be used for #2, and immortal should only be used to mean #1, as this removes any confusion.
invincible implies undefeatable so cant use that. eternal youth would fit #1
Old 2009-11-09, 19:25   Link #825
Arturro

@Sleepy - I'm tired, so maybe because of it, I couldn't understand what are you trying to say .

You said that Clare is not a 1/4 yoma/human hybrid, because of her special training, special mentors and half awakening? How this doesn't make her a 1/4 hybrid?

I could consider theory that yoma is a parasite organism, and all warriors are slowly turning into yoma because their bodies turns into yoma bodies. Strong mind slower this process. In this theory warriors full potential is untapped when their bodies fully turns into yoma bodies. In this theory Clare indeed is no longer 1/4 yoma hybrid, she probably is now 100% yoma (awakened being), just with human shaped body and human mind.

Old 2009-11-09, 20:24   Link #826
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
1) Clare was the only Claymore in the training chapter to sense something was wrong
2) Chibi Clare was able to sense Priscilla as a human, which Cyclone confirmed the words, but Helen wondered why nobody in town could feel the waves upon waves Isley was releasing while regenerating, implying that Clare is above human at sensing before she came a Claymore.
When did Clare sense Priscilla? I don't recall Clare doing anything besides being struck by fear in her early "Teresa is going to be killed"-phase.
Old 2009-11-09, 20:43   Link #827
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It's not debatable, Clare has had yoki sensing abilities way before she even became a Claymore, so not everything there is inherited from Teresa.

1) Clare was the only Claymore in the training chapter to sense something was wrong
2) Chibi Clare was able to sense Priscilla as a human, which Cyclone confirmed the words, but Helen wondered why nobody in town could feel the waves upon waves Isley was releasing while regenerating, implying that Clare is above human at sensing before she came a Claymore.
Which means, Claire is one of those special humans Helen was talking about; born with heightened senses to feel yoki.
Old 2009-11-09, 21:30   Link #828
ThoHell

O_O oh wow, Prisci is just absolutely awesome. still a few things left up in the air about the whole WTF happen to Raki and Prisci that makes it confusing, but all in all it makes sense and is damn good. Great chapter! Can't wait for the next!
Old 2009-11-09, 22:10   Link #829
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

MiB's english scanlation is out using Gernot's translation; Gernot had some trouble with this one as I said(everyone did), and it looks like MiB made some choices with some of the dialogue that Gernot was up in the air about.
Old 2009-11-10, 01:29   Link #830
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
that would be a no.

Spoiler for image:

If we are going to go strictly by the definition of the word, than no, a Claymore is not immortal. they are subject to death.

Irene is simply saying a Claymore ceases to age after maturity.
If you are talking about a dictionary definition, everyone knows those are the general definitions and other more complex definitions exist. Anyway, by Immortal I mean as someone else mentioned Highlander, or perhaps Vampires, where you have beings that can live forever, unless they are killed. Someone like Irene could've lived for an eternity in her Claymore form, because her consciousness was stronger than the Awakened consciousness within her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creangeru View Post
When did Clare sense Priscilla? I don't recall Clare doing anything besides being struck by fear in her early "Teresa is going to be killed"-phase.

When Clare Finally senses Riful she says the above, which Cyclone confirmed as being an accurate translation -- never doubt 10 Sigh. This is an obvious reference of Priscilla and at the time Clare was a human child.
Old 2009-11-10, 04:31   Link #831
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
MiB's english scanlation is out using Gernot's translation; Gernot had some trouble with this one as I said(everyone did), and it looks like MiB made some choices with some of the dialogue that Gernot was up in the air about.
Piggy consulted problematic dialogues with Gernot who kindly helped with proper interpretation so it should be accurate.
Old 2009-11-10, 05:15   Link #832
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
When Clare Finally senses Riful she says the above, which Cyclone confirmed as being an accurate translation -- never doubt 10 Sigh. This is an obvious reference of Priscilla and at the time Clare was a human child.
It's debatable if Clare could sense anything but extreme amounts of Yoki when she was young. Her talents have lent themselves to that anyway, remember that Miria recognized her inability to read small amounts of yoki but that her skill worked better for awakened who constantly produce large amounts of it.

It would make sense for her to compare Riful's yoki to Priscilla's. At that point in the story, no other character compared to Priscilla's strength.
Old 2009-11-10, 10:49   Link #833
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's debatable if Clare could sense anything but extreme amounts of Yoki when she was young. Her talents have lent themselves to that anyway, remember that Miria recognized her inability to read small amounts of yoki but that her skill worked better for awakened who constantly produce large amounts of it.

It would make sense for her to compare Riful's yoki to Priscilla's. At that point in the story, no other character compared to Priscilla's strength.
I think she could sense yoki from normal Yomas, she was just unable to read low yoki at that time.
She was trying to read Miria's yoki even though Miria was not releasing any.
Detection was not a problem, reading yoki was.
Old 2009-11-10, 11:18   Link #834
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

But you also have to compare this to the scene with Helen and Deneve where Isley was releasing waves upon waves of Yoki while regenerating and take into consideration what they say, which implies that Clare was extremely good at reading Yoki for a human.

