AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-03-31, 18:24   Link #21
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
That's why this novel is so lifeless...
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 18:27   Link #22
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon, USA
This is one of those LN that can be considered like candy. Fun to enjoy a bit at a time and a whole lot of thinking not required. Sit back, watch the train wreck/figuring out where the author could possibly be going with things, and oggle the eye-candy in the illustrations as they occur.
__________________
"Integrity is the only thing that has to be abandoned before it can be lost."

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 19:21   Link #23
cadu_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
I actuallly like the novel, its good for some light reading.
__________________
cadu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 19:47   Link #24
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
Oh, the more everyone talk about this, the more I remember why I finally dropped this one.

I hate stories where the MCs just commits suicide and is reincarnated to a new world with cheats. Like they won the lottery or whatever.
He didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
I could ignore this if the MC is likable but, this MC is just... such a wimp. He's a cowardly, scummy character who should have played the villain rather than the hero of his own story. And the only reason he's successful in his new world is because he has cheats. A MONKEY would do better in his place. Like, literally. Without his cheats, he'd either be killed by the bandits or punished by the villagers (cause he stole shoes and made his first job was thief) upon arrival. I read this hoping that one of MC's stupid decisions will come back to bite him or that he would mess up and learn a lesson, but nope. Apparently, the author thinks he's perfect just the way he is!
Finding a MC that does not belong to this cathegory is almost impossible in LN/WN. As for the shoes, this is understandable (he was confused and couldn't expect it would give him a job when he didn't even know about jobs). As for his actions not being the most clever, that is a truth, but again, most MCs are even worse (there are several reasonns for this, but it would take too long to list them up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
On a side-note, does MC even deserve his harem? He has almost no redeemable traits and almost no real achievement of his own. He does nothing for his girls except use them and occasionally (and reluctantly) toss them a treat. And for some reason, they love him all the more for it. I get that they're slaves but... come on.. I think that's why so many people say they have absolutely no personality.
On the other hand, why should they not fall in love with him?
Firstly, you say that he has no achievements of his own etc. but would you care whether a yung beauty with great intellect, great sport abilities and some fame got all that from a god and before that she was nothing? I wouldn't. Important is what the MC is at the moment and what he will be in the future, not whether he was just lucky to get that.
While I myself sometimes get annoyed by reading about the Master/Slave (this in reality is rather common even now in Master/Servant or Superior/Subordinate) eating together, he is nice to them. Having become slaves they could only expect to be bought by an old, fat, perverted man and be treated as sex slaves (depenging on his perversion level quite cruelly treated). Nobody else has any reason and resources to give so excess money for a bishoujo slave.
However they were bought by a rather nice looking boy close to them in age, who is more than first class merchandise (power, money, etc.). He treats them excessively well considering they are slaves and their lifestyle is generally much better then before becoming slaves. I can quite easilly manage to imanige them seeing him as a prince on white a horse.
If we take into account that this is a light reading and so add few bonuses for the MC (shortening time, he might have also been their type etc.) there is no problem with them falling for him.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 19:57   Link #25
cadu_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
On a side-note, does MC even deserve his harem? He has almost no redeemable traits and almost no real achievement of his own. He does nothing for his girls except use them and occasionally (and reluctantly) toss them a treat. And for some reason, they love him all the more for it. I get that they're slaves but... come on.. I think that's why so many people say they have absolutely no personality.
Do you even know how slaves a treated in that world? Barely clothed,sitting, eating,sleeping are normal treatment for slaves, cases where slaves manage to become lovers are very rarely happens. When they were brought by him, all of them expected this kind of treatment, but instead he treated them like lovers. Thet could heave been brought by some pevert with a weird fetish that likes tortures or beat theirs slaves.

