AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-29, 09:48   Link #2501
EternalDragonGod Ise

And now speaks the Siva Fanboy
I actually don`t think Shiva is Dragon God Class. I would say he is Pillar God Class or Supreme God, call it whatever you want. He is the nearest to the 3 (Great Red, Ophis and 666 but is faaaaaaaar below them. But I don`t think he is Dragon God class. Ichiei did say the Gap between Ophis and Shiva was immense, so it is, but Ichiei could also have changed his Mind already would be not the first Time. Also I don`t belive Shiva lacks the Raw or Pure Power, I mean "possessing bottomless divinity and limitless superiority that causes people to shiver in fear" says everything. And I also don`t belive Shiva prepares a Army because he sees Indra as a Threat, but is to lazy.

Also i don`t understand it with Balbirth. I mean it says he can give a Dragon God a good Fight, but so could Shiva, but it did not say he is Dragon God class, I mean you can give someone much stronger a good Fight even if ur weaker.

Last edited by EternalDragonGod Ise; 2018-05-29 at 09:58.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 10:04   Link #2502
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Correction: Balberith is said to have the potential to be able to put up a fight against the Dragon God. Ise felt that his aura was bottomless and on a whole other level, too. But there's no confirmation about whether Hades meant the current Ophis or Complete Ophis.

@XFire: You're right about Ophis. I can agree there.

@Norn: Yeah, I guess you're right. Her power is too great to say that so easily. My bad.

As for DxD G mode. How I interpreted what Ajuka said is that if Ise can get Ophis and Lilith to resonate, he can use Dragon Deification without drawbacks. I think the power of the form will depend on Ise's base stats, but the drawbacks can be rid of by fulfilling the conditions mentioned by Ajuka: Getting Ophis and Lilith to resonate, and using the 8 Mutation Pieces to the fullest and unleashing Ophis and Great Red's powers. I think Ophis and Lilith resonating will allow Ise to use the power of infinity more easily and without problems. I want to wait and see what happens when they resonate, though. I don't want to assume too much for now.

He can master the form through training and that will take one year according to what Ajuka said, but as far as fixing the time limit and other drawbacks aside from stamina and Demonic Power consumption (which I think Ise can work on through training), he has to fulfill the requirements Ajuka mentioned. That's what Volume 23 says.
Old 2018-05-29, 10:23   Link #2503
EternalDragonGod Ise

Thats why I don`t like DxD G, because Ise needs the fucking Help of Ophis. He is dependented of ophis and Lilith. Thats just fucking Trash, in my opinion. I dont like Powers or Forms that need the help of third Partys. Ichiei just dont know how to write a good Power Up. When there come a very good Form he needs help or has bad Drawbacks, its so stupid it hurts to read sometimes.

Last edited by EternalDragonGod Ise; 2018-05-29 at 11:49.
Old 2018-05-29, 10:37   Link #2504
Sauron12561

What i think is happening with the power of infinity inside Ise, is that he is currently experiencing 2 currents of it, one from Ophis and one from Lilith. these two currents are not in sync, and thus cause the full current to be turbulent. The Turbulence of the power flow is what is causing those massive drawbacks in the full DxD G mode and thus the excruciating pains. When Ophis and Lilith synchronize, i think those two power flows will become laminar and smooth, and thus no longer have that turbulence which is causing the drawbacks. try looking at it like two streams of water coming togeth to form one bigger stream, if they come together at a greater angle compared to each other, the combined stream will be a lot rougher than when they come together at a near 0 degree angle.

The Evil pieces and GR's power also play a part in this, as they too give a power flow within Ise's body, which might be colliding with the powerflow of Infinity, right now creating an even more dangerous turbulence inside his body whenever he uses the power of infinity. When ophis and Lilith then Resonate and their power flow becomes laminar and smooth, the powerflow from the Evil pieces within his body will automatically synchronize with it as well(since Evil pieces can adapt to just about any form of power and add demonic power to it(an assumption i made based on the fact that they can reincarnate just about any species aside from Gods and God-class beings). And since GR's power comes most likely from his flesh, it too will be able to synchronize with any given stable powerflow within his body. And again, these different powers are all just streams that come together to one bigger stream.

This final, and thus biggest stream/powerflow will then represent Issei's final and most powerful form
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 11:32   Link #2505
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDragonGod Ise View Post
Thats why I don`t like DxD G, because Ise needs the fucking Help of Ophis. He is dependented of ophis and Lilith. Thats just fucking Trash, in my opinion. I dont like Powers or Forms that need the help of third Partys. Actually i really Ichiei needs some help for creativity. He just don`t know how to write a good Power Up, maybe he is to dumb or lazy don`t know but he can not write a good Form/Power Up for Ise. When there come a very good Form he needs help or has so fucking bad Drawbacks, its so stupid it hurts to read.
Ise has had been in this for barely a year and he's already fighting at the highest levels possible in the series. If he achieved that purely on his own despite explicitly starting as the weakest BG possessor, it would completely devalue everything else in the series in terms of power and growth. Ishi put drawbacks in place to keep Ise from becoming too powerful to quickly, as well as give him something to move towards. Training and personal improvement have always been part of the series.

