AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 14:34   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Kuromajo-san ga Touru!!

Hmm ... I have not seen a thread for this one either, and honest it totally flew under my radar until I stumbled across the first ep of it....

Here is the announcement for it on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=14118

And here is the summary from that page:

"Chiyoko Kurotori is a 5th grader who loves the occult. One day, she tries to divine her friend's "cupid," but thanks to a stuffy nose summons a witch named Gyubid instead. From that day on, Gyyubid becomes Chiyoko's magic instructor. She must learn to balance the grueling demands of her training with her normal school life."

Here is the anidb link too: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=9020

Anyone else tried this show out?

First ep was only about 7 minutes long or so. Hmm. Not terrible per se....
Old 2012-04-04, 22:01   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks for the thread. Nice first ep. I was surprised that ep1 was only seven minutes long, but Shoboi Calendar says that from ep2 on, they are full length.

EDIT 11 April: Actually Shoboi Calendar is clearly wrong (which is unusual): it still says all episodes, including the first and second, are full length. We now know that we're dealing with seven-minute episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-04-11 at 16:09.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:05   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

I checked out the first episode, and enjoyed it for a lot of the same reasons I do the Precure franchise. That I previously heard one of the leads as Kanade might help that. Kids' show aimed at girls, it doesn't really matter - if a show looks entertaining, I'll watch it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:25   Link #4
Dop
Mmmm....

I agree with Midonin on that. I was quite amused by the first episode, so I'll give it some more.

I did get a bit of a 'Thriller Restaurant' vibe from it, really.

(BTW, the sub I watched was using 'Madoka Runes' for the incantations. Was I missing anything or were they just gibberish anyway?)
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:13   Link #5
FireChick

This made me smile. I'm watching it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:45   Link #6
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like 7 minutes is indeed the show's running length. It's a fine length. Longer than the three-minute romps like Yurumates and Recorder (about equal to Gokujo, too), but not too long to wear out its premise. I think it could even be 15 minutes if it wanted.

As for episode two, magic is just like riding a bike. Even if Choco has to expose her.... work outfit to her friends. The hoverbike magic was pretty nifty - where she's going, she doesn't need roads.

Romi Park's performance as Gyubid is a lot of fun to watch.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:01   Link #7
Dop
Mmmm....

This week, it's onmyouji meets black witch in a battle between psychic and sceptic to win Choco's heart... although Gyubid is more interested in obtaining some neat dolls.

I'm quite liking this, it's short, but it's not too short, and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Romi Park's performance as Gyubid is a lot of fun to watch.
She steals the show, really.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:23   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Okay - caught up on eps 2 and 3 last night, and must admit that I find myself warming up to this series. It's short and kinda cute, actually. Worth 7 minutes of my time, imo.
Old 2012-04-25, 13:15   Link #9
Midonin
Last Engage

I knew it was only a matter of time before another witch showed up to mess with Choco. Ruru (Lulu?) is your usual stoic mysterious rival, but what's more interesting is what this week reveals about Gyubid. Not only was her first crush a teacher at her magic school (I wonder if the show will go there at some point, or just remain on Earth), he looks... like a minotaur. Anything goes in the magic world, it seems.
Old 2012-04-25, 13:25   Link #10
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

A pity ... this series needs a little more attention than it gets.

Ep 4 was also pretty good....
Old 2012-04-25, 15:25   Link #11
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

This is a nice little series, but episode 4 was the first where I felt the seven minute runtime really hurts. Decent plot idea for episode 4 but way too compressed. Has anyone seen or read the novels? I know this is aimed at kids, I was just wondering what age range.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 13:32   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
This is a nice little series, but episode 4 was the first where I felt the seven minute runtime really hurts. Decent plot idea for episode 4 but way too compressed. Has anyone seen or read the novels? I know this is aimed at kids, I was just wondering what age range.
Hmm ... I have not read the source material, but for me the 6-7 minutes or so is working fine for the moment. This series is kinda "cute" in an odd little way - so I will be keeping this one for now.
Old 2012-05-01, 12:51   Link #13
ookamigirl

New transfer student.
Kojima was one lucky guy ^^ with a serious crush.
Seems like Ramon was not an ordinary girl.
Gyubid sure was disappointed with the teacher she idolized.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 11:16   Link #14
Midonin
Last Engage

Cute little episode today, with the introduction of Gyubid's black cat familiar, and a bizarre cast of catgirl disease. Choco's moving up in the world. Now she's got a hat and a magical smartphone. (It's good to see that the magic world isn't stuck in some sort of technological stasis. Then again, it's Japan. Of course everyone would have the latest gadgets.)
Old 2012-05-13, 16:31   Link #15
evil_twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Now she's got a hat and a magical smartphone.
She might as well get longer episodes from now on Mahou shoujo generally haven't been getting enough love recently ...
evil_twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 15:06   Link #16
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

I thought ep 5 was plain adorable.

Yes - I know I am late to the party here, am watching ep 6 later today....
Old 2012-05-23, 11:38   Link #17
Midonin
Last Engage

Both Choco's class and the magical world are being fleshed out a bit, with an appearance by Baba Yaga this week. The way that Choco defeated her was... it seems kind of like cheating, but it's apparently legit by the rules of the game. I wonder if the magic world is used to these sorts of things.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:47   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... I was kinda surprised the ep spent as much time as it did introducing new class members. Makes me wonder if it really will get a full treatment as a 12/13 ep anime.

Anyhoo, a nice little ep.
Old 2012-05-24, 15:19   Link #19
Dop
Mmmm....

Do you reckon Gyubid's been taking lessons from Shirokuma about making horrible puns?
Old 2012-06-20, 11:33   Link #20
Midonin
Last Engage

Maria is now one of my favorite characters. She reminds me greatly of Kate from Sketchbook (nan dess kar?), and Kate is a legend around certain parts of the internet. I also find Megu's propensity for malapropisms cute and funny. This is probably the only show on the air that has schoolgirls talking about Satan... and it's aimed at a young age group. Only in Japan.