Here are some factors why the MC wanted to kill himself:
- MC's father started beating him after the mother died.
- He was bullied, people at school used to beat him up.
- He became stronger to defend himself from his father and bullies after taking free martial arts lesson, not anything amazing just enough to defend himself and beat someone untrained.
- The guy who teached martial arts lessons for free was some old pervert who liked touching little girls under the pretense of teaching martial arts, he also teached boys to not make himself look suspicious.
- The father started ignoring him when he saw his son was stronger than him.
- Since he couldnt be beaten anymore, everyone started ignoring him at school as a new method for bullying.
- After all those above the MC started thinking that the world is rotten, he didnt have anyone he liked/loved and was not liked/loved by anyone so he didnt have any attachments to the world.
- MC started thinking about killing himself and visited suicide websites frequently but never actually killed himself.
- MC goes to another world after clicking in an advertisement in the suicide website.


I actuallly like the novel, its good for some light reading. Whats good about this novel is how simple the MC is. Most MCs are some badass characthers with big dreams and some kind of talent or get a cheat skill to use in some amusing way, they all have something that make than different from others. But this MC is very average and he doesnt have any big ambition, he is a very simple guy, I think this make him more realistic.
__________________
cadu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 21:54   Link #26
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
To be fair, here's my impartial simple review (I read about 150 chapters way back then)(also on 2nd post)

The Good :
- The dwarf girl Sherry, the only "living" character
- Great RPG system, which is imitated by many WN that comes out later
- The non-daily life events like when he's assassinating bandits or dueling his slave acquaintance

The Bad :
- Lifeless. Characters have no emotion. Side characters basically NPC (hell, the discount skill works and nobody realizes anything wrong with it). Even heroines don't have emotion, fucked by MC the first day they met and what's their reaction? nothing. Spent a long time with MC but aside from shocked by his "cheat", nothing changes. No love confession no nothing.
- Boring. 90% of this novel is about their daily lives. Like this, day 9 : make breakfast, teleport to 3rd floor of a dungeon (oh, the dungeon is boring too, every dungeon is the same), grind, teleport home, lunch, fill the bathtub with hot water, bath, dinner, snusnu sleep. day 10 : make breakfast, teleport to 4th floor of a dungeon, grind, teleport home, lunch, fill the bathtub with hot water, bath, dinner, snusnu sleep. Repeat ad infinitum. On some rare occassion, also exploiting teleport skill to buy cheap sell high. day 11 : teleport far away, buy mirror, teleport far away, sell mirror. day 12 : teleport far away, buy mirror, teleport far away, sell mirror.
- Slow. Despite already switching to added experience skills, the leveling is very slow, resulting in the aforementioned boring daily lives.
- Bland. The world itself is bland. No points of interest. Dungeons have no characteristic.
- Obscure. Details severely lacking on geopolitical situation of the world. How many neighboring countries, form of governments, common laws, etc etc? No details whatsoever.
- Empty. No important side characters but the elf lord and wife. Aside from the slaves and himself, appearing characters are only shopkeepers and receptionists.
- Super Hetare. The heroines are all slaves. I know the title is "Slave Harem" but doesn't mean that ALL heroines must be slave. Basically no effort to winning a heroine. Just buy and fuck. No difference to what Satou does with his beloved prostitutes.

That's all folks~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 22:14   Link #27
Stinkt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
^^

What bores me te most is the fking endeless talk about cooking, everything he cooks is delicious, even the 'failures'.

His endless thinking and theorizing how something works, the way its written is so bad.

When i read a ch of this WN, most of the time i end up skipping half of it.
__________________
Looking for LN/WN with TRUE relationship/harem. PM me

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long World Teacher Arifureta Legendary Moonlight Scupltor Re:Monster Suterareta Yuusha Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Martial God Asura Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi Hisshou Dungeon Risou no Himo Seikatsu Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha Nejimaki Seirei Senki Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 00:15   Link #28
ShadowSamurai365
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Do you even know how slaves a treated in that world? Barely clothed,sitting, eating,sleeping are normal treatment for slaves, cases where slaves manage to become lovers are very rarely happens. When they were brought by him, all of them expected this kind of treatment, but instead he treated them like lovers. Thet could heave been brought by some pevert with a weird fetish that likes tortures or beat theirs slaves.