Then again, actually insulting and degrading a writer because of a literary trope requires a level of brainless stupidity seldom scene in functioning adults, so expecting you to recognize that was clearly too high an expectation.
Old 2018-05-29, 11:37   Link #2506
EternalDragonGod Ise

I can have my Opinion of the Author as I see fit.
And no i am not Brainless.
But then again maybe I was a bit too harsh, BUT i just hate it when u gave an Character an amazing Power or Form and there are Drawbacks. Its just as stupid as when an Author kills a Character just for the MC to evolve. I would like it if the Infinity in Ise become Ise`s Power alone and that he can use it as he wish. But maybe he can in the Future. So I take it back, I first write than think carefully.

Last edited by EternalDragonGod Ise; 2018-05-29 at 11:53.
Old 2018-05-29, 11:41   Link #2507
XFire
150% done

Quote:
You can have whatever opinion about his work you want.

But that isn't what you just vomited onto the screen, now is it?

No, you insulted him personally. And while you are perfectly within your rights to do so, expecting anything less than exactly the same directed to you suggests I was not inaccurate in my assessment of your intelligence.
Old 2018-05-29, 13:46   Link #2508
Lucidrago

Quote:
Thats why I don`t like DxD G, because Ise needs the fucking Help of Ophis. He is dependented of ophis and Lilith. Thats just fucking Trash, in my opinion. I dont like Powers or Forms that need the help of third Partys. Ichiei just dont know how to write a good Power Up. When there come a very good Form he needs help or has bad Drawbacks, its so stupid it hurts to read sometimes.
What did you expect? Issei was just a normal human a year ago who had to go through unrealistic power-ups without any opportunity to really grow his base properly. You think a form as powerful as DxD isn't going to have it's vast levels of drawbacks considering the possessor was just a normal human a year ago and hasn't had time to properly develop before he achieved DxD? It's just been a current of power-ups his body really hasn't been prepared for.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 13:56   Link #2509
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I like how Sauron put it. I agree completely. And yeah, I do think Ise will be able to use it better later. Plus like I said, I think DxD G mode, like all of his other forms, can grow more powerful depending on where his base stats stand at the time.

@Eternal: An author killing a character to another for that other character to have character development is a common literary technique that all authors use. So what are you actually trying to say here?

Edit: @Lucidrago: Notice that the reason Ise is Heavenly Dragon-class in DxD G mode might be because his base is at a level where he can handle DxD G mode being at that level. DxD L is more powerful while still being Heavenly Dragon-class because Vali's base is better, but again the gap between them isn't that big anymore. You can see them in the fact both of their DxD modes are Heavenly Dragon-class.
Old 2018-05-29, 14:14   Link #2510
Lucidrago

But Issei's DxD G would remain active until it actually killed him. That's the power of infinity. Infinite has no end so why should DxD G? That was the problem as Issei's base wasn't strong enough to handle the form for that long. And the form would just keep going until Issei was at his absolute limit.

Vali has had years to train and improve while having a strong base from the start. His DxD L doesn't have the power of infinity but is still as powerful as DxD G because of how powerful Vali's base is. And it still took years off his life.

DxD L is just more stable than DxD G. Because the power of infinity is unstable in DxD G and it puts way too much strain on Issei's body.
Old 2018-05-29, 14:23   Link #2511
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Let me jump back to trihexa for a moment if you all don't mind. Couldn't Leonardo have created ani-monsters against it to a degree ? If he was on the battlefield ? Or perhaps even the evil dragons ?
Old 2018-05-29, 14:31   Link #2512
Sauron12561

it takes a lot of preparation and research for Leonardo to be able to create anti-monsters to counter anything. remember, the hero faction used a lot of low lvl SG possessors to get enough data on devils and their weaknesses/fighting styles in order for leonardo to create those anti-monsters

edit: So I dont think he could really create any anti-monsters against trihexa (also because of trihexa's hax regen power and overall unreal power levels) and i give him a very low chance of being able to create anything against the evil dragons, as they weren't really around for that long
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:00   Link #2513
Royalknightftw

Quote:
But then again maybe I was a bit too harsh, BUT i just hate it when u gave an Character an amazing Power or Form and there are Drawbacks. Its just as stupid as when an Author kills a Character just for the MC to evolve. I would like it if the Infinity in Ise become Ise`s Power alone and that he can use it as he wish. But maybe he can in the Future. So I take it back, I first write than think carefully.
DxD has always emphasized the importance of cooperation. Brave saints exists because of cooperation with the devils, The norse myth being able to have artificial SG is because of Grigory, so it's not weird to see the power ups happen because of cooperation as well. Sairaorg could defeat bedeze because of The Nemean Lion who becomes his Longinus, Saji could get Vritra promotion because of Grigory, Xenovia got a powerful armaments from Heaven. Issei being able to access DxD G is due to him "saving" Ophis back in vol 12 and giving her home and even a family.