So an sensitive human wouldn't quite comprehend what they are sensing. Clare on the other hand is able to compare it to Riful, which means she was above a sensitive human in capabilities. Clare would've been the perfect candidate for a sensor type, perhaps even an eye, and being 1/4 yoma probably limited her abilities and might still do so, compared to if she would've been half yoma. Anyway, I think it was Sagara who once suggested that while Clare inherited her yoki predicting powers from Teresa that her long range sensing is her own, which is completely possible and why it is also possible that Clare could've been even better than she is now at long range sensing if she wouldn't have been a special case.
Old 2009-11-10, 11:37   Link #835
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Piggy consulted problematic dialogues with Gernot who kindly helped with proper interpretation so it should be accurate.
Really? Well that was pretty nice of him/her

If that's the case, MiB's scanlation should be the most accurate we have
Old 2009-11-10, 16:30   Link #836
elyK

I don't think Clare could sense yoki as a girl like she can as a Claymore. In that case, I would say it was more or less her instincts or she had an eerie, maybe dreadful feeling; sometimes people just feel uneasy or get weird vibes in or around a certain setting or person. That's what I would say Deneve was getting at in the pic that gangsta has above (#834). Of course animals can "sense" changes around them to help avoid types of danger. Humans also have these, though not nearly to the extent of animals, and in today's day and age most probably ignore or doubt them for the most part (of course depending on many variables i.e. where you live for instance).
Old 2009-11-11, 01:13   Link #837
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Elyk, you are neglecting one little point. Clare specifcally compared Priscilla's yoki to that of Riful's. so it is more than just an eerie feeling. Clare is feeling something that lets you know it is on the level of Abyssal. In fact, I'm not even sure you read Clare's quote to say she was, "I would say it was more or less her instincts or she had an eerie, maybe dreadful feeling," because Clare completely contradicts what you are saying. Look carefully, "An Immense and utterly sinister yoma energy like this." See? Clare was able to compare Riful's Immenseness to Priscilla's Immenseness and know it was on the abyssal Scale, whereas she knew better when it came to Dauf. So Clare as a child had to feel more than just instincs and an eerie, dreadful feeling, to be able to compare immenseness. Again, the translation is accurate.
Old 2009-11-11, 07:59   Link #838
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

*cough* if i may interject, i'll try and seperate what i said before it all gets blown out of the water...

Clare stopped being a 1/4 yoma as Rabona and became a 1/2 yoma a full fledged claymore due to her uncontrolled yoki release, those veins turning the body into a yoma just suddenly disappear and she gets up not knowing any difference. However there a few things that point to that having actually been an awakening...

1. Her stomach wound disappears, and the ones she received fighting the yoma... (Clare is not a regenerating type and had been carrying the stomach wound all the way into Rabona i think)
2. She acquires detailed yoki reading.. (Bear in mind that Clare was searching the priests by touching them one by one, and complained that everything 'smelt' of yoma in the cathedral)

Miria says that when a claymore awakens it should be *impossible* to revert back, i'm thinking she's right, however since they are hybrids it's all a matter of who's mind is in charge of the hybrid body. The AB however naturally releases all it's yoki in order to get the yoma body, whereas the claymore will stop at 80%.

I don't really know what Clare means when she said she had 'witnessed' an immense and sinister yoki, but i'm betting, that she gained little to no yoki sensing ability from being a hybrid. Instead she seemed to have a heightened sense of smell. Which another blatently offensive claymore (Ophelia) also had. If anything i'd say Clare seemed surprised that she could sense yoki so well after the slashers arc.

Hmm welll it's always interesting regardless...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-11-11, 10:31   Link #839
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Clare has always been a sensor. In her final test to become a Claymore she was able to sense the yoma without seeing the yoma. She survived because of her sensing abilities. She was so good at sensing that the Claymore she saved had no idea that there was a yoma in there area, but she knew.

Clare sensing was close to Galatea's sensing rage, she is not the average Claymore when it comes to sensing.

Her problem was reading (Teresa's skill/technique), not sensing. She became good at reading after the slashers arc.
Old 2009-11-11, 12:17   Link #840
Arturro

I think both Gangsta and Sleepy are right. Sleepy Speculator is right, before Rabona hunt, Clare wasn't able to sense yoki (in a way most of other warriors are doing it). In first chapter she found yoma smell on Raki, and was following him to found yoma. She was unable to sense yoki flow. Same thing happened during Rabona hunt - she needed to touch somebody to sense his yoki flow. Also I agree with theory, that she was unable to sense yoki, because her body wasn't enough hybridized. Her latent sensing talent become available only after she has awakened.
On the other hand, Gangsta Spanksta is right, even as a human child Clare was able to sense somehow Priscilla power and was able to compare it with Riful. Yet it couldn't be yoki sensing ability. We know that besides yoki sensing in claymoreverse exist another, very rare, skill, allowing to sense yoma. It's "smell" as Clare and Ophelia called it, or "six sense" as MiBs described Miata skill. When Miata meet Ghosts for first time all of them were suppressing their yoki. Miata was able to to sense their strength, and compare it to strength of other warriors. Just by smell, without yoki sensing.
@Awakened - Clare didn't sensed yoma during test, she smelled it.

Closed Thread