Here are some factors why the MC wanted to kill himself:
- MC's father started beating him after the mother died.
- He was bullied, people at school used to beat him up.
- He became stronger to defend himself from his father and bullies after taking free martial arts lesson, not anything amazing just enough to defend himself and beat someone untrained.
- The guy who teached martial arts lessons for free was some old pervert who liked touching little girls under the pretense of teaching martial arts, he also teached boys to not make himself look suspicious.
- The father started ignoring him when he saw his son was stronger than him.
- Since he couldnt be beaten anymore, everyone started ignoring him at school as a new method for bullying.
- After all those above the MC started thinking that the world is rotten, he didnt have anyone he liked/loved and was not liked/loved by anyone so he didnt have any attachments to the world.
- MC started thinking about killing himself and visited suicide websites frequently but never actually killed himself.
- MC goes to another world after clicking in an advertisement in the suicide website.


I actuallly like the novel, its good for some light reading. Whats good about this novel is how simple the MC is. Most MCs are some badass characthers with big dreams and some kind of talent or get a cheat skill to use in some amusing way, they all have something that make than different from others. But this MC is very average and he doesnt have any big ambition, he is a very simple guy, I think this make him more realistic.
That's probably the reason why I'm not annoyed with him as much as I thought I would, despite the many flaws he has. He's an idiot (but then again, he himself stated that), and that he mostly thinks with his lower half. Then again, he wasn't an extreme in either case (in both training himself and in gaming), which leads to him being too cautious (which is something most people don't like for some reason). However, he doesn't push his luck or go overboard/off the handle just because he has a cheat ability. He just wants to live his life (even if it's not exciting), and knows that he can be killed if one is not careful. Truthfully, I expected him (with his mindset) to be landed in deep trouble (whether it was a battle or dealing with a noble) early in the story. However, because of him repeatedly thinking things over and being too cautious, he was able to avoid the most troublesome situations; in which I give him some major points for. However, I kind of find it sad that he was able to avoid most situations ( or not land in trouble so far) that other MCs (who are more overpowered, brave, and/or smarter than Michio)had either more quickly or easily land in trouble (in which they might need some help) than he did.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 01:27   Link #29
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
That's why this novel is so lifeless...

Hahaha that's right. This novel is more like... masturbatory writing for the author. A diary of what he would do in a fantasy world.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the regular translation updates, and it's a nice distraction to read once in a while.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 02:40   Link #30
mickbis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ARKS Ship
just by reading comment
It feel like
a super easy mode retro game
that also went with super slow pace story...
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 03:16   Link #31
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
just by reading comment
It feel like
a super easy mode retro game
that also went with super slow pace story...
Basically story goes literally nowhere that it almost feels more like a shitty SOL.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 03:27   Link #32
Blankdom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere that is nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Also, he was planning for a suicide? Why? (it's been several years since I read this)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
for the stupid reason that the world isn't fair.
Actually, from what I read, he wasn't even planning on committing suicide, but was rather browsing the site -.-

Translated Prologue, right at the beginning around 5th line in
Quote:
Not because I wanted to kill myself.
Rather I was tempted by death itself.
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
(cause he stole shoes and made his first job was thief)
Correction here, his first job was villager -- I'm pretty sure everyone starts out as this.

-------------

Anyways, yeah, pretty much the same as everyone else, especially Stinkt. It just goes on and on about something for over half the chapter; also, I doubt the author actually tried to cook any of the food he mentioned -.- (For example, I tried making the egg custard pudding 3 times, and they all ended in failure -- they just tasted meh, though I guess it could taste delicious to someone that hasn't eaten it before.)

But, it's good for taking up time, as something light to read and it's regular translation pace, and that's probably why people are reading it :P


PS. First read it cuz I thought it had potential, but yeah was sorely disappointed. That's probably the reason why this thread was posted; creator read it, and thought it had potential, so posted the thread.

PS2. Also, I think the reason why people consider it lifeless is due to how there is no real conflict in the story, thus no real progression. -- The writing is pretty much amateur-ish due to this, and that the bulk of the chapter is about one thing stretch to/past breaking point.