Just like Sirzech said, the age of individuality is over.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:30   Link #2514
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
but you can't expect him to master a power that's not even his , yes he was given the power of infinity thx to orphis . but doesn't give the writer an excuse to make issei control it as he wants, the guy became top 10 less than 1 year that's already something which is supposed to be impossible for issei, so having him also master a power that's not his or born with it would be to much for some readers and could've damage the story. I think having big drawback to this kind of power is good simply because it keeps the characters on touch and not broken
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:43   Link #2515
mark1246

Question cause it escape my mind
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2018-05-29, 15:49   Link #2516
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

@mark1246 She kissed him 2 times in Vol 24.

Koneko became a shameless cause she wants Ise attention. So she will indulge him for a bit but not to much & she won't tolerate him staring at other women.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:50   Link #2517
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Question cause it escape my mind
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Yes in volume 24 since Issei proposed to her

She started being more proactive at the end of volume 5
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 16:03   Link #2518
Lucidrago

Koneko had her first kiss with Issei in Volume 24.

Koneko became more open with Issei after the events in Volume 5. And she started sitting on his lap and sleeping in his bed sometimes. She was still the same person she was back before Volume 5 (Well she still is) except that she's more open and warm with Issei after Volume 5.

In Volume 11, her feelings for him and Issei and Rias dating caused her to go into mating season early and to choose Issei as her mate. So she tried to have his child but fortunately Kuroka stopped it.

In the latter half of Volume 11, Koneko proposes to Issei. She then becomes more open to him. Not in the sense of seducing him or always trying to get him to have sex with her like some of the other girls(Well if Issei asked her to have sex with him, I don't think she would be opposed to it). But she starts seeing herself as Issei's future bride.

She never really became that open with Issei. She's not Akeno or Xenovia.
Old 2018-05-29, 16:08   Link #2519
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Koneko had her first kiss with Issei in Volume 24.

Koneko became more open with Issei after the events in Volume 5. And she started sitting on his lap and sleeping in his bed sometimes. She was still the same person she was back before Volume 5 (Well she still is) except that she's more open and warm with Issei after Volume 5.

In Volume 11, her feelings for him and Issei and Rias dating caused her to go into mating season early and to choose Issei as her mate. So she tried to have his child but fortunately Kuroka stopped it.

In the latter half of Volume 11, Koneko proposes to Issei. She then becomes more open to him. Not in the sense of seducing him or always trying to get him to have sex with her like some of the other girls(Well if Issei asked her to have sex with him, I don't think she would be opposed to it). But she starts seeing herself as Issei's future bride.

She never really became that open with Issei. She's not Akeno or Xenovia.
Ok thanks for the explanation guys. Cause saw today episode and was surprised she was lewd with the others girls over him ! Ps: what chapters do they kiss?

Ps: 24 vol ....sheet that a long time for fans to see that happen

Ps2: who here believe when it at the end and when issei has sec with all the girl on the bed it gonna cut off there and then next chapter ?
Old 2018-05-29, 19:37   Link #2520
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It should be implied sex. This isn't a Borderline-H series after all.

@Lucidago: Ise can still master the form and eliminate all drawbacks except stamina and Demonic Power consumption by fulfilling the conditions Ajuka mentioned, and I believe and reduce the stamina and Demonic Power consumption or at least manage through training. And again: both DxD modes are Heavenly Dragon-class, just with a small gap between them in terms power of perhaps, due to both Ise and Vali's base stats being close. The gap between them is no longer as big as it was before. You need to realize this already.

You really need to read Volume 23 Life.3 Part 4 again. Seriously. It's blatantly tell you that Ise has all necessary factors within him that he needs to be able to fix the time limit and other drawbacks and that he can master it completely by training with it for one year. And Ajuka also says that the reason for the problems Ise had with isn't that there's something wrong with him like too little stamina or anything like that. The stamina consumption is high, but it's not like Ise himself has too little stamina or anything. And as of Volume 25, the form isn't unstable. And after he fixes the drawbacks with the genuine Dragon Deification by doing what Ajuka said, he'll be able to use the non-Pseudo DxD G mode without problems.