Last edited by Blankdom; 2016-04-01 at 04:06.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 03:37   Link #33
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
First job is meant as it gets put into first job slot, later he learns how to move jobs on the various slotsfor him snd change his slaves s job.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 03:56   Link #34
Blankdom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere that is nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
First job is meant as it gets put into first job slot, later he learns how to move jobs on the various slotsfor him snd change his slaves s job.
Yeah, I know that, but was correcting the quoted, his first job, at the time, wasn't thief, but villager, if I remember correctly
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 04:55   Link #35
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Yeah, it should have been villager.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 05:19   Link #36
VooXoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rieti-Italia
1st job was villager, he aquired it the moment he was warped in the stall, 2nd was thief after taking the shoes but luckyly for him that world only recognize the 1st job.
What I don't like about the novel are the author comeback, asspulls and the like.
1: MC found a sword who could ignite flames in the first chapters but he never found something similar or talked about it, it seems like that was a rarity but the author never brought it up again 2: the level system is terribly slow and he can cheat it, ok, but this idiot don't think of levelling the best jobs first and waste time on all of them 3: the jobs, instead of asking Sherry what are the best jobs around he unlocks them one after the other and check the skills, any normal guy would focus on hero, wizard or jobless and others like that, or try to unlock the superior class of them instead of trying to make food drop 4: this guy waste too effort on hiding his cheat, for being sure to not being found out he waste the 1st job slot on normal jobs, use grand wizard or jobless, no one cares about your specs.

The author is finally trying to go somewhere with the plot in the latest translated chapter with the empire liberation society, hope it will not become just something the MC remembers to be in once in a while.
The level progression of the MC is all over the place, I understand how some jobs take more exp than others but he have hero from day one, it should have passed level 50 a long time ago, the only explanation for being so slow is the author being unsure if unlocking a superior rank or leaving it be.
Same for Sherry mastersmith job, it should have unlocked one-eye already.

Honestly now I just want to know who is the next and last harem member and what jobs get a rank up at level 50.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 05:35   Link #37
Stinkt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
^

As I said above, the last member is Cassia's sister. There is a noble dispute and then he gets her as a slave to save her life.
__________________
Looking for LN/WN with TRUE relationship/harem. PM me

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long World Teacher Arifureta Legendary Moonlight Scupltor Re:Monster Suterareta Yuusha Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Martial God Asura Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi Hisshou Dungeon Risou no Himo Seikatsu Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha Nejimaki Seirei Senki Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 06:05   Link #38
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
I just can't understand, how so many people hate this series, while so many people love Death March. This one has at least the MC getting stronger. There is even less conflict and reason for actions in DM and while I hate the cooking too DM is worse. As far as heroine personalities go, DM is hardly better with all the heroines having personality only shortly after meeting Satou and then turning into lifeless NPC that just go after him.
This MC at least wants something and there is a reason behind what he is doing (not saying it is clever, but he is at least not just wandering all around in almost episodic story). I can't say he is exactly the best MC, but still better than withered robot like Satou.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 06:15   Link #39
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^I agree that everyone is better than Satou

But DM is better than this, because the aforementioned reasons and the writing of this novel is crap. Not forgetting this is so boring that watching paint dries is more entertaining, while in DM at least there's always something happening so not boring (but you hate Satou no matter what).
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 06:27   Link #40
Blankdom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere that is nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I just can't understand, how so many people hate this series, while so many people love Death March. This one has at least the MC getting stronger. There is even less conflict and reason for actions in DM and while I hate the cooking too DM is worse. As far as heroine personalities go, DM is hardly better with all the heroines having personality only shortly after meeting Satou and then turning into lifeless NPC that just go after him.
This MC at least wants something and there is a reason behind what he is doing (not saying it is clever, but he is at least not just wandering all around in almost episodic story). I can't say he is exactly the best MC, but still better than withered robot like Satou.
Main reason is how amateurish the writing/story is, I would say -- How it keeps droning on and on about one time for most of the chapter is the main reason I couldn't really care less about it. I would read it, but meh, if it drops.

Anyways, I haven't read Death March's LN/WN, though I've read the manga, so I can't say much, but I think the reason people like that, when compared to this, is that it has actual progression/conflict, and there are more interaction between cast the join the minimum.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheat, furry, harem, level system, slave

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.